Battlefield 2042

because if you are a day 1 buy anyways you might as well get the included goodies.
And for preloading the game so you can get in on the day 1 hype where almost everybody is green. With what the FCC considers the minimum for defining a broadband connection it would still take 8 hours to download an 80GB game.

Last edited:
Staying with the server. I play the objective, and no matter what happens, our highest scoring player, has a lower score than the lowest on the other team. Every game was like that.

If you stay with the server and get a lot of the same people on your team and same enemies on the enemy team it's time to switch teams for find a new server ;) You can get groups of people that know each other and end up stacking one side.

It's a game within a game if you really care about winning. You need to remember all the players from the last match and join the team with the better players.

I typically don't pay attention and I'm fine as long as games are somewhat close. But if one side is stacked super hard I just find a new server.

Staying with the server. I play the objective, and no matter what happens, our highest scoring player, has a lower score than the lowest on the other team. Every game was like that.
If one team has a good pilot and the other has nobody to counter him/her, it’s going to be a long and unenjoyable time for the team without an Ace on their side.

because if you are a day 1 buy anyways you might as well get the included goodies.

What are the extra for pre-ordering? I'm going to want to try a beta build first personally. I'll likely end up getting it even if I don't play it long term.

What are the extra for pre-ordering? I'm going to want to try a beta build first personally. I'll likely end up getting it even if I don't play it long term.
1625779196673.png

1625779224494.png

If one team has a good pilot and the other has nobody to counter him/her, it’s going to be a long and unenjoyable time for the team without an Ace on their side.
Then I'd say get better as a pilot. This was the most obvious solution to me before I knew anything about jets, or for that matter heli's, tanks or MAA in BF3. If one thing is dominating then get better at that thing that's dominating.

Last edited:
I've already uninstalled BF4. That was a waste of time. So much so, it killed any chance of me ever doing another one. Fired up Titanfall 2. Having a much better time. Thanks all.

I don't remember the specifics but it's on Origin. The deluxe and top tier editions get week early access, season stuff, skins and some other things. I'm fairly positive we will have beta access in the next couple months as well.

If the rumors are true with what Dice LA have been working on in relation to the game what we see July 22 is going to be awesome. From what I've heard is there will be a full kind of remaster of old BF titles. If the map is say El Alamein we will be fighting remastered BF1942 weapons etc and if we get say Mashtuur City we go to a remastered BF2 with additional maps added throughout the seasons or whatever. This is in addition to the main BF 2042 game and if this rumor proves to be accurate this game is going to be a massive hit. Imagine all the best BF maps plucked from old titles and remade for 128 players.

Last edited:
He is right in everything...

Just because we have an option to play 128 player servers doesn't mean one HAS to. I'm sure if a person wants a less spammy, more tactical game they can go to smaller servers. I along with many others have wanted a higher player count for years. Joint Ops had 150 players in the servers and the gameplay was fine.

More choice is not a bad thing.

Pre-order you chickens... COD comes out once a year a new Battlefield maybe once every 3 years.

Pre-order you chickens... COD comes out once a year a new Battlefield maybe once every 3 years.

I will when it gets closer to release. I would have bought the game day 1 anyways and there's nothing wrong with getting free extras.

Exactly. They do a good job whipping up hype and a poor job delivering.
Several BF games have lived up to the hype. 1942, BF2, BF4, BC2 (I wasn’t a fan). Their last couple ones have been missing the mark but I have a good feeling about 2042.

Thats not to say they haven’t been riddled with bugs on release though.

Several BF games have lived up to the hype. 1942, BF2, BF4, BC2 (I wasn’t a fan). Their last couple ones have been missing the mark but I have a good feeling about 2042.

I think the only BF game that wasn't on point was BF:V but they lost me before I ever even touched it. When they make a stupid decision then say "don't like it? don't buy it". then I will follow through. I'm glad that jackass is gone.

Games going to be a day one purchase anyways so I might as well preorder for the bonuses. 9/10 times the best time for MP shooters is the first month or maybe even two when everyone is having fun and metas aren't set in stone. The games are funner and way more relaxed, after that coming into the game as a new player sucks.

I'm just going to say that BF4 didn't live (initially) up to the hype exactly because it was Buglefield 4. I know this is the internet and shitting on EA is the thing, but unless EA had intervened, taken BF4 from Dice Stockholm and given it to DICE LA we wouldn't be here talking about it so highly.
I mean just look at how great BF V turned out! /s

Games going to be a day one purchase anyways so I might as well preorder for the bonuses. 9/10 times the best time for MP shooters is the first month or maybe even two when everyone is having fun and metas aren't set in stone. The games are funner and way more relaxed, after that coming into the game as a new player sucks.

So much this. I cannot emphasize enough how the game launch and the weeks following can be the best, most fun times. But then we have to realize not everyone will see this point of view, and so we have to respect their right to be dumb. The launch bugs and imbalances are opportunities to be capitalized on and have a laugh about. I don't say that about every game, but given Battlefield's sandbox nature, the bugs are fitting.

Because the best part to me about Battlefield games historically, is DICE giving us that sandbox, and a bunch of tools/toys to make crazy shit happen. And by all appearances it looks like they're really leaning in to that in BF2042.

I'm also looking forward to July 22 reveal of the "third mode" that DICE LA has been working on. Early rumors hint at a "Battlefield Hub" with classic maps, but apparently it won't just be maps but a "new way to experience them". Will be interesting for sure.

Last edited:
I'm just going to say that BF4 didn't live (initially) up to the hype exactly because it was Buglefield 4. I know this is the internet and shitting on EA is the thing, but unless EA had intervened, taken BF4 from Dice Stockholm and given it to DICE LA we wouldn't be here talking about it so highly.
I mean just look at how great BF V turned out! /s
I enjoyed it all the way through. Heck, I think my peak enjoyment was playing the Beta

1942 was the only one I really liked. BFV was a mess. I just have zero faith in dice at this point to stay focused and do a good job balancing the game. And if enough people pre-order every new game, there's little incentive to improve.

So much this. I cannot emphasize enough how the game launch and the weeks following can be the best, most fun times. But then we have to realize not everyone will see this point of view, and so we have to respect their right to be dumb. The launch bugs and imbalances are opportunities to be capitalized on and have a laugh about. I don't say that about every game, but given Battlefield's sandbox nature, the bugs are fitting.

That shooters are the most fun before the monotony sets in and only the meta-players are left isn't really a pro, but you are entitled to your dumb opinion.

Or maybe, different folks, different strokes.

Last edited:
Looks like crossplay is confirmed. ps5, xsx and pc can play together and after reading it I believe they will allow full opt out and the ability to opt out of playing with PC players only. They are also making it so PS4 and Xbox one can crossplay with eachother.

- PC, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5® consoles (PC and console can opt-out from playing together)
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4® consoles

We're also getting cross progression/purchases incase you do buy it on multiple platforms or jump between last gen and current gen which is awesome, means I can buy it on my xsx and then jump on the xbo version to play with my friends and carry progression properly.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefie...tions/m-p/10497692?cid=69296&ts=1626274721856

Last edited:
Looks like crossplay is confirmed. ps5, xsx and pc can play together and after reading it I believe they will allow full opt out and the ability to opt out of playing with PC players only. They are also making it so PS4 and Xbox one can crossplay with eachother.

We're also getting cross progression/purchases incase you do buy it on multiple platforms or jump between last gen and current gen which is awesome, means I can buy it on my xsx and then jump on the xbo version to play with my friends and carry progression properly.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefie...tions/m-p/10497692?cid=69296&ts=1626274721856
They need to stop with the opt-out BS. The point of crossplay is to prevent player populations from dwindling so quickly.

They need to stop with the opt-out BS. The point of crossplay is to prevent player populations from dwindling so quickly.

If the game is big enough on PC it doesn't need it. Going off of BF4, I think we can argue Battlefield doesn't need it if the game is good.

In MW 2019 you can see some of the problems cross play brings with aiming.

If the game is big enough on PC it doesn't need it. Going off of BF4, I think we can argue Battlefield doesn't need it if the game is good.

In MW 2019 you can see some of the problems cross play brings with aiming.
I think the aiming issue is overblown these days with the level of aim assist made for controllers. Some newer FPS games have been seeing PC players spoof controller input to get that aim assist while still using a mouse. Input preference is a comfort decision, not an advantageous decision.

I think the aiming issue is overblown these days with the level of aim assist made for controllers. Some newer FPS games have been seeing PC players spoof controller input to get that aim assist while still using a mouse. Input preference is a comfort decision, not an advantageous decision.
Well, that's the issue. Because the game only allows aim-assist on one and not the other, and because you can spoof the input w/ a mouse, you can gain a distinct leg-up on the competition. As you have the benefit of the medium-range aim-assist snapping w/ the speed/snapping already of a mouse. It's 100% obvious in Warzone when a PC player with a 'controller' next to their name is doing this as they'll have insane accuracy at those medium ranges. Of course, the fix for this would be not allowing aim-assist at all, period. However, I just don't see that happening as the masses need aim-assist with controller to not be absolutely terrible.

Well, that's the issue. Because the game only allows aim-assist on one and not the other, and because you can spoof the input w/ a mouse, you can gain a distinct leg-up on the competition. As you have the benefit of the medium-range aim-assist snapping w/ the speed/snapping already of a mouse. It's 100% obvious in Warzone when a PC player with a 'controller' next to their name is doing this as they'll have insane accuracy at those medium ranges. Of course, the fix for this would be not allowing aim-assist at all, period. However, I just don't see that happening as the masses need aim-assist with controller to not be absolutely terrible.
I don't think that the aim assist requirement with a controller is true. I think aim assist is a crutch that everybody has just become accustomed to and fear that they couldn't play without it. Unfortunately it is impossible to feel what it's like without since you can't turn the assist off completely in any game.

Back