• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall: disappoint

Gameplay: Buggy as hell. I am always stuck in the ground, flashing screen, the flashlight is brighter than the sun outdoors, people end up "gliding" instead of walking, the "jumping over stuff" animations are super lame.

Graphics: They looked better in the preview videos (probably pre-rendered, or single player). Overall they are OK, but it feels very "Consoleish." I am playing at 1920x1200 on Ultra settings.

Sound: The sound is actually pretty good. They did a nice job balancing ambient noise with gunfire. It is more realistic than most games I have played

Controls: Nothing really new here.I turned on "click to zoom" instead of "click & hold to zoom"

Hopefully the final release is a bit more polished. :cool:

edit: I have only played Metro Map

I don't know why they even used that build of Metro to demo the game as buggy as it is. I can guarantee you that Caspian is freaking epic and looks beautiful. I can't even run the highest settings, so I can just imagine what it would look like with a 580. It doesn't have any of the bugs that the Metro map is plagued with.
 
I fucking hate this game after getting some time into it. Its buggy as shit, yea, yea beta my ass... this is a sign of things to come. Love the flicker / flashing screens, thanks Nvidia... those drivers blow.

"Features" I love....
Dying 10 steps after turning a corner, love the delay in damage. One hit kills on me, when it takes a clip to kill them when shooting them in the head. Too much blur, too much bloom, clunky mechanics make this feel like a b studio game. Stutter / micro stutter that has plagued BF BC2, the game feels hitchy. About the only thing I like are the sounds, they did a great job with the sounds, too bad the rest of the game blows. Spawning when there is an enemy camping you is awesome. I love dying 10 times in a row trying to spawn. The game could change the spawn point at least. What objective? Was there a point... since everyone is just camping prone... I guess they all forgot we had a purpose not just kills.

DICE has to be the worst game developer ever. I had such high hopes... I know MW3 will be the same shit engine, same game play all over again - but seriously after the alpha and beta of this pos I guess I'll take it...I have no choice.

I think the build that they are using on the Metro map is old. The Caspian map doesn't suffer from any of those problems. You should try getting into one of those matches.
 
No commander but from what I read Squad Leaders will have an ability to call in arty strikes.

Good to know, I guess that means Engineers have one less thing to do and that is to repair the satellites. Looking forward to playing Karkand
 
Oh ok lol, wasn't sure if that post was legit or not since Im at work. Will try when I get off later today. /me crosses fingers. :D
 
[quote zh1nt0 said:]Yes Ladies and Gentlemen :)

The password is: videokilledtheradiostar (all in small)[/quote]
 
I've tried what others have suggested to update the game but I don't get the option to update when I right click on the game. This is after restarting origin and refreshing games list. No option to update exists.
 
im pretty sure there isnt an update. its a bug with origin that re-downloads the game again.

I don't believe that to be the case, I ran the two beta directories through a file hash checker I wrote, and there are 1087 unique files out of 3,292 total.
 
I don't know why they even used that build of Metro to demo the game as buggy as it is. I can guarantee you that Caspian is freaking epic and looks beautiful. I can't even run the highest settings, so I can just imagine what it would look like with a 580. It doesn't have any of the bugs that the Metro map is plagued with.

You're cpu limited, this guy plays on ultra setttings just fine judging from his video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kwJK1KedEPs

i7 920 - 2 x gtx470 in SLI

RO2 + BF3, 2 solid reasons to buy a i5 2500k and overclock it SKY HIGH :D
 
I've tried what others have suggested to update the game but I don't get the option to update when I right click on the game. This is after restarting origin and refreshing games list. No option to update exists.

Same here. Tried last night and tried again this morning after a reboot. nada. I downloaded the beta 7+ hours after it became available, so maybe I already have the update???
 
[H]ocusPocus;1037812067 said:
Same here. Tried last night and tried again this morning after a reboot. nada. I downloaded the beta 7+ hours after it became available, so maybe I already have the update???

I checked this morning and here was no option to check for updates. I downloaded the Beta when it became available on the 27th.
 
So I've played for an hour or two each of the last 2 nights. The experience was quite different each night.

The first night:
- frequent disconnects (fixed with disabling uPnP on router)
- noticed 1 bush on Metro shaking like Shakira :)
- no other significant glitches

The second night:
- Noticed frequent white flashes on one server
- Encountered multiple sink holes on another server
- Overall an annoying night :)

Still, I am expecting to have alot of fun with this game when it is released!
 
I'm downloading right now. I went to 'Store' in Origin and clicked on the banner advertising the BF3 Beta. It automatically launched into the download.

I'm in CDT, US.
 
The ground clipping, banding is ridiculous right now, i hope they fix this. I dont know how many times id go prone after running near a hill or rock and I'd end up below the map and struggling like hell to escape so i could continue playing without suiciding.

Also would just get stuck in random parts of maps where the screen would just jitter all over until i got unstuck.
 
open beta opened, so EA/origin is getting hammered, probably due to that... Once everyone gets it, itll probably settle down..
 
I keep getting a "You do not meet the requirements to download this game"

Anyone have any idea what this message could be talking about as my computer from a hardware perspective meets the requirements.
 
wow, very quick download. Getting 2.6MB/s, only gonna take like 15 min at this rate to dl the beta :D
 
Don't judge the game by metro alone. Wait until you play Caspian Border. You score less points and get less kills but this map is amazingly fun with all of the vehicles. Metro is fun but the first section is so buggy that it can totally ruin your experience of the game.

Since all game modes are available on all maps, I am curious on how conquest is going to work on the Metro map.:confused:
 
How are you guys getting on Caspian? I filter it by that map and it's all "EA TESTING" locked servers. Metro is boring as hell.
 
Don't judge the game by metro alone. Wait until you play Caspian Border. You score less points and get less kills but this map is amazingly fun with all of the vehicles. Metro is fun but the first section is so buggy that it can totally ruin your experience of the game.

Since all game modes are available on all maps, I am curious on how conquest is going to work on the Metro map.:confused:

They said on the Gamespot stream the other day Metro is not a conquest map.
 
I snuck into a Caspian server for a round last night... 100x better than metro. Truly a Gigantic map.

Seeing enemies against the terrain of caspian was rough at times, you can definetely hide in brush and shadows if you wanted.
 
The ground clipping, banding is ridiculous right now, i hope they fix this. I dont know how many times id go prone after running near a hill or rock and I'd end up below the map and struggling like hell to escape so i could continue playing without suiciding.

Also would just get stuck in random parts of maps where the screen would just jitter all over until i got unstuck.

This is cause the server hosts arent properly restarting the maps and your running into holes made from the previous rounds by explosives. Some of the hosts are doing it properly but some arent.
 
I snuck into a Caspian server for a round last night... 100x better than metro. Truly a Gigantic map.

Seeing enemies against the terrain of caspian was rough at times, you can definetely hide in brush and shadows if you wanted.

There are many beautiful spots in Caspian too....
 
Posted this in the console subforum, so it's limited to the console beta and the Rush gametype & map:


I just finished my first round. It seems to take far less firepower to put somebody down than BFBC2. Finished 17-7 and third on my team in a losing round as the Attacking side. So pro.

The interface for class and kit selection is fucking awful. The one for BFBC2 worked fine...I do not understand the logic for the BF3 one at all. You'll know what I mean once you test it out for yourself.

Graphics are pretty damn ordinary, and outright terrible in places (your killer's forearms in the killcam, for example).

The game feels like a cross between BFBC2 and MOH...but this is probably due to the game mode and the complete absence of vehicles. It reminds me of MOH very much with regards to the selection of weapons, and the closed-in feeling of the OpM map.

A weird bug - a couple of times the game would not let me aim down the sights. Had to hip-fire until my next respawn.
 
There are many beautiful spots in Caspian too....

Yes there are. Like that one station I got a 12 kill streak at. Would have gotten more, but I ran out of ammo and had to run out in the open to grab a weapon to continue with. Tank got me.

:(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top