Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Mirillis Action! looks extremely smooth. Best gaming video quality I have seen on youtube so far. It has a free 30 day trial and is $29.95 btw. Looks worth the money to me.

HEY!! Could we use this in comp as a battlerecorder of sorts? Each player has to use it?

Last edited:
Just got my new BenQ monitor today. Has anyone had a chance to play BF3 on their BenQ monitor? I'm thinking of reinstalling BF3 just for that.

Just got my new BenQ monitor today. Has anyone had a chance to play BF3 on their BenQ monitor? I'm thinking of reinstalling BF3 just for that.

You mean the 120hz with lightboost enabled? Yes. I don't have premium though so there aren't many servers available to play on, so i hardly play. Can't support a game that doesn't have proper VOIP.

You mean the 120hz with lightboost enabled? Yes. I don't have premium though so there aren't many servers available to play on, so i hardly play. Can't support a game that doesn't have proper VOIP.

Nobody uses voip in a game that large. What would that sound like in a public server? Yikes! I don't WANT to hear what most of the people I kill sound like anyway. Use TS, Skype, Mumble whatever. It's a pc not a console.

Squad based VoIP. Obviously no one wants to hear every player on the server, not sure what the issue is.

Yup, that one. I'll make sure to enable lightboost. Is that on the monitor itself or in game options?

anyone else having lag issues here?

Recently, i dont know whats going in, but every game I join is laggy and my bullets seem to have little impact..ill shoot a guy first and the dude will still end up killing me. Like, wtf? i had to drop the supressor b/c it got so annoying

ridiculous.. i play mostly at nights and the average ping is like 170, while the highest I go is like 40.. could that be it? I googled and practically did everything I could (lowered settings, disabled coolnquiet)..

man fuck EA. Will be the last time i buy anything from them.

Last edited:

Recently, i dont know whats going in, but every game I join is laggy and my bullets seem to have little impact..ill shoot a guy first and the dude will still end up killing me. Like, wtf? i had to drop the supressor b/c it got so annoying

ridiculous.. i play mostly at nights and the average ping is like 170, while the highest I go is like 40.. could that be it? I googled and practically did everything I could (lowered settings, disabled coolnquiet)..

It has been laggy. If you are playing with a bunch of people above 150 ping, there will be issues like that. It gets worse on small maps with 64 players. Also, the game seems brighter now?

It has been laggy. If you are playing with a bunch of people above 150 ping, there will be issues like that. It gets worse on small maps with 64 players. Also, the game seems brighter now?

i dont know if its brighter, but ive tampered with so many settings that i dont know what it is anymore lol. Joined a game of noshar canal, hit tab and it seemed like everyone had a ping higher than 130. Where are they joining from?

I try to join games that have around 20 people playing and i still lag (map size makes no difference for me).

only got like 3 1/2 weeks of good gameplay. If everyones lagging, then I can deal with it, but it just doesnt seem that way. Does this game have lag comp? Might have to go play TF2 much to my dismay. Damn I had fun when i didnt lag.

Try playing with the network smoothing in menu. It helps some but lately I have really seen more lag spikes. Either EA screwed something up or more people are cheating and that can cause the server to freak out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJdLeJgFXj4

i tried that a few weeks ago to fix my hit reg. It worked for a while but I dont see a difference anymore. Yeah Im starting to think hackers are screwing the servers up so I can sleep at night lol. Hopefully EA can get their shit together b/c the game was great when it didnt lag.

i dont know if its brighter, but ive tampered with so many settings that i dont know what it is anymore lol. Joined a game of noshar canal, hit tab and it seemed like everyone had a ping higher than 130. Where are they joining from?

I try to join games that have around 20 people playing and i still lag (map size makes no difference for me).

only got like 3 1/2 weeks of good gameplay. If everyones lagging, then I can deal with it, but it just doesnt seem that way. Does this game have lag comp? Might have to go play TF2 much to my dismay. Damn I had fun when i didnt lag.

A lot of south american teams will have their servers in NY, or other major hubs on the southern part of the east coast. mainly because it's the closest (read fastest, as in best connection not necessarily geographic distance) access they have to reliable gamerserver hosting, while still reaching the USA population.

For instance just the other night I joined a Brazilian server hosted in NY, I'll have the best ping, but all the players are from Brazil with 150+ pings and the server messages are all in Spanish/Portuguese because it's managed by a Brazilian clan.

A lot of south american teams will have their servers in NY, or other major hubs on the southern part of the east coast. mainly because it's the closest (read fastest, as in best connection not necessarily geographic distance) access they have to reliable gamerserver hosting, while still reaching the USA population.

For instance just the other night I joined a Brazilian server hosted in NY, I'll have the best ping, but all the players are from Brazil with 150+ pings and the server messages are all in Spanish/Portuguese because it's managed by a Brazilian clan.

did you lag in that game?

I guess thats understandable, but its ruining the experience for the rest of us. They should list where they are from in the game title to avoid confusion. I have my server set for NA, yet people are joining with 200 ping, 300 ping (saw a guy with 1400 ping last night). I should be able to join games wheres everyone is under 50 ping; hopefully they incorporate a ping filter in their next game.

BF3 premium worth getting?

If you play the game a decent amount yes. Don't pay full price. In it's current state, I can't play it much without getting pissed off at the gameplay. That's why I am joining organized competition and just playing private servers as much as possible.

This is my general experience with BF3. Last night I played for the first time in a month or so, and over half of the server had players with 400+ pings and my own ping was 40. The game ran very slow and I lagged all over the place...extremely unenjoyable.

There definitely needs to be some kind of default ping filter enabled to keep out the high-ping exploiters.

This is my general experience with BF3. Last night I played for the first time in a month or so, and over half of the server had players with 400+ pings and my own ping was 40. The game ran very slow and I lagged all over the place...extremely unenjoyable.

There definitely needs to be some kind of default ping filter enabled to keep out the high-ping exploiters.

Seriously, its complete BS. My damn resolution is at like 14xx by something and the game still lags.

I just installed TF2, and wow its a world of difference.

Just got banned from =HOG= 24/7 Mixed Map Madness server. Played three rounds...did ok on a CQ map...owned from the air on a vanilla map with nearly 10-1 KDR and then got kicked mid-round on Gulf of Oman owning from the air. Was playing against all =HOG= guys on the other side and random pubs on my side. If your halfway decent from the air then steer clear of these guys, they obviously can't handle competition.

Donya Fortress round:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/55498974/1/231309390/

Caspian Border round:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/55501572/1/231309390/

(player name is USMCGrunt0307)

Just got banned from =HOG= 24/7 Mixed Map Madness server. Played three rounds...did ok on a CQ map...owned from the air on a vanilla map with nearly 10-1 KDR and then got kicked mid-round on Gulf of Oman owning from the air. Was playing against all =HOG= guys on the other side and random pubs on my side. If your halfway decent from the air then steer clear of these guys, they obviously can't handle competition.

Donya Fortress round:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/55498974/1/231309390/

Caspian Border round:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/#!/bf3/battlereport/show/55501572/1/231309390/

(player name is USMCGrunt0307)

Don't feel bad, the =HOG= servers are the worst...their admins are faggots, I got banned from all their servers. Just search for it on the battlefield forums and you'll see how many people have complained about them.

Don't feel bad, the =HOG= servers are the worst...their admins are faggots, I got banned from all their servers. Just search for it on the battlefield forums and you'll see how many people have complained about them.

They love to squeal like a pig!

I have been banned from their servers since bf2 I think. I am such a haxor!

So easy to steamroll those Brazilian dorks, they're all terrible. Just be sure to 'h' to hide the chat box or suffer the mindless droning of their jajajajajajaja chatspam and hackusations and votekick attempts every time you squash one of these insects

Brazilian servers are a long running joke and place to farm easy kills now and then when the need for mild amusement arises, great practice grounds if you're new to the game as well

Last edited:
This is my general experience with BF3. Last night I played for the first time in a month or so, and over half of the server had players with 400+ pings and my own ping was 40. The game ran very slow and I lagged all over the place...

There is a ping kicker plugin that server owners can choose to implement, however most don't because they only care about keeping their server populated. Same mentality why you see 95% of servers are mindless instant vehicle spawn.. noobs and ADHD kids demand arcade mode and leave if there's even a second of wait time in the action

But they're such noobish cannon fodder...was a great time...hate that I can't continue to own them anymore :( lol

Just played some rounds with my bros.

Went 50-1 on rush.

The hackusations were flyinggggggggggggggggggggg.

144hz monitors are too fucking good.

Hi guys,

Fellow BF3 player here. My BF3 name is DA_CAT, I'm playing from New Zealand, and I'm currently looking for a clan and friends to play with (preferably with comms also).

Please help me out, heaps of thanks :)

their admins are gay? were you not gay enough so they banned you? I dont understand?

So easy to steamroll those Brazilian dorks, they're all terrible. Just be sure to 'h' to hide the chat box or suffer the mindless droning of their jajajajajajaja chatspam and hackusations and votekick attempts every time you squash one of these insects

Brazilian servers are a long running joke and place to farm easy kills now and then when the need for mild amusement arises, great practice grounds if you're new to the game as well

BR's are the worst, espeically in DOTA.

This comic was created for a reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PjrTOjxjxk

Welp.

Just had my highest streak ever of 40 kills and apparently dxtory didn't record any of it because my recording drive letter changed at some point this week. :(

Back