Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this does have a single player AI, I hope that means we can play the multiplayer with bots, just like we able to in BF2.

Multiplayer bots would be a godsend. Server owners could setup something like 16 bots to help keep a server populated and to keep people interested. Make them equivalent to normal or easy difficulty level in sp. They would then be booted one by one as soon as the real player count met certain levels. I have noticed time and time again that people won't join servers unless a minimum player count is reached. In BC2 rush and conquest mode that number seems to be around 10 players on a smaller map and atleast 15 on the larger maps.

The 12 minute was awesome! BF3 MP will hopefully deliver and the return to huge battlefield enivornments actions will hopefully be delivered enjoyably too.

Just saw the commercial during the NBA playoffs..Im stoked!

Wait, are you saying they paid for a 12-minute commercial slot at the interval of a major sporting event? If that's the case why is EA still publishing games? If just their marketing department has a big enough budget to afford that, the entire company must have enough to buy the planet.

Multiplayer bots would be a godsend. Server owners could setup something like 16 bots to help keep a server populated and to keep people interested. Make them equivalent to normal or easy difficulty level in sp. They would then be booted one by one as soon as the real player count met certain levels. I have noticed time and time again that people won't join servers unless a minimum player count is reached. In BC2 rush and conquest mode that number seems to be around 10 players on a smaller map and atleast 15 on the larger maps.

Oh hell no. Nothing is worse then joining a CS:S server full of bots. A complete waste of time.

Bots are the worst idea ever. It annoys the crap out of me when I join a server and it's full of bots. Immediately disconnect and go somewhere else.

12-minute video was great but the only thing that kind of let me down graphically was when he was shooting the mounted .50 cal right before the buildings colapse, the bullets coming out of the ammo box aren't animated...looked kind of hokey

Other than that, everything else looks and sounds fantastic

12-minute video was great but the only thing that kind of let me down graphically was when he was shooting the mounted .50 cal right before the buildings colapse, the bullets coming out of the ammo box aren't animated...looked kind of hokey

Yeah, it was the same way with that LMG he was carrying around. The belt feeding into it isn't moving at all. I'm sure they'll fix this before release.. no way they could miss that. They even moved in BF2.

Oh hell no. Nothing is worse then joining a CS:S server full of bots. A complete waste of time.

If the bots were smart and adaptable enough it wouldn't bother me. But I haven't played against the CSS bots so I dunno, lol.

I think it would be really cool to have NPC's in multiplayer. Like in Wake Island, have the US carrier populated with other military personnel. Or if it's conquest, as soon as you cap a point it populates with American personnel and if it's uncapped they get evicted (and replaced with Chinese, or vice versa).

I think it would be really cool to have NPC's in multiplayer. Like in Wake Island, have the US carrier populated with other military personnel. Or if it's conquest, as soon as you cap a point it populates with American personnel and if it's uncapped they get evicted (and replaced with Chinese, or vice versa).

yea like Arma 2

I cant wait to rape you all with jets!

I .50 cal pilots out of jets all day which reminds me of my greatest BF2 moment ever. My buddy and I were playing together on separate teams on Gulf of Oman and I was on top of the huge crane in the middle sniping people off so my friend came over with a helicopter to kill me. He was kind of hovering in front of me so I decided to take a random shot with my .50 cal, unexpectedly killing him. It totally suprised both of us because we never knew you could kill people through the cockpits with snipers (at least the .50 cal). Oh so many good memories playing BF2.

my favorite moment of BF2.

me and about 9 other guys that regularly played together, 2 squads of guys, all apparently engineers at just the right moment.

In FuShe Pass, we were at the top of a hill by one of the gazebos.
a helicopter comes up into view over the top of the hill. and all 5 of us as engineers popped up from a crouch and launch rockets at the chopper.

that was single handledly the greatest team kill I'd witnessed in a long time. I wish I'd had fraps or something running just to remember that in video forever.

I .50 cal pilots out of jets all day which reminds me of my greatest BF2 moment ever. My buddy and I were playing together on separate teams on Gulf of Oman and I was on top of the huge crane in the middle sniping people off so my friend came over with a helicopter to kill me. He was kind of hovering in front of me so I decided to take a random shot with my .50 cal, unexpectedly killing him. It totally suprised both of us because we never knew you could kill people through the cockpits with snipers (at least the .50 cal). Oh so many good memories playing BF2.

I dislike this aspect...while a .50 cal can realistically penetrate aircraft cockpits...it would never happen as there are too many variables that have to be accounted for...especially sniping a pilot out of a fixed wing aircraft that is actively flying around.

Well, the commentary was useless.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is flower pots. I need more flower pots! :rolleyes:

Would be nice if they could lead without scripting everything all to hell. If this is a game where, if you restart a segment, your squad members take the exact same positions, and the enemies show up at the same locations at the same time, and all the same things blow up, there should be mandatory -2 points on a 10-point scale in all reviews.

Heck, make it -3.

Hah, there are some youtube "commentators" crying up a mighty whinge-storm about getting jipped by DICE and the PC crowd in having no console footage out yet, getting smaller maps and only 24-player counts.

Why should DICE invest in giving the console versions huge maps and high player counts when COD's pathetic 6v6 in tin-shed maps is rampantly popular, and then epic-scale console FPS games like MAG flop? There is simply not a big enough market for BF2-style online FPS games as it stands on consoles unless they finally start to reject COD and Halo en masse. Right now, Homefront and Bad Company 2 are at the very edge of what the majority of that crowd can handle.

my favorite moment of BF2.

me and about 9 other guys that regularly played together, 2 squads of guys, all apparently engineers at just the right moment.

In FuShe Pass, we were at the top of a hill by one of the gazebos.
a helicopter comes up into view over the top of the hill. and all 5 of us as engineers popped up from a crouch and launch rockets at the chopper.

that was single handledly the greatest team kill I'd witnessed in a long time. I wish I'd had fraps or something running just to remember that in video forever.

HAHA, nice man... Our squad does the same thing all the time using AT4's on isla or valpo in BC2... It's awesome to see all 4 rockets move in and hit the heli at the same time... Once we do this 2-3 times the noob pilots give up and leave the heli's parked lol.

I cant believe I didnt spot this the first time around but they have the reload procedure for the M16 wrong. When you run out of rounds, the bolt locks to the rear so once you put a fresh mag in you can just hit the bolt catch on the left side of the rifle to let the bolt slide home and chamber another round. you CAN pull the charging handle like the animation does but its highly inefficient and clunky. Guess I should say its procedurally wrong...you'll never see anyone reload like that, especially in an intense situation.

I cant believe I didnt spot this the first time around but they have the reload procedure for the M16 wrong. When you run out of rounds, the bolt locks to the rear so once you put a fresh mag in you can just hit the bolt catch on the left side of the rifle to let the bolt slide home and chamber another round. you CAN pull the charging handle like the animation does but its highly inefficient and clunky. Guess I should say its procedurally wrong...you'll never see anyone reload like that, especially in an intense situation.

That's an option, and the way it used to be drilled from what I know. Apparently some people stick with it as a force of habit and prefer the reassurance they get with the positive feedback from using the charging handle. I guess whoever demonstrated the reload procedure to the developers was trained to use this fashion over slapping the side. Some people I've seen can argue that it's a surer way of getting the round chambered and they don't want to rely on a smack in a firefight or something, but I don't really have any opinion on that.

That's an option, and the way it used to be drilled from what I know. Apparently some people stick with it as a force of habit and prefer the reassurance they get with the positive feedback from using the charging handle. I guess whoever demonstrated the reload procedure to the developers was trained to use this fashion over slapping the side. Some people I've seen can argue that it's a surer way of getting the round chambered and they don't want to rely on a smack in a firefight or something, but I don't really have any opinion on that.

One of the many problems with you Army boys. :D

I complained about this earlier in the thread. You should only be hitting the bolt release when inserting a fresh mag. I think it was done just so the uneducated console masses can go all gooey eyed over locking and loading as it has been engrained into us by stupid movies where you cock guns every 5 seconds and when you move them around in the air, they make even more cocking sounds.

I dislike this aspect...while a .50 cal can realistically penetrate aircraft cockpits...it would never happen as there are too many variables that have to be accounted for...especially sniping a pilot out of a fixed wing aircraft that is actively flying around.

This...small arms fire shouldn't be what takes a plane/chopper down...

I complained about this earlier in the thread. You should only be hitting the bolt release when inserting a fresh mag. I think it was done just so the uneducated console masses can go all gooey eyed over locking and loading as it has been engrained into us by stupid movies where you cock guns every 5 seconds and when you move them around in the air, they make even more cocking sounds.

That happens like how you say it should a couple of times in the Fault Line Episode 1 video.

Dangit man after seein the trailers I really don't feel like playin BC2 anymore...I have missed all the action of subs/carriers/AC130/jets/choppers since 1942/BF2 and Desert Combat....this one is gonna be epic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back