BATTLEFIELD 1

All it took was a few hours to remind me why I stopped playing the game. The mechanics still suck, the stuttering is still there, the scout/recon/sniper class is still OP (you can walk 3-4 rounds of an MG into their chest only for them to jump around like a bunny and one shot kill you) and the DLC maps are horrendous. A true clusterfuck. Spawning between groups of around 5-8 enemies, crap objectives, lots of choke points and those annoying grenades. I guess people kept crying for Bad Company 3, and we got it. Very much a gibberishy mix of Battlefront and Bad Company, and the result is shit. :dead:

Not sure if I can stomach it enough to try the rest of the new maps. A few hours reflecting the current state of online shooters was enough to leave a sour taste in my mouth... especially since this is what gamers want apparently. I can't image EA will refund me for the premium pass? I may just send customer support an email. The game is pretty bad, but they doubled down on the stupid for the DLC.

Only 1 Russian map I like. I like all the French maps and my favorite of all is Achi Baba in the last dlc. I guess cause there are no tanks lol. Cape Hellas is a real pain if you have no air superiority. There should be some maps that fit your playstyle.

Only 1 Russian map I like. I like all the French maps and my favorite of all is Achi Baba in the last dlc. I guess cause there are no tanks lol. Cape Hellas is a real pain if you have no air superiority. There should be some maps that fit your playstyle.

I liked Volga River, the other Russian one I played (with the small church or whatever in the center) was utter crap. Three objectives in Conquest? All right in a line? From spawn you're being shot at. Utter crap. I played some of the French maps (the night city one) which is okay. I think I may have played another, but it is hard to find these maps... the other two maps are completely crap. The desert one is fun at times and I racked up a good KDR once, but it is a cluster fuck. I've spawned within groups of enemies almost a dozen times. Just terrible spawns and very spammy.

The French map that takes place within the fort is okay for run and gunning, but again the spawn kill die spawn kill die gameplay gets old after a while. They need to go back to the drawing board for the next BF.

This game got released when I was doing my last in year in the university so I had no time to play it. I was busy with my thesis etc. But now I am really hooked on it. I play 4-5 hours every day which is crazy I think.

They added some new Maps to TDM the last time I played which adds alot of the game seen a Night Map and another one I never played before.

this game looks pretty good on a B7A screen and runs fine maxed out at that resolution on a regular 1080

too bad they didn't implement DS4 controls.

Been having a blast, except the last couple days I have been having ping and packet loss issues.

I have been in it since the beginning. Just never have got a game in bc it is always server down status.

Ya, I am still having problems, servers saying 500+ ping, when I join it's 50-70 ping. While playing it randomly hiccups, though sometimes I won't have a problem at all.

Spring update. Platoons, private servers.............finally. waaaaaaaaay too late but hey, they might do it for V

Awesome, I still play this once
In a while, I actually really enjoy this game and have gotten tons of hours out of it

Been having a tough time finding active NA servers lately. I checked all my filters and there’s nothing that should be preventing games from showing up. Is the community fairly dead now?

Upgraded to 3x32" LCD monitors and fired up BF1 for the first time in quite a bit to see what it looks like and how it performs at 7860x1440. Think I hit lvl 25 this weekend... lol. Runs pretty nicely and looks good.. the actual game-play is still a bummer IMHO. This really is a hard game for me to like. Non hardcore is a fucking joke.. light up a guy on a horse with a fixed MG until the gun overheats and he just rides off. Played medic for the most part using a Selbstlader and was ok.. still rough to get into this game. Is there another in the works yet or are we stuck with BF1 for a few more years. I'm still spending a lot of time in BF4. Judging by the number of servers still up.. I'm not alone in my dislike of BF1.

As a long time BF franchise fan, I agree that I find it hard to get into BF1 seriously (unless playing with friends). How is BF4 nowadays? I'm thinking it's probably good, but I've got no desire to go back and play that one. There will be a new BF game this October to November time frame and it's WW2 themed. I think it'll be called BF5 or BF V. In the meantime, have you tried R6 siege? I regret not getting into that game sooner as I've been having a lot of fun with it. I guess the only negative thing about R6 siege is that the initial learning curve is pretty steep. Once you start to learn the different maps, strats and what the different operators can do, R6 siege becomes incredibly fun (best shooter out right now IMO).

Bf4 is just two or three maps these days. Bf1 is actually more fun for me atm. I don't have trouble getting kills. Where you hit counts. Most medic guns can kill in two or three shots.

I remember playing the original R6 online, It was one of the best at the time. I miss the run and gun of old skewl CS, the new CSGo is a mess I would not touch with a 10ft pole. I'll probably just hang in BF4 and do some BF1 until the new game in the franchise releases. I have no desire to grind out unlocks in BF1 or invest any serious time in it. Just navigating the server browser is a mess. Hope they can clean it up for the next release.

Oh yes, the server browser in BF1 is pretty bad. I recently grinded out the requirements to get the smg 08/18 factory, but I'm not sure that's the meta gun any more. Matchmaking is even worse in Battlefront 2. It's one thing I can't understand about the EA games. DICE does an incredible job with graphics and feel of the game, but then the matchmaking is garbage. As for R6, I was just trying to give you an idea for something to pass the time. Don't get into R6 though if you're looking for a low effort game. It takes work to learn everything and to become semi-decent / good, but its gameplay is damn fun IMO.

Matchmaking is not how you play battlefield. Of course it is garbage. They should never use it in any game.

Go through the "old school" browser. Plenty of good servers out there.

Of course I use "matchmaking" in the generic sense here for BF games. I'm talking about how squading up with friends is not straightforward, and the server browser leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know. for me the BF series took a huge hit when they released BF4 in a worse state than its beta. It's never recovered for me which is a shame because by the time BF4 was polished, it was actually a pretty dang good game. I played a ton of BF2 years ago and remember loving that game. I just don't have that desire to play the BF series too much right now. I don't see any PVP game taking me away from R6 siege now that I'm hooked (for quite a while). The gunplay, depth, and replayability are just too good in R6 for me right now. Battlefield just seems horribly bland in comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh bf2 was the best. I actually won a complete PC from that game. The competitive play is what I miss most. So yeah. Bf1 is a disappointment. However, on the weekends early in the day on the section 8 server. Fun can be had. Bunch of old school players get together for some head knocking. Good squad play ftw.

I have been on a roll lately, love me some assault tank arty goodness, wiping out every defender around a point makes me happy.

Been having a tough time finding active NA servers lately. I checked all my filters and there’s nothing that should be preventing games from showing up. Is the community fairly dead now?

Damn near every server that shows up is greater than 100 ms ping for me. Playing on west coast US. Anyone else experiencing the same?

Weird. I only got it once bad. I have seen it get laggy here and there. Last sunday it was you could load into a server but as soon as you did it would error with a not enough bandwidth message.

That error has been around a long time btw. Some people were plagued by it. You might want to reinstall origin and the game if that is not too much of a pita. I had to about 3 months back for a similar issue. Totally forgot about that. lol

Last edited:
Now the browser is saying that I am offline? I disagree! Awesome.
I reinstalled the game about 3 weeks ago and I am getting the I am offline message. Tried to troubleshoot and just gave up. What's funny is that I had no trouble playing before. Gotta love it...

Back