BATTLEFIELD 1

I am Rank 28 with 28 hours of play time, I almost exclusively play Operations. You do get an absolute shit ton of points for Operations, especially when your team wins.
Yup, just earned around 80000 points in two games, first match I had around 24000 points then won ans got a 2.5 multiplier. This game really rewards a very aggressive squad, tons of points for attacking a point and killing everyone in it lol.

Let's assume most players join a server by themselves(no pre-made squads) , play solo, join a random squad and that's that.

Can we also assume that the dominant team just happens to play better with each other at random, while being solo?

Or

Can we assume the dominant team is filled with at least one or more squads that are actively working together?

I feel we can only blame the game mechanics for so much, when in reality, we could also blame the players or in most cases a whole team.

A good squad of five can defeat a handful of shitty squads. I recently found a few players that fit my style. We've recently been squading up and my win loss record has gotten way better.
It's a damn fine game playing solo, but man is it a blast when you and buddies are tearing it up together.

Last edited:
One kill headshot with that? Nope. It takes three body shots, and at a distance a sniper has already moved their location.
Yeah, the only two classes that can kill with a single shot to the head are the Assault and Sniper classes.

As for the ml sweeper....the MP18, Automatico and shotguns will still dominate you.

I run and gun I think the sweeper sucks hot ass

I've been running assault a lot more and I get so mad with it. The smgs work great in close range but there was so many times I missed out or just about missed out on a kill that would of been a very easy kill with my sl sweeper. But the assault is great for clearing a building out, dynamite is stupid effective lol

I seem to always be placed on the attacking team.

Everyone skips waiting for a medic and we always lose around the half way point.

I think I am sitting around 25% win rate currently.

on the upside 80% of my randomly joined squads tend to sit at the top of the score boards and play the objectives togather well enough.

I have had two rounds now that lasted over a good hour and after ending awarded no xp or battle packs and kinda lagged into the next match not showing the end of game stats. very annoying...

lol I don't like it either. Weak sounding with limited damage range.

One thing I found out about this game is lowering the mouse sensitivity. I brought mine down to 10% and I became more accurate. These guns do not like movement of any kind while shooting. Getting fancy by jumping, turning or strafing while shooting will result in loss of accuracy. That's why you can be 1-on-1 with a player and the both of you will run out of ammo and still be alive.

Remain still until you get the kill and then start moving. Lowering your mouse sensitivity will help with this.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm doing pretty good with the infantry/trench type scout weapons, except when I come up to shotguns, I'm toast, hate those damn things.

I've been running assault a lot more and I get so mad with it. The smgs work great in close range but there was so many times I missed out or just about missed out on a kill that would of been a very easy kill with my sl sweeper. But the assault is great for clearing a building out, dynamite is stupid effective lol
Try shotguns. Just never stop running. It's EZ mode.

yes.. but my buddie ran with it on the jungle map (still dont know the names of the maps yet), he went like 28-12. Since this map forces many close encounters. He kicked ass.

yes.. but my buddie ran with it on the jungle map (still dont know the names of the maps yet), he went like 28-12. Since this map forces many close encounters. He kicked ass.
Argonne Forest. Yes, shotgun is really good on this map.

MAC and IP will do little they need to ban accounts all together. With that i am sure many of the cheaters are using stolen CC's or something to pay for the game anyways or stolen keys from a source.

Is this game worth $79? I looked awesome and i am really in need of a good FPS again and this looked like it would be pretty good.

Pay $5 and play 10 hours to decide for yourself. It would also drop deluxe to $71.99 or $3 less than buying without trying.

This close to Black Friday even if you like it I would wait. I have always picked up BF on Black Friday for $39.99 or less.

The problem with waiting on buying PC games that have a multiplayer base minus MMO's and F2P, you're looking at a diminished player base as time goes on, if saving $6 is really that important to you, you probably shouldn't be buying these types of games.

lol I don't like it either. Weak sounding with limited damage range.

One thing I found out about this game is lowering the mouse sensitivity. I brought mine down to 10% and I became more accurate. These guns do not like movement of any kind while shooting. Getting fancy by jumping, turning or strafing while shooting will result in loss of accuracy. That's why you can be 1-on-1 with a player and the both of you will run out of ammo and still be alive.

Remain still until you get the kill and then start moving. Lowering your mouse sensitivity will help with this.
The exception is SMG's. The hip fire is insane out to about 30 feet. It seriously feels like 80% bullet hit using hip fire on the Automatico. The second I ADS, I can't hit shit.

So if you're Medic, stay in medium range or be prepared to hip fire up close with your pistol.

MAC and IP will do little they need to ban accounts all together. With that i am sure many of the cheaters are using stolen CC's or something to pay for the game anyways or stolen keys from a source.

Is this game worth $79? I looked awesome and i am really in need of a good FPS again and this looked like it would be pretty good.
The rumor I heard was that the massive amount of Fairfight bans was either pirated keys, compromised accounts, or they copied the databases from somewhere else like BF4. I honestly find it hard to believe there would be 20+ new cheaters getting banned every 10 minutes. If they were actually cheating, then it's likely they have been for a while and Fairfight got a serious adjustment to its algorithms and the servers were merely catching up as these guys joined a server. The only other scenario I can imagine is they enabled the fairfight system to broadcast to ALL SERVERS, so the second they joined one not only were they banned from all and their name got blasted on all. IIRC, that last part didn't happen in BF4.

Last edited:
For SMG's just don't ADS. You're better off hip firing. In fact I just throw the gas mask on when I spawn.

Let's assume most players join a server by themselves(no pre-made squads) , play solo, join a random squad and that's that.

Can we also assume that the dominant team just happens to play better with each other at random, while being solo?

Or

Can we assume the dominant team is filled with at least one or more squads that are actively working together?

I feel we can only blame the game mechanics for so much, when in reality, we could also blame the players or in most cases a whole team.

A good squad of five can defeat a handful of shitty squads. I recently found a few players that fit my style. We've recently been squading up and my win loss record has gotten way better.
It's a damn fine game playing solo, but man is it a blast when you and buddies are tearing it up together.

Yeah... I really wish origin would fucking work correctly so I could add or search for people.

If I'm in game and shift-f1 or whatever it is to get origin launcher up... I click friends list and the origin window pops up but it never loads. just a blank white screen... same thing happens when I click a players name at the end round... blank window no profile.

Okay... that's weird I said.... so I figured well I'll just remember the players name that used a microphone in Squad with me and played well and I'll add them when I quit through the friends search. Nope. Get into search for friends after I exit game and... well it's ridiculously unusable. I literally type in the players name 100% correct -- yet the search brings me up results of names that no where near resemble what I searched for, for the most part. Like wtf? You can't type in the exact name and bring up the correct result? Am I missing something?

I'd like to play with good people (east coast) but haven't been able to add the 2 fucking people that actually communicated. stupid.

OMG, my group "Team STABBER" has 6-8 regular players a night... its a pita to select groups and get in a match. ONCE in a while it works great, other nights its a fucking nightmare.

Which SMG is the shit?
Depends.

Extreme close quarters (e.g. shotgun range less than 15 feet) = Automatico. At that range, accuracy is pointlesss because you will mag dump on 1-2 kills anyways because of how fast it fires.
Most accurate hipfire out to 20-30 feet = MG18
Best overall Jack of all Trades=HellReigel.

The HellReigel has a 60 round magazine, has excellent hipfire and aiming down sights (ADS) and can hit targets 50+ feet out while ADS. It's not the fastest firing, but the 60 round drum mag means you can take 5+ guys out without reloading. It's about the closest thing you can get to an Assault Rifle in this game.

Last edited:
Depends.

Extreme close quarters (e.g. shotgun range less than 15 feet) = Automatico. At that range, accuracy is pointlesss because you will mag dump on 1-2 kills anyways because of how fast it fires.
Most accurate hipfire out to 20-30 feet = MG18
Best overall Jack of all Trades=HellReigel.

The HellReigel has a 60 round magazine, has excellent hipfire and aiming down sights (ADS) and can hit targets 50+ feet out while ADS. It's not the fastest firing, but the 60 round drum mag means you can take 5+ guys out without reloading. It's about the closest thing you can get to an Assault Rifle in this game.

Haven't unlocked the hellriegl yet. Can you bayonet charge with it? If not, I'll pass. Speed is what makes me good at assault not having more rounds in a clip.

Imo, the MP 18 is king up close. Hell , even single shooting from a distance works good enough if you really have to.

Haven't unlocked the hellriegl yet. Can you bayonet charge with it? If not, I'll pass. Speed is what makes me good at assault not having more rounds in a clip.

Imo, the MP 18 is king up close. Hell , even single shooting from a distance works good enough if you really have to.
As cool as the Bayonet charge is, i fuckin hate it, any gun i have, i automatically remove the bayonet. Dont know how many times i died by missing my charge and then the dude turns around and kills me. Just give me my shovel, and im good.

As cool as the Bayonet charge is, i fuckin hate it, any gun i have, i automatically remove the bayonet. Dont know how many times i died by missing my charge and then the dude turns around and kills me. Just give me my shovel, and im good.
yup, so many times I was sprinting and see an enemy expecting to knife/shovel him and I bayonet right past him.

Anytime I charge and kill someone, his invisible buddy will magically appear and kill me .01 seconds after the animation....when I could have probably just shot both of them with ease....feelsbadman. :(

Are we starting the charge right next to said enemy? If that's the case, I agree. Horrendously buggy. But I don't recall an issue if I'm charging from a moderate distance.

And back to my question, does the helregil come with a bayonet to charge with ?

If bayonet charging isn't for you, fine. But you've gotta admit, the quick sprinting definitely helps you avoid getting hit. Lol

Strategically , the charge itself is an amazing tool for getting out of the way or finding cover as fast as you can. I think having the option to sprint out of the way is still pretty important to have. Especially if you need to get in and out of hot spots. Such as dropping dynamite on tanks and getting out of there, or running through open areas with enemies firing at you.

Last edited:
Are we starting the charge right next to said enemy? If that's the case, I agree. Horrendously buggy. But I don't recall an issue if I'm charging from a moderate distance.

And back to my question, does the helregil come with a bayonet to charge with ?

If bayonet charging isn't for you, fine. But you've gotta admit, the quick sprinting definitely helps you avoid getting hit. Lol

Strategically , the charge itself is an amazing tool for getting out of the way or finding cover as fast as you can. I think having the option to sprint out of the way is still pretty important to have. Especially if you need to get in and out of hot spots. Such as dropping dynamite on tanks and getting out of there, or running through open areas with enemies firing at you.
I don't think the HellReigel has a bayonet.

I got bayonet charged by a guy with the BAR, but it doesn't have a bayonet either. The killcam feed did say "Bayonet charge". I think the game mechanic is still there, I just haven't seen what happens myself. In my case it happened from behind so I never saw the weapon used. Either your guy beats your enemy to death with the butt of the gun or he pulls out the currently equipped melee weapon. I'm not sure.

Finally put some time in the game. Argonne Forest is a riot. Operations you automatically lose if you are attacking.

Conquest is still where it's at. Hit level 7.

You can win Operations attacking, it just takes a phenomenal team effort.
I won on Monte Grappa/Empire's Edge 32v32 yesterday. Thought I would never see the day.

I also came within seconds of winning Argonne forest. We almost capped but the mortar and gas grenade spam was too much.

Last edited:
Finally put some time in the game. Argonne Forest is a riot. Operations you automatically lose if you are attacking.

Conquest is still where it's at. Hit level 7.
yeah operations got old for me quick. the first time I played it I loved it, then every game since was not so good.

amiens is a awesome infantry map too. unlike argonne forest, it can handle 64 ppl.

yeah operations got old for me quick. the first time I played it I loved it, then every game since was not so good.

amiens is a awesome infantry map too. unlike argonne forest, it can handle 64 ppl.

Agreed Operations got stale for me quick. Also Amiens is my favorite map hands down.

Operations mode would be better if they would give the attackers more waves. It's getting old because you never usually get past the first map. It seems to be more balanced on consoles since people can't generally aim all that well which really weakens the defenders, but on PC w/ 64 players and rail-gun aim due to mouse + keyboard it's far easier for defenders.

Operations mode would be better if they would give the attackers more waves. It's getting old because you never usually get past the first map. It seems to be more balanced on consoles since people can't generally aim all that well which really weakens the defenders, but on PC w/ 64 players and rail-gun aim due to mouse + keyboard it's far easier for defenders.

I was going to say the console versions are way more even. Attackers seem to win 50% of the time

I am enjoying conquest and finally getting good at this game. Love it. Hit level 10 in a little under 10 hours. Game has massive amounts of dope in it. 10/10.

Supposedly more answers about the rental server program will be coming Monday. I would expect something soon since it is supposed to go live with the next patch.

I was surprised when I checked the player stats that the game on PC has already fallen from 170K peak to 97k peak with half that currently playing. I don't know if it has to do with the lack of custom servers or if people are just waiting for the next patch.

Apparently the weather bug (where weather effects don't affect everyone on the map or is somehow de-synced from the server for some players) is still happening.

ipdFPQo.jpg

This was discovered in the beta and reportedly was fixed, but players have discovered it can still happen. So now you know why you were shot by someone far away who you thought couldn't possibly see you.

Supposedly more answers about the rental server program will be coming Monday. I would expect something soon since it is supposed to go live with the next patch.

I was surprised when I checked the player stats that the game on PC has already fallen from 170K peak to 97k peak with half that currently playing. I don't know if it has to do with the lack of custom servers or if people are just waiting for the next patch.
Oh thank fuck. Can't wait for custom servers. The chat and rage hackers are fucking toxic. I've experienced a rage hacker every night this week.

Apparently, part of the cheat allows them to spawn indefinitely as the hero class sentry (the one with the MG08/15 LMG and body armor) with infinite ammo and then they combine that with wallhack/ESP with aimbot. I've literally watched as guys clear an entire map from the center flag (C or D) on Amiens as they spit out an unending supply of bullets. They just sit on that bridge and spin in circles.

"I was surprised when I checked the player stats that the game on PC has already fallen from 170K peak to 97k peak with half that currently playing. I don't know if it has to do with the lack of custom servers or if people are just waiting for the next patch."

Maybe part of that has to do with ongoing bugs. Wonky hit detection aside, the game ran fine for me until the last Origin update; now the game freezes randomly for 2-5 seconds on my i5/Windows 7 machine. This has persisted after reinstall of drivers, reinstall of the game (several times).

"...somehow de-synced from the server for some players..." - That is ridiculous if true. For some reason I'm not surprised given the amount of redundancy in this game that I interpret as laziness.

Back