Best Game EVER?

It's almost too early to state this imo but mine goes to Fallout 3. That and the Original Guild Wars.
 
Best game ever is kind of a wide range. If you are talking about a single run through or longevity? And are we including mods?

You have Fallout (1 and 2 - 3 was not bad, but not as good), Nethack, SMB3, Final Fantasy 1, 6 or 7, WoW (for bringing gaming to the masses), Planescape: Torment, Half-Life (1 and 2 which would possibly be here w/ mods), Disgeia (or one of the iterations), etc etc.
 
It sure as hell is not Left 4 Dead or Fallout 3 when talking about best ever.

Single Player: Final Fantasy 7
Multiplayer: Counter Strike Betas - 1.6 / Counter Strike Source

Honorable Mentions: Diablo, Super Mario World, Shining Force III, and World of Warcraft.
 
Its XCOM / UFO Enemy Unknown.

I had it for my Amiga A1200, it was the first game i got on my first PC and i've just got it again via Steam for £2.99. Its in dire need of a re-release with new graphics, but except for that its my all time favourite. With FF7 in second place.
 
My favorite/best games are the ones I have the best memories playing. That would be titles from the NES. SMB3, FF, Zelda, and MegaMan games.
 
This is a stupid question, but the answer is obviously among Tetris, Kick the Can, Running-Down-An-Alley-Chasing-A-Wooden-Circle-With-A-Stick Game, The Price is Right, and the ever popular Grab Ass and Horse Play.
 
my usual response to these threads: RTCW.

COD4 is a close second though.
 
Blackthorne for snes

I'll never forget shooting those monsters with my double barreled shotgun and the blood sputing out of 'em.:D
 
I was surprised Super Metroid hadn't even received a mention! Zelda: Link to the Past in a very close second. SNES...what a system :)
 
That's Tekken 3 - King & Paul & Nina - best beat'em up ever & on PC - Civilization I
 
Single-player: I'd hand it to Milton's Secret Castle, Civilization, or most likely, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Multi-player: Hands-down, Dark Age of Camelot (by Mythic), including all expansions sequentially.
 
Back
Top