Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Why the fuck did they change the reload?

If you're aiming down the sights or scoped in, hitting R would bring you out and reload.

Now, however, if you do that nothing happens. But if you already hit R and THEN try to fire, it reloads. Wtf? You have to unscope to reload instead of it automatically happening. Why would this ever even come up as something that needs to be changed? I don't know if I've played a game that does that, lol

Yep, completely unnecessary change.

Do you notice any change while stabilizing your scope sway? I used to be able to hold it down for a couple secs, release, then hold it down again, but it seems I can't hold it down for the second time until I wait a few seconds. I realize this was the case before the patch, but it seems over a span of 10 seconds for example, you can't stabilize the scope sway as much as you could pre-patch.

Who was the guy who said a few pages ago that "DICE couldn't have done a better job with this game"?

If they don't get a fix patch out soon I'm gonna lump those idiots in with Ubisoft. The game is so broken...

Yep, completely unnecessary change.

Do you notice any change while stabilizing your scope sway? I used to be able to hold it down for a couple secs, release, then hold it down again, but it seems I can't hold it down for the second time until I wait a few seconds. I realize this was the case before the patch, but it seems over a span of 10 seconds for example, you can't stabilize the scope sway as much as you could pre-patch.

I didn't notice any difference but I'm gonna try it right now, lol

Who was the guy who said a few pages ago that "DICE couldn't have done a better job with this game"?

If they don't get a fix patch out soon I'm gonna lump those idiots in with Ubisoft. The game is so broken...

The game is barely playable. I won't be playing much anymore, at least untill they roll back to the previous version or fix all the things they have broken. Having said that, I think it will be a good 3 months before they fix this horrible excuse of a FPS.

I would like to say 1 rant

IT TOOK YOU FUCKING LONG ENOUGH TO FIX THE Q KEY DICE.

That is all

I would like to say 1 rant

IT TOOK YOU FUCKING LONG ENOUGH TO FIX THE Q KEY DICE.

That is all

Not just that, I would always HAVE TO RE-ASSIGN the button to ENTER (since I'm left handed). Even though it would say ENTER every time I would enter a server, it would only work for Q. So thanks that that works now.

Not just that, I would always HAVE TO RE-ASSIGN the button to ENTER (since I'm left handed). Even though it would say ENTER every time I would enter a server, it would only work for Q. So thanks that that works now.

Yea...pretty pathetic that it took 5 months to fix it....

For those who own 7970 or GTX 680 and tri-monitor setup:
Does it get 60 FPS on a single card and at what settings (obviously not fully maxed out based on reviews, but I don't need to max out.)?

How do you use the SOFLAM? I sat it down and started using it but for some reason it only targeted my vehicles and when and enemy vehicle would fly by or whatever even though it was in my view it wouldn't target it.

Well, this game sucks an intolerable amount of ass now. Done with it for the near future, methinks.

I never asked for this

So, can someone explain what everyone is having a problem with with this latest patch? Just looks like a bunch of whining to me.

Can't join any servers post patch. Get the 'Joining Server' message infinitely. I've scoured google and tried every single fix I could find with no luck at all. Multiple browsers, multiple origin/bf3 reinstalls, driver reinstalls, fucking around with punkbuster, registry changes, nothing has worked.

If I try and join a server, battlelog will pop up saying 'Joining Server' and stay like that. It'll open up Origin and show the window that says the game is launching, but bf3.exe never starts and never shows up in task manager.

Fuck this shitty excuse of a game.

So, can someone explain what everyone is having a problem with with this latest patch? Just looks like a bunch of whining to me.

just look, a hilarious amount of stuff is fucking broken.

- Air to air missiles doing literally nothing against jets
- 100% perfectly accurate full auto AR
- The best AR in the game is now even better while support has been wholly nerfed
- Tanks (vehicles in general really) are made out of wet tissue paper and Javelins are apparently the hand of god.

Basically they did some good, added a large amount of what the fuck, and broke everything else.

Which AR is 100% accurate? Also, I just went 36-9 as Support using the M27 (suppressed) and completely owned. I don't know how it was nerfed. If anything, I'm really glad they also fixed the semi-auto problem (where it would skip the shot if you click too fast). They added the idea that Javelins from the side and back do more damage, along the same lines as the RPG. They changed it because the Javelin only did more damage is if the target had a laser on it. I will say, they should definitely extend the range of the Stingers and also extend the range towards you. You can't lock onto an air vehicle when it's close or somewhat close. Fixed the Q button was a huge plus. The faster resupply and faster healing (via medpack) is nice.

dxy1bs.jpg

i'm so tired of dlc and bullshit like this. in the future i'm not giving any money to companies that hatch schemes like this and item malls.

- The best AR in the game is now even better while support has been wholly nerfed
- Tanks (vehicles in general really) are made out of wet tissue paper and Javelins are apparently the hand of god.

Basically they did some good, added a large amount of what the fuck, and broke everything else.
While I understand some things being off, I think lots of people are overreacting.

Look, just be like most people and not care what they did. I enjoy games a lot more when I just play to have fun and not care what they added/fixed/removed/changed etc.

I really believe most of this "hate" is just psychological. Hypothetically speaking had they somehow been able to update without anyone knowing people would just play as normal and have just as much fun.

People take gaming WAY to seriously.

Haven't experienced really any issues myself as a large amount of them seem to be just affecting any mode with vehicles on them. The only issue I noted I posted above, but I may have been just on crack as later on in the night I completely forgot all about it (maybe I just got used to it?) and went 59-5.

Apparently MAV riding is still in-game, though BF3 posted on their twitter that anyone caught MAV riding will have their stats wiped. I am just glad the MAV has been nerfed to hell, even as I primarily play Recon. Gives those shitty Recons no chance to have a good score.

My brain hurts with people flipping complete shit...

I've played way more broken games and I did less complaining. I know it's everyone's right to complain, but how much and how serious people sound, is just crazy.

dxy1bs.jpg

i'm so tired of dlc and bullshit like this. in the future i'm not giving any money to companies that hatch schemes like this and item malls.

We've been over this. This shortcut stuff? Doesn't matter. At all. If anything it's a good thing.

While I understand some things being off, I think lots of people are overreacting.

Look, just be like most people and not care what they did. I enjoy games a lot more when I just play to have fun and not care what they added/fixed/removed/changed etc.

I really believe most of this "hate" is just psychological. Hypothetically speaking had they somehow been able to update without anyone knowing people would just play as normal and have just as much fun.

People take gaming WAY to seriously.

This, completely. I barely noticed any changes.

Holy fuck, DICE fixed the mortars by disabling them completely!

BEST PATCH EVER.

Errrrrr.... I am killing people with mortars still as of last night.

I like the patch honestly. Someone said in-game you can beep the jeep horns now... with spacebar... but it doesn't do anything for me :(. I tried even resetting to default keybinds and no go?

I like the patch honestly. Someone said in-game you can beep the jeep horns now... with spacebar... but it doesn't do anything for me :(. I tried even resetting to default keybinds and no go?

What about your fire button / mouse 1? BF2 used that button.

The jets really got screwed over with this. First, the air radar is nerfed alot but my biggest gripe is that it now displays the points A,B, etc. The icons for these points take up way too much space and obscure the enemy aircraft.

They nerfed the air radar even more? It was practically useless in the one past patch as it was.

They nerfed the air radar even more? It was practically useless in the one past patch as it was.

I actually can't find it now, maybe it wasn't official but I thought I saw somewhere that the new air radar doesn't detect when the enemy uses ECM or is 'below radar'.

Regardless the addition of the map symbols to the air map makes it much harder to use effectively.

Apparently MAV riding is still in-game, though BF3 posted on their twitter that anyone caught MAV riding will have their stats wiped. I am just glad the MAV has been nerfed to hell, even as I primarily play Recon. Gives those shitty Recons no chance to have a good score.

I never understood what the problem was with MAV ridin'. MAV killin' would have been fixed with "killing with MAV destroyed the MAV", but what was wrong with MAV ridin'? There was no reason to fix this. If recon want to go on top of teh Tehran highway, then go ahead, not help your team!

I know it's a game, but MAV riding is also blatantly unrealistic. Not in the bend realism a little bit to suit gameplay purposes but in a throw the laws of physics out the window kinda unrealistic.

It was also an easy way to get to places you should be and glitch.

This, completely. I barely noticed any changes.

Errrrrr.... I am killing people with mortars still as of last night.

this,.

horns are the fire button

lies.

I killed numerous jets in the viper last night with AA misles.

what AR are you even talking about?

flash suppressor has made all the LMG's better. I was raping with the M27/Holo/Grip/FS last night

I never understood what the problem was with MAV ridin'. MAV killin' would have been fixed with "killing with MAV destroyed the MAV", but what was wrong with MAV ridin'? There was no reason to fix this. If recon want to go on top of teh Tehran highway, then go ahead, not help your team!

because it allowed an untouchable spawn point to be created?

increased suppression is kind of awesome. makes cover and movement tactics all more important.

Okay so, I usually run tank. When this patch went live, I was pretty frustrated with what they had done. I didn't play it for a while, then I started screwing around on another battlelog account that I have. I've realised, and I'm hoping that the server wasn't just full of noobs, but you need to play extremely defensively in a tank now. Which is the total opposite to what it used to be, you could roll into a point and dominate everyone, but now not so much.

However, it seems a lot more people have the javelins equipped rather than smaws/rpgs, so if you can manage to kill the jav's before they get a shot off you should be right. I was using smoke, lmg, and proxity scan as my add ons. Smoke is good to get rid of the soflam/jav locks, proximity scan so you can see where everyone is around you, and lmg to kill when your shell is reloading. Don't get me wrong, I still loathe what they have done with this patch.

Boo Hoo I can't camp in the OP vehicals anymore...

Boo Hoo I can't MAV exploit and kill people with it

Boo Hoo Dice lets people shortcut for money

Bunch of winey bitches on here...the game is still awesome....and the best FPS on PC currently.

The new mini map is a welcomed addition; I like hybrid. The new map icons are great, too. It seems like it's harder to kill people than before, but maybe that's just me. The overall feel of the game has improved, no more hitching. Haven't tried the javelins yet, but I always used the SMAW/RPG, because of the long lock-on. May have to start using it if the lock-on is quicker. The absolute best addition with this patch is the ability to see your own ping. About damn time.

Boo Hoo I can't camp in the OP vehicals anymore...

Boo Hoo I can't MAV exploit and kill people with it

Boo Hoo Dice lets people shortcut for money

Bunch of winey bitches on here...the game is still awesome....and the best FPS on PC currently.

The game is still good, but it is unfortunate that it has been made slightly worse. Several things should have been left alone or not changed in the degree it is now.

My brain hurts with people flipping complete shit...

I've played way more broken games and I did less complaining. I know it's everyone's right to complain, but how much and how serious people sound, is just crazy.

i agree. so much bitching and moaning over minute changes.

The game is still good, but it is unfortunate that it has been made slightly worse. Several things should have been left alone or not changed in the degree it is now.

Actually NO, it has not been made slightly worse. DICE did a fantastic job on the patch and it works great. People need to stop bitching and increase their skills. :rolleyes:

Okay so, I usually run tank. When this patch went live, I was pretty frustrated with what they had done. I didn't play it for a while, then I started screwing around on another battlelog account that I have. I've realised, and I'm hoping that the server wasn't just full of noobs, but you need to play extremely defensively in a tank now. Which is the total opposite to what it used to be, you could roll into a point and dominate everyone, but now not so much.

However, it seems a lot more people have the javelins equipped rather than smaws/rpgs, so if you can manage to kill the jav's before they get a shot off you should be right. I was using smoke, lmg, and proxity scan as my add ons. Smoke is good to get rid of the soflam/jav locks, proximity scan so you can see where everyone is around you, and lmg to kill when your shell is reloading. Don't get me wrong, I still loathe what they have done with this patch.

Are you seriously crying about how your OP tank got the nerf stick across the face? Use something that takes skill rather then camp in one thing the whole map...trust me, its a whole different game out there..

Umm AA missiles actually lock on faster now it makes them much more usefull....
They just seemed to decrease the distance of lockon to compensate.

The new mini map is a welcomed addition; I like hybrid. The new map icons are great, too. It seems like it's harder to kill people than before, but maybe that's just me. The overall feel of the game has improved, no more hitching. Haven't tried the javelins yet, but I always used the SMAW/RPG, because of the long lock-on. May have to start using it if the lock-on is quicker. The absolute best addition with this patch is the ability to see your own ping. About damn time.

New minimap still sucks, they need to make it like BF2 and with ZOOM buttons.

Are you seriously crying about how your OP tank got the nerf stick across the face? Use something that takes skill rather then camp in one thing the whole map...trust me, its a whole different game out there..

Haha, I've probably got more MVP ribbons than you. Probably got more infantry kills than you aswell.

Back