Battlefield: Hardline

A little bummed that the cars in hotwire can take so much more damage than the betas but had a great time last night. Superb MP experience.

As of right now, no. People think they will do like they did with BF3 and release them later.

So some weapons are held back for those with the Digital Deluxe version? Do you get all of them with Premium?

Do you still have to get a certain number of kills and buy each attachment for your weapons like in the beta?

lol, you get Hardline's version of the ACE-23 (CAR-556) and ACR (ACWR) right off the bat for both factions if you buy the DD and up, somehow that is a bit p2w. I was reading nothing but how the Carbines are OP in the chat last night, which didn't matter to me since I was playing Hardline and playing mechanic. I had a troll on our team drive a car full of people out of bounds towards enemy faction next to oil tanker and where an enemy player was waiting with explosives hooked to it. There are downsides to the game, but over all I'm still having fun.

Game is pretty popular on consoles atm. It does look fun, guessing most decided to skip this.

57Uf96c.png

Game is pretty popular on consoles atm. It does look fun, guessing most decided to skip this.

57Uf96c.png

Despite poor reviews, the game is fairly fun, albeit empty. I will admit though, it definitely feels more like an expansion pack than a new game.

X-BOX one Master Race seems that way =)

Unless everyone on X-One is just desperate =)

Despite poor reviews, the game is fairly fun, albeit empty.

Citation needed. Because "poor reviews" implies that they're generally, or mostly poor, yet a quick google search says otherwise - seems to be getting mostly 7's with a few 8's. And where I come from, a 7 out of 10 is "above average", meaning they delivered a decent game, the opposite of what the lynch mob was hoping.

Last edited:
fun game so far - I've been arresting and knocking suspects out in single player versus all guns blazing, definitely never thought I'd play stealthy but I'll replay again with all guns blazing.

I been getting my ass handed to me in multiplayer, enforcer with a shotgun is kind of rough in open areas.

Ouch.

Getting panned by PC gaming's most influential critic is not good for business on the Master Race side.

Console sales seem to be good though.

Citation needed. Because "poor reviews" implies that they're generally, or mostly poor, yet a quick google search says otherwise - seems to be getting mostly 7's with a few 8's. And where I come from, a 7 out of 10 is "above average", meaning they delivered a decent game, the opposite of what the lynch mob was hoping.

Poor reviews for a Battlefield game is what they are saying I believe. BTW, is the base game 60GB or is the 60GB figure including future DLC?

Ouch.

Getting panned by PC gaming's most influential critic is not good for business on the Master Race side.

Of course console sales are good, this is exactly the type of game that appeals to the 12-18yr old console crowd. Generic, stale, casual console shooter.

Multiplayer is a complete cluster fuck, I'll say that much.

Hotwire is awesome but the ticket bleed is absolutely fucking insane. The default setting should be 1000 tickets for 32 man on up. Heist can be a lot of fun but the maps just feel like they are a bit too small and lead to base camping. I'm going to try some more Blood Money tonight, that seemed really fun.

This game really drives the point home with my dislike of "hardcore" modes in fps games as it has leeched into softcore: the TTK is too goddamn low. Still fun, but not what it should be, imo.

Multiplayer is a complete cluster fuck, I'll say that much.

Hotwire is awesome but the ticket bleed is absolutely fucking insane. The default setting should be 1000 tickets for 32 man on up. Heist can be a lot of fun but the maps just feel like they are a bit too small and lead to base camping. I'm going to try some more Blood Money tonight, that seemed really fun.

This game really drives the point home with my dislike of "hardcore" modes in fps games as it has leeched into softcore: the TTK is too goddamn low. Still fun, but not what it should be, imo.

The issue I have with hotwire is that the game suffers from what most team fps's suffer from: terrible team balance. I've been in two sessions of hotwire so far. In one session, I lost 10 games in a row. The other session I won 11 games in a row. The winning session, for each game, barely anyone on my team had a positive kdr, or even more than 5 kills, but it seems like the other team didn't realize it wasn't tdm and objectives mattered.

Well, how can you possibly resolve bad teammates not playing the objective from a developer standpoint? The game mode, regardless of what it is, isn't at fault for people being shitbags. Personally, I've played nearly nothing but Hotwire (not one round of conquest, rescue, tdm, or crosshair--whatever that is) and don't find winning to be especially difficult if I get behind the wheel.

I'm pretty certain that a solid percentage of the people playing Hardline are either entirely new to fps or decided to try another franchise. Because they're stupid.

Of course console sales are good, this is exactly the type of game that appeals to the 12-18yr old console crowd. Generic, stale, casual console shooter.

Not only that but pc players wait for sales AND have been burned before . BF3 AND BF4 pc releases were horrible. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

I bought it yesterday for $60 and had fun playing. May play a little more and decide if I'll do the refund and then just wait till it's on sale.

Ok so I just downloaded the latest NVidia updates from the panel in the taskbar for BF Hardline and it completely fucked my game up. Well, I shouldn't say that because it plays just as excellent as it did before I just installed these latest drivers BUT NOW im getting this direct x error and its randomly crashing my game to desktop after map change and what not.

Anyone getting this?

I haven't had any CTDs (the usual BF has stopped working when I leave game) but I know a few people who are. Doesn't seem to be all that isolated, so perhaps the fix is already in the works.

I played 3 hours straight yesterday with no issues. played fine for me.

Ouch.

I saw a score of 6 from one of my trusted sources as well...it's not just about the final score 'number', it's about the review itself...plus no game gets scores below 6 or 5 these days...it just doesn't happen...even for the absolute worst games ever made...so to get below a 7 or 6 implies something greater then what the actual number itself suggests

The issue I have with hotwire is that the game suffers from what most team fps's suffer from: terrible team balance. I've been in two sessions of hotwire so far. In one session, I lost 10 games in a row. The other session I won 11 games in a row. The winning session, for each game, barely anyone on my team had a positive kdr, or even more than 5 kills, but it seems like the other team didn't realize it wasn't tdm and objectives mattered.

This is why I think Hotwire needs to be more like Rush. You have the criminals trying to keep the marked cars away from the cops. The cops job is to stop them. You could even tweak it so it is like obliteration and the marked cars only show up every so often or instead of useless guns on the helicopter they could have searchlights that spot the marked cars for the team. Then at the end of the round you flip sides.

My limited experience in release before my refund was 400 to 0 scores on both sides. I never saw a close hotwire match.

if sales are bad enough. I can see this being the last pc release. Sigh. They fucked it up again. Did not buy even at $38. Sad.

Played about 4 hours myself on the Hotwire maps, I had a blast with my buddies. Doing some crazy stuff like we used to back in the 1942 days. I definitely love that Fan Boat on the everglades map.

Played about 4 hours myself on the Hotwire maps, I had a blast with my buddies. Doing some crazy stuff like we used to back in the 1942 days. I definitely love that Fan Boat on the everglades map.

don't think i've played that map yet but when i do i'll keep an eye out for the fan boat. sounds fun :D

If it was $30, I think I would bite on getting it. Looks semi fun but not $60 fun.

If it was $30, I think I would bite on getting it. Looks semi fun but not $60 fun.

look out...there's 1 apologist on here who'll blast you for daring to say that you want to pay anything else then full price for a game

The game was already discounted to $30 at MC, pretty sure that you'll find deals at that price fairly soon.

There was a PC Hardline preorder for $30 at Microcenter but there are no Microcenters near me. So waiting for the next deal for $30 or less. Not paying $60 since they make you buy premium to get all the content.

GMG supposedly has Premium for $30 for those who picked it up and plan on sticking with it.

I played the beta. This game is NOT worth $60. Seems like a DLC instead of an actual new game. I'm a hard PASS.

The Fry's and BestBuy near me price matches MicroCenter which is about 2 hours away from me.

Back