Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hacks are confirmed, there was even some faggot posting ads for them on the official BF3 UK forums. :rolleyes:

For some reason, even with the latest Nvidia drivers, SLI isn't working on this game. I am getting outstanding performance, but one video card is at 80C and the other is idling at 50 after hours of playing.

So do you think any of the levels will have buildings collapses like in Bad Company 2? So you can get Destruction kills etc.

Enjoy your POS. :rolleyes: I guess some people will just love a turd...even though it's a turd

Sounds like a person that didn't have the privilege to play Caspian earlier.
The map is miles beyond Metro.

Metro is Alpha compared to Caspian which feels like the real BF3 beta test.

So far, no complaints here. I love the game. Not BF2, not BC2 or MOH. It is a nice in between state. Could be better, but I am having fun. Cannot wait until release.

Anyone have the new Caspian password?

***Edit*** Saw that the pass is the same. I3D servers are a no go, however.

Last edited:
I dont know if it was the patch or the firewall exception I set, but I'm no longer getting connection timeouts and getting disconnected. I get an occasional texture flicker but it's not that bad at all and I've only noticed right after the map loads and before the round actually starts.

The flash light on the guns is a bit too exagurrated IMO and should be toned down a bit.

My only real gripe right now is I'm not at all a fan of RUSH mode. Can't wait to get some good ole' conquest going.

So apparently the servers with a bunch of sinkholes aren't resetting the map after each iteration - those "holes" are from prior games where nades / RPGs made holes, even though you can't see it any longer.

Still buggy, yes; but if you find the server operators who actually reset the map each time, so far pretty stable map after map.

Oh wow, people making hasty judgements on a BETA and assume that the game will NEVER be patched. Jesus people are fucking dumb as shit. Idiots said the same thing about Red Orchestra 2, and it's been patched left and right and it working quite well now, JUST as predicted. DICE are not Kotickvision, they will be on this game patching like flies on shit. It's a no brainer.

Anyone know when the open beta starts today? And if so, how we would go about downloading it? I assume through Origin and redeem a code maybe?

I just encountered a new one, the enemies best player was sliding around at a run in a prone position..

I just encountered a new one, the enemies best player was sliding around at a run in a prone position..

I just envisioned that in my mind, and I laughed.

Anyway, after 2 days of downloading (just as I suspected, damn shitty internet...), I might actually be able to play this.

So does anyone know when the open beta download will be available today (i am CET)? I saw somewhere that it might only be open for a couple of hours. Can anyone confirm?

According to bf3timer.com:

WHERE DO I GET THE BETA?
On PC, it will automatically appear in the Origin application's Free Games page.

HOW DO I INSTALL THE BETA?

ON PC, YOU FIRST INSTALL THE ORIGIN CLIENT (DIRECT DOWNLOAD, ~50MB: WWW.ORIGIN.COM/DOWNLOAD ) AND THEN INSTALL THE BETA FROM WITHIN THE ORIGIN CLIENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE HERE BEFORE THE BETA STARTS.

OK, easy enough :)

I saw something similar, but they were crouched and sliding around. I didn't bother trying to shoot them, it was funny just to watch.

So, anyone knows whats the minimum version for nVidia drivers to run this thing?

I get a message due to outdated driver, but all the newer ones has been giving me BSOD issues including the beta driver.

So I was able to play about 4 or 5 matches in a row on the conquest servers last night. Let me just say that if you have not played Caspian Border than you should reserve judgement on this game until you do. The difference between Caspian and Metro is night and day. The map is fuggin HUGE. Have to have a vehicle to traverse the map effectively. Jets are fun to jump in and fly but are easily shot down. The Heli's in BF3 are much easier to fly that BC2 but are also easily shot down. All of the vehicles have a good feel to them. The sounds are great on this map. Jets and Heli's flying overhead and many more explosions.
I was lucky and for the most part didn't expericence too much lag at all on the conquest server. My 570's in SLI were averaging between 65-75 FPS. This map is much more polished and less buggy than the metro map. I also had read that Caspian is not even going to be the biggest map.
Overall Caspian got my juices flowing for this game all over again. Don't cancel your preorders until you have the opportunity to play this map.

Browsing through this thread and youtube and it seems Dice is not implementing the option to be a commander?

So I was able to play about 4 or 5 matches in a row on the conquest servers last night. Let me just say that if you have not played Caspian Border than you should reserve judgement on this game until you do. The difference between Caspian and Metro is night and day. The map is fuggin HUGE. Have to have a vehicle to traverse the map effectively. Jets are fun to jump in and fly but are easily shot down. The Heli's in BF3 are much easier to fly that BC2 but are also easily shot down. All of the vehicles have a good feel to them. The sounds are great on this map. Jets and Heli's flying overhead and many more explosions.
I was lucky and for the most part didn't expericence too much lag at all on the conquest server. My 570's in SLI were averaging between 65-75 FPS. This map is much more polished and less buggy than the metro map. I also had read that Caspian is not even going to be the biggest map.
Overall Caspian got my juices flowing for this game all over again. Don't cancel your preorders until you have the opportunity to play this map.

Sounds great, just 50 minutes till the Open Beta is up!

So, anyone knows whats the minimum version for nVidia drivers to run this thing?

I get a message due to outdated driver, but all the newer ones has been giving me BSOD issues including the beta driver.

I ran the alpha on 266.58, and I would simply ignore the warning message. I would get an occasional game freeze, but hey it's better than a BSOD.

Think I figured out the 15 minute disconnect issue, I'll just repost what I wrote on battlelog:

Here's a potential fix: Go to Windows firewall settings (type firewall into start menu search and hit enter), go to inbound rules, find the battlefield 3 rules (I have 4 of them on my system) and for each one, open properties, go to advanced, and at the bottom where it has an area for 'edge traversal' change the option to 'allow edge traversal' and hit OK. This was the same fix for a similar problem in the crysis 2 beta, which was almost identical, disconnects after 10-15 minutes every time you joined a server, and is probably the same kind of bug.

I did this yesterday and played an hour long game, then I updated the beta to the new version and I got the disconnects again, because I didn't know new firewall rules got added for the new BF3 beta version, I did the fix for the additional BF3 rules today, and just played an hour+ game, after getting disconnects all night before I edited the new BF3 firewall rules.

Originally I didn't think edge traversal was the issue, because when I updated the beta it added new BF3 rules and I got the disconnects again, but now I think it is the issue, same thing a lot of people were getting in Crysis 2 (or the beta).

Overall: disappoint

Gameplay: Buggy as hell. I am always stuck in the ground, flashing screen, the flashlight is brighter than the sun outdoors, people end up "gliding" instead of walking, the "jumping over stuff" animations are super lame.

Graphics: They looked better in the preview videos (probably pre-rendered, or single player). Overall they are OK, but it feels very "Consoleish." I am playing at 1920x1200 on Ultra settings.

Sound: The sound is actually pretty good. They did a nice job balancing ambient noise with gunfire. It is more realistic than most games I have played

Controls: Nothing really new here.I turned on "click to zoom" instead of "click & hold to zoom"

Hopefully the final release is a bit more polished. :cool:

edit: I have only played Metro Map

Really? You don't want the sun to blind you? This game is far far away from hyper-realistic already. I don't have a problem seeing anything.

That's just one of the complaints. And if you want the sun to blind people... have it move. But it doesn't move.

And if you want it realistic enough where the sun can blind you. Why can people jump to prone and continue shooting? Why can people hop around and shoot? Why can they hop over obstacles and shoot?

Fine let them shoot. But there should be a HUGE inaccuracy while doing so... yet there isn't.

That's just one of the complaints. And if you want the sun to blind people... have it move. But it doesn't move.

And if you want it realistic enough where the sun can blind you. Why can people jump to prone and continue shooting? Why can people hop around and shoot? Why can they hop over obstacles and shoot?

Fine let them shoot. But there should be a HUGE inaccuracy while doing so... yet there isn't.

lol The only realistic thing about this game is the sun blinding you. Go play another game with poor lighting effects if it doesn't suit you.

Love tearing up people in the helicopters..

Overall: disappoint

Gameplay: Buggy as hell. I am always stuck in the ground, flashing screen, the flashlight is brighter than the sun outdoors, people end up "gliding" instead of walking, the "jumping over stuff" animations are super lame.

Graphics: They looked better in the preview videos (probably pre-rendered, or single player). Overall they are OK, but it feels very "Consoleish." I am playing at 1920x1200 on Ultra settings.

Sound: The sound is actually pretty good. They did a nice job balancing ambient noise with gunfire. It is more realistic than most games I have played

Controls: Nothing really new here.I turned on "click to zoom" instead of "click & hold to zoom"

Hopefully the final release is a bit more polished. :cool:

edit: I have only played Metro Map

When you play Caspian, things will change.

I have quiet opposite experience with Caspian, while the map is nice and all I found it's laggy as hell along with screen flickering, texture popping.....I barely have any of these issues with Metro btw.

I have quiet opposite experience with Caspian, while the map is nice and all I found it's laggy as hell along with screen flickering, texture popping.....I barely have any of these issues with Metro btw.

Weird. I did find one server to be extremely laggy on Caspian though, but it was just that one server.

Got to log on last night and crashed a few minutes after getting in games every time. Had the flickering issue but resolved it by going to medium settings and turning Hbao off. As for battlelog, I like it. It has it's problems, but over all I can see it being a kick ass system. Once I learn everything to it, I am sure I will enjoy it even more. No cuts to sit through, my login info is saved so I don't have to wait as long, and the social network seems like it will be great for clans. Don't know why a lot of you are bitching about it.

the first few caspian servers I joined were terrible... rubber banding and tons of lag. Played it as long as I could stand just to take everything in that I could.

Then later in the night tried an east coast US server and it was like night and day. Silky smooth and no major issues or bugs to be seen. It was 10x more polished than that shitty metro map :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back