Best Buy Beta

MrCaffeineX

[H]ard|Gawd
Certainly. I would too. Problem is there are more memberships than graphics cards. Unless, they put us in a que like EVGA.
It might help my odds. I've been in queue for a 3060 Ti since launch day. I think I'm over a dozen "Sorry you weren't selected" e-mails from Newegg. I managed to get one into my cart at Best Buy, but the site crashed during checkout.

Where I live now, Best Buy is the only option for computer equipment and I purchase quite a bit for the office through there. Price matching Amazon while being able to get it the same day works for me. The nearest Costco is a couple hours away and the nearest MicroCenter is about six hours away.

Krenum

Fully [H]
It might help my odds. I've been in queue for a 3060 Ti since launch day. I think I'm over a dozen "Sorry you weren't selected" e-mails from Newegg. I managed to get one into my cart at Best Buy, but the site crashed during checkout.

Where I live now, Best Buy is the only option for computer equipment and I purchase quite a bit for the office through there. Price matching Amazon while being able to get it the same day works for me. The nearest Costco is a couple hours away and the nearest MicroCenter is about six hours away.
Dang, where do you live, the middle of Wyoming? Don't feel bad. I live 25 min away from a Microcenter & BB is a stones throw. The same result. Its a graphics card desert. I would gladly trade you locations :)

NIZMOZ

[H]ard|Gawd

Sounds like me. In West Texas. Abilene to be specific. Only Best Buy about 5 miles away. MicroCenter in Dallas (230 miles), and every other store you can think of.

Krazy925

Supreme [H]ardness
Sounds like me. In West Texas. Abilene to be specific. Only Best Buy about 5 miles away. MicroCenter in Dallas (230 miles), and every other store you can think of.
400 miles to micro center, each direction.

Had a ton of frys but they dead.

I wish they had one in Oregon.

Dang, where do you live, the middle of Wyoming? Don't feel bad. I live 25 min away from a Microcenter & BB is a stones throw. The same result. Its a graphics card desert. I would gladly trade you locations :)

He’s not alone. Nearest Microcenter to me is a 10 hour drive and 700 miles away. I really wish they were in Florida.

zamardii12

2[H]4U
I have to admit I have bought more things this year from Best Buy then ever. However, this is mostly because I'm mad a New Egg, and I've started to not trust Amazon. I do hope they stay alive though.
I actually like Best Buy quite a lot. I don't make a LOT of purchases there, but their price-matching is really great and their reward system isn't bad either. There have been more than a few times where I saw a game online with a great price, and had Best Buy match is so I can pick it up early so I can play it through the weekend. Also bought our washing machine, and 43" TV for the bedroom there within the last year and have gotten some decent points racked up to spend on other things... like games. lol

ng4ever

2[H]4U
He’s not alone. Nearest Microcenter to me is a 10 hour drive and 700 miles away. I really wish they were in Florida.
5 hour drive for me at around 350 miles give or take away.

Is it worth it to go to Microcenter if it would only cost $20 to $30 each way to get there ? Hmmm

Guess it depends on what I am looking for.

LFaWolf

Gawd
If it comes with 2-year AppleCare it is a no brainer for me. 2x iPhones and Macbook Pro, yeah. Before you say sheeple, I am a developer and Macbooks are awesome for developers. They really just work.

Ihaveworms

Ukfay Ancerkay
The pricing is too good to be true. I would buy this in a heartbeat and move all my purchasing to Best Buy. Just a few of my purchases in the last three months:

M1 Macbook - Applecare is $250
iWatch Series 6 - Applecare is $80
iPhone 12 Max Pro - Applecare is $199
Airpods Pro - Applecare is $29
2x Homepod - Applecare is $39 each
2x Homepod mini - Applecare is $15 each
LG OLED TV - I wall mounted it myself, but they would have done it for me which costs at least $200 usually.

Just with these, that would be over $800 of value. Not including the free shipping value, or other two year protection on stuff.
Why are you buying so much applecare is what I am wondering. Just self insure...and be careful.

paradoxical

Weaksauce
Why are you buying so much applecare is what I am wondering. Just self insure...and be careful.
I didn't actually buy Applecare for everything, just my Macbook, iPhone, and Watch. I was illustrating the value that the BB service offered for a $199 price point.

I wouldn't buy Applecare on something like a homepod, but when you buy $3k laptops and $1500 phones, Applecare tends to be a win for me. I just had a 2018 Macbook Pro that I used the shit of have the battery start swelling a bit. Apple replaced the entire exterior case, battery, trackpad, and touchpad for me. I can probably sell this laptop used on ebay now as refurbished for about $1500, which is incredible. Applecare paid for itself easy.