Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
WHEN DOES OPEN BETA END FOR BF3?
I wonder if my stats will carry over once the beta ends
this was the same way in BC2, no qwuitting till you spawned. the game loads in about a minute for me, which is faster than loading levels in BC2. Not to mention how much better the server browser works than BC2's did for most of the games life and bf2's was utter horseshit
Im guessing alot of it is load
boo fucking hoo dude, the community isnt always right, and people are morons. what do you do for a living? I'm guessing its not anything close to programming this scale of an interface, so what exactly do you bring to the table besides tears?
see above remark. I write some software and web apps, but nothing to this scale, so I am keeping my mouth shut instead of telling others who know better than me how to do their job
I agree 100% that the implementation of this is flawed, a small program to edit settings outside the game would be nice, I remember back in w95 days you had to it like that in most games(LOL cant remember the last time I talked nicely about shit that old). I remember all the issues I had with blops I think it was that by default it tried to launch at a res my DLP TV couldnt run and I couldnt change it till I dug through settings files to find the defaults(I am hoping that bf3 stores info alot like BC2 did and someone will write a config editor for it, or maybe I should slate some free time after the beta closes to look into it?)
yup hate that, dont go post this in a diablo 3 thread through or you will get tar and feathered.
we dont know if SP will have a separate way to launch(hope so) but its obviously in battlelog)
Last minutes bugs, lolol.
Smart people are the same people that have propagated the "open beta/demo" mixology.
I understand you're a fan, as am I, sadly BF3 won't be getting my money due to a number of reasons anymore. That said neither will COD, since I am not a COD fan either. I'll just keep my BF2 server alive a lot longer than anticipated, and see how BF3 looks a year after their demo... or sorry open-beta lol.
I'd suggest not running around the map before adjusting settings, both maps have you spawn into a pretty safe area and if your incapable of running to some nearby cover (see: rocks in Metro or building in Caspian) before going into the menus then maybe this game IS too much for you.
This arguement for/against the server browser implimentation is rediculous. If they intergrated it into the game they could have used the exact same layouts as you see in the browser and the only difference is that you wouldnt have a 3rd party program showing you the info.
Resource usage as a con cant be considered if your playing this game as the amount IE/Firefox/Chrome take up is nothing in comparison to what the game needs/uses. If your worried about the browser resource usage, you need to worry more about your computer instead.
Understandably, it WOULD be nice to be able to change settings and access menu systems before getting into the game but really...its not a big deal...shouldnt be enough to cause someone NOT to play the game.
As was stated earlier, DICE menus have been buggy historically and taken a few patches to get things right, the benefit with the external browser is that its just code on a remote server, very simple (in terms of code languages) HTML that can be "patched" without having to release a client update. Also allows them to do a bit of experimentation that, if the community doesnt like it, can be quickly and easily reverted.
Another thing, I know you are all hyper positive right now, but what you see is what you get. There is no way in hell DICE will be on top of all the bugs in game right now. Since alpha they've only added more issues, and caspian STILL isn't ready for public release. That really worries me that only one map is ready for the public, and it is a rush map, wrought with bugs. WTF DICE.
Are you opening the game as administrator?
Haven't had a single crash so far
Erm, I've installed the Beta from Origin, updated Nvidia Beta driver and so on.
But when I try and run the game from Origin the game does not load, nothing at all, no errors. Tried rebooting, tried running it from Battlelog after logging in. no DICE.
Confused!?!
Erm, I've installed the Beta from Origin, updated Nvidia Beta driver and so on.
But when I try and run the game from Origin the game does not load, nothing at all, no errors. Tried rebooting, tried running it from Battlelog after logging in. no DICE.
Confused!?!
probably not your solution, but i ran into the same thing when i ran the BF3.exe as administrator. if i run it without admin rights it loads up just fine.
I'm going to guess that they'll all disappear when Battlelog comes out of beta and officially launches fresh and clean.
Yes, its been stated that all stats, unlocks, and anything else WILL be reset once beta is over..
You guys complaining about the battlelog system reminds me of the morons that complained about the facebook changes. That's why it is call progress instead of regress.
Managed to get in, not sure why I wouldn't work earlier, racked up 3 kills in a row and then lost connection.
Sadly using unreliable internet to run SP games hasn't worked out well for anyone.
Also, this system isn't progressive, it's appealing to the 12-16 crowd that likes to touch dicks and see who's is bigger.
It's a giant step backwards.
Also, this system isn't progressive, it's appealing to the 12-16 crowd that likes to touch dicks and see who's is bigger.
It's a giant step backwards.
Random innane bullshit
I thought you cancelled your preorder? Why are you still posting in here?
I thought you cancelled your preorder? Why are you still posting in here?
Where can we report things / issues that we are having problems with within the beta for bf3? I'd like to give feedback - on actual issues, not game play mechanics.
Outside of that, I exited my game with a mediocre feeling. I am not sure where they were exactly headed with the whole web browser ordeal, but if they were going to do that, they might as well just scrapped Origin and made it totally web based like Quakelive.
Same reason you are.
It's an open beta now
If you don't like it feel free to /ignore. I apologize for having a differing opinion than yours, be sure not to suck that teat too hard and share with your BFF's.
Where can we report things / issues that we are having problems with within the beta for bf3? I'd like to give feedback - on actual issues, not game play mechanics.
Got to play the caspian map and got in the jet a bit DAMN!!! I really hope they let me bind keys the way they did in BC2.