Best game of the year

I would have to say that its Prototype.
So baddass!
signature_gtx285.jpg

Maybe i just like the violence but it just seems like such a fresh style of gameplay. Really frantic button smashing style.

It did remind me of the wolverine game to a degree but way more open.

If you havnt tried it yet I definitely would.

As of now, I will vote none. Here's to hoping for SC2 to be released in 2009!

Not sure if it counts since technically it was released around Christmas time, but I'd think L4D would take it if it does. I've logged so many hours in that game. Tried Prototype.. wasn't too impressed. Wall running was cool though.

Prototype is on the bottom of my list for games that released this year...ugh.

So far, Killzone 2. Pretty sure that will change with either MAG, Uncharted 2, and/or Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time.
And a side rant, I swear, if that game doesn't have online play...

if game of the year is based on what I actually play on my PC ..then honors would go to TF2!! :D

I would have to say that its Prototype.
So baddass!
signature_gtx285.jpg

Maybe i just like the violence but it just seems like such a fresh style of gameplay. Really frantic button smashing style.

It did remind me of the wolverine game to a degree but way more open.

If you havnt tried it yet I definitely would.

Agreed. I don't know what it is about it but I feel obligated to defend this game whenever the chance arises. It's one of those moral compass need not apply games like Clayfighter, Super smash TV, Aliens vs predator (arcade version). The story is good but throw away, The graphics aren't crysis, but they serve their purpose, and you get to eat people.

If the WII can be the highest selling console is history then people have no right to whine about graphics or story anymore.

When I was a child my teacher asked - "what do you want to grow to be nate?"

Ten year old me - "I want to be a people eating monster with a healing factor that would make wolverine cry and arms that turn into swords"

Ten year old me - "I want to be a people eating monster with a healing factor that would make wolverine cry and arms that turn into swords"

isn't that what all 10 year olds want to be? ...I mean ..duh .. :p

..and +1 on Clayfighter!

Nothing so far... I've hopes for Dragon Age, maybe SC2, but so far, from what I've seen this year it's all meh, no matter if it's PC or console

Thats a great strip.

Don't really have on yet this year. Hoping on Dragons Age and SC2. Demigod would be currently if it was a little more flawless.

My votes are on Dragon Age, Fallout: New Vegas and Star Craft II.

Dawn of War 2 and Killzone 2 were the only games that really impressed me this year.

Hoping ArmA 2, Demon's Souls and Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT can change that!

Yeah I'd have to agree with Sims 3 as the best commercial release so far. Killing Zone was pretty bad ass though for $15.

I really hope it ends up being Dragon Age. Unfortunately, it seems like it's going to be one of those games that should be good, but for X number of reasons is a flop.

Who knows, though.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Entrenchment - It addressed ALL the issues I had with the original game.

I have played ArmA 2, and I have to say that if the milsim genre had a bigger fanbase, it would have a chance at GotY. Sadly most people don't have the patience for them.

im surprised no one has said Halo 3: ODST or Splinter Cell: Conviction (which i have been personally looking forward to since its announcement two years ago :D)

im surprised no one has said Halo 3: ODST or Splinter Cell: Conviction (which i have been personally looking forward to since its announcement two years ago :D)

that's because Halo is terrible and splinter cell isn't as good as metal gear solid.

Looks like [H] voted for plants vs zombies this year :D my vote goes to Red Alert 3 uprising because I play it more than the others

Back