Battlefield 4 **Official Discussion Thread**

If you want to play on a server with a 100 ms ping limit join ours at ArmoredFist.net. No bs allowed with the high ping warriors.

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/PC/6a09d4e2-1515-4fc2-a453-8252d41c0dcf/Armored-FIST-Hi-CPU-100ms-Ping-Daily-Restarts-Mixed/

I am having a key binding issue. When I go to pick up a gun off the ground, I can't. What is the default key for this?

When I stand over a gun on the ground it says "Hold to pick up". Hold what??? It doesn't actually tell me what key to use as though I don't have one bound. But, I have read through the key bindings several times and I don't see the place where I would bind a key to this function. What gives?

I am having a key binding issue. When I go to pick up a gun off the ground, I can't. What is the default key for this?

When I stand over a gun on the ground it says "Hold to pick up". Hold what??? It doesn't actually tell me what key to use as though I don't have one bound. But, I have read through the key bindings several times and I don't see the place where I would bind a key to this function. What gives?

It's the use key. Default is E. Same key you use to open doors, get in vehicles, activate map elements, etc.

Hmm, guess my game is fucked up then. I figured it was E but that key won't work when I try to pick stuff up. In BF3, I had my reload key set to pick stuff up but that doesn't work either.

Yeah sometimes the game will bug out like that however, if you cursor over it , the game should tell you what button to use. If it doesnt you probably wiped it in options. 8

Both my Use/Interact key and my Reload key do not work. None of my keys will pick up stuff off the ground. Neither work in SP nor MP. And my Use and Reload keys are not blank. I can reload as well as use sutff, get in/out vehicles, etc. It's just the picking up guns off the ground that it borked.

Both my Use/Interact key and my Reload key do not work. None of my keys will pick up stuff off the ground. Neither work in SP nor MP. And my Use and Reload keys are not blank. I can reload as well as use sutff, get in/out vehicles, etc. It's just the picking up guns off the ground that it borked.

Try resetting your key bindings.

Anyone else getting bad performance after the latest patch was released?

crossfire with mantle is broken for me atleast it was last night i have not tried to see if the DLC had a patch that fixed it yet.

there is a memory leak or something some where when crossfire and mantle is used i think

you can watch this video i posted and skip around it and watch the performance degrade during the round to unplayable levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWT6TrbkK8

it does that with 2x 290''s and 3x 290's

seems to play fine with a single card tho.

has anyone had the chance to play the Dragon's Teeth DLC yet? i won't be able to try it out until tonight after work, wondering how people like the maps and weapons.

crossfire with mantle is broken for me atleast it was last night i have not tried to see if the DLC had a patch that fixed it yet.

there is a memory leak or something some where when crossfire and mantle is used i think

you can watch this video i posted and skip around it and watch the performance degrade during the round to unplayable levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqWT6TrbkK8

it does that with 2x 290''s and 3x 290's

seems to play fine with a single card tho.

Def broken for me (even with the new DLC) guess Dice could screw up a soup sandwich.

has anyone had the chance to play the Dragon's Teeth DLC yet? i won't be able to try it out until tonight after work, wondering how people like the maps and weapons.

^ this. Plus some screenshots would be nice.

Its a map pack for the types of players that prefer infantry-only combat. Which there are apparently a lot of, especially on consoles. The maps look nice, some are derivative and remind you of existing maps, its close-quarters urban oriented. Vehicle/aircraft oriented players will be sitting this one out and waiting for Final Stand.

Dragon's Teeth gameplay/review roundup: http://mp1st.com/2014/07/14/battlefield-4-dragons-teeth-dlc-gameplay-round/

The new chainlink game mode is interesting, brings back some of that close quarters feeling. Not really my cup of tea, but played it enough to unlock the MPX. So far I generally like the new maps, except the one that feels like Flood Zone (I loathe flood zone), can't think of the name off the top of my head.

Its another attempt at a classic game mode horribly mutilated, Supply Lines, not that they could ever get that working right in BF2 like in previous mods.

these are my kind of maps. like Aftermath for BF3 this will be my favorite DLC.

the maps are not too bad, some take a little getting use too like that one downtown street map with all the various building ins and outs, if you play it for the first time on 64 man it almost feels overwhelming but once you get use too it you can roll through the streets pretty good racking up the kills.

I bought BF4 two weeks ago. Tonight, I went ahead and bought Premium for all the maps and DLC. I played all Dragon's Teeth tonight but I'm still getting used to the game overall, though. The Chain Link game seems retarded. It's just fast-paced Conquest.

Sunken Dragon is the worst map I've seen in Battlefield (Close Quarters doesn't count/doesn't exist in my mind) in a while. Really draws attention to the fucking ridiculous icon orgy on top of the bland color palette and the lighting from the time of day, a combination that renders the map useless as it becomes nigh impossible to distinguish enemies from the clutter.

Lumphin Gardens or whatever is poorly arranged. I'd change a few things about all the flag points, especially that retarded as hell spawn behind the shrine or whatever. Seems like there is potential there, though

Propaganda reminds me of Bloc from Modern Warfare 1. I like the arrangement and style of the map. It has led to some seriously intense fire fights, especially around the D and B flags.

Pearl Market is like the end of Oasis, which is one of my favorites. Reminds me of a better balanced Grand Bazaar and the limited amount of vehicles is a welcome relief.

Sunken dragon is atrocious, I agree. Easily the worst map I've played in bf4.

Pearl market is probably the best map from this pack, though teams can get a little camp happy on the rooftops occasionally.

I hear you there, nothing worse than playing a map and having 80% of your team or the other team roof camping. All in all the newer maps I think are a blast to play.

any crafty ways to get 5 kills while swimming?

edit: never mind, unlocked the unica 6 on the first try on Wave Breaker conquest large

Last edited:
I am having serious performance issues after that July 8 patch. I am getting stutter and low fps, it also looks like it has a memory leak because the more you play the more lag, stutter and low fps you get.

system specs:

Win8.1
R290
Samsung 840pro

I am having serious performance issues after that July 8 patch. I am getting stutter and low fps, it also looks like it has a memory leak because the more you play the more lag, stutter and low fps you get.

system specs:

Win8.1
R290
Samsung 840pro

i only see the memory leak with crossfire enabled, when i disable it, the performance degradation goes away. that sucks if you have it with a single 290.

with the mixed quality settings i use, i get around 120-170fps with a single 290 with mantle.

system specs:

Win8.1
R290
Samsung 840pro

Turn your texture settings down. It's apparently an issue with ultra/high texture settings.

Can anyone create a gif for me? I have a 20 seconds video where I parachute down a building and RPG someone mid air. I think it would be cool to put it as my profile picture.

Technically you were mid-air and RPG'd someone :)

im liking these new maps(only played a few games on each so far, so it could change when i learn more about each map.)

Me too, I've always been a ground pounder infantry kind of person so I tend to stick to those kind of maps. I think it's a good DLC imo. I like Pearl Market(feels like a more balanced Grand Bazaar map) and Propaganda the most.

What is your guys favorite server? I love ROCK =) the noobs server for Team deathmatch =)

What is your guys favorite server? I love ROCK =) the noobs server for Team deathmatch =)

=(eGO)= Siege/Zavod 24/7 conquest large. I'm not a huge Siege of Shanghai fan, but I can deal with it in order to get to Zavod 311 conquest large. Zavod is incredibly fun.

I wish Hainan Resort would appear in more server rotations. That map is great and I don't know why it's not played more often. Instead, we get a crapton of 24/7 Locker and Metro servers. Gag me.

Back