Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

No ability to rebind the spot/commrose key?! No queuing for servers in battlelog?! No in-game ping?! Buggy server admin kicks?! WTF were DICE doing between the beta and retail release??

Edit: random server disconnects.

Feels like the proper beta we are testing now.

Last edited:
What is the story with the dog tags? I got them but have no clue what to do with them and further more I have no idea how to get access to the bonus pack. I ordered the preorder from Amazon

Go to your soldier in battelog and than click on the "dog tags" next to awards, look for "edit dog tag." You can then choose which dog tag design to use.

The dog tag is just a "flavor" type item that sometimes shows up in the game, for instance when you get knifed.

The Amazon preorder I believe only had the dog tags as a bonus. You'll need to wait for Back to Karkand to be released to get that with your Limited Edition preorder.

i am desperated. help me please!!! can't join any server. i've done all the updates installed the bf plugin for google chrome and everething, but when i press "join the server" it does nothing. it says "joining", but it actually never connects to the server. what can i do?

i am desperated. help me please!!! can't join any server. i've done all the updates installed the bf plugin for google chrome and everething, but when i press "join the server" it does nothing. it says "joining", but it actually never connects to the server. what can i do?
I noticed that during the beta. Then I realized that the game loads but it was minimized on my taskbar, still does this now too. So maybe that's where it's at and all you need to do is click it on the taskbar?

No ability to rebind the spot/commrose key?! No queuing for servers in battlelog?! No in-game ping?! Buggy server admin kicks?! WTF were DICE doing between the beta and retail release??

Edit: random server disconnects.

Feels like the proper beta we are testing now.

What is all this with getting kicked and disconnected? Im on wireless that has been kinda bad lately and not once was I disconnected. I have been tpying fuck you fag and the likes in game and not once kicked by an admin. No lag, no messed up textures, no issues with servers for me. I guess I must have the real game.

What is all this with getting kicked and disconnected? Im on wireless that has been kinda bad lately and not once was I disconnected. I have been tpying fuck you fag and the likes in game and not once kicked by an admin. No lag, no messed up textures, no issues with servers for me. I guess I must have the real game.

People getting kicked by admin have a bad punkbuster install, they just need to go here http://bf4noobs.com/2011/10/25/kicked-by-admin-problem/ and try those fixes.

Well so far the game runs great. No crashes or slow downs, and battle log seems to be working great. My only complaint is how light fucking blinds you. Whether it be the sun or a street light on a night map it just blinds you and is very annoying. Any way to tone it down?

The "kicked by admin" seems totally random. Played on the H servers fine last night, try a random new one today and booted... fix this fucking game already... this is like Rage level of fail with their release.

BF3 multiplayer compared to Bad Company 2 is a let down so far. Visually some areas look great, but overall BC2 looks and feels much better. Gameplay mechanics are much better and smoother in BC2. There seems to be better control and precision too.
BF3 controls are clunky and often unresponsive
Maybe after a few patches BF3 will improve? I'm really hoping.

The "kicked by admin" seems totally random. Played on the H servers fine last night, try a random new one today and booted... fix this fucking game already... this is like Rage level of fail with their release.

Might be that the server is expecting a newer version of PB. Update it manually from www.evenbalance.com

Anyone know the best place for digital DL of BF3? Any deals out there?

Amazon has the download version for $50.99

I'm pretty sure it's server lag. Or at least a full network load at the server farm. I live about 50 miles away from NYC, yet I was rubberbanding horribly on the NY servers I've tried (even with 32 players), yet had little to no lag when I switched to Dallas servers (at 48+ players).

After a week or two when everyone's not playing, it will disappear and be playable again.

Rubber banding is getting annoying...

Actually, at least from my experience in Eve online the rubberbanding is your computer desyncing with the server, which of course can be lag related but can also be caused by other issues.

There's just too many "easy" ways to kill jets/heli's with all the engineers, the AA placements, etc.

They need to find a way to limit it somewhat so that you don't have 10 rockets flying at you as soon as you come anywhere near a battlezone.

Did you ever think that maybe the fact that infantry start being attacked by choppers, and even jets, within seconds of spawning?

IMO some of the maps have far to many vehicles, ground and air, for their size. This basically forces most of the players to roll engineer so they can take out the tanks, jeeps, apcs, jets and choppers.

Also vehicles should have extremely limited ammo, just as infantry do (maybe allow support to reload them..... but slowly.)

Who's idea was it to put dirt in my eyes during SP?

Yeah, that is annoying an hell. Stupidest idea ever!

Also vehicles should have extremely limited ammo, just as infantry do (maybe allow support to reload them..... but slowly.)

I love playing thanks and I don't want them to nerf the ammo for them. But I have to agree.. tanks with fast reload specs is a bit fast. Maybe 3 seconds max fire to fire.

Guess what I just found in my closet this morning? Check it out:

CMqOh.jpg

I set all the controls up and then it was time for work. Fuuuuuuu:mad::mad:

Finally manage to play a round of conquest. Boy did it stutter badly.

I've turned down the graphics quality and it still some how doesn't feel as smooth as it did in beta.

BF3 multiplayer compared to Bad Company 2 is a let down so far. Visually some areas look great, but overall BC2 looks and feels much better. Gameplay mechanics are much better and smoother in BC2. There seems to be better control and precision too.
BF3 controls are clunky and often unresponsive
Maybe after a few patches BF3 will improve? I'm really hoping.

You just have to adapt to a new play style. BF3 controls and mechanics are different game from BC2.
I went back to BC2 just to play around and it felt like I dropped my kb/m in quicksand.

was it 1942 where the tanks had like 30 shells but all Caps had ammo regen crates in them for vehicles AND infantry?

I wouldnt complain if they went back to that, but maybe more like 50 rounds :p

You just have to adapt to a new play style. BF3 controls and mechanics are different game from BC2.
I went back to BC2 just to play around and it felt like I dropped my kb/m in quicksand.

this. mess with the controls some, I thikn the gun play is MUCH better, harder than BC2 thanks to improved recoil.

also you are a dick :), I was like 0-5 against you when I was on hard gaming tuesday night

That doesn't work for the majority of people.

The answer to the problem is turning Punkbuster off untill its fixed. [H] servers are now setup like this except for Rush 1 and Conquest 2 which filled as soon as the servers came back up from the nightly maintenance.

Yep, it feels really, really nice with the new movement mechanics, etc. in BF3. I also like the gunplay better.

The answer to the problem is turning Punkbuster off untill its fixed. [H] servers are now setup like this except for Rush 1 and Conquest 2 which filled as soon as the servers came back up from the nightly maintenance.

I was hoping that PB wouldn't be used with BF3. A nightmare of problems in BC2 with it, now BF3 is no different. The 15min. then crash issue in BC2 back in March, forced me to drop the game for 2 months.
PB affects so many things that it's hard to narrow down the issue. Uninstalling it is best until they fix it, only do it if the game is unplayable for you. Thankfully my install is fine, but I can see many others having PB issues over and over again.

I was hoping that PB wouldn't be used with BF3. A nightmare of problems in BC2 with it, now BF3 is no different.
PB affects so many things that it's hard to narrow down the issue. Uninstalling it is best. Thankfully my install is fine but I can see many others have PB issues over and over again.

I've only had PB issues twice ever since playing COD:MW1 ages ago... once there when I had to re-install from the evenbalance site, and once in BC2 where I had to manually update it for around a week every time before I played, before it started working again on its own. I don't get what the big deal with it is... I'd say it works for the vast majority of people. It's not the best defense in the world but it helps root out the casual cheaters and makes the barrier to entry of cheating a little higher.

Guess what I just found in my closet this morning? Check it out:

CMqOh.jpg

I set all the controls up and then it was time for work. Fuuuuuuu:mad::mad:

LMAO! That's exactly the one I have and never used since BF2. I had to undust it A LOT :D

Let me know how it works for BF3

Has anyone seen this "How they made it" for the battlefield 3 simulator...

To me portions of the game vs the guy playing look very scripted and from the trailers.

http://youtu.be/eg8Bh5iI2WY

he is playing through the campaign level shown dlin the trailers, presumably because the game hadn't been released yet they wanted them to only show the levels that had been publicly demoed

I was hoping that PB wouldn't be used with BF3. A nightmare of problems in BC2 with it, now BF3 is no different. The 15min. then crash issue in BC2 back in March, forced me to drop the game for 2 months.
PB affects so many things that it's hard to narrow down the issue. Uninstalling it is best until they fix it, only do it if the game is unplayable for you. Thankfully my install is fine, but I can see many others having PB issues over and over again.

We turned it off serverside so clientside doesnt have to be messed with.

So what happened to squads in BF3 then, are they managed in game now? Do they work correctly, like can you party up with friends to the same squads.

So what happened to squads in BF3 then, are they managed in game now? Do they work correctly, like can you party up with friends to the same squads.

I've been playing in the same squads as my friends with no issue. I think if you party join you will automatically be in the same squad. If not, you can leave squad and rejoin the same squad in game.

On a side note... my friend's party join is now working. The culprit turned out to be his anti-virus which was blocking some functionality.

Does anyone know how i can move my install to an SSD? I preloaded via Origin and installed on HD. Will i have to download again, and re install? Thanks

LMAO! That's exactly the one I have and never used since BF2. I had to undust it A LOT :D

Let me know how it works for BF3

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Windows 7 picked it right up with no issues. I was able to bind all the buttons and axis no problem, but didnt have time to test. I can't wait to try it out.

I wish there was a way to fire up an empty server for me to practice in.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Windows 7 picked it right up with no issues. I was able to bind all the buttons and axis no problem, but didnt have time to test. I can't wait to try it out.

I wish there was a way to fire up an empty server for me to practice in.

Yeah, no kidding. I keep getting kicked out of server trying to bind keys and tweak the game lol

Does anyone know how i can move my install to an SSD? I preloaded via Origin and installed on HD. Will i have to download again, and re install? Thanks

Copy your BF3 install folder from the Origin Games folder to your SSD

Then open a command prompt and create a symbolic link using the below command.

Assuming C is your HD and D is your SSD. Obviously you may have to change the directories to match your setup.

Code:
mklink /d "C:\Origin Games\Old BF3 folder" "D:\New BF3 folder"

Why do you want to do that? Yes, an SSD makes games load faster but you have to wait for everyone else to join before a MP match starts so it is pointless. Apart from a faster loading time a test I read just yesterday on SSD vs HDD for games showed it is pretty much a waste of money.

Should I sell my GTX 460 for 130 and order a 560ti? Is it really worth the money?

Ok somepme plase tell me how to make Warfare pack activated? in my Origin the game is named BF3 limited edition, does this means the pack is already activared or?

Also, how is this code delivered in email? together with the product ID and order ID, or seperate?

you get an email with a product code for the physical warfare pack, then in Origin click the sprocket (upper right hand corner) and Redeem Product Code. the items will now be unlocked in game.

Should I sell my GTX 460 for 130 and order a 560ti? Is it really worth the money?

not going to be worth it, the cards are pretty close in performance. have you overclocked your 460? they clock like a bat out of hell.

Back