Best gaming PC builder?

atherton213 said:
if you dont have any credit you probly wont get approved for financing anywhere anyway... just save and build your self...

I called Dell before I made this post. I qualify, im just not old enough. (17)

I'll add something....

You won't get it....

No Credit, no one will do it.. same thing with me (18) and I've had a CC for 6 months paid monthly and STILL can't get another

You DON'T Qualify though, when your 18, they can run credit checks, not when you're 17... they just tell you that to make you think you're Qualified... until they run the credit check.

They ran the credit check. I have it sitting on my desk. The only thing that rejected me was the fact that I am 17. Reason why they accepted it is because I make more than 200 a week and I work for a computer store which is a dell reseller in very high standing with dell.

What are the exact specs of your friends box? Can you post one pic that says said friend really recieved a unit from this company? Surely this guy would want to post pics of such a lovely PC. not one review on resellerratings. Also, surely this guy would also like to give the company good ratings too right? After all reseller does have a listing for aquaboxpc.com. They have an excellent looking site going, but it looks undone, and i would never give that company my money until i saw some reviews, or had a business verifier (you can pay a company that will verify if a business is legit with a real physical driveby and checking if they filed locally as a legit business and not just some outfit with two 17 year olds running out of a garage being supplied by third parties).

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller9786.html

Anyone here used abspc? I am asking.

And maybe its just me, but the customise button doesn't even work for my at aquabox.

I build my own machines, but if I were to buy one:

Falcon-NW

http://falcon-nw.com

Dream PC. Extremely expensive high-end, superb performance.

Just playing around I put together a $10G machine.

I wish I had enough money to buy one just for the custom paint job...

cybernetics and cyberpower and ibuypower are all the same places. I would know better than anyone. I have been to their so called building. It is just some hole in the ground in china town #2 (baldwin park) here in california. About a 15 min drive from LAX. They are just 4 guys in some random office with crap all over the place. They are tricky guys. I HIGHLY Recommend avoiding them. I bought a laptop, paid extra for upgraded ram, better video card and more. Was EXTREMELY well priced, way cheaper than dell. Even had little radeon 9700pro sticker on it and corsair sticker. I never bothered to check those specs, did not assume I would have been tricked. But when I sold the laptop it had a 5400rpm HD instead of the 7200rpm I had paid 40 extra for, an older video card, no name brand ram (not corsair), and the battery they were suppose to fix kept giving problems. Luckily guy did not care since I sold it so cheap. Plus the fan got busted and he had to fix it himself.

I almost bought a PC from them, then I ran into someone who bought a PC from them and was suppose to have SLI 6800 ultras but really had 6600GTs, he sent it back complaining and they said he voided warranty for switching cards and they sent it with ultras. Hes now disputing his CC company. I then decided to build my own PC. Best choice I EVER made. I spent about 1800 on my comp and 3dmark05 is around 8300-8500 depending if I mod stuff or not. I had never built before, just read a lot, used some website that teacher you how to build, and voila. I highly recommend it.

Anyways, that aquabox site does not even work when you want to click to customize a comp...

From past experiences, if I had to recommend an OEM company, dell is a great build/warranty, but monarch has best prices, options, support, the works. I would go with them for sure. Alienware, falcon, voodoo etc are all rip offs. If you are going to buy from them for the name, at least go with like monarch or hire a builder to build you one your self. I bet a 5k alienware can be built for 2500.

hijynx54 said:
Anyways, that aquabox site does not even work when you want to click to customize a comp...

That's why i posted what i did - there are unfinished web pages and dead links still. They might actually be good but until there are other reviews i would not trust them.

They might actually be good assuming they use good parts and do not charge a lot :) That is a pretty big if/might :)

On aqua box, it says on their main page that they are not open for buisness. So that explains everything not working yet.

When it does open it does look interesting. Not many companies do water by default. Look slike they will also be doing nice custom paint jobs. :)

haha, youyr financing a computer with no credit. Suck it up and don't do it right now, save your money later. Hell, paypal it to me if your going to throw it out the window.

Yea you are probally qualified at Dell's highest Rate. 29.99%

Dell Preferred Accounts are probally some of the worse credit deals I have ever seen. I had one before my credit was great (Around 620) Now Im up at 780, and they wont lower my intrest rate. I wanted them to move it down from 19.9 down to around 14% they said no. I already had the card paid off, so its no sweat I just dont use it.

Just get a personal loan from a bank, with your parents co-signing, thats pretty much a garrented loan because it uses parents credit AND when you finish paying it off it goes on your credit AND you parents so if you did payments on time you get a nice credit rating, if you didn't. well except a nasty call from your parents :p oh and on top of thaqt, bank personal loans are REALLY REALLY cheap(low intrest rate).

//Elimi'Xed

Elimi'Xed said:
Just get a personal loan from a bank, with your parents co-signing, thats pretty much a garrented loan because it uses parents credit AND when you finish paying it off it goes on your credit AND you parents so if you did payments on time you get a nice credit rating, if you didn't. well except a nasty call from your parents :p oh and on top of thaqt, bank personal loans are REALLY REALLY cheap(low intrest rate).

//Elimi'Xed

I 2nd that. I have sold many systems to people that have gone this route and it is always better than financing. The financing company I use would problem hit you for over 25% if they approved you at all. The company I use is the same that Alienware and a few others use. The coolest thing they have is 90 days same as cash. (Which I personal like if I know I can pay it in 90 days.)

I think thats the best middle of the road approach, i can build my own pc, and get financed at the same time, gonna call up my bank right now!

Kaiga said:
Open the case to a Falcon Northwest and you Void the warranty on an extremely overpriced PC, and it made me laugh when you said great tech support. Alienware makes good PCs but they charge far too much.

falcon allows you to open their case.... their warranty allows you to overclock also last time i checked

2004-12-09T164757Z.jpg

Oh. My. God.

That was on the go-l site above. The computers aren't half bad either. Too bad it would take donald trump's deep pockets to buy one.

Holy crap, why is everyone so against financing lol. I say just do it, dells rates are high if your credit worthyness isnt great, but dont forget you can pay it off as fast as you want and as quick without any penalty. BTW, i think the dell xps600 is looking FINE!

I asked Aquabox PC for some photos of some computers they built and they uploaded them for me here: http://superiorpcs.smugmug.com/gallery/748120/1

They told me that this was a customers computer they built and it is shown on their website as well.

Specs Aquabox PC gave me:

Asus A8N Deluxe
AMD X2 4200 Overclocked to 4800 speeds
1 gig OCZ Platinum Revision 2
7800 GTX Overclocked
1 36 gig raptor
1 160 gig seagate
All Zalman Copper Cooling including northbridge
600 watt enermax noisetaker
Plextor Trayless Drive
Mitsumi Floppy/Digital Card Combo
Free Farcry & Battlefield 2
3d Mark 05: 9456
Torture Tested for 120 hours using Prime 95, 3d Mark 05, Halo, Doom 3, Farcry, Half Life 2, Fear Demo, UT 2004
All Settings maxed including anistropic filtering 16x

$2650 US

Seizure Explosion said:
2004-12-09T164757Z.jpg

Oh. My. God.

That was on the go-l site above. The computers aren't half bad either. Too bad it would take donald trump's deep pockets to buy one.
I think I just wet my pants. That is litterally a holy shrine. I never ever though the win XP bar could ever get that long. DAMN.

Only time I'd really down over ~$1200 is on a laptop, which i just got a spiffy new i9300 :D Other than that, I built a $1g pc last year and I'm just peachy about it today. Of course, at the time I was like, Dude I should be spending way more and buy a phat gaming rigz0r!. Now I really enjoy having that extra cash around....

Buy what you need, in a couple months when you find something else you really want (which you probably will) you won't regret it.

BTW, financing is gross. To start financing the instant you turn 18 is even grosser. Think more of your future, not your present. :)

Tman said:
I asked Aquabox PC for some photos of some computers they built and they uploaded them for me here: http://superiorpcs.smugmug.com/gallery/748120/1

They told me that this was a customers computer they built and it is shown on their website as well.

Specs Aquabox PC gave me:

Asus A8N Deluxe
AMD X2 4200 Overclocked to 4800 speeds
1 gig OCZ Platinum Revision 2
7800 GTX Overclocked
1 36 gig raptor
1 160 gig seagate
All Zalman Copper Cooling including northbridge
600 watt enermax noisetaker
Plextor Trayless Drive
Mitsumi Floppy/Digital Card Combo
Free Farcry & Battlefield 2
3d Mark 05: 9456
Torture Tested for 120 hours using Prime 95, 3d Mark 05, Halo, Doom 3, Farcry, Half Life 2, Fear Demo, UT 2004
All Settings maxed including anistropic filtering 16x

$2650 US
r
what do you guys think

Tman said:
r
what do you guys think

That is BS! If any one does the math, they will find that the cost from Newegg or Tiger will exceed $2100 for that system. Obviously, they are not a real company as of yet. So why would any one begin to think that they will get a REAL WARRANTY for $400-500?

theseeker said:
That is BS! If any one does the math, they will find that the cost from Newegg or Tiger will exceed $2100 for that system. Obviously, they are not a real company as of yet. So why would any one begin to think that they will get a REAL WARRANTY for $400-500?

Hi seeker this is Sean from Aquabox PC. Tman has alerted me that there are some disbelievers here about us. Well I cant prove to you that we are a real company besides showing you our business papers and our products but I will tell you this; over a period of a year you will see us in magazines and on nVidia's site just like the others. So in that time you can think what you want but I can promise you we are very real indeed. Feel free to contact me anytime by email or by phone and you will get a reply from us. You can call us at (949) 888-9161 or email me at [email protected].

I appologize I gave Tman the wrong quote for that system it was actually $2,943.83 with shipping. The parts did not cost 2100 on newegg.com. I did the configuration myself on newegg.com and it came out to $2,429.42

PLEXTOR Black IDE DVD Burner Model PX-716AL/SW - Retail $143.99

SILVERSTONE TEMJIN SST-TJ06B-W Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail $141.49

Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM 111.00

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3160827AS 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM $86.50

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $159.99

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail $535.00

ENERMAX All in One Noisetaker Series EG701AX-VE SFMA(24P) ATX12V 600W Power Supply - Retail $149.99

ZALMAN VF700-CU 2 Ball VGA COOLER - Retail $30.99

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu LED 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan - Retail $42.99

ZALMAN ZM-NB47J Aluminium NorthBridge Chipset Cooler - Retail $6.99

MITSUMI FA404A/404M 8-in-1 USB 2.0 Digital Card Reader/Writer W/FD INTERNAL - OEM $23.00

Update OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB 169.95

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ $473

Microsoft Windows XP Professional X64 Edition 1 package - OEM $142.95

Subtotal: $2,214.82
Tax: $160.57
Shipping: $54.03
Total: $2,429.42

By the way seeker I see in your custom build you have an aqua computer liquid cooling system. We use that same cooling unit you have in your computer in our leviathan model.

Cyber power got me a nice system for college for a great price. I strongly suggest them..

Equilibrium said:
Hi seeker this is Sean from Aquabox PC. Tman has alerted me that there are some disbelievers here about us. Well I cant prove to you that we are a real company besides showing you our business papers and our products but I will tell you this; over a period of a year you will see us in magazines and on nVidia's site just like the others. So in that time you can think what you want but I can promise you we are very real indeed. Feel free to contact me anytime by email or by phone and you will get a reply from us. You can call us at (949) 888-9161 or email me at [email protected].

If i were Joe PC gaming computer seeker i would not have any problems buying from you after i had someone check out your business fist hand- EG: a real warehouse with real people working real jobs, or a real shop. Not home ran. Sounds like a nice legit startup business :)

zone_86 said:
If i were Joe PC gaming computer seeker i would not have any problems buying from you after i had someone check out your business fist hand- EG: a real warehouse with real people working real jobs, or a real shop. Not home ran. Sounds like a nice legit startup business :)

Yeah we just started. I promise you that if you give us time we can prove that we are reliable and legit. Everyone has to start from somewhere including all of the competition. It is not easy to start a business like this but like I said with time we can prove it.

Equilibrium said:

I appologize I gave Tman the wrong quote for that system it was actually $2,943.83 with shipping. The parts did not cost 2100 on newegg.com. I did the configuration myself on newegg.com and it came out to $2,429.42

PLEXTOR Black IDE DVD Burner Model PX-716AL/SW - Retail $143.99

SILVERSTONE TEMJIN SST-TJ06B-W Black Aluminum/Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail $141.49

Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM 111.00

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3160827AS 160GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM $86.50

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $159.99

BFG Tech BFGR78256GTXOC Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail $535.00

ENERMAX All in One Noisetaker Series EG701AX-VE SFMA(24P) ATX12V 600W Power Supply - Retail $149.99

ZALMAN VF700-CU 2 Ball VGA COOLER - Retail $30.99

ZALMAN CNPS7000B-Cu LED 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan - Retail $42.99

ZALMAN ZM-NB47J Aluminium NorthBridge Chipset Cooler - Retail $6.99

MITSUMI FA404A/404M 8-in-1 USB 2.0 Digital Card Reader/Writer W/FD INTERNAL - OEM $23.00

Update OCZ EL Platinum Revision 2 1GB 169.95

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ $473

Microsoft Windows XP Professional X64 Edition 1 package - OEM $142.95

Subtotal: $2,214.82
Tax: $160.57
Shipping: $54.03
Total: $2,429.42

By the way seeker I see in your custom build you have an aqua computer liquid cooling system. We use that same cooling unit you have in your computer in our leviathan model.

I would be careful about the names you use.
I did not price the components from either company I mentioned. It was just an educated guess. I wish you luck in your endeavor. However, most of the people in HF are educated and informed buyers.
1. Your website does not work.
2. You cannot make $ with your above pricing or begin to pay for support.
I am not trying to flame you, as I said before, I wish you luck. You have a nice website and a good idea, but can you back it up? Time will tell as well as reseller ratings.
Good luck!

Personally, I am kind of tired of all these companies offering the same product, with basically no competitive advantage. No offense to AquaBox, I know how hard it is to start and run a business, but every computer company out there seems to offer a liquid cooled, cathode-lighted, clear side panel, high priced monster.

I just don't see anything unique out of AquaBox. Good luck to you in your endeavor, but I honestly don't think you stand much of a chance with the market as saturated as it is with companies exactly like you. Catchy names for systems don't make you unique, a unique product makes you unique. I could go on and on with names of gaming computer companies that didn't make it, and the ones that did make it had something the others didn't have.

Actually we offer TEC Thermoelectric cooling which is not offered at any of the competitors. We have reported a -60 degree temperature for our CPU's and GPU's. We are also working on a TEC based hard drive cooler as well. By the way seeker thanks for giving us a chance because we really want to work hard to get us mainstream in the business. Just to give you some info, you can go to alienware or any of the others and our price will be pretty close to theirs. As for the configurator not working that has to do with us still working on the exact prices and we feel that it is not ready for the public. We will release that as soon as we can.

Equilibrium said:
Actually we offer TEC Thermoelectric cooling which is not offered at any of the competitors. We have reported a -60 degree temperature for our CPU's and GPU's. We are also working on a TEC based hard drive cooler as well. By the way seeker thanks for giving us a chance because we really want to work hard to get us mainstream in the business. Just to give you some info, you can go to alienware or any of the others and our price will be pretty close to theirs. As for the configurator not working that has to do with us still working on the exact prices and we feel that it is not ready for the public. We will release that as soon as we can.

I just want to know why you would go live with a web site that is incomplete? I appreciate the fact that you are trying to be successful, but it seems rather inept. If I go to a website to order parts or a new machine, i expect every link and every configurator to work. Its one thing to have a url, and just say "Aquabox PC's coming soon" but it is something else to put up a half ass site.

Give the guy a bit if time. I understand fully how hard it is. I did it with a real shop and online (for a short time). It's hard. Get your HTML tage on the buttons and configs up to date. All parts you want selectable - selectable from a drop down box/s. Warranty clearly stated. No dead links. I'm sure you'll be ok just get that site fully operational and working before you go live on the server where it's hosted. Good luck with your company :)

Tanky said:
I just want to know why you would go live with a web site that is incomplete? I appreciate the fact that you are trying to be successful, but it seems rather inept. If I go to a website to order parts or a new machine, i expect every link and every configurator to work. Its one thing to have a url, and just say "Aquabox PC's coming soon" but it is something else to put up a half ass site.

Which page is actually incomplete without a coming soon on it? The only thing that is not working is the configurator. By the way thank you zone for understanding the complexity of running a business and a complicated website.

I think what he is getting at is that you want the configurator to work before you site ever goes live, I know i would. You don't want to give the impression that you do things halfway, or don't finish a job, or don't finish it on time, or are lackadazical about it, or actually lack business overhead to complete a site, or the know how to do it and finish it yourself if that's what you are doing. There are so many crooks these days people pay attention to those things. That alone would give me pause enough to have you're site (and you) checked out quite thoroughly (to see if you are a registered business in your community) before i spent thousands. I would try and complete it as soon as i could. Personally i would not put it up until it was done, alpha and beta tested with at least 100 mock purchases, following it all the way though delivery on a few of them. You want it good to go before people see it.

zone_86 said:
I think what he is getting at is that you want the configurator to work before you site ever goes live, I know i would. You don't want to give the impression that you do things halfway, or don't finish a job, or don't finish it on time, or are lackadazical about it, or actually lack business overhead to complete a site, or the know how to do it and finish it yourself if that's what you are doing. There are so many crooks these days people pay attention to those things. That alone would give me puase enough to have you're site (and you) checked out quite thoroughly (to see if you are a registered business in your community) before i spent thousands. And if it's not complete you should try complete it as soon as you can (if you can or if the timing is ok for you).
Well it shouldn't be any longer then 2 weeks or so. So I will heed your advice and work as quickly as possible on the configurator. I just didn't think that 2 weeks would hurt since I have been working on the site for close to a year now and all the information about our computers was done.

Back