best 30in monitor?

newrig

Weaksauce
sup need help deciding the best 30in monitor for extreme gaming 18hrs+ a day etc.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

you'll want something without a scaler - so something like a samsung 305t, dell 3007wfp or lg w3000h

thx for the fast answer. can u just tell me which one is better lol :p or are they all just the same specs and its just w/e brand u like better?

I'll go with the 3007. Definately do without the scaler. It increases the input lag a lot.

thx for the fast answer. can u just tell me which one is better lol :p or are they all just the same specs and its just w/e brand u like better?

the lgs and dells and doublesight monitors all use the same LG panel. Samsung's 305T is a PVA panel on the other hand.

But really in terms of lag, if you can find a store that has these displays you should really see for yourself the level of lag you find bearable.

hmm is the Gateway XHD3000 - 30" Widescreen Extreme HD Display worth looking at? from the review it looks pretty good.

I have the 3007wfp and love it. No problems at all after calibration.

Don't all 30inch LCDs still have ghosting? Thats one of the biggest things keeping me from getting one other than price.

Don't all 30inch LCDs still have ghosting? Thats one of the biggest things keeping me from getting one other than price.

hehe.... i hv tried to play games with my 3008 also including xbox360...all perfect in personally

hehe.... i hv tried to play games with my 3008 also including xbox360...all perfect in personally
Does the 3008 rev. 02 "upscale" images like TV, DVD, etc. to 2560x1600 like the Gateway HXD3000? If so, I'll get the Dell. I absolutely LOVE its styling even if it costs a few hundred $$ more than the Gateway.

My question for this thread is how someone who games 18+ hours a day can afford a 30 inch monitor :eek:

Not trying to insult here... just curious :confused:

hmm is the Gateway XHD3000 - 30" Widescreen Extreme HD Display worth looking at? from the review it looks pretty good.

The gateway is better for movies. The scalar adds noticable lag. I do all my non-2560x1600 gaming in Windowed-mode to avoid using the scalar. Losing a few FPS is better than the scalar lag.

And BTW, how can anyone game for 18+ hours? Seems like you should go for the Dell 3007, and the absolute best video setup.

im wondering this myself too. i bought a gaming pc from maingear.com and i bought the samsung 305t with it.

the picture went out on it and i called maingear. samsung was going to send me a new monitor and i would switch out mine at the nearest ups station.

i recieved a call this morning from samsung. they said that the 305t is on back order and no ETA on when i could get one. i can either get my money back or send mine off to be fixed. im going to just get my money back. i was going to post a topic like this to see find some help on what i should get but i found this topic.

my question is which is the best to get instead of the samsung 305t. i play pc games, movies, music, photo shop, browse the internet.

also would it be better to get a little bit smaller monitor with a better refresh rate or should i just worry about the response time. after this is over and i get my money back i dont know what monitor to buy. i will have $1,600 to spend on one since thats what i paid. in other words...whats the best monitor i can buy with $1,600

From what I understand, the Gateway XHD3000 uses the same panel as the 305T. Big plus #1: the Gateway's scalar can be turned off thus preventing input lag when gaming at 2560x1600. Big plus #2: the scalar chip upgrades all inputs (DVD, console,TV, etc.) to 2560x1600. I'm trying to find out if the Dell 3008's scalar does the same. Also, there's a successor to Samsung's 305T, the 305T+.

i recommend this monitor. nec multisync lcd3090wqxi 30" widescreen lcd monitor, $2199.99.

"...achieve unrialed color performance with a wide color gamut, a 12-bit lookup table, and x-light pro and colocomp technologies."

that's what i would buy to myself, if i had the money.

the nec is a little more than what i want to spend..especially given im getting my money back and i would had to add more to it. (these gas prices are killn..lol) also i though i read it wasnt good for gaming..

i seen the gateway monitor but i wonder...can you remove the speaker. i dont like how that looks and i have a logitech 2.1 setup already.

thanks for the tip about the samsung 305t+ but i cant find that anywhere. you sure you typed the model name right ?

Originally Posted by TTT
View PostDell 3008WFP Rev02 is better...i am using now and all perfect
Can you tell me where was yours 3008wfp manafuctared ,was it in China or Czech Republic.
I am asking because I don't know if I can get revision A02 in Europe ??

You're gaming 18 hours a day. Why are you worried about gas price? :p

Dell 3007WFP-HC. I've got the regular non-HC version and its' still a kickass monitor. However the HC is better for the improved color gamut. I've yet to really see any other 30" monitors worth a damn. The Apple Studio Display 30" is nice, but uses the same panel as the Dell and costs quite a bit more. So its' a loser in my book.

I have the Apple Cinema 30", use it to game on a daily bases, no input lag pretty quick you dont notice any ghosting at all. Just like the poster above me says, the Apple 30" is expensive and uses the same panel as the DELL 3007WFP.

the nec is a little more than what i want to spend..especially given im getting my money back and i would had to add more to it. (these gas prices are killn..lol) also i though i read it wasnt good for gaming..

i seen the gateway monitor but i wonder...can you remove the speaker. i dont like how that looks and i have a logitech 2.1 setup already.

thanks for the tip about the samsung 305t+ but i cant find that anywhere. you sure you typed the model name right ?
The Gateway's speaker is removable. Yes, the 305T+ is Samsung's successor to the 305T which was discontinued several months ago. Check Samsung's website for specs on the T+

The Gateway's speaker is removable. Yes, the 305T+ is Samsung's successor to the 305T which was discontinued several months ago. Check Samsung's website for specs on the T+

Can't seem to find the specs on samsung's official website?? even did a search?

Dell 3007WFP-HC. I've got the regular non-HC version and its' still a kickass monitor. However the HC is better for the improved color gamut. I've yet to really see any other 30" monitors worth a damn. The Apple Studio Display 30" is nice, but uses the same panel as the Dell and costs quite a bit more. So its' a loser in my book.

The 3007WFP-HC only has one DVI-D port for input right? I thought dual-link DVI was required to support 2560x1600 resolution, I was under the impression 'dual-link DVI' meant plugging two separate DVI cables into the monitor, each cable carrying half the screen. Is that not the case (I mean, obviously not, since the 3007 only has 1 port).

The 3007WFP-HC only has one DVI-D port for input right? I thought dual-link DVI was required to support 2560x1600 resolution, I was under the impression 'dual-link DVI' meant plugging two separate DVI cables into the monitor, each cable carrying half the screen. Is that not the case (I mean, obviously not, since the 3007 only has 1 port).

yup dual link DVI-D has all the cables as shown here:

http://www.datapro.net/products/dvi-d-dual-link-digital-cable.html

where as the single link looks like it has missing pins as shown here:

http://www.datapro.net/products/dvi-d-single-link-digital-cable.html

i seen the link you post about the 305t+. i couldnt not find it anywhere. right now im going threw a bit of phone calling trying to find out about the refund. im afraid right now they will just try and repair it. i hope they dont as it i know it will take awhile and i not to crazy about getting a repaired monitor. i will always wonder it it going to go back out.

also i paid a lot of money for that monitor and would rather not have a refurbished one.

anyone have anything to say about the 30" HP LCD?

i seen the link you post about the 305t+. i couldnt not find it anywhere. right now im going threw a bit of phone calling trying to find out about the refund. im afraid right now they will just try and repair it. i hope they dont as it i know it will take awhile and i not to crazy about getting a repaired monitor. i will always wonder it it going to go back out.

also i paid a lot of money for that monitor and would rather not have a refurbished one.
You missed my 2nd post. The 305T+ is still in Europe. It'll be here, eventually.

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consume...=LS30HUXCB/XSH

oh sorry i meant i couldnt find it anywhere until you posted a link to it. do you know the differences in the new model ? suppost to call samsung tomorrow. still not sure yet what will happen. im hoping ill just get a refund or the same monitor new from another source. i really hope the dont just "fix" it. i will be worried it will break again all the time then.

side note: the 305t is an awesome monitor though. when it worked it looked amazing. if i get another one or one like it im going to mount it on the wall. should be pretty awesome. i know it was playing games at 2560 x 1600 res and the graphics all the way up. :D

oh sorry i meant i couldnt find it anywhere until you posted a link to it. do you know the differences in the new model ? suppost to call samsung tomorrow. still not sure yet what will happen. im hoping ill just get a refund or the same monitor new from another source. i really hope the dont just "fix" it. i will be worried it will break again all the time then.
I hoped the T+ would add more inputs, but it doesn't seem to be much, if any, different from the T. :(

Had I dropped $1600 on an LCD that failed, I'd want a brand new one, too... or a full refund!

I hoped the T+ would add more inputs, but it doesn't seem to be much, if any, different from the T. :(

Had I dropped $1600 on an LCD that failed, I'd want a brand new one, too... or a full refund!

exactly... not that no one does but at least someone posted they feel the same. thats a lot of dough for a LCD and i payed it for a reason.

i started looking up the 305t+ right after i posted that and i cant find any differences really. maybe it will be cheaper. so far just that it has a lower color granit.

still as i stated if you havent seen the 305t+ running a game you need to. its awesome !!

at least the good thing without the added inputs is that it should retain the 305t's excellent low input lag performance.

Back