Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

Played a couple hours this previous weekend. For me and my friends, I am labeling this game as fixed. None of us have been crashing since last week and have each put in some solid play time. Mix of windows 7 and 8.1 machines, all nvidia graphics cards, all sandy bridge or ivy bridge quad cores, some overclocked, some not.

My remaining annoyances with the game are balance and game mechanics based.

• All the UAVs are currently a bit too strong and camper-mode without much consequence.
  • Some of the china maps are significantly more graphics intensive. Would like to see that turned down a tad even though they are pretty.
  • AA vehicle. I realize that a lot of people disagreed with me last time about wanting AA vehicles removed from the game but something has to be done about this. I'm speaking as someone who rarely uses any vehicles.

Anyone have any attachment setups that they really like? Most things I'm using stubby grip and laser with nothing on the barrel, trying to get only stat improvements and no downsides but I'm starting to wonder if I have ruled out some good combinations.

If you find yourself a squad leaders PLEASE ISSUE ORDERS. You can be purely selfish about it and just assign orders that won't help your team but please realize that both you and your team members get more points if you attack/defend objectives that you set. Don't you want more points? If not, leave squad leader to someone else who does.

Played a couple hours this previous weekend. For me and my friends, I am labeling this game as fixed. None of us have been crashing since last week and have each put in some solid play time. Mix of windows 7 and 8.1 machines, all nvidia graphics cards, all sandy bridge or ivy bridge quad cores, some overclocked, some not.

My remaining annoyances with the game are balance and game mechanics based.

• All the UAVs are currently a bit too strong and camper-mode without much consequence.
  • Some of the china maps are significantly more graphics intensive. Would like to see that turned down a tad even though they are pretty.
  • AA vehicle. I realize that a lot of people disagreed with me last time about wanting AA vehicles removed from the game but something has to be done about this. I'm speaking as someone who rarely uses any vehicles.

Anyone have any attachment setups that they really like? Most things I'm using stubby grip and laser with nothing on the barrel, trying to get only stat improvements and no downsides but I'm starting to wonder if I have ruled out some good combinations.

If you find yourself a squad leaders PLEASE ISSUE ORDERS. You can be purely selfish about it and just assign orders that won't help your team but please realize that both you and your team members get more points if you attack/defend objectives that you set. Don't you want more points? If not, leave squad leader to someone else who does.

I'd have to agree with you about AA. I don't even step foot into aircraft anymore due to the fact that an engineer or two along with Mobile AA is a lockdown on air support. If you drop flares for one, the other nails the shit out of you. Not to mention active radar missiles that you get about 1/2 a seconds lock notice which by then dropping flares is useless. Then the weird control lockout for 5 or so seconds after being hit will almost always have you slamming into the deck or getting lit up by enemy aircraft or more missiles. Driving around in mobile AA is great fun though, even if it's completely one sided if you find someplace with half decent cover/concealment.

Beating a dead horse, unfortunately. One time some guy said he's not issuing orders because I was spamming 'Requesting orders" on the comma rose. It was quite the comment considering this person wasn't issuing orders when I joined the squad to begin with. It was then that I gave up on asking and just start my own squad now.

I feel like they ninja added more recoil to LMG's like M240B and PKP. Last night it felt different but idk could just be me being paranoid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duP1UMNQEY0

After watching this shit I almost feel like saying to hell with BF4. Dice are a bunch of fucking dick bags.

They nerf jets and helos to cater to infantry, then they give every infantry player their own remote control micro attack jet that does 50 damage on a frontal hit to an LAV. They just turned every map into Operation Metro.

I dunno.....I still think it's hilarious. Now when you hear the buzzing sound everyone scatters.

After watching this shit I almost feel like saying to hell with BF4. Dice are a bunch of fucking dick bags.

They nerf jets and helos to cater to infantry, then they give every infantry player their own remote control micro attack jet that does 50 damage on a frontal hit to an LAV. They just turned every map into Operation Metro.

Jets and helos haven't been nerfed. Jets just can't dominate infantry as they used to, and helos are now counterable. I've been killed countless times by helos, and my vehicles have been attacked and destroyed quite often by jets. I don't see how they can be considered depowered at all.

Maybe when Métro comes back in Second Assault, the explosion lovers will flock to it and leave the rest of us in peace.

Well new patch that was suppose to stop the crashes .. hasn't. I still randomly crash.

Just for shits and giggles over the weekend I installed this game on my HTPC with a fresh install of Windows 8.1 and after 30 minutes in a game .. it crashed as well.

DICE use to be such a quality developer. I still love Mirror's Edge but honestly .. they suck at fixing their games.

I'm having trouble with packet loss and im lagging. For some reason my brother is on the same network as me and he has no lag. He using Windows 8 and im using Windows 7.

Anyone have a solution?

Jets and helos haven't been nerfed. Jets just can't dominate infantry as they used to, and helos are now counterable. I've been killed countless times by helos, and my vehicles have been attacked and destroyed quite often by jets. I don't see how they can be considered depowered at all.

Have you spent even a minute in an Attack Helo? They're hands down the weakest "attack" oriented vehicle in the game. Mobile AA can hide in his base clicking leftmousebutton on Active Radar Missiles which have infinite range and dont require any lock, and an Attack Heli just taking off on the other side of the map is knocked over and KIA. Countermeasures are irrelevant, ARMs will tend to flip the heli upside down anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGESXEuYiMw

And not sure why or how "being killed countless times by helos" translates to anything meaningful about the state of balance. A vehicle should be viable if DICE is bothering to include it in the game. As for Scout heli's, it basically requires repair engineers to keep them up, otherwise they too would just be facerolled by point&click stingers 10 sec after takeoff. They could probably reduce the repair speed a bit, granted.

Last edited:

That video is complete bullshit. The way the video is edited takes things way out of context. I have the UCAV and have used it enough to know what's going on here.

1. You have to have a special perk to get 2 ammo boxes, and your field upgrade score has to be maxed. That in of itself is hard to do. It's the only way to get them that fast. Normally the reload on the UCAV is in excess of 2 minutes with one ammo box and not the extra explosives perk. If he has the perk, at one level he gets extra ammo of explosive items like the UCAV, at a higher perk level he gets the extra ammo box to facilitate the slow reload speed of the UCAV. In other words, with that setup he always has one in reserve while the other is reloading. Even then, the reload with 2 boxes still can't quite keep up and he needs a few extra seconds to reload after several of them fired back to back, hence why it is video clips pieced together or they are conveniently sped up between reloads.

2. The other team was shit. He was camping a prime spot on Paracel Storm that is normally heavily trafficked and people run by all the time. He even had a camping sniper standing right next to him that no one came and killed. He also somehow got the max perk level, which is really hard to do fighting against a half decent team.

3. The UCAV is OP against infantry, that much is certain. It is not OP against vehicles. The few vehicles he did kill were being hit by other explosives and/or had previous damage. He shot the gunners out of the attack boat several times, but they were unprotected standing in the back. Take notice of the items listed in the kill, most times the vehicle isn't listed.

Play with the UCAV for more than 5 minutes and you will learn real quick this video is a convenient mix of several things happening right for the player all at once, many of which you don't see.

Last edited:
I think it was Rush which means that spot in Paracel which is normally very heavily trafficked - as you say - would be insulated.

The UCAV is OP against infantry, that much is certain. It is not OP against vehicles.

Disagree. UCAV takes 50 off a tank. This little 4 pound grenade with wings does more damage than a 500 pound TV missile, or the bombs that jets drop. That's absurd. The blast radius is massive, it multi-kills infantry like nothing, and one-shots Heli's.

Its the new lowest-common-denominator toy that everyone's spamming and its turned most rounds into trolling sessions that wrecks the core gameplay. On top of it the glitch to infinite-fire them seems to be spreading as I'm seeing more and more people endlessly firing them on the minimap. I know DICE is already aware of the glitch but who knows when they get around to fixing.

Just give DICE a few months and they will get around to fixing the UCAV bug. Have some confidence in them!

I'm having trouble with packet loss and im lagging. For some reason my brother is on the same network as me and he has no lag. He using Windows 8 and im using Windows 7.

Anyone have a solution?

Does it happen when your playing and he is not?

Are you guys playing on the same server or different servers?

What's your network setup, how are the both of you connected to your ISP and what kind of net connection do you have?

I love that CORE GAMEPLAY

its an arcade game NOT a combat sim...quote from EA

They have made anything flying more powerful than a tank even though planes and helos should be scrap with ANY hit from almost anything.
AND no, most anti aircraft does not take a direct hit. Any explosion close to it will usually disable it...oh wait there is a monkey in the seat with a wrench, he can replace that wing.
WEEEEEEEEE

its an arcade game nothing more. DONT try to make it into something that makes since.

Have you spent even a minute in an Attack Helo? They're hands down the weakest "attack" oriented vehicle in the game. Mobile AA can hide in his base clicking leftmousebutton on Active Radar Missiles which have infinite range and dont require any lock, and an Attack Heli just taking off on the other side of the map is knocked over and KIA. Countermeasures are irrelevant, ARMs will tend to flip the heli upside down anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGESXEuYiMw

And not sure why or how "being killed countless times by helos" translates to anything meaningful about the state of balance. A vehicle should be viable if DICE is bothering to include it in the game. As for Scout heli's, it basically requires repair engineers to keep them up, otherwise they too would just be facerolled by point&click stingers 10 sec after takeoff. They could probably reduce the repair speed a bit, granted.

I agree. Active radar missiles are ridiculously overpowered. Just grab the mobile AA and spam that shit from across the map and you've just rendered all the enemy choppers useless. Wtf is this garbage. IF I'm lucky enough to be able to reach it with a TV missile because most of the time the fucker is hiding in the back of his base and my TV missiles cannot reach, I need a combo of 3 or 4 tv missiles/rocket barrages/machine gun to destroy it, but yet even if I am lucky enough to see the indicator or hear the warning it's too late to ECM because I still get fucking knocked sideways upside down lose all power and crash to the ground? You cannot go past your base on most maps in the attack chopper or else you're dead. OFMGOMGOFMGOFMOGMFOMGOFGMFOGM WHO EVEN COMES UP WITH THIS!!!?!!?!!?! GIVE ME ONE THING TO SURVIVE JUST ONE. Either get rid of ARMSs or let my one TV missile disable the Mobile AA to red and dying OR let me survive the 3 missile barrage so I can limp away or give me more speed to get back out of range quicker. There's nothing in the attack chopper to counter the shitstorm of anti-air coming at it once you leave your base. The only way I can survive is flying solo and switching seats and spamming TV missiles while I hide in the back of my base/

This game is total shit, Operation Locker should be renamed Operation: Get to C And Then Bounce LVGs and XM-25s Like Pinballs Thru The Chokepoint Cause I'm An Autistic Fucker That Thinks This Is Great Fun. DICE is a shit company, this is not just EA's doing.

The logic of DICE: Fix the MAV killing people in BF3, but then in BF4 allow snipers to remote control those planes to fly into people and kill them. What the shit are these people thinking when they decided all this?!

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

The logic of DICE: Fix the MAV killing people in BF3, but then in BF4 allow snipers to remote control those planes to fly into people and kill them. What the shit are these people thinking when they decided all this?!

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

They're thinking

"Let's add this feature in so a ton of people complain about it all over the internet which makes people want to go out and act out their inner douchness and buy the game so they can do it too"

:)

The butthurt is VERY strong in here.

Here's an idea: Don't like it? Quit playing it and posting BS for months on end about it. Everybody's happy.

Chalk up the loss and MOVE ON, or STFU already. :D

I played more last night before I decided to completely abandon the game. I actually enjoyed myself. Played quite a few rounds that were competitive and enjoyable. After a while Operation Locker came in rotation, and I realised that I don't mind most of the maps, but Locker is unbearable in most modes. I decided to just screw around and take pot shots with sniper those rounds, and that was fine. Boring but fine and bearable.

Next came rogue transmission, which I usually do ok with. And with it came the uavs, and with the flurry of uavs I once again started hating the game. The next few rounds were just full of uav pilots. 2/3rds of each team sitting behind thier base flying their uavs. Worst. Mechanic. Ever.

Eventually, things calmed down again and the game became fun. What last night made me realise is that I actually enjoy the game that is there, when I don't have to deal with Operation Locker and UAVs. I'll just have to server hop to avoid that stuff I guess.

If you crash in the middle of a round do you lose all of your points?

As long as you DON'T rejoin that same server and the server finishes the round without crashing, you get to keep your points. (Check your battlelog reports for the latest one to confirm the server logged the stats).

I played more last night before I decided to completely abandon the game. I actually enjoyed myself. Played quite a few rounds that were competitive and enjoyable. After a while Operation Locker came in rotation, and I realised that I don't mind most of the maps, but Locker is unbearable in most modes. I decided to just screw around and take pot shots with sniper those rounds, and that was fine. Boring but fine and bearable.

Next came rogue transmission, which I usually do ok with. And with it came the uavs, and with the flurry of uavs I once again started hating the game. The next few rounds were just full of uav pilots. 2/3rds of each team sitting behind thier base flying their uavs. Worst. Mechanic. Ever.

Eventually, things calmed down again and the game became fun. What last night made me realise is that I actually enjoy the game that is there, when I don't have to deal with Operation Locker and UAVs. I'll just have to server hop to avoid that stuff I guess.

The biggest issue with the game right now is all the updates break all custom server rules. Soon hopefully we will have no uav servers and no explosive servers and more custom servers period that will put a stop to most douchebaggery

Does it happen when your playing and he is not?

Are you guys playing on the same server or different servers?

What's your network setup, how are the both of you connected to your ISP and what kind of net connection do you have?

It happens when im playing and hes not. It also happens when we are both playing. We are on the same exact server. We are both connected wired to our ISP and we are using comcast blast 50mbps.

All the other games play perfect only this game I dont get a good connection. When i run the performance test it says excessive packet loss.

The butthurt is VERY strong in here.

Here's an idea: Don't like it? Quit playing it and posting BS for months on end about it. Everybody's happy.

Chalk up the loss and MOVE ON, or STFU already. :D

So longtime bf veterans who are displeased with this game (or aspects of it), shouldn't post their opinions on it? K.

It happens when im playing and hes not. It also happens when we are both playing. We are on the same exact server. We are both connected wired to our ISP and we are using comcast blast 50mbps.

All the other games play perfect only this game I dont get a good connection. When i run the performance test it says excessive packet loss.

Hmm....that leads me to believe its a networking level issue between your PC and someplace in the cloud, or possibly on your home network...I am making the assumption that you've run into this issue on multiple servers. Open up command line and ping your gateway (typically 192.168.1.1) with /t argument...let it run for about a minute then hit ctrl-c, it should give you some details which should come out to 0 packets dropped. If you get packets lost inside your network then you've got an issue, mostly likely a bad cable/connection. If that works fine, try pinging a website like yahoo or even the BF4 server if you know the IP address of it, again with the /t argument and see if you can repeat your packet loss issues outside of the game. I would suggest doing this without the other PC running the game and then if everything checks out, do it again with the other PC running the game. If you can't recreate the issue outside of the game, I imagine it's a network code issue with the game itself. Possibly try running the game as administrator (some programs are funky, even if you have admin rights), try reinstalling the game....check to make sure software firewall is allowing UDP/TCP traffic through on ports that BF4 uses, check your router's firewall to make sure none of that traffic is being directed specifically to a PC....What kind of router are you using and is it the only network device you have running between you and your ISPs modem?

opinions are just like assholes everyone has one even the shrill telling us not to post.

opinions are just like assholes everyone has one even the shrill telling us not to post.

1. high-pitched and piercing in sound quality: a shrill cry.

2. producing such a sound.

3. full of or characterized by such a sound: shrill music.

4. betraying some strong emotion or attitude in an exaggerated amount, as antagonism or defensiveness.

5. marked by great intensity; keen: the shrill, incandescent light of the exploding bomb.

I think you meant "shill" :D

1. a person who poses as a customer in order to decoy others into participating, as at a gambling house, auction, confidence game, etc.

2. a person who publicizes or praises something or someone for reasons of self-interest, personal profit, or friendship or loyalty.

verb (used without object)
3. to work as a shill: He shills for a large casino.

verb (used with object)
4. to advertise or promote (a product) as or in the manner of a huckster; hustle: He was hired to shill a new TV show.

I thought he meant "swill"?

1. liquid or partly liquid food for animals, especially kitchen refuse given to swine; hogwash.

2. kitchen refuse in general; garbage.

3. any liquid mess, waste, or refuse; slop.

4. a deep draught of liquor.

5. contemptibly worthless utterance or writing; drivel.

I believe 'Shill' is the correct word he was looking for, and the one I hear and would use but, 'swill' definition '5' seems like it would possibly fit as well.

Voice your opinion without crying. So stop crying or I'm going to call the wambulance.

I would also like to add that voicing your opinion more then....lets be generous here....half a dozen times....puts you in troll territory and you should just leave the thread. This isn't the 'Official shit on DICE/EA/BF games that aren't BF2' thread. Opinions are welcome, constructive criticism is desired but, bitching just to bitch, over and over and over....go somewhere else please.

I would also like to add that voicing your opinion more then....lets be generous here....half a dozen times....puts you in troll territory and you should just leave the thread. This isn't the 'Official shit on DICE/EA/BF games that aren't BF2' thread. Opinions are welcome, constructive criticism is desired but, bitching just to bitch, over and over and over....go somewhere else please.

Who's this directed to, over half of the responses in this thread? :D
I came here to find information on the game, not hear people bitching...I get to hear that in the game as it is.

The Reddit hivemind deciphered the secret of the statues on the China Rising maps. Long story short, and it was fun watching these guys at work, there is a faint skull at the bottom of the Battlelog leaderboards page. Click that and it takes you to login screen which unlocks a new assignment; the Phantom Program. 200 AR kills, 200 MBT kills, and 1 300 meter headshot, all of which must be completed after unlocking the assignment, i.e. no carryovers.

The passcode, which was a word jumble puzzle based on the braille on the statues, is "bumpinthenight"

Link to the thread is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1sjjmj/new_assignment/

Back