Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Through his patented drunken break dance weight loss system no less:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBdYfD6s8u4&feature=related

love the leg thrusts

To be clear, I don't know if that is §·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï, but I think that's his youtube channel. Pretty funny stuff in that video though.

ROFL nice find of a old embarrassing video that I uploaded. That was a funny night... was about 5am and everyone was passed out drunk on the couches, but Megan was still up dancing for us, I decided to battle her and try to show her up on a couple moves with my big goofy ass hahaha.

Anyways, can't wait to play the new maps tonight when I get off work tonight.

Anyone else lagging a bit on the Gulf of Oman map?

My Crossfire setup, which I finally cured from microstutter is getting taxed hard.. Saw my first high 40's (FPS) in a long time...

Anyone else lagging a bit on the Gulf of Oman map?

My Crossfire setup, which I finally cured from microstutter is getting taxed hard.. Saw my first high 40's (FPS) in a long time...

Do not complain. I play on E6750 and ATI 5870 and it is fine ;)

Going to be in the minority here, but I am actually disliking the new content a whole lot. Oman is all about the air superiority but there is no point in equipping the SA-18 because all a heli has to do is dip behind one of the many, many buildings for 3 seconds to kill your lock. The F-35 is a piece of shit. Karkand is chaotic and directionless and 90% of my spawns end up insta-killed by someone squatting behind me, and all the new physics objects are annoying - more often than not I try to jump off a balcony and it simply won't let me until I try five or six times. Things like trees falling into points that can't be jumped over so you have to conduct firefights by running aaaall the way around them, lots of terrain/player collision issues. Sharqui is pretty cool but just feels a lot like Grand Bazaar, though I've only played Rush. Wake Rush could be fun but I'm reserving judgment until I play with a better team.

The new unlocks? Not liking how they are map-specific. "Kill x number of guys with y on Karkand". I don't want to play Karkand, it's a heap of shit and always was. I wouldn't mind unlocking this new gear though.

So far i've played all but Sharqi, and these maps are just amazing. I wish this much attention was put into the maps that shipped with the game. BF3 was a gigantic leap ahead of BC2, but these maps are still quite a bit better. I hope Dice keeps pumping out map packs like this.

So far my only gripe, and it is minor, is the way unlocks are displayed for the new content. A quick 5 second flash of "assignments" with no explanation on how to even unlock them is annoying. I wish they added it as a tab to the after battle report instead of its own screen.

maps are boss.

hope they optimize them a bit though. fps has dropped to the low 50's a few times.. though it's still completely fine I guess. any lower than 40 and it would be an 'issue'

Did Origin die for anyone else. Went to play, and it I was logged out for some reason. Tried to log in, and kept getting told my password was wrong. I knew it wasn't but I changed my password anyway, still telling me it's wrong. I can login online just fine, but I cannot log into Origin.

Going to be in the minority here, but I am actually disliking the new content a whole lot. Oman is all about the air superiority but there is no point in equipping the SA-18 because all a heli has to do is dip behind one of the many, many buildings for 3 seconds to kill your lock. The F-35 is a piece of shit. Karkand is chaotic and directionless and 90% of my spawns end up insta-killed by someone squatting behind me, and all the new physics objects are annoying - more often than not I try to jump off a balcony and it simply won't let me until I try five or six times. Things like trees falling into points that can't be jumped over so you have to conduct firefights by running aaaall the way around them, lots of terrain/player collision issues. Sharqui is pretty cool but just feels a lot like Grand Bazaar, though I've only played Rush. Wake Rush could be fun but I'm reserving judgment until I play with a better team.

The new unlocks? Not liking how they are map-specific. "Kill x number of guys with y on Karkand". I don't want to play Karkand, it's a heap of shit and always was. I wouldn't mind unlocking this new gear though.

soflam + javelin.

Green flashes / flicker that was fixed a few patches ago is back and the IRNV is no longer nerfed?

When will the beta end... When?

Great maps though, just needs patching to the level of regular BF3.

So far my only gripe, and it is minor, is the way unlocks are displayed for the new content. A quick 5 second flash of "assignments" with no explanation on how to even unlock them is annoying. I wish they added it as a tab to the after battle report instead of its own screen.

the assignments and how do to them are on battlelog with its own tab

Unlocked the Famas before. Feels alittle like f2000. Anyone get any of the new weapons?

Did Origin die for anyone else. Went to play, and it I was logged out for some reason. Tried to log in, and kept getting told my password was wrong. I knew it wasn't but I changed my password anyway, still telling me it's wrong. I can login online just fine, but I cannot log into Origin.

same crap login server down, aside this morning server crash and in another game my pc crash , new maps are good, but same BS

crap.jpg

Unlocked the Famas before. Feels alittle like f2000. Anyone get any of the new weapons?

LOL,. I have to make 50 suppression, I'm good to kill not suppress, and when I gone have my lovely m36, they gone nerf it because the noobs will complain again and again

sup.jpg

OK so im not the only one that is getting the Password / username Error ATM, maybe are they doing a Update to that server?

NOTICE We are performing maintenance on the game in general at the moment. We will keep you updated on the progress.
NOTICE We are performing maintenance on the game in general at the moment. We will keep you updated on the progress.

The moon & stars all lined up perfectly for me today; Business is slow due to upcoming holidays, the woman is out of the house, and I was all set to get an epic 3-5 hour BF3 marathon on, but NOOOOO A BIG FUUUUU FROM DICE! FUCKERS!!! :mad:

NOTICE We are performing felatio on the mangy general at the moment. We will keep you updated on the progress.
NOTICE We are performing felatio on the mangy general at the moment. We will keep you updated on the progress.

They ruined karkand, the scale is not correct and they took too many creative freedoms on it. mad.

Managed to play few rounds on Karkand before the servers went down ( or Origin), damn that map was even more sniper infested than BC2...

this.

with a reliable squadmate, you can shut down an entire teams air force and ground vehicles too.

which is annoying because 50% of players are engi and the range is way too far. totally unballanced.

They ruined karkand, the scale is not correct and they took too many creative freedoms on it. mad.

Karkand was the only map I got to play before the crash. It looked beautiful with my eyefinity setup on a mixture of high and medium settings, but I was getting raped from every direction. Chaotic pretty much sums it up, but it really forces you to squad up if you want any kind of fighting chance.

No, they didn't. I guess you can still play original in BF2? :)

Uhm yeah they did. Tell me the main road from US to hotel isn't shortened?? How about the whole russian base being changed? No destructible bridges? get real.

Uhm yeah they did. Tell me the main road from US to hotel isn't shortened?? How about the whole russian base being changed? No destructible bridges? get real.

Plus the BF2 version had "fog of war" which prevented the sniper orgy that we have here :mad:

Plus the BF2 version had "fog of war" which prevented the sniper orgy that we have here :mad:

Just play in a good squad with snipers deploying spawn points and radars and you will be fine. Runnig around alone indeed is difficult on thos maps.

The new maps are great. Karkland is pretty chaotic though. Seems like some of the new weapons will take a while to get. I do as well hope that EA keeps putting out excellent add-ons like this.

Can't wait to get home tonight and play Wake Island. Sounds like SKS+4x+Silencer will also be dominant on Karkand, too... :D

for fucksakes. i came home ready to download and play the new bf3 DLC and now i cant even flipping login thanks to the authentication servers being down!

piss off ea

Back