Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Its not like the 5 weapons in the addon are any better than the default ones.

That new map, something Peaks, is rather demanding. The outside of the cave brings me down to 36 frame rates even if I am the only one in sight. :(

The only one that was OP from the China Rising was the L-85 Assault rifle. Before the ex-pack, it hadn't got its final specs yet. 800rpm, very little recoil up/down or side to side, 34 damage per round. It had the power of the SCAR, accuracy and magazine size of the M416, and fire rate of the ACW-R. The China rising DLC fixed it to the correct specs: slightly slower rate of fire, less damage per bullet, and it now has a really nasty side to side recoil that shows up if you do more than burst fire. And by nasty, I mean bullets flying a shot pattern like a LMG full auto or a shotgun from 20 feet away. As long as you burst fire, its still pretty awesome. Probably just behind the M416 as far as useability.

The MTAR-21 is still OP in close quarters, but is absolute shit at anything medium range or longer.

Operation locker and shotguns are lol.

I have 120% accuracy for one of the shotguns cause apparently I kept smacking multiple people per shot.

143meee.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG4Vw17uvtk

Honestly I dont think anyone is doing well with BF4 right now. My brand new CF 290s gets crapped on by BF4. After fixing the throttling the GPU usage in BF4 is all over the place and I get massive stuttering until I die and then its ok and it will pop up randomly again.

While my single 290x is driving 5760 x 1080 on high+ settings with very smooth and very playable frame rates.

I do plan on adding another, though. Can't wait to see what Mantle will bring to the picture.

I'm not convinced you keep your points when crashing. I leveled up in the map, crashed. Played again, and hit the same level again. I am too stubborn to quit, but it's getting annoying.

The only one that was OP from the China Rising was the L-85 Assault rifle. Before the ex-pack, it hadn't got its final specs yet. 800rpm, very little recoil up/down or side to side, 34 damage per round. It had the power of the SCAR, accuracy and magazine size of the M416, and fire rate of the ACW-R. The China rising DLC fixed it to the correct specs: slightly slower rate of fire, less damage per bullet, and it now has a really nasty side to side recoil that shows up if you do more than burst fire. And by nasty, I mean bullets flying a shot pattern like a LMG full auto or a shotgun from 20 feet away. As long as you burst fire, its still pretty awesome. Probably just behind the M416 as far as useability.

The MTAR-21 is still OP in close quarters, but is absolute shit at anything medium range or longer.

its a kids game age 10.
nothing is Op there as you have autoaim thanks to dice.

I'm not convinced you keep your points when crashing. I leveled up in the map, crashed. Played again, and hit the same level again. I am too stubborn to quit, but it's getting annoying.

You keep the points if the server doesn't crash and reports properly at the end of its round.

If I crash during a round and rejoin, do I get my points from both 1st and 2nd sessions?

No (unless it's been changed recently). If you rejoin, you'll overwrite whatever happened before. This will often result in playing a "whole round" but only getting a small fraction of the total points. If you want to keep the points prior to the crash just hop in another server until the round you dropped from ends and submits the battle report.

After like 40 hours into MP, I decided to play some SP.

So far it's pretty fucking weak. It's pretty, and the set pieces are awesome... but it's really just not very fun. Your buddies suffer from an enormous lack of being able to do ANYTHING AT ALL on their own. My average body count must literally be like 30x theirs or higher. I have 38 kills in one section and never saw anyone other than me kill a single person. They need me to press elevator buttons, they need me to wipe their ass, etc etc.

Why is this guy sitting on a grenade launcher while the helicopter is riding our nuts, and waits till I'm literally blown out the door and hanging by my fingertips to hand it off to me so I can finally return fire? Next mission -- aw man we gotta do this sneaky there's helicopters and covert dudes watching the front... as I literally sprint straight to the side door of the building without ever taking cover because somehow they can't see 3 dipshits running in plain sight towards the building.

Next thing I know I'm massacring close to 40 people and at one point cringing as my squad mate stuggles on the stairs to kill a single person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8EAQeTVaNM

ha yeah your squad mates are useless in single player. i finished the campaign and then replayed the last mission 2 more times to unlock the rest of the multiplayer weapons. I'll never launch the single player again.

So far it's pretty fucking weak. It's pretty, and the set pieces are awesome... but it's really just not very fun. Your buddies suffer from an enormous lack of being able to do ANYTHING AT ALL on their own. My average body count must literally be like 30x theirs or higher. I have 38 kills in one section and never saw anyone other than me kill a single person. They need me to press elevator buttons, they need me to wipe their ass, etc etc.

Why is this guy sitting on a grenade launcher while the helicopter is riding our nuts, and waits till I'm literally blown out the door and hanging by my fingertips to hand it off to me so I can finally return fire? Next mission -- aw man we gotta do this sneaky there's helicopters and covert dudes watching the front... as I literally sprint straight to the side door of the building without ever taking cover because somehow they can't see 3 dipshits running in plain sight towards the building.

Next thing I know I'm massacring close to 40 people and at one point cringing as my squad mate stuggles on the stairs to kill a single person.

Yeah, SP is a typical COD clone. I really wish they would have done something different (think brothers in Arms) for once.

They're so fucking useless it cracks me up, nobody thought this was weird during playtesting?

IRISH: Take cover!

And all 3 of them literally spend the entire encounter hiding while I act like I'm the fucking terminator and mercilessly obliterate the entire room. I'm not even sure if they even tried to fire at the enemies. They were 50 fucking meters away by the time I finished my death march and STILL hiding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmCRRG9F9Pw

Yay! So now when I select video options BF4 crashes entirely so I can't even change my options in a traditional manner anymore. Great patch DICE.

Broken game is further broken.

Yay! So now when I select video options BF4 crashes entirely so I can't even change my options in a traditional manner anymore. Great patch DICE.

I had this but I don't remember how I fixed it. I think I just changed it in the singleplayer main menu and it magically fixed itself after or something.

I don't think I've crashed during gameplay since the last patch

Haha lol. I haven't tried SP but this gives me a lot of hope for it. :rolleyes:
Also, why no more double xp? I think the whole game scoring should be like double xp events.

There's a SP campaign? Would've never known.
The only reason I played it was to unlock the weapons. I really like the M249. It definitely wasn't all that good of a campaign at all. But, even though it was a shitty story, I had fun with it if only just for the comedic aspect.

"RECKER! You have the lead, follow me!"...
what? :p

Game still unstable in weird ways. The netcode or sync is worse than before. I have to reboot my pc in the am or else I cannot connect to any server. Also, I get the sound loop crash. I think I fixed that by setting to headphones and stereo in audio.

So yeah, work in progress but I should not have to spend 30-45 minutes a day getting the damn game to work.

Delete settings file in documents or something like that. I had to do the same thing during beta. You will lose all your key bindings and such but it will be fixed.

About given up on crappy Nvidia drivers after trying virtually all of them. With every version I have to decide between stable working desktop or working BF3 or somewhat working BF4 but not all two or three at once.

Have tried Windows 8 x86, 8 x64, 7x64, 8.1 x86 and 8.1 x64. Tempted to try 8 x64 but given the record I'll probably be wasting my time.

Anyone with AMD GPU have stable working desktop, working BF3 and BF4?

About given up on crappy Nvidia drivers after trying virtually all of them. With every version I have to decide between stable working desktop or working BF3 or somewhat working BF4 but not all two or three at once.

Have tried Windows 8 x86, 8 x64, 7x64, 8.1 x86 and 8.1 x64. Tempted to try 8 x64 but given the record I'll probably be wasting my time.

Me. Stable 7950 in all games on beta's, win 7x64. Fresh OS install.

What is your basis for blaming the Nvidia drivers? History leads me to believe that Nvidia has consistantly delivered more stable driver than AMD have. Although there is much improvement since AMD took over from ATI.

The only reason I played it was to unlock the weapons. I really like the M249. It definitely wasn't all that good of a campaign at all. But, even though it was a shitty story, I had fun with it if only just for the comedic aspect.

"RECKER! You have the lead, follow me!"...
what? :p

*spoiler* or the totally nonsensical part where they opt to use the grappling hooks over just driving their boat away... That was a huge, wtf moment for me.

I paid $20 for it and it is worth every penny. I havent had one crash after several hours of playing.

I like a lot of the level design in the single player campaigns but holy shit the whole campaign is just godawful. And that emotional music they play every 20 seconds is ridiculous. Wish they could just let you skill the bullshit and play

It is not Nvidia, it is BF4. BF3 and other games I have been playing as of late work fine. BF4 gives issues, but for the time being, the last patch seems stable for me.

Single player was kind of a joke, even on hard. But, I'm pretty sure you have to order your squad to attack the targets, otherwise they don't do shit. You have to hit Q to mark the target and then your squad mates will actually attack. It's kind of a waste of time though since you can easily just run and gun almost the entire SP.

Dec 9 PC Game Update Notes
Shot behind cover when changing stance
Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.

We have also increased the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance (the first person camera was too low when crouching and moving, resulting in that you had a poor representation of how much of your soldier that was actually out of cover.)

-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
-Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
-Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
-Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
-Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
-Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
-Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

HALLE-FUCKIN-LUJAH!! I've been punished so many times for nading my team when I watched it fly through a door. Especially on Lockers. Anyone notice the change in crouch camera height?

Edit: Played a bit this morning. Not a single nade bounced back. Camera height also seems better; the change is small.

Last edited:
I'm finding that even though these patches are fixing things that bothered me a ton, I'm still hating the game because of my disdain for the maps, fragmentation of premium/dlc, and general community attitude. Buyer's remorse has hit full effect for me.

nVidia drivers have nothing to do with this lol.

Win 7 X64, latest beta, playing all games including BF3 and BF4 without issues.

Back