Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shitty fucking day. Graphics card did not come... now two days overdue. Now I have no beta key and the wait to talk to someone is over an hour. :mad:

If this is not the the latest version of the game, then what is the point of this beta test? And what exactly is being tested? :confused:

I know you only have the one map with beta... but does it follow the long/narrow format of bc2? That drove me crazy after the giant el-alamien (or however the hell you spell it) formats from the earlier games.

Put me in the group that hates the battlelog. Ugh, horrible. Switching between that and the game itself is horribly clumsy. This does not feel like a triple-a title right now. Sure it's beta, but core functions are not working properly.

It almost looks like they threw the battlelog together at the last moment and said "oh just make it a browser window". I don't like it, sorry.

Now, I go back to trying to find a server that isn't full or doesn't kick me out after a few minutes of playing.

Well I haven't tried it yet but judging from the pictures of the map overview and the fact that this is rush, yes I guess you can say it is narrow format.

I know you only have the one map with beta... but does it follow the long/narrow format of bc2? That drove me crazy after the giant el-alamien (or however the hell you spell it) formats from the earlier games.

Yup it's called Rush mode on a close quarters map

Is the FOV slider locked for everyone else also? It might be my drivers(haven't updated to the latest nvidia betas) but the map, ammo counter - basically everything on my HUD is stretched off screen. Playing at 2560 x 1440 res.

Rush maps are always one long narrow map. Conquest mode is open maps with capture points and is what El Alamein was.

It would've been a better test if it was a 64 player map with everything turned on! :mad:
I would have liked that, but I trust DICE/EA with how they are dealing with testing instead of my guessing.

As bad as it seems right now, at least they are giving us the chance to give them feedback. Instead of people complaining and cancelling preorders, we should be sending them constructive feedback instead of bashing.

2043 in the que...

LOL! I just got my Beta key from MoH LE that I registered on Origin the other day. I was staring at the bar as it slowly filled for the download, but if there is a queue then it's pointless to stare any longer.

So while I wait are there many improvements from the Alpha? Or is it same ol' same ol' but just a lot more people.

Yay, another CTD. Only been able to finish 2 rounds, so far. Inexplicable game crashes, ugh.

I am not going to review the game until I try 64-player conquest on hardcore mode late October. I don't care for 32-player rush in a Battlefield game.

Where is that thread to organize [H]ard|OCP members on Origin? I currently have 0 friends on origin and since the import from XBL doesn't work I need to manually add them.

Rush maps are always one long narrow map. Conquest mode is open maps with capture points and is what El Alamein was.

The rush maps I can understand. Sort of. I like the idea of being able to infiltrate from the sides/behind... nevermind though, beside the point. But it seemed like all the game types in bc2 were ... narrow. Or maybe linear is a better description.

You could sneak around and take the far point, but it was basically in line with the first, second and third points. Not way off over to the left, or in a pass going over a mountain.

Anyone figure out how to manually change keys?? I cannot re-bind my mouse or any of my extra keys...:(

Really hating how people bump into you all the time and move you. I've been moved a few feet and it fucks things up.

Also, getting a lot of lag death.

um anyone else get middle mouse button to bind? Tried to bind it to jump, but every column i try nothing registers..

Has anyone else been gobbled up by the Green Monster?

The ground opens up and swallow your legs. If you're prone, you just fall right through.

Overall Feeling: Average

Can you actually rebind tab in the game this time? lol

Kinda bummed that I woke up early to play and every beta server is topped off and I am like 1160 in queue lol

What I don't like is the fact that you have to spawn first before you can tweak the options. I died numerous times while tweaking settings.

Better than me. I had to spawn, configuring my settings and it kicked me for being afk...

So I tried the search and no answer.but I preordered from game stop months ago 2 LE's and got into the alpha.I was also guaranteed a beta key(no email yet)will i get my beta key two days after you?

So I tried the search and no answer.but I preordered from game stop months ago 2 LE's and got into the alpha.I was also guaranteed a beta key(no email yet)will i get my beta key two days after you?

If im not mistaken the early access is for digital origin preorders.

Just purchased the game on Origin. Hopefully it isn't too late to get into the beta. Tried their free to play Battlefield. Wasn't having much fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back