Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my steam is using 18mb, I have 94 games installed, please... :rolleyes:

The number of games you have installed is irrelevant. It depends entirely on what you're doing with the client at the time.

On average Origin does consume more memory than Steam and has fewer features. But let's try and get some perspective -Origin is one month to Steam's what, seven years?

In any case, someone do something about this fallguy nonsense. I don't like sharing my world wide web with people that are that bad at things.

Finally got my Gun Club code. Will I have to cancel my pre-order and redo it or do you think their support can help?

I also got my gun club email just now.

I read the fine print and it says they expire on July 31st lol...

I gave mine to a friend instead. I'll let them fight it out.

(I already cancelled and re-pre-re-ordered once to get the free game deal... a game which I can't play because the SP FOV is locked... ridiculous)

I received my Gun Club 25% off code today as well. When I went to enter the code while preordering BF3, it didn't take. However, using the Chat Support from customer service did the trick. They gave me a new code to use (which he said he can only do once) and it worked. :)

I received my Gun Club 25% off code today as well. When I went to enter the code while preordering BF3, it didn't take. However, using the Chat Support from customer service did the trick. They gave me a new code to use (which he said he can only do once) and it worked. :)

Oh well that sucks, i was hoping it would work for BF3. I just got the code today as well (already chatted and got 20% off code) so was hoping to give code to my friend so he could get BF3 for $40.

If anyone has a Gun Club code they could pass my way I'd appreciate it. I had to hold off on pre-ordering due to funds and wound up missing out on the free games. :(

Got an email code, tried it and doesnt work. Got on EA chat, was on Tier 2 waiting for 45 minutes, then got kicked from the session for no reason. Got back on, fought with some guy from Tier 1 using Google Translate for another half hour. He did nothing for me, so I told him to transfer me to Tier 2... again. Looks like 20 bucks off is going to cost me 2 hours or more, if at all.

Got an email code, tried it and doesnt work. Got on EA chat, was on Tier 2 waiting for 45 minutes, then got kicked from the session for no reason. Got back on, fought with some guy from Tier 1 using Google Translate for another half hour. He did nothing for me, so I told him to transfer me to Tier 2... again. Looks like 20 bucks off is going to cost me 2 hours or more, if at all.

Apparently the $15 off is worth it to you?

Yep its worth it to me, and after 2 hours I finally got to talk to Tier 2, the guy was cool and gave me a new code ricky-tick. 25% off.

Yeah I also wouldn't worry about Origin. I don't have Steam or any games from them, but whatever game I end up playing that required Steam to be installed Razor1911/Skidrow/etc... were always on top of that with a quick fix.

yeah I just got my two emails today from the gun club

1 - with a 25% off code

2 - a code for free EA game (dead space2, mass efect 2, medal of honor)

even though the expiration dates say 7/31/11 - the Dead Space 2 code worked perfectly. I've had BF3 pre-ordered for a week now via origin, and the live support guy told me that it can't be applied to BF3... (oh well)

I got a free game so that takes the sting out of paying 60 bucks.

EA just ran me off after suspending a friend of mine from having online access to his games for an absolute JOKE of a forum violation (remember when they did it to the DA2 guy? theys still doing it!) - I will not be touching BF3 until it hits the $15 bin, if ever.

EA just ran me off after suspending a friend of mine from having online access to his games for an absolute JOKE of a forum violation (remember when they did it to the DA2 guy? theys still doing it!) - I will not be touching BF3 until it hits the $15 bin, if ever.

Yeah, that policy is insane. I can't believe someone at EA thought that was a reasonable policy.

Banned from the forums? Sure. Banned from the game for trolling forums? Really? Some policy maker thought that was reasonable? Really?

Idiots everywhere.

I agree though, just stay off the forums (the UK one is MUCH better anyway).

Sweet, just got the thank you gift for pre-ordering through origin too! Just started downloading Medal of Honor as I already own Deadspace 2 and Im not a fan of the mass effect series. Old game but still cool of them to do this.

Your friend should drop a note to some of the mainstream news sites, especially seeing as EA swore black and blue that the first incident was a mistake.

Your friend should drop a note to some of the mainstream news sites, especially seeing as EA swore black and blue that the first incident was a mistake.

Trust me, I've told him that and I've also told him to talk to a lawyer because I consider what they are doing to be a form of theft. I don't hang out on EA forums and I don't care to, but I WILL NOT give a company with that kind of nazi operation (ironically, thats the word that supposedly got him in trouble, I wonder what EA calls the Medal of Honor Allied Assault enemies!) ANY of my cash.

Unfortunately, all my gaming press leads have dried up since I was covering the FPS mod scene, otherwise I'd already have passed his story on.

Last edited:
I was just offered a free game from Origin for pre-ordering early(only two weeks ago).
Same games as the Alpha testers. ME2, DS2 and MOH. It's for all of August. I didn't have DS2 already so I choose that.
Paid $44.99 for everything plus beta, now a free game. Get keeps getting better with Origin.

Here's a link to pre-order and still get a free game. The EA Gun Club may or may not have the 25% off coupon if you sign up.
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/ht...=eag3024?om_u=2280076304&om_i=_BOO0eZB8cqABMG

hVsVq.png

Last edited:
Fuck me. I had no idea of the capabilities of the terrain deformation of BF3:
Creating fox holes with C4

OMFG the possibilities. BF3 keeps getting better and better.

I was just offered a free game from Origin for pre-ordering early(only two weeks ago).
Same games as the Alpha testers. ME2, DS2 and MOH. It's for all of August. I didn't have DS2 already so I choose that.
Paid $44.99 for everything plus beta, now a free game. Get keeps getting better with Origin.

Here's a link to pre-order and still get a free game. The EA Gun Club may or may not have the 25% off coupon if you sign up.
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/ht...=eag3024?om_u=2280076304&om_i=_BOO0eZB8cqABMG

hVsVq.png

OK, if Origin keeps that up then I can forgive EA a bit. That's what I was saying at the beginning, catch more flies with honey.

Didn't get a gun club discount but I got the free game offer.

Went with Dead Space 2 since I already got MoH and ME2. Pre-ordered BF3 with a 25% off coupon EA gave me for my birthday last fall.

So i take it that the consensus is that our 25% off emails are not working with BF3? I want to give my code to my friend for that purpose but if it doesnt work i should shoot off a email to EA to see if i can get a replacement that will.

So i take it that the consensus is that our 25% off emails are not working with BF3? I want to give my code to my friend for that purpose but if it doesnt work i should shoot off a email to EA to see if i can get a replacement that will.

You can try live chat, and see what they can do.

Account A: Main Solider
Account B-D: use to dick around with or hack.

One solider, less likely to hack or dick around.

Negatives: Multi-gamer homes can only use one account.
Can't start over or have a clan specific solider. Handcuffed like a console gamer.

I think many things are far away from being official, and some Origin specific rules could be changed between now and launch. Cross-fingers.
Once the Beta is open, what ever we see there is pretty much how the game will be.

A lot of players make new soldiers after reaching lvl 50 or unlocking everything.

...Are we really going to see apologists for taking this away as well?

Account A: Main Solider
Account B-D: use to dick around with or hack.

One solider, less likely to hack or dick around.

Negatives: Multi-gamer homes can only use one account.
Can't start over or have a clan specific solider. Handcuffed like a console gamer.

I think many things are far away from being official, and some Origin specific rules could be changed between now and launch. Cross-fingers.
Once the Beta is open, what ever we see there is pretty much how the game will be.

Could not agree more. The only negative personally is i dont like my Origin username that im forced to use in BF3, was hoping to be able to make a BF3 specific UN. And i cant find a way to change my UN in my account (EA or Origin).

Maybe they will combat the hitting level 50 and wanting to make a new soldier by letting you start over. Like you hit 50 and you can either stay 50 or go into a menu and hit "restart my soldier" and become level 0 again.

I didn't know anybody in BF2 that had more than 1 character... Is this something more normal in BC2?

I only have one on BC2. Some people that reached LvL50 started over and created a new solider.
Some do it because it's fun and others do it because they were banned for cheating.
I think this over compensates for security when Server Admins can handle hacking issues.
Seems very restrictive though.
Like you hit 50 and you can either stay 50 or go into a menu and hit "restart my soldier" and become level 0 again.
Good idea, but a person would have to give up everything the worked for. This is one of the few times I disagree with EA/DICE.
It's not going to affect me, but I'm sure it's important to others.

Last edited:
Yeah why would EA let you make a new soldier and let you extend the game's life that way when they can get you to extend its life through DLC and yearly installments?

Yes, I said yearly installments for EA shooters. BF and MOH are alternating releases each year like IW and Treyarch do with COD.

I only ever played one soldier anyway. Doesn't really effect me and if it helps stop douche bag hackers in even the smallest way I'm for it.

Actually the BF series itself already comes out at a high volume. People like to make fun of and criticize COD for having yearly releases, but that is handled by two studios. Look at how much and how frequently DICE, a single studio, actually puts out BF products. And now they are having them work at other franchises as well such as Medal of Honor and Mass Effect 3.

One huge problem with this, and I'm sure this will cause a backlash and lead to a change, is if it is indeed linked to your Origin account name. I'm positive a significant amount of people, if not the majority, have a name chosen not for its suitability as a online game moniker. This will be compounded by people getting BF3 and using Origin for the first time and just wanting to jump in and play (like the Starcraft 2 situation) and not give any thought to their name.

I only ever played one soldier anyway. Doesn't really effect me and if it helps stop douche bag hackers in even the smallest way I'm for it.

Me 2.

No issue with this for me.
always a lot of things before a game comes out, and changes will be made depending on what happens in the community also, but I absolutely hate cheaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back