best 30in monitor?

i guess my point was how many graphics programers and etc. are on here. there are tons with more than one monitor on in the LCD show off topic. just suprised really. i see the use for that if your a designer or etc. im just a 26 year old married man with a few hobbies; gaming, computers,electronics, and music (i play guitar als if you didnt see my guitar in pics :D)

I think you are probubly right to some degree, but I have seen several pics in the show your LCD thread where one or more people are using Visual Studio and other engineering tools as described above.

I am a software engineer myself; that is how I know what I am looking at. I am pretty sure there others here as well. A display is very important when you have to look at it all day.

I think you are saying it is over-kill in many cases and I agree.

Dave

what would be the feature though. all i do is browse the web, photoshop a bit, burn dvds and cds. a little heavy gaming and thats it....

thats probably what im going to do. i just want something i can play the next battlefield on and have it look amazing....im sure you know what i mean by that.

You can read a manaufacturer's spec sheet but some examples are:
  • Built in scalar for use of a corporate laptop with only VGA (e.g. Gateway and Dell 3008)
  • Multiple DVI-D ports with built in switch to share multiple computers with DVI-D Dual link (e.g.HP-3065)
  • Other input ports than DVI-D (e.g.Dell 3008)
  • Speaker Bar/Remote Control (e.g.Gateway)
  • Professional Color Management Centric (e.g.EIZO, NEC, etc.)
etc.

All of these feature cost $. The point is if you aren't going to use a feature there really isn't any reason for you to spend money on those features.

Z

so very true. thanks for the info so far everyone you are helping me greatly on making my decision. stilll waiting to return it and get the refund. right now from what ive looked at i think i may just get a 24-25 inch samsung and be done. i would save some money and get a little faster monitor that is still pretty big.

not sure..but thanks for the info anyways everyone. still looking at the 30 dell though so i think im between the two. also so the original topic here, didnt mean to take over your thread...lol

Back