Bayonetta

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Last edited:
I'd definitely love to see Bayonetta brought over to the PC. It would be a day one buy for me. Though I'd really love to have the second one also since I didn't get to play it but since Nintendo funded Bayonetta 2 I doubt that will ever come.

pvc_bayonetta_5.jpg

Thanks for this, had no idea such an announcement was forthcoming.

Between this, Darksiders2, and Dragon Age Inquisition (due to its crappy kb&m controls), my game pad is getting a workout on PC.

Thanks for this, had no idea such an announcement was forthcoming.

Between this, Darksiders2, and Dragon Age Inquisition (due to its crappy kb&m controls), my game pad is getting a workout on PC.

Don't forget to grab the 8-bit game on Steam as it will disappear into the nether forever when the announcement occurs!

4K 60 fps

People must be demanding these game make a comeback I played this game think I sold it.
Along with Bullestorm ect....

You know a game that was fun the same time this game came out was Dante's Inferno I just seen they have a Anime of Dante's Inferno same art style as the game.

You know a game that was fun the same time this game came out was Dante's Inferno I just seen they have a Anime of Dante's Inferno same art style as the game.

I always thought Dante's Inferno was closer to God of War than it was to Bayonetta, although they all share common mechanisms. Still, I had a hard time keeping that EA publicity stunt of fake Christian protests out of mind.

I was hoping for Bayonetta 2 since that was a Nintendo WiiU exclusive...which no one has

It's an excellent port. Though the cut scenes are showing their age IMHO. It's lightning fast in comparison to the PS3 version I own and the loading screen practice area is now no longer necessary as it is instantaneous in comparison to the old PS3 version. I practiced a good amount of combos during the load times on the PS3 version, now that practice load screen comes up and it's already done loading before you even get to press a button once. Plays fine in 2560x1600 well worth the money IMHO. Now if they could only get Bayonetta 2 released on the PC I'd be really happy. ;)

Bought this day one for the xbox 360 eight years ago, still feels like it was yesterday, man how time flies.

This release makes me think about the "pc ports are required for game preservation" argument, where some argue for all games to be released on PC, even on a timed delay, simply for the fact that they will be playable 10, 20, 100 years from now.

Bought this day one for the xbox 360 eight years ago, still feels like it was yesterday, man how time flies.

This release makes me think about the "pc ports are required for game preservation" argument, where some argue for all games to be released on PC, even on a timed delay, simply for the fact that they will be playable 10, 20, 100 years from now.

I would argue that PC ports are not strictly necessary for game preservation, but more PC themselves are.

Emulators should take care of most of the console games preservation, with the only major exception being the Xbox line, everything barring the latest gen have been emulatable.

PC ports are, however, required to make the game to run at its utmost potential, not withstanding crappy coding. EG FFX remaster PC port can be modded to have sharp textures that makes the remaster look even better, and the mod itself have plenty of QoL improvements that emulation could not incorporate, though some games are truly unfixable (FF13 for example).

On the topic of the game itself, I was actually trying to find out the title of this game a few days ago because I remember PlayStation Now channel showed this game having an end boss that shared the same voice actor as Gabriel Tosh in SC2 (I believe it was 2? The boss in question is the hardest boss in the game).

I might actually try this game out, even if I will completely SUCK at it. Pity I noticed this thread too late for the 8bit version :(.

Does the port have significant issues?

Dam my impulse control, I could have saved 20% if I bought it from humble rather than direct on steam. Uggh... lol.

I only played it to the second mission and had no issues. It's fast, action packed and as over the top as I remember though for some reason I think it was harder on the PS3 or maybe that was just because I might have gotten use to difficult games. But there is no initial starting difficultly level higher than normal. IIRC you can set it higher after you beat the game on the PS3 version. I'll probably have to eat those words regarding the difficulty later, but I do remember thinking I had a lot more trouble with the part I played last night on the PS3, then again that was a long time ago so I probably am remembering wrong. :)

I'm thinking about getting this but is the frame rate capped at 60 or can it go higher?
I was going to say. 60 FPS should be the minimum target, not the top of the range. It's why I hate it being used as a marketing bullet point. Also, show me any 3D game released in the last 20 years that will not work at 4K resolution or beyond on the PC...

I was going to say. 60 FPS should be the minimum target, not the top of the range. It's why I hate it being used as a marketing bullet point. Also, show me any 3D game released in the last 20 years that will not work at 4K resolution or beyond on the PC...

Given the age of the game it's entirely possible that animations are tied to frame rate making above 60fps not a great option without a lot of work, but we'll see once modders start playing around with the game.

Given the age of the game it's entirely possible that animations are tied to frame rate making above 60fps not a great option without a lot of work, but we'll see once modders start playing around with the game.

This is what I was thinking as well. 60fps should still be fine for this game since you won't be doing any fast turning like in a FPS but it would be nice if all PC games supported higher refresh rates. Luckily Bayonetta can go above 1080p unlike the PC version of Metal Gear Rising.

Picked this up last night. I had no idea they were doing this, and hadn't seen the 4/1 joke or any of that. Even though I have this (and the second) on the Wii U, I was quite happy to grab this again on the PC. (and will grab the second as well if it gets released on PC) Very cool!

I'd love to see more of this.

Only partially related: I know JSR is on Steam, but would love to see JSR Future, and some other post-Dreamcast Sega stuff show up in Steam too.

Nice. I've owned this for a few years on the Wii u, Bayonetta 2 also. I've gotten about halfway thru the 1st before shelving the system during a move, never finished them. Pretty bad jaggies and performance on the Wii U so that didn't help me coming back to it no matter how interesting it was. Maybe with good enough sales they'll toss the 2nd up too and not wait so long on future games.

Nice. I've owned this for a few years on the Wii u, Bayonetta 2 also. I've gotten about halfway thru the 1st before shelving the system during a move, never finished them. Pretty bad jaggies and performance on the Wii U so that didn't help me coming back to it no matter how interesting it was. Maybe with good enough sales they'll toss the 2nd up too and not wait so long on future games.

Don't count on 2 ever appearing anywhere except Nintendo system. Nintendo funded development of 2 and Platinum has said that Nintendo is the only reason the game ever got made. That means Nintendo did a pretty significant amount of funding for the game. Nintendo probably owns any and all publishing and distribution rights for the game. Also, don't count on "future games". Bayo 1 and 2 both sold pretty poorly, this is likely more in response to the attention Bayonetta got due to her being in Smash combined with Sega's growing interest in the PC.

However, if this sells well we will probably see the other Sega published Platinum games on the PC like Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns. Platinum has stated if it were up to them they would port everything to the PC, but it's all up to the publishers.

I have to be honest - I think it looks really cool. Old games can still look fantastic with a spit polish and running at 4K/60. Hell, just try out some Wii games in Dolphin with the settings cranked.
This is a step beyond even if the game is pretty old. I'll probably grab this at some point during the Summer doldrums.

That's weird. I never saw any performance issues with the Wii U versions.

There were a few areas I remember seeing dips during combat. Much better playing on this though, glad I only got maybe 25% of the way thru on Wii U now lol. I'll have to see if 2 will run on Cemu better or equalish and less jaggies.

Bayonetta 2 is still buggy as hell on CEMU. It'll get there..but you ain't playing it like Bayonetta on PC.

Back