Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Managed to play few rounds on Karkand before the servers went down ( or Origin), damn that map was even more sniper infested than BC2...

Good, makes for an easy win while people sit on rooftops like idiots

oh wow I'm lolling. silly error on my part, I shall leave it though, those two posts had me laughing pretty hard

for fucksakes. i came home ready to download and play the new bf3 DLC and now i cant even flipping login thanks to the authentication servers being down!

piss off ea
Its a Tuesday morning... when would you prefer the servers be undergoing maintenance? Seems like an ideal time to me. ... but then again, I'm at work (currently on lunch break) so it works for me! :p

Its a Tuesday morning... when would you prefer the servers be undergoing maintenance? Seems like an ideal time to me. ... but then again, I'm at work (currently on lunch break) so it works for me! :p

they should have done it yesterday when they werent launching new content

its absolutely idiotic

they should have done it yesterday when they werent launching new content

its absolutely idiotic
They probably did. They most likely ran into an unforeseen issue which is why they give the generic "servers are down for maintenance" error code.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending DICE. Under normal circumstances this wouldn't be an issue or could be forgiven, but they have had several fuckups lately.

U KNOW WHAT. screw any centralized distributed server and give me old school type IP address of a particular server that some guy in his basement is running and connect and play there. none of this origin/steam authentication bullshit, none of this retarded stat tracking perk COD rip off crap. just a basic type IP address and freaking load up whatever map that server is running on and just play and have fun.

HATE all this authentication crap and COD style perk bullshit.

fffuuu.gif

if I see anything on twitter I will post it, EA and origin are just saying they hope its back soon, too late for me, wasted lunch break...

U KNOW WHAT. screw any centralized distributed server and give me old school type IP address of a particular server that some guy in his basement is running and connect and play there. none of this origin/steam authentication bullshit, none of this retarded stat tracking perk COD rip off crap. just a basic type IP address and freaking load up whatever map that server is running on and just play and have fun.

Then this game isn't for you. You should stop playing.

:confused:

No, he's got a point... I was just actually mentioning this on another thread. Stupid unnecessary services preventing people from playing the game.

You cannot play for 3 hours within a month and this makes you rage so much ? :) Try yoga. It helps.

NERD RAGE!!!

Darnit, all the people I know that keep their PC on all night and stayed logged into Origin are playing!

You cannot play for 3 hours within a month and this makes you rage so much ? :) Try yoga. It helps.

The problem is I don't have the time to play as much as I did back in the college/high school days, so when I have some time off and decide to play this stuff comes up.

But that's not the point... The point is we don't need the dependence on these extra authentication steps. It's not the same as before where for example a new map would come out and you could just create a listen server and explore it yourself and get to know it, all without logging in into anything, without needing an internet connection.

It's also not the first time we've had origin related problems.

O SORRY. I DID NOT KNOW there was a set date and time that i can and cannot use a PRODUCT in which i bought legitimately using my hard earned cash. by bad

@origin_EA Update: We’re still investigating the issues involving accessing Origin. We’re working as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.

very reassuring....

Yep, tried to log into Origin to check out B2K and..."Authentication servers are down". Awesome.

Really doing a good job selling me on Origin, EA... :rolleyes:

Jebus.. You people cry this hard when you lose service on your cell phones too? Or when you get a flat tire on your car?

Shit, atleast some of you, actually got to see the new maps, I just got back into town.. :(

Jebus.. You people cry this hard when you lose service on your cell phones too? Or when you get a flat tire on your car?

Shit, atleast some of actually got to see the new maps, I just got back into town..

i got a flat tire on my car on sunday and was pissed

It wouldn't be as infuriating except Origin DOES NOTHING for BF3. It's just some bullshit obstacle that EA put in the way of playing, and now it's preventing me from playing altogether...

Yeah, I'm pissed.

Shit, atleast some of you, actually got to see the new maps, I just got back into town.. :(

NO! We are used to cellphones being dependent on a SERVICE that can go down at any time... In the past, games didn't just stop working because authentication servers failed.

You see, its about something that didn't happen in the past and happens now.

It wouldn't be as infuriating except Origin DOES NOTHING for BF3. It's just some bullshit obstacle that EA put in the way of playing, and now it's preventing me from playing altogether...

Yeah, I'm pissed.

Origin does something for BF3 - it provides DRM for it, just like Steam provides DRM for Valve (and many others). Your complaints may be valid, but welcome to the world of online authenticated DRM-restricted gaming. It's only going to get worse.

The problem is I don't have the time to play as much as I did back in the college/high school days, so when I have some time off and decide to play this stuff comes up.

But that's not the point... The point is we don't need the dependence on these extra authentication steps. It's not the same as before where for example a new map would come out and you could just create a listen server and explore it yourself and get to know it, all without logging in into anything, without needing an internet connection.

It's also not the first time we've had origin related problems.

It takes me almost as long to authenticate, login and all that bullshit as it takes to load a map. From the browser, its nearly 5min to get into a game. Half of that being loading, the rest being bullshit.

Pissed I cant play. Shell out enough for a game like this only to be stuck offline due to this authentication bullshit.

I pay $160 a month for my cell phone. You bet your ass I loose my shit when service goes down. You ever want to see a CSR cry? goto the telus call center when my phone looses service and I call to rape their ears.
Should have seen it when a guy parked his car infront of my driveway and blocked it last winter(my street tickets). I honked 6 times, waited 5min,....tow cables to his accord and dragged it with my truck across the street and left it in the middle of the road.
World is a simple place. When people make it unnecessarily complicated due to stupidity or laziness, im happy to rage out.

Last edited:
Mine work ffine, I guess you purchase the box version ?,, you will probably have to wait until the 15th, 7 flags in Karkand, wow, but I just load the game, I will give the real try after breakfast

Digital download straight from Orgin chief :D

Did you log out and back in? It thought I didn't have it either, I relogged and it worked fine.

Going to try now. I'm pretty sure I relogged in prior to my last post . Thanks for the advice

Wow, I can't even login to force offline mode. I'm almost tempted to use the Origin bypass crack

Last edited:
Back