Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

this game makes playing BC2 so EASY! When I dont have teammates for BF3 I load up BC2 and just rape now.

Not exactly sure how it has "console game aiming" either, im pretty sure ive seen this rhetoric before on another forum, not even sure he gave an explaination what he considered "console aiming" either.

The gunplay in BF3 is really precise. I don't get it.

Mods, can you please ban Vega from this thread? Like you did with the last thread? He is the most childish , cringeworthy person I've ever come across and he is constantly spamming this thread with how great he is/better he is is than everyone else... (when all he does is spam rpg/smaw and actually has very bad stats)

At first I found it funny, and would laugh at his posts, now it's just annoying, and I'm sick of having to sift through his posts.

I'd just have to say that BF3 overall has been a good experience for me. I only crash when first loading up the game after rebooting the computer, but only the first time. Not sure why. It will get laggy after hours (on the same server) of gameplay due to a memory leak but I have not tested since the patch. Otherwise rock solid IMHO.

Infantry combat is actually pretty good. The only annoyances so far have been tanks with a gunner with 3 repair guys behind just hanging around spawn points. They are industructable even when hit with RPGS from multiple people, frustrating, but good team tactics so I give props rather than distain... Then the aircraft can always spoof SAM with IR flares, its not like that in RL. IR flares are usually pretty ineffective.

Otherwise its a very solid game.

IRNV is not overpowered IMHO... I use it on my M249, and I get my ass handed to me just as much as if I wasn't using it... I don't consider it a huge advantage.

It's sort of like hitting red lights in your town driving to work. You might think "I always get stopped by the red lights. Those fuggin lights! Always, 100%" But it's only because you get stopped, you never notice or keep note when its green.

Mortars are not overpowered IMHO... I use it all the time as well, and I don't get any more kills with it than if I was using any other gun and running around. The only advantage here is usually a higher K/D ratio... But the number of kills is not higher than any other time you're playing.

I've enjoyed the game even more than BF2 or BF1...

<--- 25ish hours in, and rank 15.

I'd just have to say that BF3 overall has been a good experience for me. I only crash when first loading up the game after rebooting the computer, but only the first time. Not sure why.

I have that exact same problem on my home gaming machine but not on my laptop. AMD at home, Nvidia on my laptop. Go figure. *shrug*

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038057794 said:
Yo I just added you as a friend GG-Snipes, I noticed you have HIG tags like TheOneKnownAsMe has on. Who's squad is that? What does it mean?

I just accept you and another guy I don't know , lol , if you can try to join our squad GG-Snipes will be my son and I'm gone use my new GG-Markedone, I'm gone have my head set so voice will be use in the party, anyway my son pc is just at my side, so he can see my screen, finaly i'm gone have someone reliable in my squad ...... They still have place on the platoon HIC 2 , I'm member there too

I purchase another BF3 this morning , I can wait to be level 0 again , lol it's really long to install ( DVD ) and I will have to patch it after ....

I purchase another BF3 this morning , I can wait to be level 0 again , lol

I'm sorry to be "that guy" but I can't help be suspicious that for all of your posts about cheating, including one where "your customer" was all about the cheats, and now you have a new BF3 account. Not that this is the case, but c'mon, huge red flag.

I'm sorry to be "that guy" but I can't help be suspicious that for all of your posts about cheating, including one where "your customer" was all about the cheats, and now you have a new BF3 account. Not that this is the case, but c'mon, huge red flag.

WTF are you talking, I have a poor 1.18 K/D not quite a cheater score

why not quote the most important part of my post.

I if you can try to join our squad GG-Snipes will be my son and I'm gone use my new GG-Markedone, I'm gone have my head set so voice will be use in the party, anyway my son pc is just at my side, so he can see my screen, finaly i'm gone have someone reliable in my squad ...... They still have place on the platoon HIC 2 , I'm member there too....

I don't have a new account I have 2 accounts, I have also 2 account with BF2 and BF2BC , I can afford 2 of each game and 2 Gaming PC too ( all true I have way more than 2 PC, but the other one are folding right now)

I pre-order BF3 last April and since my 9 years old son like to play at same time as me I purchase a second copy, I will be GG-Markedone and my son will take my old account GG-Snipes, anyway he probaly play 30 hours on it .......

Go on the Asus ROG forum they know me well there I even review few motherboard on it. Yes I repair PC , and I live in a small place, so everyone come to me to ask about anything, as long as they pay me and it's not illegal I don't refuse job .

Here our 2 gaming PC

pc.jpg

Last edited:
eyefinity broken.
asked for a refund where I bought the game
tired of a product that dosnt deliver a finished service to me as a gamer and user.
BF3 is simply a broken product.

WTF are you talking, I have a poor 1.18 K/D not quite a cheater score

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/soldier/GG-Snipes/stats/299286059/

why not quote the most important part of my post.

I don't have a new account I have 2 accounts, I have also 2 account with BF2 and BF2BC , I can afford 2 of each game and 2 Gaming PC too ( all true I have way more than 2 PC, but the other one are folding right now)

I pre-order BF3 last April and since my 9 years old son like to play at same time as me I purchase a second copy, I will be GG-Markedone and my son will take my old account GG-Snipes, anyway he probaly play 30 hours on it .......

Go on the Asus ROG forum they know me well there I even review few motherboard on it. Yes I repair PC , and I live in a small place, so everyone come to me to ask about anything, as long as they pay me and it's not illegal I don't refuse job .

Here our 2 gaming PC

pc.jpg

My apologies; shouldn't have spoken out like that.

eyefinity broken.
tired of a product that dosnt deliver a finished service to me as a gamer and user.

Working fine here..

And you've not answered as to how in your opinion the game has "console aiming" whatever that may entail. :confused:

Mods, can you please ban Vega from this thread? Like you did with the last thread? He is the most childish , cringeworthy person I've ever come across and he is constantly spamming this thread with how great he is/better he is is than everyone else... (when all he does is spam rpg/smaw and actually has very bad stats)

At first I found it funny, and would laugh at his posts, now it's just annoying, and I'm sick of having to sift through his posts.
lol, don't let Vega get ya all worked up. It's fine if he wants to stroke his e-peen every once in a while ;) There's still skill involved in shooting RPG's, but I still find it lame, using just guns makes the game much more fun... If I was to try to do that I'd probably put up worse scores then using my actual assault rifle on 32man metro conquest where I usually average 50-60 kills with 6k-9k pts

I wish there was BC2's AT4 in this game, I racked up 22,000 hits with it in that game and was awesome fun.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1038059315 said:
lol, don't let Vega get ya all worked up. It's fine if he wants to stroke his e-peen every once in a while ;) There's still skill involved in shooting RPG's, but I still find it lame, using just guns makes the game much more fun... If I was to try to do that I'd probably put up worse scores then using my actual assault rifle on 32man metro conquest where I usually average 50-60 kills with 6k-9k pts

I wish there was BC2's AT4 in this game, I racked up 22,000 hits with it in that game and was awesome fun.

Wish I could share the love for the AT4 like everyone has been lately.

Seems more like a cult following TBH, and I'm not cool enough to be included.

I could never hit shit with it even though I knew it did the most damage. :(

So i've read this thread and figured out that everybody hates me.

my loadout is f2000, tac light, irnv, foregrip, m320.

i spam nades, i blind the crap out of people, and i lay down many many bullets. I dont blind my team, thats what the T button is for. But i contribute to my team, and use everything I can to my advantage. Hell, in some cases, the only way to break through a point is to have your supports lay down ammo, and have the entire team spam nades. Its just like the bf2 days.

The IRNV could do with some nerfing, perhaps more limited view for realism's sake, but i think its funcionality is fine. Tac light is perfect how it is. Sure i get killed by people using this equipment, but hey, good for them, they're usign the frostbite 2.0 engine to their advantage. Like everybody should be.

Everybody should stop raging and measuring epeen and just play. Its a much more enjoyable game once you get over yourself.

Flopper sounds like a anti BF3 smear campaign. Are you getting paid to try and create a negative online presence of bf3?

IRNV are a combination of over powered and unrealistic. Now by over powered I simply mean having an advantage vs people without IRNV. A Key spot where having IRNV becomes advantageous is on Caspian border between the forest and hill. There are many places where you can shoot through shrubbery to get kills otherwise unattainable without IRNV all while in daylight. Players not using IRNV in this part of the map are really at a disadvantage.

this being said everyone can get IRNV so its ability to be overpowered is only truly present when playing people who haven't unlocked IRNV yet which is not that common.

overall I feel IRNV improves the BF3 gameplay. SKS+IRNV = a very fun gaming experience.

eyefinity broken.

no its not. End of story

dead island release day was a broken product....your personal trouble with eyefinity could be less a broken product and more of a damaged consumer.
and you got denied a refund...cool story bro

the only time im bothered about the tac light is when someone on my team blinds me. i dont care about the irnv either. a lot of times when im blinded by the tac i just empty my magazine right at it most times i end up killing the person. it could be worse they could have made the tac light strobe now that would be a bitch.
I think I've killed most of my team mates that have done this, alI I can see is someone pointing at me so I shoot.

Party is not perfect, I come in a game and the admin ( or auto balance ) switch me to the other team :(

I have another bug, but don't know how to describe..... But voice is perfect, the only problem I have only 1 head set, so I will order another one tonight.

I do not have a problem with the IRNV itself just how long it takes to level up every weapon to get it. I think it gets a bad reputation because alot of people play this game for realism and it is not realistic. The mix of realism vs game play choices in this game is very puzzling I will admit that. Maybe they need to disable IRNV in hardcore mode they should just rename that realism mode. Same with tac lights they would be useless if they worked like real life.

I have problem with M320 hit registration. In one round I died 3 times with the same scenario. I see some enemy, he sees me. We start shooting simultaneously at each other. I see and hear explosion from M320 that should kill the enemy instantly. He lives but I die from his bullets. WTF?

I could understand if we die both. But I die and he survives the explosion?

I do not have a problem with the IRNV itself just how long it takes to level up every weapon to get it. I think it gets a bad reputation because alot of people play this game for realism and it is not realistic. The mix of realism vs game play choices in this game is very puzzling I will admit that. Maybe they need to disable IRNV in hardcore mode they should just rename that realism mode. Same with tac lights they would be useless if they worked like real life.

Tac lights are working as in real life.

Come up to me 15 feet away and shine that in my eyes... Guess what, I'm blinded temporarily and my eyes are all fucked for a bit.

eyefinity broken.

It's not broken.

Your system or yourself are the issues.

Last edited:
I have problem with M320 hit registration. In one round I died 3 times with the same scenario. I see some enemy, he sees me. We start shooting simultaneously at each other. I see and hear explosion from M320 that should kill the enemy instantly. He lives but I die from his bullets. WTF?

I could understand if we die both. But I die and he survives the explosion?

I think this has something to do with their netcode "dissolving" your bullets once you are dead. Which means that you probably lagged a split second after his shot sadly.

This could be because of thousands of reasons.

I think this has something to do with their netcode "dissolving" your bullets once you are dead. Which means that you probably lagged a split second after his shot sadly.

Which is complete bullshit. Many times I've fired an RPG at a disabled tank (the kill shot), only to have the gunner or someone else kill me with the rocket in flight, and guess what - no kill for me. It makes no sense at all.

Which is complete bullshit. Many times I've fired an RPG at a disabled tank (the kill shot), only to have the gunner or someone else kill me with the rocket in flight, and guess what - no kill for me. It makes no sense at all.

Exactly! It looks like that if you die before your rocket hit the target it will not be registered even if you see and hear explosion.

Party is not perfect, I come in a game and the admin ( or auto balance ) switch me to the other team :(

I have another bug, but don't know how to describe..... But voice is perfect, the only problem I have only 1 head set, so I will order another one tonight.

I've had it worse. We crushed them, and then at the end of the game we lost?

Moving us to the other team AFTER the game is BS!!!

Anyone go hop in a vehicle then it just explodes and says 'Bad Luck' <ziggo0 Suicide> LOL? This has happened 3 times today...it's like my solider couldn't take it anymore, SHITS TO INTENSE, IM GOING DOWN <gets in vehicle, kills self>.

This could be because of thousands of reasons.

I think it stems from how firing your weapons is seen client-side, so while it may appear that you've fired, the bit of latency means that the server decided you were dead before you actually pulled the trigger.

So i've read this thread and figured out that everybody hates me.

my loadout is f2000, tac light, irnv, foregrip, m320.

i spam nades, i blind the crap out of people, and i lay down many many bullets. I dont blind my team, thats what the T button is for. But i contribute to my team, and use everything I can to my advantage. Hell, in some cases, the only way to break through a point is to have your supports lay down ammo, and have the entire team spam nades. Its just like the bf2 days.
Don't worry, you aren't the only one.

I play support, m240, IRNV, foregrip, extended clip, suppression perk. I also lag like crazy on occasion with my shit PC running at 1280x960 res and lowest settings, so I take every advantage I can get.

Anyone go hop in a vehicle then it just explodes and says 'Bad Luck' <ziggo0 Suicide> LOL? This has happened 3 times today...it's like my solider couldn't take it anymore, SHITS TO INTENSE, IM GOING DOWN <gets in vehicle, kills self>.

Yeah I have a few times. Sometimes I'll just die randomly from bad luck. Kind of like real life.

You think that is bad? How about going into a landing craft with 3 of your squadmates and having the boat explode killing everybody. Should have seen the squad chat for that one!

Don't worry, you aren't the only one.

I play support, m240, IRNV, foregrip, extended clip, suppression perk. I also lag like crazy on occasion with my shit PC running at 1280x960 res and lowest settings, so I take every advantage I can get.

Don't worry, we hate both of you equally. ;)

You think that is bad? How about going into a landing craft with 3 of your squadmates and having the boat explode killing everybody. Should have seen the squad chat for that one!

Ahhh yeah I gotta add to that too. Jumped into the cock pit of a heli and it just blew up. Said I TK'd everyone and I got auto kicked/banned for it lol.

My load times increased, but it's a lot smoother.

Ya, not sure what is going on here. Before it would load up nice, quick and smooth. Now it appears to "stutter" and take quite a bit longer.

Speaking of eyefinity, does anyone actually have it working with Crossfire at this point? I was able to get the beta running at 5760x1200, however, I had no HUD, weapon ammo, minimap, chatbox, etc and that made it no fun. Now when I try launching the game at 5760, it just crashes back to the desktop, but works fine at 1920.... Anyone have any better experiences? BFBC2 works perfectly for me....

Yes, all 4 of my GPUs are working now and native eyefinity to boot. You might have to adjust your HUD settings in the config file to get it to work properly.

I posted a simple BF3 signature once. Every single time my stats came into this topic, they were brought up by other people like yourself first, so don't give me that crap. I dare you to go back and view the post history of this thread. Ignorance must be bliss eh?

Oh and: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Laffles/stats/346538012/ = LOL for good measure.

eyefinity broken.

Yes, eyefinity was broken at release, although you could do some tweaks to get it to work at a lower resolution. It is working now though with a few hiccups.

Buying a second copy was the best thing I did ; it's so fun to level up. The first gun sucks , but with the experience I acquire in the 100+ hours I play before, it's not bad at all.

old me , now my son

new one

Last edited:
Jeez, im glad i bought the game out of my own personal desire instead of going off what people think of the game here. This thread is almost constantly negative towards the game as if its a pile of shit. There are the obvious flaws (IRNV, Tac. Light, etc) but ignoring those, its really a great game, imo. You know how you get around the IRNV butt hurt-ness....don't look at the attachments the other guy uses and you'll never know he had it. I don't even pay attention to the killbar 99% of the time unless the dogtag catches my eye. Tac. light I will agree is annoying as hell...but to me its only really bothersome when you have an asshole teammate blinding you with it. Everyone, take note, you can turn off your tac light by pressing (by default) the T key. Excellent to do if your running next to someone with a low chance of contact....

I wholeheartedly agree that overall the game is pretty amazing. Doesn't mean they can't make it better though. If my death was "suspicious", like I was killed in nice cover in a bunch of shrubs/trees or something, I always look at the kill window to see what attachments the other person has. A LOT of the time it is IRNV "all seeing eye".

Last night I played a 64-player game in Caspian (very bright daylight) map and virtually everyone on the opposing team was using the IRNV. God it was annoying. When they finally nurf that stupid thing it is going to be hilarious seeing how bad all these bad players are without it. My biggest complaint about the IRNV is it brings bad players up to a moderate level that they shouldn't be at. It's more "dumbing" down of gaming, just like making enemies silent so noob's can get knife kills. No more cheese crutch to rely on.

Jeez, im glad i bought the game out of my own personal desire instead of going off what people think of the game here. This thread is almost constantly negative towards the game as if its a pile of shit. ...... Tac. light I will agree is annoying as hell........

The game is not bad at all, it's just that I was expecting more.

The tac. light is the best way to be Team Kill in a HC.

Back