Beat Saber

God Damn is better than the dev songs imo.

I know what you mean though. A decent amount of badly setup songs to wade through.

Can't say that song is to my normal tastes but it does seem like the person that created that stuck with the main beats (time signature) and established movements.

No unnecessary triple blocks, quick succession blocks, 'every-note' blocks, or unnecessaryily impossible triple-stuck-together-two-armed diagonal swing blocks. I wish most songs I liked on the custom board followed those rules.

Imagine if that God Damn song creator had a block for every single double kick note or guitar string pluck.....that basically how most custom songs are.

Last edited:
Can't say that song is to my normal tastes but it does seem like the person that created that stuck with the main beats (time signature) and established movements.

No unnecessary triple blocks, quick succession blocks, 'every-note' blocks, or unnecessaryily impossible triple-stuck-together-two-armed diagonal swing blocks. I wish most songs I liked on the custom board followed those rules.

Imagine if that God Damn song creator had a block for every single double kick note or guitar string pluck.....that basically how most custom songs are.

Yeah that looked like expert too. I play it on hard and it’s a ton of fun. I don’t care for expert because it requires a lot of memorization and I ain’t got time for that.

I could use some more good songs if anyone finds any.

I might just look around youtube beat saber videos... easier than downloading and loading into it to be disappointed.

My top songs

Shake it off - Taylor swift
Thunder - imagine dragons
Beat it - Michael Jackson
What does the fox say
Gangnam style

They all seem pretty well synced to me and I have lots of fun in them lol.

Yeah that looked like expert too. I play it on hard and it’s a ton of fun. I don’t care for expert because it requires a lot of memorization and I ain’t got time for that.

I could use some more good songs if anyone finds any.

I might just look around youtube beat saber videos... easier than downloading and loading into it to be disappointed.
Yeah, I do not play with the arrows on. That would be a bit much and really it should be random instead of people memorizing them.

For me the go to songs are:
Can't Stop The Feeling - Justin Timberlake
Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
Gangnam Style - Psy
Believer - Imagine Dragons
Royals - Lorde
Tank (Ben Briggs remix) - Yoko Kano
American Idiot - Green Day
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - Proclaimers (the older version that has 3 difficulty levels not the new one with only one that I think isn't good)
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Zombie - (cover by BadWolves)
Running in the 90s - Max Coveri

Those are the ones I find fun to play. Most with the exception of maybe 2 (Running in the 90s and Tank) aren't overwhelming IMHO and while the 2 songs feel overwhelming at first, they don't really require memorization as you can clearly see what is coming next, though there are a lot of boxes coming at you very fast. There are some other songs out there that I tried that are just nuts (like One More Time by Brittany Spears) or just terrible IMO and feel like only hitting boxes not even timed to the song (like I think it was "Don't Stop Me Now" - Queen). I don't mind if a song uses off beats/additional beats in the game, but when it doesn't seem to go with the rhythm of the song I just delete it. Same thing applies to songs that just try their best to consistently hide the upcoming boxes behind walls and boxes so you couldn't hit it without memorizing that it was there.

Back