Best controller for PC?

Max-Powers

Gawd
I am looking for a controller to use for my PC. Mostly for GTA4, but I will use it for whatever else I feel like. Just need something cheep to play these games that are ported from consoles that suck on PCs. Is it true Xbox controllers are plug and play on PCs? I would prefer wireless. No, I will not get a console, spend more than $50, or stop playing lame ported games.

yup, all the 360 controllers are plug and play :) To use a wireless version, you need to buy the xbox wireless adaptor (which will enable you to use pretty much every xbox type of controller with your pc).

or you can buy a wired controller, but wireless is deff. worth the extra money IMHO.

they're, hands down, the best controller for the PC :)

For the Wireless 360 controller + adapter, it'll probably run more than $50. Wired ones can be had for about $35 new.

Keyboard and mouse of course, but if you must, go with an Xbox 360 controller, there's a requirement in the games for windows live spec for 360 controler support, so that's your best bet for compatability I guess.

360 one works for me. Just as an FPS demands a KB/M, some games demand a controller.

If you've got a 360 controller, go ahead and use it. Me, I bought a Logitech Dual Analog for like $20 and called it a day. Works great for all my emulators :D

If you have a PS3, you can grab a bluetooth adapter for the PC for like $6.

Yeah, but then you have to use the most uncomfortable controller ever designed.

I prefer the X360 controller. There is some software required for the wireless version for battery and sync monitoring, but it is very lightweight. It uses 3.7MB on my computer.

For the Wireless 360 controller + adapter, it'll probably run more than $50. Wired ones can be had for about $35 new.

Its not more then $50...

Here it is from Amazon with free shipping & no tax, less then $50.

Completely worth it IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
360 controller is great as long as you dont touch the D-PAD.

If dpad then saturn controller :).

Its not more then $50...

Here it is from Amazon with free shipping & no tax, less then $50.

Completely worth it IMO.

But you need the wireless receiver on top of the controller which puts it over $50.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I use my PS3 and my Xbox 360 controller depending on the game. Usually only use my PS3 controller for SFIV

If yuo don't want a 360 controller the best controller i have found so far (and i've been through many) is the Saitek P2900..

Has great software and a great feel to it also. the P2900 is the wireless version and i think the P2500 is the wired version..

I've stubbornly stayed away from consoles just cuz my lack of control with my thumbs.

I could never see myself playing a PC game with a controller other than steering wheel controls... I'm just so bad with the thumb thing.

360 controller. Bought it used off CL for $15. Disassembled and sanitized with bleach. Works great.

I've stubbornly stayed away from consoles just cuz my lack of control with my thumbs.

I could never see myself playing a PC game with a controller other than steering wheel controls... I'm just so bad with the thumb thing.

I would normally say the same for FPS, but since I recently picked up Batman AA for the PC, its has become that much better playing with an xbox360 pad. I'm sure there are many that would rather play it on KB/M, but for certain games its nice to sink back in your chair and 'gel' out.

gellin.gif

Sorry, had to :p

logitech dual action is solid and a good price
I no longer try to buy fancy PC gamepads because they all seem to easily get shorts in their wire

I use the wireless 360 controller for my racing games and 3rd person style games. All else KB/M.

the wireless reciever can operate up to 4 wireless control pads right buys? does all wireless control pads of the 360 have rumble effects?

i want to get one for use with rfactor, gtr evo and need for speed shift

Yup, 1 receiver supports 4 controllers and they also have the rumble effects.

You can use your current wireless 360 controller with the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows, but these are getting harder to find. It might be a better deal to buy the 360 Wireless Controller for PC which includes the wireless controller + reciever. Or you can use a wired xbox 360 controller.

I recommend xpadder 5.3 (the free version) for mapping mouse and keyboard movement.

You can use your current wireless 360 controller with the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows, but these are getting harder to find. It might be a better deal to buy the 360 Wireless Controller for PC which includes the wireless controller + reciever. Or you can use a wired xbox 360 controller.

I recommend xpadder 5.3 (the free version) for mapping mouse and keyboard movement.

does the 360 headset work on pc games too?

I am looking for a controller to use for my PC. Mostly for GTA4, but I will use it for whatever else I feel like. Just need something cheep to play these games that are ported from consoles that suck on PCs. Is it true Xbox controllers are plug and play on PCs? I would prefer wireless. No, I will not get a console, spend more than $50, or stop playing lame ported games.

Have you tried the mouse/keyboard combo for GTA 4? The off vehicle action is way better with mouse/keyboard but gamepad is nice for the driving parts.

As mentioned a bit expensive but the Xbox 360 gmepad and the wireless receiver is the best option. If you don´t use the gamepad a lot some logitech junk or such will probably hold long enough as well. They are smaller then the gigantic 360 pad so easier to lay aside but that is a small concern for me :).

I use the 360 wireless controller with receiver. Best combo, plus it works well with emulators (Ps2, if that's your thing)

Man I love the Sony controllers, of course I guess it helps I've been using them since 1994 when the first Playstation came out. I much prefer it over a 360 controller.

360 controller. Plug and Play, wired or wireless. No fiddling with anything, plug it in, and away you go.

Man I love the Sony controllers, of course I guess it helps I've been using them since 1994 when the first Playstation came out. I much prefer it over a 360 controller.

I am with you up until the sixaxis. The original, the dualshock and the dualshock II are some of the best controllers ever designed IMO. I cannot use the sixaxis though... those triggers (L2/R2) are too awkward... the controller feels small too, but thats probably because I've gotten used to the giant 360 pad

Back