Battlefield 2042

1636937815864.png

I was watching JackFrags videos on it today and yesterday and it just looks bland and flat, not only in the gameplay department, but in the feel area. The game feel just feels muted in a way I can't describe. Very generic and bland. Physics are the worst I've seen in a game in a long time as well. How a tank falls to the ground from height makes it feel like it's made of cardboard.

The characters and their voice lines are straight up annoying too. How pompous they are without even swearing, all so politically correct, like a bunch of recruits from the local church.. and their incredibly repetitive 'LEAVE ME ALONE' when they die... ugh, rather play this with the sound off.

Game is made for consoles first and it shows in how the menus operate. And cross play in a battlefield game.. lame.

This is PUBG 2042.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching JackFrags videos on it today and yesterday and it just looks bland and flat, not only in the gameplay department, but in the feel area. The game feel just feels muted in a way I can't describe. Very generic and bland. Physics are the worst I've seen in a game in a long time as well. How a tank falls to the ground from height makes it feel like it's made of cardboard.

The characters and their voice lines are straight up annoying too. How pompous they are without even swearing, all so politically correct, like a bunch of recruits from the local church.. and their incredibly repetitive 'LEAVE ME ALONE' when they die... ugh, rather play this with the sound off.

Game is made for consoles first and it shows in how the menus operate. And cross play in a battlefield game.. lame.

This is PUBG 2042.
lot of people loved PUBG, so you're saying its going to be a huge hit?

This is PUBG 2042.

It's really bad when someone can simply watch gameplay videos and not actually play it, but still realize that the game is an absolute disaster.

Despite all the problems, I am loving that strafing and firing is extremely inaccurate. From BF3 to BF5, that console bullshit has ruined the gunplay. All the jokers on Reddit freaking out about it warms my heart. They're too dimwitted to crouch and burst fire like any decent shooter. The very idea of strafing left and right rapidly to win a firefight was just annoying.

yes, the way a tank hits the ground and has bad physics, absolute disaster, uninstall. game is so generic and bland, its like I'm not even playing it, oh wait.
What's the point of railing against someone's subjective opinion on a community forum like ours exactly? Does it make you feel better or nullify my or others' opinion when you say "hurr ur opinion sucks lol"?

Forums are generally a place for people to post their thoughts. If you disagree that's fine.. why do you have to be hostile about it though? Best to disagree and move on. You like the game, that's great. Why can't others voice a different opinion without hearing your ridiculous attacks on them for it?

What's the point of railing against someone's subjective opinion on a community forum like ours exactly? Does it make you feel better or nullify my or others' opinion when you say "hurr ur opinion sucks lol"?

Forums are generally a place for people to post their thoughts. If you disagree that's fine.. why do you have to be hostile about it though? Best to disagree and move on. You like the game, that's great. Why can't others voice a different opinion without hearing your ridiculous attacks on them for it?
fair enough, ill delete it

over 60% cpu average usage on 120 player map...I think we have a new champion of putting our cpus to max work. id hate to see some one try and play with dual or quad core :)

Kalston, I noticed that too. The game looks WAY better with HDR. I think the whole graphics were developed around HDR because they look like crap without it on.

So far I haven't had this much fun in a BF game since BF3. I could see me playing this for a long time, especially once it's polished. I just wish it wasn't so demanding. It's weird going from 4K BFV Ultra (which looks great too) at 130 FPS with my 3090 down to measly ~80 on Ultra in 2042.

BTW the move to 128 players is amazing. If people concentrate one area, it's freaking massive CHAOS I love it.
Maybe thats why I have been loving the look of the game. To me its much better than BFV. Maybe It is HDR since i been using it since the start?

I too am shocked to see how demanding the game is, specially on the CPU front. Makes me wonder if the game scales with memory on Ryzen? Either way might be a good idea to snag one of those Zen 3D's when they come out :p

Maybe thats why I have been loving the look of the game. To me its much better than BFV. Maybe It is HDR since i been using it since the start?

I too am shocked to see how demanding the game is, specially on the CPU front. Makes me wonder if the game scales with memory on Ryzen? Either way might be a good idea to snag one of those Zen 3D's when they come out :p
HDR or not, the level of detail is lower compared to BFV. It's not even close.

Sounds like you haven't even played the game and just joined the bandwagon that this game sucks. Because this game looks night and day better then all those games.

128 players is perfect if you ask me. Sure there are problems and bugs of course, but it isn't as bad as some in here and making it out to be. Shit there have been 2-3 people who said this game sucks in this thread, which have later changed their mind after playing the game.
There are 2 kinds of Battlefield players in general now: The ones that have been around since 1942 and can actually see the obivious . And then you have the DICE fan-boi defense force like this guy who has no clue what he's talking about. Dude must have diarrhea smeared over his eyes if he thinks this game looks better than BF:1, Star Wars Battlefront:2 or even BF:V. The game is trash just because you like it don't mean it isn't trash. Sorry for your poor taste. No server browser, no scoreboard, no voice chat randomized bullet deviation, no textures on most objects...etc etc the list can go on and on.

There are 2 kinds of Battlefield players in general now: The ones that have been around since 1942 and can actually see the obivious . And then you have the DICE fan-boi defense force like this guy who has no clue what he's talking about. Dude must have diarrhea smeared over his eyes if he thinks this game looks better than BF:1, Star Wars Battlefront:2 or even BF:V. The game is trash just because you like it don't mean it isn't trash. Sorry for your poor taste. No server browser, no scoreboard, no voice chat randomized bullet deviation, no textures on most objects...etc etc the list can go on and on.
The funny part, is that this game reminds me more of Planetside then it does BF. That may be a good thing if they can fix the massive number of Alpha build issues.

Hi lovely friends. I will buy game in december,waiting for cash from work. But i have a question. Is this worh to enable Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion? How much it hit performance?

I will be play on 1440P on Rtx 3090 + 10850K stock. Thx

Hi lovely friends. I will buy game in december,waiting for cash from work. But i have a question. Is this worh to enable Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion? How much it hit performance?

I will be play on 1440P on Rtx 3090 + 10850K stock. Thx
The hit is massive, and the game doesn't look great anyways. It's not worth it even with a 3090.

The hit is massive, and the game doesn't look great anyways. It's not worth it even with a 3090.
I would have to disagree. The game looks fantastic. The problem isn't the 3090, the problem is the game is very CPU bound even at 4k.

If you honestly don't like it, I think spreading false information in the thread is not warranted. No need to keep posting in here where a majority of the people actually like the game. Sure there are some issues, but it isn't as bad as you say it is.

Heck some of the people said they watched "videos" and said the game sucks. Sad really.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
I have a 6900 XT and a 5900X and can say that with ray tracing on, at times it'll drop to the teens for FPS. Even with RT off I get these weird dips, one second 120fps and the next a slide show, it seems to happen more on the newer maps and not the old ones. I have a pretty powerful system, and it still can be a bitch to run at times, impossible with RT. As far as the graphics, they are good but nothing groundbreak, take Far Cry 6, the game is drop dead gorgeous and even with two forms of RT I still can get 100fps across the board.
BF6 is just another shitty implementation of RT in my opinion., and unoptimized to boot, it reminds me of Cyberpunk.

I would have to disagree. The game looks fantastic. The problem isn't the 3090, the problem is the game is very CPU bound even at 4k.

If you honestly don't like it, I think spreading false information in the thread is not warranted. No need to keep posting in here where a majority of the people actually like the game. Sure there are some issues, but it isn't as bad as you say it is.

Heck some of the people said they watched "videos" and said the game sucks. Sad really.
I have 20 hours in 2042 so far, and I run it with max settings minus RT being on, which keep in mind, isn't reflections like we had in BFV. RT in this game only improves AO, and makes for a massive performance impact. It's not like BFV where we at least had really good looking reflections off of puddles and the glass in the Rotterdam map which was amazing looking.

Here's the difference - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/bf2042-nvidia-rtao-comparison-01/

Not worth the massive performance impact if you ask me, and that's a cherry picked screenshot by nvidia to demo the technology.

The game does not look or sound anywhere near as good as BFV. Full stop. We can disagree, but saying i'm spreading 'misinformation' is pure horseshit on your part.

I am enjoying the game, but I have to pretend it's not a Battlefield game. I'm pretending it's some weird psuedo-Planetside alpha state game. With that mindset I find the game somewhat more enjoyable, but it's still largely awful right now due to numerous quality of life issues like no scoreboard, no server browser, no changing/managing squads, no VOIP, no server-wide chat option, and other typical BF release non-sense that altogether makes for a very broke ass game.

Last edited:
The game does not look or sound anywhere near as good as BFV.
I played hours and hours of BF5 and would say the graphics are about even, I couldn't run RT because I had a 1080, but I agree totally with the sound, war tapes sounds nothing like past battlefields.

I played hours and hours of BF5 and would say the graphics are about even, I couldn't run RT because I had a 1080, but I agree totally with the sound, war tapes sounds nothing like past battlefields.
I would agree that graphics are even if you are comparing BF5 without RT features on to 2042. However, with RT features on, with maps like Rotterdam, it's no contest. BFV looks better. Higher poly counts in BFV, more detail, and raytraced reflections. The poor sound design coupled with how awful the gunplay is in 2042 is the nail in the coffin.

Anyone play a Team Deathmatch? I know the server browser isn't up until this week or whatever.

I have 20 hours in 2042 so far, and I run it with max settings minus RT being on, which keep in mind, isn't reflections like we had in BFV. RT in this game only improves AO, and makes for a massive performance impact. It's not like BFV where we at least had really good looking reflections off of puddles and the glass in the Rotterdam map which was amazing looking.

Here's the difference - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/comparisons/bf2042-nvidia-rtao-comparison-01/

Not worth the massive performance impact if you ask me, and that's a cherry picked screenshot by nvidia to demo the technology.

The game does not look or sound anywhere near as good as BFV. Full stop. We can disagree, but saying i'm spreading 'misinformation' is pure horseshit on your part.

I am enjoying the game, but I have to pretend it's not a Battlefield game. I'm pretending it's some weird psuedo-Planetside alpha state game. With that mindset I find the game somewhat more enjoyable, but it's still largely awful right now due to numerous quality of life issues like no scoreboard, no server browser, no changing/managing squads, no VOIP, no server-wide chat option, and other typical BF release non-sense that altogether makes for a very broke ass game.
That AO with ray tracing on looks pretty damned good to me.

That AO with ray tracing on looks pretty damned good to me.
I didn’t say it looked bad. The point is that it’s not worth halving your FPS for what amounts to AO, when the game already runs like ass. Further, it’s not as noticeable of an effect like RT reflections are in BFV.

I didn’t say it looked bad. The point is that it’s not worth halving your FPS for what amounts to AO, when the game already runs like ass. Further, it’s not as noticeable of an effect like RT reflections are in BFV.

Ray tracing in multiplayer is a big no no, still years off the performance hit being so negligable that it can be turned on, for shooters at least.

Ray tracing in multiplayer is a big no no, still years off the performance hit being so negligable that it can be turned on, for shooters at least.
Initially in BFV it wasn't worth it. However, with the number of patches and DLSS improvements I could justify running the reflections as I was achieving high enough FPS where it wasn't a concern. The trade-off there was either running with DLSS + RT reflections, or no DLSS no RT. The reflections were worth it in my opinion on some of the maps.

In this game, it's just better AO, and absolutely not worth the performance penalty given how bad it runs anyways. I've got to run it with DLSS Quality even with RT off just to achieve a decent FPS. It's not like my system is 'bad' either. It's a 5900x + 3080ti.

On the new maps with RT on I can go from 100fps down to the teens in a blink, i get higher FPS with the older maps so it's more like 120fps down to the teens with RT on. It's a shitty implementation of ray tracing, similar to Cyberpunk.

Initially in BFV it wasn't worth it. However, with the number of patches and DLSS improvements I could justify running the reflections as I was achieving high enough FPS where it wasn't a concern. The trade-off there was either running with DLSS + RT reflections, or no DLSS no RT. The reflections were worth it in my opinion on some of the maps.

In this game, it's just better AO, and absolutely not worth the performance penalty given how bad it runs anyways. I've got to run it with DLSS Quality even with RT off just to achieve a decent FPS. It's not like my system is 'bad' either. It's a 5900x + 3080ti.
To me RT was poorly implemented and is asking for trouble in MP. I always got long pauses and stutters in the beginning of a round and that's with a 3090.

To me RT was poorly implemented and is asking for trouble in MP. I always got long pauses and stutters in the beginning of a round and that's with a 3090.
That's the general issue with both BF1, and BF5 with DX12. It ran like shit compared to DX11, and as you say, it still largely does.

This is PUBG 2042.
I love PUBG and BF.

What is Portal?
I would like to know this as well as I have not kept up with the BF series in a bit. I still play BF4 for a good few rounds of fragging people. I am going to wait a bit to buy this version, if I do at all.

Back