Battlefield 3 Patch Coming Tuesday

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by HardOCP News, Dec 5, 2011.

1. HardOCP News

HardOCP News [H] News

There will be a big ass patch for Battlefield 3 on Tuesday that will tip the scales at a massive 2GB. Why so big? Well, in addition to the bug fixes and game balance tweaks, it also includes data for the Back to Karkand DLC pack.

2. phobos512

phobos512 Limp Gawd

Can't wait to see what this one breaks.

Also, I had read on BF3's own forum that the coming patch will only include *most* of the content for B2K, not all of it?

3. BlitzPuppet

BlitzPuppet Gawd

Come on Flashlight nerf! Come on IRNV nerf! Come on Aerial AT rockets buff!

4. lhhbjw

lhhbjw n00b

Thought the flashlights were supposed to be fixed last go round. It didn't for me on my 6970 no matter what driver i used. Hopefully it is better this time!

5. thedintedcan

thedintedcan Limp Gawd

Ugh its about time.

6. Cube

Cube [H]ard|Gawd

When are they putting in a real server browser like battlefield 2 and not the lame one they have now./

7. Unit44

Unit44 n00b

The last patch made it to where I have to try to get in a server 3 to 6 times before it lets me in, hope they fix that. But they will probably nerf the AA even more then they did the last patch.

8. XamediX

XamediX 2[H]4U

Good because I'm still getting horrible artifacting with my 560 TI after 10 mins of gaming or so.... This is a known problem with just 560's and none of the beta drivers nv has released fixed it for me.

9. collegeboy69us

collegeboy69us [H]ardness Supreme

add ping numbers in game

fix the inconsistant showing of ping in the browser, nerf the flashlight, nerf the inrv,

Maybe doing something about hackers would be good too? I'm on a 2500K @ 4.5Ghz, 6950 2GB @ 1920x1080 and have had pretty much zero problems. just balance this bitch and ill be happy.

10. jadams

jadams 2[H]4U

I'm ecstatic that they are reducing the server start to 1 person. This pissed me off beyond belief.

11. HAF72

HAF72 1337 :)

Same. Now I can practice flying again :) Looks like the updates have huge improvements, I will be playing multi player again!

12. haunter

haunter [H]ard|Gawd

battlelog works fine about 99% of the time, why do you want them to spend a month wasting time on fixing something thats not really broken.

they did a poll on battlelog for filterupdates and after like 3 days BAM there it was

13. MavMange

MavMange n00b

I'm waiting for all these beta changes to go through before I pick it up. All the previous Battlefield PC games were basically released as beta and turned out to be great games after a few rounds of patches.

14. OFaceSIG

OFaceSIG [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah tac lights, inrv and motor NERFS are AWESOME news.

15. Kelby

Kelby Gawd

NOOOOO!!!! I love the INRV scope. Its like I'm the Predator hunting Arnold. :) I guess it is kinda easy using it to take out snipers. Oh well, I guess we can all use more snipers. :rolleyes:

16. MarkedOne

MarkedOne Limp Gawd

ya campers noobs will stop to cry

17. hity645

hity645 [H]ardness Supreme

About time!

18. zeroumus

zeroumus [H]Lite

to little to late

19. criccio

criccio Fully Equipped

Too bad for you. The rest of us are having a ton of fun!

Had a great match last night. My buddy was flying the Venom while I manned one of the mini-guns. Went 27 and 0. :p

20. WOrPIG

WOrPIG n00b

From BF Facebook :

BE ADVISED - Back to Karkand out on PS3 December 6th, PC and Xbox 360 to follow on December 13th!

21. Crest

Crest Limp Gawd

People really are split it seems on Battlelog. Some people hate it, some people love it. I'm in the love it field. I can browse for servers while talking to people and working on other stuff and then find a server and load it while doing other stuff.

I like it, personally.

22. German Muscle

German Muscle [H]ardness Supreme

supposed changelog

23. Stiler

Stiler [H]ardForum Junkie

How about they fix that fucking constant CTD's many people get?

Literlaly can't play more then 5 minute sor so, then CTD.

24. jadams

jadams 2[H]4U

I was getting a few last night, and up until then it was never an issue.

25. German Muscle

German Muscle [H]ardness Supreme

Disable origin in game overlay and chat.

26. hopiamani

hopiamani [H]Lite

Last night for the IRNV! :D

I never really used it since it felt dirty. But I am gonna whore it out tonight as a goodbye!

27. Advil

Advil [H]ard|Gawd

Question is, will they over-nerf the irnv?

There is going to be hell trying to balance it between not-too-short and not-too-far.

If it's too short it becomes useless.

IMHO it should be switched out for a more high end thermal imaging scope... people are cold (black) during daylight and warm (bright white) at night. You'll be looking for moving color differential which means any number of things might NOT be a player and they can fudge it for gameplay reasons by making the color differentials not quite as obvious as they are now.

Then again, they could also solve the current problem by making the contrast difference much smaller on the current NV scope.

Or... make the contrast difference FADE with distance. That would be very fair, and kind of realistic from a IR light gathering standpoint. You could even begin to make the effect blur just a little at longer ranges... letting you know someone IS out there but making it harder to just point and kill. It might take a few shots to put enough on him to kill, giving the enemy warning.

All sorts of ways to make it better than it is, without simply taking it away.

28. pigwalk

pigwalk [H]ardForum Junkie

Still no voip?

29. Omegas

Omegas [H]ardForum Junkie

Have they fixed multi-monitors yet?

30. NastyNative

NastyNative Gawd

Voip is provided by battlelog... I know cause when I use TS I always have to kill the chat on it or else I echo.

The Night Vision is awsome. They already did something to it where you can't see people far away that are wearing the Spec-op suit...

I think this will break the game more then fix it.

So another 12 months of patches and we should have the game that should have been released 10-25-11?

31. TwistedAegis

TwistedAegis [H]ardForum Junkie

I like every one of the changes in that patch, nice work DICE. I also particularly liked this one:

As one of those "colorblinds" I can't help but laugh at the term...wtf?

32. triarii3

triarii3 Gawd

is it just me. because i find enemies with flash lights really easy to spot and kill
    lol

33. Tzzird

Tzzird [H]ardness Supreme

IRNV nerf-- I guess it was inevitable.

34. hopiamani

hopiamani [H]Lite

Yes, if you are talking about the friendly overhead indicators showing up on the left screen. The fix for that was in the last patch. If you're talking about how the game rapes your GPU at 6036x1200.... then no.:p

Although with a 6970 it is playable at 6036x1200 on medium with HBAO. Fraps says 30 fps on average. Make sure you get the latest drivers; I am using 11.11a

35. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

Yeah, that was a change that never should have been made. Same with the AA rocket nerfs...no reason at all for that.

This is the patch that should have come out first thing, not over a month later.

36. TwistedAegis

TwistedAegis [H]ardForum Junkie

That's a hell of a lot of changes to expect turned out that quickly, plus a lot of these changes are made after observing the balance after a while once the full retail game was released.

37. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

I would rather it become useless than remain a rape machine as it is now.

Honestly with how different and advantageous it is from any other site, it is strange that they put it at such a relatively low kill level to unlock...should have been more like 1000 kills or something, if at all. But, again, considering how out-of-place it is with the rest of the optics they should probably have just not included it at all in MP.

38. MavericK

MavericK Zero Cool

True, but the complaints with the taclight and IRNV were almost immediately apparent, and they released at LEAST one other patch where those issues were known but not addressed.

I agree that not all of the issues could have been fixed immediately, but some of them really should have been a patch or two ago. I doubt most balance issues are much more than tweaking some variables in the code somewhere.

39. matteos

matteos [H]ard|Gawd

I can't even play this game now, it started crashing with a white or black screen between map changes, now it just crashes within minutes of playing. Wish I hadn't bought it, I think I prefer BFBC2

40. Majinhoju

Majinhoju [H]ard|Gawd

My work firewall is blocking the link, I'll have to check it later.

Will this fix single player? The game crashes each time I try to launch it.
    I know single player on this game is supposed to suck, but I'd like to at least try it :p