Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Is the only way to fly well is to use a real joystick? I tried using the XBOX360 controller but it sorta sucked unless I just need to config it a certain way....

I also need to get around to playing the SP campaign. I gave up the first five minutes of fucking up the train/jumping ladder sequence :p

Use KB/M and bind Spacebar to pitch up. You'll be pro after that.

All we are going to hear for the next few months:

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP!

All we are going to hear for the next few months:

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP BEEP! BEEEEEP!

I'll be doing my part. ;)

horns are cool but when do I get some loudspeakers on my tank ala Kelly's heroes???

woof woof

PATCH IS UP ON ORIGIN, START UPDATING.

Say what you want about Origin, but they do have some bandwidth at their disposal. It's downloading like a bat out of hell.

And now I have to go and re-jigger all my gun load-outs to take advantage of the patch changes.

Say what you want about Origin, but they do have some bandwidth at their disposal. It's downloading like a bat out of hell.

And now I have to go and re-jigger all my gun load-outs to take advantage of the patch changes.

I think the speeds are BS. I have a slow 6mb dsl and I can barely break 600KB on all speed test. Origin shows me pulling 1.5MB down....

I think the speeds are BS. I have a slow 6mb dsl and I can barely break 600KB on all speed test. Origin shows me pulling 1.5MB down....

I'm watching my desktop network monitor, not the Origin one. I was holding a steady 50 Mb/sec.

The minimap is still blue, even in satellite mode. Looks...strange.

And I'm not sure if it is my imagination, but the game seems a lot brighter (at least Caspian did).

I'm watching my desktop network monitor, not the Origin one. I was holding a steady 50 Mb/sec.

The minimap is still blue, even in satellite mode. Looks...strange.

And I'm not sure if it is my imagination, but the game seems a lot brighter (at least Caspian did).

I already said it

next week players will start asking for a patch to fix the patch

edit: wow the update speed is amazing

The patch download and install was very quick - all in less than 3 minutes. Now to play test before work.

What's this patch doing to suppressors exactly? My go to guns are the suppressed AS VAL and M16A3. Am I going to have to switch to something else?

What's this patch doing to suppressors exactly? My go to guns are the suppressed AS VAL and M16A3. Am I going to have to switch to something else?

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/0...ap-lots-of-fixes-and-new-shortcut-items-live/

Patch notes:
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/0...playstation-3-xbox-360-and-pc-will-come-soon/

To answer your specific question:
-AS VAL: Increased vertical recoil, reduced first shot recoil, reduced accuracy on the move. The AS VAL fires a long range, highly accurate, high damage projectile that favors short bursts or single fire when stationary. While still quite good from the hip, the AS VAL will suffer if fired while moving and aimed.

FLASH SUPPRESSOR
-The Flash Suppressor no longer reduces accuracy for Automatic Fire.
-The Flash Suppressor now also works as a recoil compensator, reducing the Vertical Recoil by a weapon specific value. This bonus is larger than the bonus provided by the Suppressor.
-A small Hip Accuracy penalty has been added to the Flash Suppressor to represent the added weight of the accessory. The exact penalty amount is a weapon specific value.

I won't get to go home and update BF3 till i get home at 430pm today - on top of that I only have a 3Mbit connection so it's going to take a good 1.5 to 2 hours to download the damn thing.

Looking forward to the MAV patch and all the other goodies. I'd be super thrilled if they fixed the CRAPPY netcode that means I die 15 feet after hiding behind a box.

Some of the "best" players I've seen are the ones that have a ping of 250-300ms because just like in real life, a third of a second lag time on the battlefield makes you a BETTER soldier.

cant wait to honk the jeep horn to the tune of Rise of the Valkyries as i charge enemies. probably sounds like random beeping to everybody else but in my head it's rise of the valkyries.

havent played with tanks much, the IR smoke, you use it by pressing x? can it be done all the time or only when you get locked by something?

for B2K players: are Oman servers the only ones showing up for you (64 player Conquest)? I can't get it to display any other maps

This should finally make flash suppressors worth equipping. Before all they did was decrease accuracy, now at least they give a recoil bonus as well.

This should finally make flash suppressors worth equipping. Before all they did was decrease accuracy, now at least they give a recoil bonus as well.

Yeah, when I was reading about the "benefits" of the flash suppressor initially I found myself wondering why you'd ever use it over the heavy barrel or silencer.

Yeah, when I was reading about the "benefits" of the flash suppressor initially I found myself wondering why you'd ever use it over the heavy barrel or silencer.

Yeah, this ^^^ Now they actually make you think about your play style to see if one is better fit over the other.

I think originally the only real benefit was that it unlocked before the silencer. I think certain sniper rifles like the SKS even started out with it equipped.

What is the pricing like for the unlocks on PC?

the ultimate bundle is 39.99

others are between 5 bucks for the co-op bundle up to the 40 bucks for the everything unlock bundle..

why even offer this is beyond me..why bother playing the game if your not even gonna try to play the game the way its meant to be played..

these unlock bundles truly show what lazy gamers there are out there.

I'm not so sure I like the changes to the SOFLAM. Earlier today it seemed damn near impossible to escape being painted in a tank. Anyone else notice a difference as well?

Back