Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Yea what's that about. You guys are on just about every TWL ladder out there, but haven't played a single match.

Kick them into action. The TWL 5v5 CTF ladder needs some excitement! hint hint you guys are there but haven't challenged anyone!

WSI is coming for you FLOT infidels. :)

LOL for over a week? I guess since they can't milk more money out of people, this will be pretty low on their list of priorities.

DICE has put out a couple of announcements regarding the issue. It seems they are putting the effort and even sounded pretty ticked off about it. At least that's the tone I got from the first message.

For me, I've had to click join 3 times and then I will get on the server and play just fine.

Yep, 3 clicks and I'm in. Really hasn't affected my experience.

Getting ready to start playing more frequently now that CEVO Season 2 is around the corner. We have to beat our 29th place record!

I hate instant vehicle respawn servers. It penalizes you for taking out the enemy vehicles, after fighting them you will be damaged and brand new one will pop up and kill you instantly. This goes for jets and tanks alike. Just ruins the flow of the map.

Last edited:
I hate instant vehicle respawn servers. It penalized you for taking out the enemy vehicles, after fighting them you will be damaged and brand new one will pop up and kill you instantly. This goes for jets and tanks alike. Just ruins the flow of the map.

Ditto I try to avoid these servers.

I hate instant vehicle respawn servers. It penalizes you for taking out the enemy vehicles, after fighting them you will be damaged and brand new one will pop up and kill you instantly. This goes for jets and tanks alike. Just ruins the flow of the map.

It turns out it's way better to leave an ineffective enemy player alone if they're using the only jet (for example). That recognizing this represents "strategy" is what continues to drive me to play other games.

Ditto I try to avoid these servers.

Unfortunately instant vehicle spawn is most servers these days, admins desperate to keep their servers populated.

And yes i'd agree instant spawn only rewards noobs and deviates the flow and balance of the game from what the developers intended. Result is kiddies dont value vehicles and aircraft, suffer no real consequence for ramming or using as a taxi and bailing over a point, and if its decent players on both teams in attack heli's or jets then you spend the whole round jerking off dogfighting rather than helping your teammates on the ground.

Really wish instant spawn setting forced servers to custom preset mode to decentivize it, since custom is harder to find in battlelog as most people just browse for default.

Last edited:
this game is such a pain to start up for me, it doesn't always launch etc, always got to redownload battlelog etc

what platform are you on? xp? vista? 7? 8?

lately there has been a ton of problems connecting related to the DDoS'ing

smooth operating tonight. new battlelog is fine and no problems connecting. back to good fun.

The game doesn't appear to be as well populated. Probably partly due to the time of year but with the recent fire sale of premium, I am kind of surprised.

i hope they add ina feature for bf4 where there is a night and day mode for maps. changes the entire feel of the map when its the same map u've been playing during the day!!

i hope they add ina feature for bf4 where there is a night and day mode for maps. changes the entire feel of the map when its the same map u've been playing during the day!!

yeah i was hoping they would do that for BF3. they released a few like that for BC2 and it really gave the maps a new feeling.

Anybody remember the BF2 expansion pack Special Forces? I always liked the night maps(Devil's Perch, Night Fall) and the ability to use the night vision goggles. It would be nice if they brought that feature back for BF4.

Also liked the ability to use the grapple hook to get to places you couldn't on vanilla bf2.

Last edited:
The game doesn't appear to be as well populated. Probably partly due to the time of year but with the recent fire sale of premium, I am kind of surprised.

there are serious connection issues going on for the last 2 weeks

some people are fine, others are having serious issues.

there are serious connection issues going on for the last 2 weeks

some people are fine, others are having serious issues.

Yeah I just played almost an entire round this morning, was 1st in the server, good score, then SOMETHING went wrong and I get disco'd.

This is why I have played 4 rounds in 2 weeks. Game is not as well populated now for obvious reasons.

I thought they already fixed the connection issues? (Have not played in nearly two weeks).

Got my connection issue solved atm. Had to hard reboot the cable modem and re-update pb. I have to say the game is playing better now. I had not done that since the ddos and I guess it needed to be done after the battlelog update? Dunno but try it.

Some low level all stars out there. A level 7 on bazaar had a 42-5 as infantry for example. I wonder how many copies of the game they have gone through? lol

Got my connection issue solved atm. Had to hard reboot the cable modem and re-update pb. I have to say the game is playing better now. I had not done that since the ddos and I guess it needed to be done after the battlelog update? Dunno but try it.

Some low level all stars out there. A level 7 on bazaar had a 42-5 as infantry for example. I wonder how many copies of the game they have gone through? lol

Were they legit though? Before I stopped playing a couple of weeks ago (ea connections ftl), there was quite a bit of low level guys one shot killing me and my team in rush (and yet they couldn't keep up kills wise with me lulz).

I always keep my eyes on low level "all-stars". They're either starting fresh or up to other things.

Is cheating/hacking that bad? I have to say that I enjoyed the heck out of BF1942 and BF2, but BC2 and BF3 have been a major letdown for me. And if I had to be honest, MP gaming has been downhill since the first L4D. I miss being able to logon @ any hour and make quick friends. BF3 better get voice done properly...a filter or mic requirement should be available for some servers. I'd also like to see some sort of "qualification test" that would then serve to rank people and keep similar skill individuals together...yes, I know this paragraph is long and convoluted and that I'm dreaming.

Were they legit though? Before I stopped playing a couple of weeks ago (ea connections ftl), there was quite a bit of low level guys one shot killing me and my team in rush (and yet they couldn't keep up kills wise with me lulz).

I always keep my eyes on low level "all-stars". They're either starting fresh or up to other things.

There was a shitload of accounts banned a few weeks ago, that's probably why you see an influx of people twinking.

Things like them pre-firing spawns, having a VERY good shot, snapping from one person to another who was in deep cover and not firing....yeah

Is it worth getting back into this? I haven't played in a long time, are the expansions required?

Is it worth getting back into this? I haven't played in a long time, are the expansions required?

Not required but highly useful...The community is pretty fractured because of the expansions so you'll find populated servers for any level of DLC.

Back