• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say stop trolling, idiot. :p

Disabling something, to avoid fixing... what has already been fixed? Wait... what? Who uses that kind of logic in a development platform... If it's already been fixed, push that forward to allow us to stress the other bugs in game as well.

Sir you seem to be making a name for yourself very quickly on this forum, and I don't think it's a name you want to have.

It's a BETA! The game is not complete yet, also maybe the fix to the full game would take too much to implement so they went the easy route. Guess what you will probably still buy this game when it comes out even though all you are doing is bitching and moaning on this thread. So who cares?
 
Just played 2 rounds of Conquest and wow.

Rush/Metro is pure crap to me.

Caspian conquest is not.
 
Sir you seem to be making a name for yourself very quickly on this forum, and I don't think it's a name you want to have.

It's a BETA! The game is not complete yet, also maybe the fix to the full game would take too much to implement so they went the easy route. Guess what you will probably still buy this game when it comes out even though all you are doing is bitching and moaning on this thread. So who cares?

I love how you people come out and tell me that all I am doing is bitching and moaning.

I'm expressing my distaste for a horrible design choice on their part. I'm free to do so, defend it if you like, and I'll tear that apart(if I can). I'll also be swayed on the off-chance that someone says something that makes sense. So far no-one has just "ohh it's Beta/ohh it's fine get over it". Why would I get over it? It's in beta phase apparently, and while I realistically know they won't change it, I can do my damnedest to try.

Seriously, deal with it. I'm not developing any kind of name, I'll call people who are just trolling me idiots because that's what they deserve. Otherwise I am free to express my feelings and thoughts on the game thus far.

I still don't understand the logic of us testing something that they have already fixed. Do you? If it's is ACTUALLY already fixed(highly unlikely), then they wouldn't have wasted our time and theirs, and allowed us to focus on the other things that need fixing. Don't you think?

If anyone has any actual input on the dev's decisions to test something they seemingly already have fixed, I'm all ears. Sounds like fluff to lead people on to me though, Zh1nt0 is good at spreading shit around and trying to make it look good.
 
How do you go about getting on Caspian? People are saying to google passwords for it, but is that for each hoster individually or is there one universal password or what? Metro is a heap of diseased jizz.
 
I still don't understand the logic of us testing something that they have already fixed. Do you? If it's is ACTUALLY already fixed(highly unlikely), then they wouldn't have wasted our time and theirs, and allowed us to focus on the other things that need fixing. Don't you think?

I don't really get it, either. My assumption is this beta is more for back-end testing, load testing and Origin testing. I fully expect this game to be a buggy mess at launch, but maybe they'll at least have the server load to handle it. Shrug.
 
I thought you guys were exaggerating with all the bitching but this isn't playable. Also I loved getting an error msg saying I needed to update my drivers when everything was working fine. Then I update to the nvidia beta drivers and everything starts glitching.
 
I love how you people come out and tell me that all I am doing is bitching and moaning.

I'm expressing my distaste for a horrible design choice on their part. I'm free to do so, defend it if you like, and I'll tear that apart(if I can). I'll also be swayed on the off-chance that someone says something that makes sense. So far no-one has just "ohh it's Beta/ohh it's fine get over it". Why would I get over it? It's in beta phase apparently, and while I realistically know they won't change it, I can do my damnedest to try.

Seriously, deal with it. I'm not developing any kind of name, I'll call people who are just trolling me idiots because that's what they deserve. Otherwise I am free to express my feelings and thoughts on the game thus far.

I still don't understand the logic of us testing something that they have already fixed. Do you? If it's is ACTUALLY already fixed(highly unlikely), then they wouldn't have wasted our time and theirs, and allowed us to focus on the other things that need fixing. Don't you think?

If anyone has any actual input on the dev's decisions to test something they seemingly already have fixed, I'm all ears. Sounds like fluff to lead people on to me though, Zh1nt0 is good at spreading shit around and trying to make it look good.

You're free to complain and dislike Battlelog but it's here to stay, so YOU might as well get over it.

Your other complaints about the game itself are all moot. Someone posted information that they're going to patch the beta to resolve issues. And you have nothing to say, because you've been proven wrong.. again.

The main point of this open beta is to stress test, that's it. I'm sure they are noting any bugs that come up in case they have not already been found and fixed.

If they were looking for bugs they would be using most recent builds, which they are not.

Why are you still here?
 
I went back and played BC2 and it was great

LOL...for a minute, I thought "you" were loosing your mind. Dice made a crap Beta for BC2, and BC2 took getting used to; so I'm trying not to quick judge BF3 yet.....especially since I did not play the original series....I have nothing to compare it to, other than BC2...................................I sure as hell am not going to compare it to MW...
 
Just some quick impressions...ive had time with the EOD Robot which is capable of arming and disarming MCOMs and has a little torch on the end for self defense...this thing is the shit lol...drive right by most people cause they dont know what the hell it is or thing its debris.

The A-91 is a sick piece of hardware..high rate of fire, very accurate, and decent sized magazine along with a huge assortment of scopes...its very nice.

IRNV Scope is really cool, especially for dark areas in the Metro subway, makes target acquisition MUCH quicker. BTW, its an infrared/nightvision (hence IRNV) scope so you see everything as a thermal mapping...its almost cheating lol.

Stationary AA guns on Caspian could use some tweaking, range on the bullets suck or it needs the bullet animation tweaked to make them appear to fire more slowly so you can guage how far to lead objects.
 
LOL...for a minute, I thought "you" were loosing your mind. Dice made a crap Beta for BC2, and BC2 took getting used to; so I'm trying not to quick judge BF3 yet.....especially since I did not play the original series....I have nothing to compare it to, other than BC2...................................I sure as hell am not going to compare it to MW...

Oh man, you missed the golden age of the franchise...BF1942 was an incredible game...too bad its old and the community is probably dead.
 
With all the complaining I had pretty low expectations for this game. But, I was pleasantly surprised that it was very playable and lots of fun.

460, 2500k, 8G ram. Ran very smooth at default high settings at 1920x1200.
 
Man... I remember trying to land the planes in 1942 on all of the islands on the Coral Sea map.. Such good times using 56k and a home land line as a conference call for voice comms. :D
 
With all the complaining I had pretty low expectations for this game. But, I was pleasantly surprised that it was very playable and lots of fun.

460, 2500k, 8G ram. Ran very smooth at default high settings at 1920x1200.

i've been running on medium settings with the same specs and an additional 460. high settings just feel jittery to me.
 
password for caspian is

shoppingcartsareagoodride

good luck actually getting into one. last couple days i got into all the time but now probably cuz it got opened up it is much harder
 
You're free to complain and dislike Battlelog but it's here to stay, so YOU might as well get over it.

Your other complaints about the game itself are all moot. Someone posted information that they're going to patch the beta to resolve issues. And you have nothing to say, because you've been proven wrong.. again.

The main point of this open beta is to stress test, that's it. I'm sure they are noting any bugs that come up in case they have not already been found and fixed.

If they were looking for bugs they would be using most recent builds, which they are not.

Why are you still here?

The same can be asked for you, why are you still replying to me if I get on your nerves so much. Deal with it.

They aren't actually fixing any of the bigger issues I've been talking about, so of course I have nothing to say to that. They are disabling a feature... that they already have fixed... but doesn't work apparently... Ya, that makes sense.

Anyways, the only person with an issue here is you, with me. If you don't like my opinion on your pretty little game, then ignore me. It's simple as that. I'm not telling you to get over the bullshit implementation of faggotry and dick tuggery that is the battlelog(seriously what else is it good for aside from comparing stats, lol), I'm telling you to get over my opinion. If you disagree, fine you've stated that many times and I don't care, but pull your lips off DICE dick for a few minutes and realize that you're arguing pointlessly with me. Only serving to amuse me at how ignorant fanboi's can be sometimes.
 
True, but port valdez was heaps better metro

i played so much of the BC2 beta that by the time the game launched i couldn't stand to look at the port valdez map. these days i don't mind it so much, it's a good map. i expect to be sick of Metro in the same way.
 
The same can be asked for you, why are you still replying to me if I get on your nerves so much. Deal with it.

They aren't actually fixing any of the bigger issues I've been talking about, so of course I have nothing to say to that. They are disabling a feature... that they already have fixed... but doesn't work apparently... Ya, that makes sense.

Anyways, the only person with an issue here is you, with me. If you don't like my opinion on your pretty little game, then ignore me. It's simple as that.

Nah. I'm just more interested with learning more about how your mind works.

What bigger issues? Battlelog? That seems to be your main complaint. And these wild ideas that the game is horribly broken and Metro is the only other map in existence.

BTW what the other user posted are clear fixes for issues. Simply choosing not to take the time to implement one fix into a 10 day beta is understandable. They clearly state it's resolved in the retail build. And it just goes to prove that you're wrong about DICE not fixing anything or that there will be all the same issues in retail.
 
What FOV are you guys running with 2560x1600 monitors?

Using the default which I think is 70... but not at that res. I tried the fix someone had posted and I didn't notice a difference. If anything I thought it created more graphical glitches.
 
password for caspian is

shoppingcartsareagoodride

good luck actually getting into one. last couple days i got into all the time but now probably cuz it got opened up it is much harder

Those passwords aren't supposed to be given out anymore.
So the people who are in, they're are clan members and workers of the industry.
They stay in the server without leaving so no one can get in if the password is leaked.
 
Nah. I'm just more interested with learning more about how your mind works.

What bigger issues? Battlelog? That seems to be your main complaint. And these wild ideas that the game is horribly broken and Metro is the only other map in existence.

BTW what the other user posted are clear fixes for issues. Simply choosing not to take the time to implement one fix into a 10 day beta is understandable. They clearly state it's resolved in the retail build. And it just goes to prove that you're wrong about DICE not fixing anything or that there will be all the same issues in retail.

Yes, yes, quite the psychologist you are. ;)

So, tell me now, while you're still attached to the DICE teat, if it is resolved in the final retail build, what are we testing a broken build for. Seriously now. I understand bug checking and such, but doesn't that seem a little redundant if it's already fixed in the disc version? Which has already been printed and slowly being distributed btw.

I never said that Metro is the only other map in existence, but it just seems odd that they have less than a month till release, and they have us testing ONE map publicly, that is horribly broken(oh but it's fixed in the retail, lolwtf). Metro(and caspian for that matter) are showing some serious bugs(lolfixedinretail), and these were the ones they choose to show off to the public. Seriously, an open-beta, while good for finding bugs, is mainly more of a "Hey, look this is that game were hyping up, now you can all get a taste, lookit how awesome it is!". You're kidding yourself if you don't see that.

So that leaves me to wonder what the state of the other maps is, so close to release(lolfixedinretail) and why the hell are we testing broken/bugged maps if the retail is fine? Why not let us find new bugs and problems instead of repeating what they apparently found out with little but internal testing?

No, battlelog is generally fine. If the kiddies want to share epeens together, let them. Browser launching is annoying, THAT is my main gripe. I want to be able to play SP freely, and from the looks of things that'll be tied into Battlelog, which mean it's logging BS stats that most people don't care about in SP, which also means I'm worried about being able to play my game OFFLINE.
 
I can't even form a proper opinion on the BETA since the damn mouse 1 and mouse 2 keys are (unmappable)hard-coded to be fire/zoom. If I use a program such as glovePIE to simulate them to something else...it still doesn't help me get around needing those same keys to function as forward/backward.

Even the BC2 BETA had mouse remapping possible, how is it not the case for the 2011 PC lead title Battlefield 3 BETA? I hope they patch this soon, wow.
 
Looks like I'm gonna have to add a 6970 to my 6990. This game is BUTTER on one monitor at 1920x1080 but in Eyefinity at 5760x1080 it lags badly. Anyone else here on Eyefinity and what settings do you use?
 
I can't even form a proper opinion on the BETA since the damn mouse 1 and mouse 2 keys are (unmappable)hard-coded to be fire/zoom. If I use a program such as glovePIE to simulate them to something else...it still doesn't help me get around needing those same keys to function as forward/backward.

Even the BC2 BETA had mouse remapping possible, how is it not the case for the 2011 PC lead title Battlefield 3 BETA? I hope they patch this soon, wow.


I used AutoHotKey to bind MOUSE2 to jump, SIDE MOUSE 1 to reload and a bunch of the numpad keys to other actions... Works perfectly

Edit: forgot to include the link, see if this helps you
 
Looks like I'm gonna have to add a 6970 to my 6990. This game is BUTTER on one monitor at 1920x1080 but in Eyefinity at 5760x1080 it lags badly. Anyone else here on Eyefinity and what settings do you use?

all low.
3840x800.
tried 5040x1050 but was unplayable.
this with 6870/6850 crossfire.
with the above howsoever it run great.

just hate rush mode.
its much like mw and cod games.
appeal to kids and I guess it makes ea rich.
Feel was great, still arcade game style and again appeal to kids.

sound is fabulous and superb.
guns sounds as guns should do and its like being on a battlefield.

Glitchy beta. and wtf do they mean by not being able to map key to mouse buttons?
and the need to be logged in to do changes to game?
gee.
 
I used AutoHotKey to bind MOUSE2 to jump, SIDE MOUSE 1 to reload and a bunch of the numpad keys to other actions... Works perfectly

Edit: forgot to include the link, see if this helps you

Thanks, but my issue isn't with just assigning them a different key. I need:

mouse1 = forward
mouse2 = backward
x = fire
s = zoom

If I emulate mouse1 = <something> and mouse 2 = <something> -- that fixes only half of the problem. I then need my Fire key (which is hardcoded to mouse1) to = X, Zoom key = S.
 
Thanks, but my issue isn't with just assigning them a different key. I need:

mouse1 = forward
mouse2 = backward
x = fire
s = zoom

If I emulate mouse1 = <something> and mouse 2 = <something> -- that fixes only half of the problem. I then need my Fire key (which is hardcoded to mouse1) to = X, Zoom key = S.

Oh I see what you're saying now... Yeah that sucks
 
Thanks, but my issue isn't with just assigning them a different key. I need:

mouse1 = forward
mouse2 = backward
x = fire
s = zoom

If I emulate mouse1 = <something> and mouse 2 = <something> -- that fixes only half of the problem. I then need my Fire key (which is hardcoded to mouse1) to = X, Zoom key = S.

Forgive me for asking, but why such unconventional controls?
 
I got into caspian played for like 30 minutes....

OMFG this game is gonna rock, Metro isnt even a polished turd compared to CB !!

So pumped for this game now !
 
I got into caspian played for like 30 minutes....

OMFG this game is gonna rock, Metro isnt even a polished turd compared to CB !!

So pumped for this game now !

Caspian is a helluva lot of fun. Much more in tune with the BF feeling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top