Battlefield Hardline, Goodbye BF

I agree, it looks cheesy. Too bad they are dragging the Battlefield name through the mud on this payday like cheesy bs.

wow ... no Battlefield this year? I had my $$$$ ready to go for a premium buy already.

looks good I'm sure the single player will be Michael Bay didn't say anything about being Battlefield 5.
I think they are just trying to add complexity to the game engine to give it some substance.

Without looking at this as a real Battlefield game, I will say single player looks like it could be entertaining. The graphics are also pretty damn nice (which is to be expected).

Not a preorder by any means. But remember, this is the game replacing the failed Medal of Honor reboot. They wanted the main BF series to be every other year, so this is the in between.

Last edited:
I like it.

It gets away from the Battlefield theme, while keeping the Battlefield weapons, style and graphical features.

I won't pay $60 for it. But I'd be willing to give it a shot. I mean, I paid for BF4, played for 2 days and never played again.

So, they may need to do something to breathe new life into things.

It would be alright as a muyltiplayer-only $15-$30 downloadable title, but looks like it will be a $60 game with an $80 Collector's Gamestop Edition and then a bunch of microtransactions and Day One DLC.

Is DICE doing MP and Visceral doing the SP? That's a pretty damn good pairing.

lol Omaha, not LA, Detroit, NY nope, Omaha that's just what comes to mind when I think of a city ridden with crime in need of an all out war on crime 32vs32. Can't wait to see the wonder full sky boxes with corn fields. That big single player mission at Omaha steaks, load up on food at the all your can eat spaghetti, and head over to the Henry Doorly Zoo for pictures and saving people from kidnappers.

This is what happens when you completely run out of ideas I guess. BattleField: Counter Duty, this crap is worse than the canned hair bands of the 80s. People will seriously buy anything.

They couldn't do Medal of Honor right, and this actually looks worse lol.

Technically, I believe Danger Close did SP for MoH. The main issue of that game was it was a rushed buggy mess for SP becauss they tried to clone CoD's single player. I wish they would have done something new (a BiA more open style with solid squad AI would have been a good change).

lol Omaha, not LA, Detroit, NY nope, Omaha that's just what comes to mind when I think of a city ridden with crime in need of an all out war on crime 32vs32. Can't wait to see the wonder full sky boxes with corn fields. That big single player mission at Omaha steaks, load up on food at the all your can eat spaghetti, and head over to the Henry Doorly Zoo for pictures and saving people from kidnappers.

This is what happens when you completely run out of ideas I guess. BattleField: Counter Duty, this crap is worse than the canned hair bands of the 80s. People will seriously buy anything.

Omaha is the codename, I would assume since the title is called Hardline. To my knowledge, it has nothing to do with the game. In fact, it looks like the game will be based in Los Angeles for at least a few levels.

They couldn't do Medal of Honor right, and this actually looks worse lol.

Visceral has never been a part of a MOH game
Danger close has worked on the last 2 installments. MOH (2010) was very good but MOH:Warfighter was a joke

Isn't this video a 6 month old, non polished build?

I sure hope so -- because it looked plain as shit.

Frostbite engine and churn out some sexy as hell graphics... this looked flat as hell. Character models look like they are from a game 5 years ago.

Every cops vs robbers game I've ever played usually sucked. Team effort? There's already so little of that in the current battlefield games. Why not take out some more?

EA is going to try and cram this down everyone's throats, as soon as they fix the netcode issue in BF4, they will reintroduce something ELSE big in this iteration and not actually fix it for 1 year.

Seriously BF4 has only been out for 8 months and we are already getting this shit? I guess the masses aren't happy unless they are spending 60 dollars every year, with another 60 dollars worth of DLC sprinkled on top.

It's their new cash cow. Expect yearly battlefields to become the norm :(.

While I don't really like the theme and like it at the same time, I think the videoleak I've seen make this game look very good. I don't think it's the end of bf.

I Think this could be pretty decent, I kind of like the change of pace a bit for the series, i'm sure that work has begun on the next "proper" battlefield game, games like this I guess will fill in between years.

I just want the next BF to be futuristic... that's all.

I like these comments.

If Dice makes a new battlefield every year people are all " STOP MAKING A NEW ONE EVERY YEAR! We want some changes! TAke more time!"

Then if they do that it's all " I WANTED A NEW BATTLEFIELD THIS YEAR!!!1"

This game isn't going to stop a new "main" Battlefield game, dice is going to make one.

This is offering somethign new/different while keeping the BF style with the vhiecles nad larger maps, etc while doing something different.

You want a new BAttlefield? Then wait for Battlefield 5.

I agree, it looks cheesy. Too bad they are dragging the Battlefield name through the mud on this payday like cheesy bs.

wow ... no Battlefield this year? I had my $$$$ ready to go for a premium buy already.

They already took a big shit on the name with BF3. Anyone who bought 4 and is regretting it only has themselves to blame, since the foundations were laid with 3 quite clearly and unashamedly. And this? This isn't a nail in the coffin. This is just another shovelful of horseshit on the compost heap.

I agree. DICE never did fix the bugs in BF3.. like the knife getting stuck unholstered and the W issue. They can suck a bag of dicks.

They already took a big shit on the name with BF3. Anyone who bought 4 and is regretting it only has themselves to blame, since the foundations were laid with 3 quite clearly and unashamedly. And this? This isn't a nail in the coffin. This is just another shovelful of horseshit on the compost heap.

This.

This actually looks awesome. I don't know what you guys are complaining about.

Found this on the Battlelog web browser server loadout window

By now, many of you have probably heard about the next title in the Battlefield series, Battlefield Hardline. The Visceral Studio team has done an amazing job of bringing in a completely new concept while staying true to the Battlefield core gameplay pillars. I’ve been working with Visceral GM Steve Papoutsis and his team for several years on the cops vs. criminals concept and we think you guys are going to love it! We’ve always dared to try new settings and experiences with Battlefield and seeing this new one take shape is a long lasting dream come true.

That said, I want to be sure you all understand that introducing Hardline in no way means we’re done working on Battlefield 4. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Visceral team is leading the development of Hardline, while the DICE team continues to drive BF4. We are committed to giving you the best BF4 experience possible.

Let me tell you about a few ways we’re going to continue to improve the BF4 experience.

Continued Support: There are dedicated BF4 teams in Stockholm, Uppsala and LA that will continue to address any issues that might occur. But more importantly will also look to make significant additions to the game.

Netcode Patch: We are also working on a major update to the Battlefield 4 netcode.

Community Test Environment: We launched and are planning to expand our Community Test Environment. You can see the CTE as our labs environment in which we’ll continue testing out new additions, improvements etc. before we go live with them. We’re expanding the CTE program to give more and more players the chance to test new additions.

More Features: Other features rolled out recently such as Squad Join, Rent-A-Server and Loadout Presets, many which have been directly requested by you in the community. This trend will continue.

The games we develop are services. We focus on taking care of the games post launch, delivering new content to those of you who want it and always working hard to increase quality of play. We also continue to work hard to keep investing in areas where you tell us you see opportunities for improvements and new features. Yes, we’re very excited to partner with Visceral on the development of Battlefield Hardline, but ongoing work to refine and enhance BF4 remains a top priority.

Best regards,
Karl Magnus Troedsson, DICE VP & Group GM

Back