BATTLEFIELD 1

Anyone finished the Single Player? Any good? I've read a lot of mixed reviews. Including that video that discusses the fact you're basically super soldiers.

I hope if they do a WW2 game, they give it the proper treatment. Bad Company style more-open singleplayer (maybe with less humor, because of the setting), but a Band of Brothers style series of stories where you get know your comrades and if they die, they die.

Just wait till hardcore my friend. It's going to be effing brutal ahahah

#snipersrevenge lol

Are they implementing it? I'd love for them to drop in Classic mode too. It was a nice middle ground mashup for some '42 nostalgia.

To be honest. I'd like to see the next installment in the Vietnam War Era.

Updated graphics with napalm and shit? Think the Forrest area looks in good in BF1? Vietnam warfare would be epic. Too bad the Vietnam mod flopped.

Updated graphics with napalm and shit? Think the Forrest area looks in good in BF1? Vietnam warfare would be epic. Too bad the Vietnam mod flopped.

I think they'll return to that. It's right on in the sweet spot I think where skill > technology. My problem with the modern based ones was it drastically reduced the skill needed as everything was smart/lock-on or rapid fire. Wouldn't mind a Bad Company 3 being based in Vietnam era.

They've done Vietnam quite a few times now, though. They haven't returned to WW2 (not counting that weird console spin-off) since the original.

I think they'll return to that. It's right on in the sweet spot I think where skill > technology. My problem with the modern based ones was it drastically reduced the skill needed as everything was smart/lock-on or rapid fire. Wouldn't mind a Bad Company 3 being based in Vietnam era.

They've done Vietnam quite a few times now, though. They haven't returned to WW2 (not counting that weird console spin-off) since the original.

I'd love a WW2 game. I actually loved COD-World At War. The MP was awesome. Probably the last WW2 shooter that I enjoyed.

I'd be cool with WW2 or Vietnam BF.

#snipersrevenge lol
when is hardcore mode coming? I didn't usually play hardcore in past bf games. but this game I kinda want it cause theres too much running and gunning going on and hc more will really slow things down.

Hardcore will slow everything down, slow it to a crawl because everyone is afraid to move for fear of the 31 snipers on the other team waiting to 1 shot you in the toe from the uncap.

The only issue I'm having and I'm apart of it, is the smoke and tear grenade spam, you can't see or do shit at caps and all I see is a wall of pea green shit. lol

Hardcore will slow everything down, slow it to a crawl because everyone is afraid to move for fear of the 31 snipers on the other team waiting to 1 shot you in the toe from the uncap.

Yep I agree WAY too many snipers. They need to limit the amount of snipers each team has.

Eh, a team with to many snipers will get owned fast with someone half-way decent w/ armor or a team just rushing caps. Yes, the snipers are annoying.. But that's about all they are if there are too many of them.

Typically if the team is heavy scout we will role heavy medic and completely run over them because they can't kill the revives fast enough.

when is hardcore mode coming? I didn't usually play hardcore in past bf games. but this game I kinda want it cause theres too much running and gunning going on and hc more will really slow things down.
Hardcore mode should be launching with the rentable servers come November 1st.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Looks like
Well, he is Polish. We do have a lot of Polish jokes.

Respect Poland. Great beer and bbq. Plus Witcher.
In this game it is simple - I don't like US being put in BF1 as main army which fought from day 1 and actually mattered till 1917. It's my kind of protest of cutting France and Russia and relegating main fighting forces of 2017 to a DLC. They should be from day 1 aviable for free, while US should end as DLC somewhere next year.

Looks like

In this game it is simple - I don't like US being put in BF1 as main army which fought from day 1 and actually mattered till 1917. It's my kind of protest of cutting France and Russia and relegating main fighting forces of 2017 to a DLC. They should be from day 1 aviable for free, while US should end as DLC somewhere next year.
There are exactly 2 maps with USA as a primary force. TWO MAPS out of TEN. They are Argonne Forest and Ballroom Blitz. Both took place during the Meuse-Argonne offensive, aka the Battle of Argonne Forest which took place in the Fall of 1918. That was a hugely pivotal battle, and one of the few where the American troops participated in and contributed significantly to ending the war quicker. I'm not sure how you think DICE is emphasizing them more in this game than the others, the loading screens even explain some of the battles, and you get to unlock Codex entries that give even more historical info. At no point has DICE portrayed the Americans fighting a battle that took place before they entered the War. I also honestly doubt there will be any more maps with Americans portrayed.

Also, why are you singling out USA? The Italians weren't there from Day 1 and they get several maps. The Italians joined the war effort in 1916, a full 2 years into the conflict. Using your logic, it would make sense for you not to want to play as the Italians either but you make zero mention of them. Seems to me like you just want to hate on the USA for no good reason.:rolleyes:

As far as France is concerned, DICE is on record saying at E3 2016:

Julien Wera DICE employee said:
To really do justice to the French army in multiplayer and, once again, to show a side that we're not used to seeing, we have chosen to dedicate an entire premium expansion with special treatment after the launch of the game.
I'm not sure how that is NOT honoring France. It sucks they aren't in the base game, but I believe giving them an entire DLC and possibly more individual maps in the other DLC will emphasize how much they helped out. As far as why DICE did it this way, it's quite possible it's because the maps in the base game fit a set of "needs" as far as map variety is concerned to give it a successful launch. After all, a lot of the early criticisms of this game was lack of gameplay variety, as everyone thought this was going to be a massive waste of time rushing into no man's land.

I've only heard 1 comment on Russia, and they are in a DLC. I'm hoping they get at least 2-3 maps like the Americans.

Honestly, if you should be offended by anything in this game, it's a lack of single player content depicting the Germans, Austrians, and Hungarians. The single player is incredibly lopsided view from the Western Allies. This war didn't have a particular side that is portrayed as universally evil. I think a couple single player missions portraying them should be included and would be quite intriguing from their perspective. Honestly, that omission by DICE offends me, and I'm an American.

Last edited:
We all throwing in on a [H]ard server or what? :p

I'm down to pitch in.

PC

• 1 day: $2.99
  • 7 days: $11.99
  • 30 days: $42.99
  • 90 days: $99.99
  • 180 days: $149.99

We need a discord channel if we are going to have a BF1 server. What game mode?

#snipersrevenge lol

I'll go back to sniper for hardcore, definitely. The most annoying part of playing sniper is those 80-90 dmg hits and then you end up getting killed by a guy with 10 health.

I'll go back to sniper for hardcore, definitely. The most annoying part of playing sniper is those 80-90 dmg hits and then you end up getting killed by a guy with 10 health.
Thats because hardcore requires no skill :). Just hope you can land one single shot.

If they limit the health like they did in bf3/4, then hardcore will fail again. TTK is too fast, requires no skill of aiming and staying on target.

Thats because hardcore requires no skill :). Just hope you can land one single shot.

If they limit the health like they did in bf3/4, then hardcore will fail again. TTK is too fast, requires no skill of aiming and staying on target.
I mean I wish they would do more like add more recoil to weapons and stuff like that but we know it's EA and they will do the bare minimum. I think assault class has it easy right now as far as just staying mobile and close range and spraying the shit out of everything.

I mean I wish they would do more like add more recoil to weapons and stuff like that but we know it's EA and they will do the bare minimum. I think assault class has it easy right now as far as just staying mobile and close range and spraying the shit out of everything.
Definitely. I wish they would actually work on the hardcore mode and not just basically "turn off the UI and low health".

Assaults have the best gun right now, if you haven't used the Hellriegel you are missing out.

I meant wait to see what it's going to include.

If it's a garbage mode then no...won't waste the money on that.
I understand. But every HC mode in every game for me has been garbage. I can't stay still very long.

Yeah. As is, on EA servers, I am not into the game. Needs a bit more time to flesh out. I like the maps but you need to tweak things and have organized squads to really have some fun. The number of snipers is already high btw. If they do the same old HC without the ability to tweak the settings? Whew. Going to be a LOT of prone people on ledges.

Yeah. As is, on EA servers, I am not into the game. Needs a bit more time to flesh out. I like the maps but you need to tweak things and have organized squads to really have some fun. The number of snipers is already high btw. If they do the same old HC without the ability to tweak the settings? Whew. Going to be a LOT of prone people on ledges.

Yeah I get pretty annoyed when my team has more than 1 sniper when I'm playing Dom or Rush. They are not helpful to actually WINNING which gives BONUS XP. If all you care about is your K/D ratio play sniper on Conquest or TDM.

Played 3 rounds of TDM graphics are cranked up a notch think I killed about 6 players only :D It's ok think I'll stick to Team Deathmatch.
Single player is really nice looking my graphics card got up to 76 c so it's not overheating with that thermal paste job I gave it a month back.

I wonder how COD IW will compare since everyone says it's weak sauce I still like both games.

I'll wait to buy this game until after they nerf snipers. I hate snipers in basically every game and after watching that video it makes it sound like they're OP.

They really arn't a big deal, im honestly only killed buy a sniper 1 or 2 times in a match. Their scope glare is so easy to spot when they are aiming at you that you just start juking left and right while running and they cant hit you worth a shit untill your close enough to fire back effectively, the bullet drop and lead times in this game make sniping a very skill based class that most players fail at.

Yeah it's kind of hard to counter you here. But I will say, instead of nerfing snipers, I'd say maybe having a limit of snipers would do good. Most snipers are pretty shitty and are generally worthless when it comes to taking team objectives, but again that's not really what they're built for. Picking off soldiers, reducing player tickets and the good ol spot enemies from a distance. But at times, I do wish there were default servers that do indeed limit them. I mean, how many times can you honestly say "that sniper on our team won the battle for us"? Not many in my experience. Lol

But, this is battlefield, there are no rules here. Lol
I love gettign into matches where there are lots of snipers on the enemy team, I go support and just rock my HE mortar and rain hell on them till they all change classes or quit. Works very well :D I find bouncing between medic and support covers most cases unless we have a big issue with vehicles or people hiding in building then I go assault just for the explosives.

I came into the game fully expecting to put most of my time into playing a sniper, after my first 10 hours or so I switched to medic and haven't turned back. The optical weapons medics get IMO are far more friendly to use at close to medium range and are all semi automatic and most have pretty high mag capacity, certainly unrealistic for WWI. And I've been playing mostly rush and domination maps so I find snipers COMPLETELY worthless in both of these scenarios unless you are playing with friends and 1-2 other people always have your back, because as a WWI sniper with a gun that you have to pull the bolt back on after every shot, 1 miss and you are dead meat. And if you come up against more than 1 person in a close to mid range scenario you are also dead meat.
same I had alot fo fun in the beta as a sniper but im finding the medic to be way better for me. I've been using the auto sweeper and its like a deadly accurate machine gun that destroys in close-medium fights with the only thing beating me out in medium-far fights being medics using more accurate non-auto weapons.

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
Single player is just like the other BF games, completely forgettable.

This is disappointing. As someone who dislikes multiplayer shooters, I was planning on picking this up for the single player campaign. Guess I'll take a pass.

This is disappointing. As someone who dislikes multiplayer shooters, I was planning on picking this up for the single player campaign. Guess I'll take a pass.
It's the unfortunate way of the world. Shooters either have a good campaign, or a good multiplayer. Rarely, RARELY, do they have both. CoD and Battlefield will pretty much always be known for the multiplayer. Doom had a great campaign. About to start working on the new Deus Ex which I also hear is pretty good.

It's the unfortunate way of the world. Shooters either have a good campaign, or a good multiplayer. Rarely, RARELY, do they have both. CoD and Battlefield will pretty much always be known for the multiplayer. Doom had a great campaign. About to start working on the new Deus Ex which I also hear is pretty good.
I've actually heard both positive and negative things said about BF1's campaign, so it sounds like a mixed bag. I wasn't able to stomach finishing BF4's.

Personally in the "good campaign" category I'm waiting for Dishonored 2. I enjoyed DX:MD but it felt old (like a 2013 game). Titanfall 2 is supposed to have an actual, somewhat passable campaign as well as the MP of course, but that game had some serious issues in its first outing that keep it being a question mark.

I'll probably get it though.

This is like the people that complain CS:GO has no story mode. Battlefield's heart and legacy is Multiplayer. People need to stop being such pussies and just jump in - you'll die a lot at first but you'll get better and find your groove and probably get hooked.

I happened to think the SP campaign was actually pretty good - I liked it much more than BF4's. That said, no matter what DICE would do, people would bitch. So there's that.

This is like the people that complain CS:GO has no story mode. Battlefield's heart and legacy is Multiplayer. People need to stop being such pussies and just jump in - you'll die a lot at first but you'll get better and find your groove and probably get hooked.

I happened to think the SP campaign was actually pretty good - I liked it much more than BF4's. That said, no matter what DICE would do, people would bitch. So there's that.

I played through most of the BF1 campaign but it gets old pretty fast. The music was good, and it's a great way to learn or relearn how to fly planes without blowing yourself to shit over and over in a MP map. It's certainly not an overwhelmingly positive campaign by any means but no it's not terrible. In the end we all know it's an afterthought to the developers and the main focus is Multiplayer...that's why the game sells.

On another note, anyone try the war pigeons mode? Or am I the only one that saw that and was just like "No fucking thanks"

Ha yeah I haven't tried war pigeons yet either. I will though, supposedly it's pretty fun.

Anyone know why I can't play as any other class in multiplayer? I don't recall any restriction in the beta. I'm only lvl 3 too in case it matters.

I'd like to see a 80s Cold War "alternate history" with a bit of 80s action movie cheese. One map takes place on a golf course where you and your drunken SEAL buddies cause uproarious mischief (1990s movie sure but technically filmed in the 80s).

But yes, Vietnam would be good too. "You don't sleep on no f***ing ambush!"

They were supposed to answer more of the 100+ questions on the Rental Server Policy, by Monday at the latest, but Tuesday came and went with no answers.

If they ever answer anything, it will be in this post

Definitely dont waste your money if all you will play is single player. Its only about 4-5 hours long, and thats broken up into 5 different stories. So its not like you even care about the characters or story. BF single player has always been about basically showcasing the purty things they made for multiplayer and making cool trailers.

Anyone know why I can't play as any other class in multiplayer? I don't recall any restriction in the beta. I'm only lvl 3 too in case it matters.
There is definitely something broken there, all classes should be available from the start of the game.

Back