Battlefield 3 Free "On the House" offer

They are just trying to get more people to use origin. And a game like BF3 is a good choice because its sort of its P2W attributes so they actually stand a chance of making more money off of it.

Also, I am pretty sure most people who still play BF3 have purchased Premium, which means the community is fragmented if you only have the base game.

pretty sweet just an extra $40 to play with other people who have all the maps.

They already offered it in the $1 humble bundle. I don't think this is a huge surprise.

This will get the very last holdouts and hopefully gain some of that yummy DLC money.

They are just trying to get more people to use origin. And a game like BF3 is a good choice because its sort of its P2W attributes so they actually stand a chance of making more money off of it.

BF3 was never a freemium type game, never pay to win like you are implying. In fact, the best weapons in that game came with the base game (e.g. M16A3) and you did not have to pay for the DLC to get them. The DLC did come with a bunch of new content, but for the most part everything was pretty well balanced.

I think you are confusing the battlefield series with F2P "Freemium" games with P2W attributes like Planetside 2, of which even that game has very few pay to win setups.

Is there any way to limit origin bandwidth use?

I have a slow connection and it is hogging the whole darn thing.

Steam has a bandwidth limiter but I cannot find it in Origin.

aha, found a workaround http://seriousbit.com/netbalancer/

Pay to win attributes? What? Battlefield 3 doesn't have P2W, you can unlock a few useful things early (but they don't take long to earn anyway) by paying a few bucks, but the best weapons etc. other than some vehicle unlocks are earned within the first hour of gameplay anyway, with the vehicle ones coming quickly after.

This is a generous offer of EA to be honest, BF3 rocks and I love BF4 too.

Been trying to reset my Origin Password for over a day now. By the time the reset link hits my email, it has expired.

Typical EA.

Been trying to reset my Origin Password for over a day now. By the time the reset link hits my email, it has expired.

Typical EA.

The whole joke (that is also true) is that EA has to give out Battlefield 3 for free to get people to install and actually use origin. Otherwise very few gamers would be willing to use it.

It would've been better if this was offered on Steam than Origin. But I know free is free. :p

Also, I am pretty sure most people who still play BF3 have purchased Premium, which means the community is fragmented if you only have the base game.

Good. The humble bundlers that flooded into the game last year decimated the vanilla maps like termites, for at least a month. The DLC maps were the only place to catch a decent game after that sale without seeing everyone on your team running around like retards in your base and shooting at rocks.

Last edited:
Good. The humble bundlers that flooded into the game last year decimated the vanilla maps like termites, for at least a month. The DLC maps were the only place to catch a decent game after that sale without seeing everyone on your team running around like retards in your base and shooting at rocks.

Hey man, those rocks were asking for it!

This is annoying as hell, you download the game, you launch it, opens a web browser to pick a server / game. You find a game, join sever OH now it needs a battlelog plugin crap for your browser...

Now i know why Origin gets so much dam flack, cause it is a pain in the ass to use!!!!

4R0qBmG.png

Why the f*** do i need to install Origin crap if it is just going to run most of the BS in a browser anyways...

This is annoying as hell, you download the game, you launch it, opens a web browser to pick a server / game. You find a game, join sever OH now it needs a battlelog plugin crap for your browser...

Now i know why Origin gets so much dam flack, cause it is a pain in the ass to use!!!!

4R0qBmG.png

Why the f*** do i need to install Origin crap if it is just going to run most of the BS in a browser anyways...

The battlelog plugin is completely separate from Origin. Say what you will about Origin, but Battlelog is a completely separate entity specific to BF3 and BF4. In many ways it actually is pretty damned awesome once you get used to doing server browsing and player management through the web interface. The only PITA part about it was the separate in-game VOIP plugin specific to BF3. That part is not needed for BF4 since it released with VOIP support already in game and not patched in after the fact like BF3.

Does this version of BF3 have a single player option? I can't find my way to it.

4R0qBmG.png

I had a big gripe about this too until I started to get used to it.

Pretty useful and well laid out actually..

Just playd bf3 for the first time & wow this game looks great still & has a lot of variety in the maps...Some maps play like COD & others are all out war with planes, vehicles ect. I haven't enjoyed an MP game in a long time until playing this. I also got in on the red orchestra 2 & rising storm free dl & bf3 buries it along with most of the Multiplayer FPS games out right now for PC....the sound effects in this game are amazing as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZRdGhYGfng is everything in this trailer in the actual game?

Last edited:
be crazy not to gab this gem of a game many of us spent over a hundred for our self and kids

Does this version of BF3 have a single player option? I can't find my way to it.

I am sure it does. You launch it from the web browser. Look for a tab that says campaign.

I remember I had a hard time with the difficulty in SP and gave up on level 2 or 3.

Think I may go back and play this. I paid $60 for this game and then bought premium like a year ago. Getting sick of BF4 and refuse to buy premium for more than $25.

is the deal dead as of sunday? had a friend sign up for origin and plants vs zombies was up lol

They change every few weeks, maybe every month.Check under free games in Origin every few weeks.
1=Dead Space
2=BF3
3-Plants VS Zombies
4-?

the order they released the free ones was

dead space
plants vs zombies
BF3 (short run)
then back to Plants Vs Zombies??

Back