Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
got to work, poured my coffee, logged on to [H] to see some BF3 Beta screens.....sifted through 8 pages of sorrow and tears.

i have my key ready and waiting, just need to get through the work day! you whores should post some screens for those of us stuck at work.

FCKKKKKKKKKK ( this is what im dealing with now after the install and after it asks you download the plugin! )

dfafa.jpg

anyone else get that error message when trying quick match ?????????

Same. I'm off to work, EA can't get a beta to work. hehe

I can get to queue but when I get to 5th in line, it goes back to 21th in line..............

8th in queue, 28th in queue, 12th in queue, 5th in queue, 25th in queue.

Generic code -2 has occurred.

What a joke. lol.

The BC2 server browser was screwed up for months.........remember?...what did you expect from EA.

Yeah I just got ingame... the error went away... give it time boys... it's the same map as the Alpha

Really EA, 5 fucking servers for the US? Really? 2m+ to play on FIVE FUCKING SERVERS??????????????????????

REALLY?

and then it crashes........................................................ now i have to go back in que....

just got the e-mail.... why didn't I install logmein Iast night

Logged in to my home PC via my Android after getting the e-mail and entered my key into Origin, downloaded over a 50Mbps pipe and will be playing when I get off work, hopefully. :D

I got in finally, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did in that vr-zone 1080p video even though I maxed everything. I also can't figure out how to say anything in-game... there's no keybind in the options even though I've seen people chatting. Additionally can't bind mouse 4/5 buttons which is aggravating as I use those for sprint/crouch in BFBC2 on the side of my mouse. Is there some bug with the game's settings, or is it really going to look this bad? It doesn't even appear as good as BFBC2 to me. I got disconnected eventually, which is why I'm here, trying to get back in.

All servers I'm trying now have huge queues, and it keeps erroring when trying to enter... combined with the late keys, cruddy chat CS I encountered, etc. I'm pretty annoyed.

I'm running everything medium, 2xAA, 16xAF, ambient occlusion off, motion blur off @ 1080p getting 30-50 FPS depending on what's going on with the rig in my sig.

Typically hovers around 40-45 most of the time.

I got in finally, but it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did in that vr-zone 1080p video even though I maxed everything. I also can't figure out how to say anything in-game... there's no keybind in the options even though I've seen people chatting. Additionally can't bind mouse 4/5 buttons which is aggravating as I use those for sprint/crouch in BFBC2 on the side of my mouse. Is there some bug with the game's settings, or is it really going to look this bad? It doesn't even appear as good as BFBC2 to me. I got disconnected eventually, which is why I'm here, trying to get back in.

Are you using the new video drivers that were just released for AMD/nvidia? It's a possiblity if you aren't they are locking settings on older drivers.

Are you using the new video drivers that were just released for AMD/nvidia? It's a possiblity if you aren't they are locking settings on older drivers.

Yep, I'm using the new nvidia 285.38's. It just isn't that good-looking :(. I'll post shots soon.

I'm excited to see more posts from people who have actually played and can comment on settings/performance.

Quick match appears to be the only way of joining a server right now with the code 2/4 error. "welcome to 65th in que"

I was hoping I would be wrong about the graphics sucking but I guess not :(

I just don't understand, it can't be that fucking hard to code better graphics than a six year old game (crysis).

Do you see any difference between ultra/high and low settings?

Nope, I just screenshotted the low and ultra presets to compare, texture resolution and environment detail appears identical. I'd say the quality level settings are 100% bugged.

I'm running everything medium, 2xAA, 16xAF, ambient occlusion off, motion blur off @ 1080p getting 30-50 FPS depending on what's going on with the rig in my sig.

Typically hovers around 40-45 most of the time.

medium? damn my laptop might need all low.

You sir thought ahead....

Logged in to my home PC via my Android after getting the e-mail and entered my key into Origin, downloaded over a 50Mbps pipe and will be playing when I get off work, hopefully. :D

Nope, I just screenshotted the low and ultra presets to compare, texture resolution and environment detail appears identical. I'd say the quality level settings are 100% bugged.

Yea, that's what I figured (and hoped). Much better than the settings being ok, and the game just looking bad..

I was hoping I would be wrong about the graphics sucking but I guess not :(

I just don't understand, it can't be that fucking hard to code better graphics than a six year old game (crysis).

Crysis is only 4 years old, FYI.

Anyway, got my code, downloading the beta at a whopping 140KB/s.

I hate you all.

Then cancel your preorder and don't play.

:rolleyes:

If it was up to me, they wouldn't even include low so chumps like you couldn't afford to play.

I'm not buying the game for the graphics - I'm buying it because it's fun. But innovation in technology is a good thing, and if you don't want to support it, well the world needs morons out there to provide human capital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back