• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Best Game EVER?

Single Player - Metal Gear Solid 2 - PS2
Multiplayer (Local) - Super Smash Bros. - N64
MMO - Legend of Mir 2 [Now pronounced dead ;_;]
 
total-annihilation.jpg

TA
 
Duke Nukem Forever!!!

but seriously...

I think Diablo 2's successor Diablo 3 will be the best game ever...
 
Sorry, you all appear to be overlooking something incredibly important:

ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II ROAD RASH II
 
As said before, best game is the one with the best memories, some of you are calling out driving games? Lmao okay then.

RPG: Ocarina of Time

FPS: Half-Life 2
 
Probably Baldur's Gate 2

and with the bugfixes: Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines
 
I'm with Mystkmax and Freezebyte. LoadRunner was one of the best games ever. X-wing was definitely up there. As for "mutli-player", M.U.L.E. rules all.

Silly whippersnappers!
 
Damnit Tetrahedron,

I had made my picks, then saw your Galaga mention....that's definitely my favorite ever.
 
Would have to be the original Doom. Anyone who says otherwise wasn't born yet or way too young.
 
The original Metal Gear Solid left the biggest impact on me at the time. I was 13 years old playing it, and I understood it and all the terms, because quite frankly, I was a war nut and a huge book worm.
 
does anyone remember loderunner? loved that game. 1985ish.

Had it for my spectrum 48k, it took ages to load from the tape though, i always remember it as one of the games which took longest. It was one of the first games i can remember that came with a map editor (if thats what you can call it)
 
It'd be a tie between:

System Shock 2, FF7, FF8, FFX, Shogo:MAD, TA, Mechwarrior 2...

I just discovered choosing just one is a very hard thing to do!

EDIT: HAHAHAHAH but Ball In Cup is an awesome suggestion~
 
BF 1942 and DC mod, Warcraft 3 and CS all rank in the top 3 for me. I can't even count the hours i've dropped into those three games alone.
 
Doom was a ground breaker but imo can't compete with best of all time.

For it's time, it's graphics were twice as good as Crysis and the atmosphere/effect it had on you still has not been touched. The fact that it was a groundbreaker to me makes it the best game of all time. The fact that I went out and spent $2,000 on a brand new 25mhz, 4mb of ram, 128mb hard drive IBM pc the same day I saw my neighbor playing it speaks for itself seeing as how I thought consoles were the only gaming options out there.
 
For it's time, it's graphics were twice as good as Crysis and the atmosphere/effect it had on you still has not been touched. The fact that it was a groundbreaker to me makes it the best game of all time. The fact that I went out and spent $2,000 on a brand new 25mhz, 4mb of ram, 128mb hard drive IBM pc the same day I saw my neighbor playing it speaks for itself seeing as how I thought consoles were the only gaming options out there.

Very true points and I agree. DOOM would be one of my favs for this reason. Many of the early DOS games where seriously must haves. DOOM was leaps and bounds more ground breaking than the modern titles can muster. Though this is not necessarily the fault of modern games, the original DOS games where able to give computer and game enthusiast a new way to play, a new way to envision, and a new way to be total engulfed in a moment. Of course, that’s why they’re classics…
 
Diablo got me into PC gaming, so it's gotta rank as my all-time #1 game.
 
Back
Top