Batman: Arkham Knight

I don't think we'll see a franchise pull off what this one did not with 3 absolutely fucking BANGER games in a row from one studio.

My experience with Arkham Knight at launch was, and I know how rare it is to say, as smooth as it is now. There were and are still some stutters in some scenes but this is still an ambitious game even by today's standards. I streamed it with only a few crashes through the whole story, even, but I'm glad people are revisiting it to get that same experience. I think Origins got unfairly shit on because, despite being made by WB Montreal and not Rocksteady, the expectations were higher, but all four games in the Arkham series were phenomenal from top to bottom. I still listen to the soundtracks every other day or during a Diablo farming session, lol

you can tell that Rocksteady is very knowledgeable in terms of the Batman comics mythology and history...the Arkham games are incredible because of the detail and lore that they put into it...I don't think another developer without the same expertise could have pulled it off...the gameplay, combat, comics callbacks, world building, graphics etc all came together perfectly

you can tell that Rocksteady is very knowledgeable in terms of the Batman comics mythology and history...the Arkham games are incredible because of the detail and lore that they put into it...I don't think another developer without the same expertise could have pulled it off...the gameplay, combat, comics callbacks, world building, graphics etc all came together perfectly
This is why the Arkham games are my favorite games of all time and probably the only games I would play over again after I beat Origins which is my last one. (I didn't go in order) Also it doesn't help that Batman is by far my favorite comic book hero since childhood lol.

This is why the Arkham games are my favorite games of all time and probably the only games I would play over again after I beat Origins which is my last one. (I didn't go in order) Also it doesn't help that Batman is by far my favorite comic book hero since childhood lol.

what did you think of the latest 'The Batman' movie starring Robert Pattinson?

what did you think of the latest 'The Batman' movie starring Robert Pattinson?
Even though it was mostly "story"driven I was riveted, emotional, fully submerged into it. I absolutely loved Zoe as Catwoman she brought even more to the story. When they kissed I was cheering! I loved it. That's not to say I didn't love the previous Batman movies with Christian Bale and Ben Affleck. Loved them all. I go all in when watching Batman movies. I'm a die hard.

Even though it was mostly "story"driven I was riveted, emotional, fully submerged into it. I absolutely loved Zoe as Catwoman she brought even more to the story. When they kissed I was cheering! I loved it. That's not to say I didn't love the previous Batman movies with Christian Bale and Ben Affleck. Loved them all. I go all in when watching Batman movies. I'm a die hard.
I haven't watched the pattinson one I heard it was good though, Affleck was bad, not Val Kilmer bad but bad. The games seem to mirror the feeling of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight which I always appreciated. Honestly if y'all like the gameplay from these games you should really play spider man. Combat is very similar and web slinging is a good time. I will say Peter Parker is just an annoying character but I still enjoyed Spider man on PC. Arkham City was my favorite in this series, I didn't really care for the Bat Mobile sections in this game.

I haven't watched the pattinson one I heard it was good though, Affleck was bad, not Val Kilmer bad but bad. The games seem to mirror the feeling of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight which I always appreciated. Honestly if y'all like the gameplay from these games you should really play spider man. Combat is very similar and web slinging is a good time. I will say Peter Parker is just an annoying character but I still enjoyed Spider man on PC. Arkham City was my favorite in this series, I didn't really care for the Bat Mobile sections in this game.
The Pattinson one is very good despite the controversy of him playing the role. He brought an emotional role to the movie which I really appreciated. I've always been more into the story side of Batman I just love his character. Of course I love the action crime fighting as well. I also really enjoyed Affleck. He didn't have any depth though. He was just filling the role.

What did you think of it?

I haven't watched it yet...but I just bought the 4K Blu-ray this past weekend when Amazon had it on sale for $11.99...so I'll be checking it out soon...I was going to watch it on HBO Max in 4K Dolby Vision but this sounds like a movie better watched on disc as it's very dark so the HBO Max stream probably has a lot of compression

I haven't watched it yet...but I just bought the 4K Blu-ray this past weekend when Amazon had it on sale for $11.99...so I'll be checking it out soon...I was going to watch it on HBO Max in 4K Dolby Vision but this sounds like a movie better watched on disc as it's very dark so the HBO Max stream probably has a lot of compression
It's very good. The director could have used a more courageous editor to shrink the runtime a bit. The end, in particular, drags on for way too long.

https://hardforum.com/threads/the-batman-march-4th-2022.2014597/

THE BATMAN was very well made however... THE DARK KNIGHT is still the best Batman film to date.

That being said I recommend watching GOTHAM series that is on HBO MAX. The portrayals of Riddler, Penguin and Alfred are my favorite of all Batman media.

THE BATMAN was very well made however... THE DARK KNIGHT is still the best Batman film to date.

That being said I recommend watching GOTHAM series that is on HBO MAX. The portrayals of Riddler, Penguin and Alfred are my favorite of all Batman media.
Except that Gotham is pretty terrible at times. After the first season or two it gets really bad.

As far as the best batman movie ever, I still think the original 80s Batman movie is the best. Of the new movies I prefer Batman begins, it feels way more like a comic book come to life to me than any of the others. Also, I love a good origin story.

Begins is my favorite but The Batman is the movie I've always wanted to see someone do in terms of the rich, deep colors and far less standard fare shots that Nolan did in his trilogy.

I used to do photography and always favored shooting everything two stops darker and Begins would have been even better if it actually felt dark. The scene in Arkham's basement or the apartment where Batman gets blasted by Scarecrow's toxin, specifically the guy holding up the lighter to see in an extremely undark room just annoy me, lol.

Christian Bale was my favorite Bruce Wayne. I very much disliked Micheal Keaton and George Clooney. Val Kilmer was more than acceptable. I liked Ben Affleck also there was just a lack of spotlight and storyline for Affleck in the justice league movies because it wasn't solely focused on Batman. Affleck had a good presence as Wayne and Batman. Pattinson trying his heart out while I appreciate didn't do me justice. Maybe Because he was too skinny? Not tough looking? His performance was fantastic sometimes overcompensating which if you didn't mind his appearance was great. Overall Bale was the best Wayne and Batman in all aspects facially, build, acting, and athleticism. I miss Bale already and knew noone would be able to fill his shoes. That's why I cherish the Bale movies so damn much.

Christian Bale was my favorite Bruce Wayne. I very much disliked Micheal Keaton and George Clooney. Val Kilmer was more than acceptable. I liked Ben Affleck also there was just a lack of spotlight and storyline for Affleck in the justice league movies because it wasn't solely focused on Batman. Affleck had a good presence as Wayne and Batman. Pattinson trying his heart out while I appreciate didn't do me justice. Maybe Because he was too skinny? Not tough looking? His performance was fantastic sometimes overcompensating which if you didn't mind his appearance was great. Overall Bale was the best Wayne and Batman in all aspects facially, build, acting, and athleticism. I miss Bale already and knew noone would be able to fill his shoes. That's why I cherish the Bale movies so damn much.
Man I can't imagine not liking Michael Keaton. I think the second movie might actually be my favorite on second thought. I loved DeVito as the penguin, that movie was so creepy in a spectacular fashion.

Man I can't imagine not liking Michael Keaton. I think the second movie might actually be my favorite on second thought. I loved DeVito as the penguin, that movie was so creepy in a spectacular fashion.

I remember seeing it at the movie theater on Queens Blvd as a little kid, literally the entire theater cheered at this part lol

It's also a Christmas movie a la Die Hard

Last edited:
Just finished Arkham Knight for the fourth time plus episodes. 203 hours total played according to STEAM. Don't know if I'll play it again though. It would be really nice if we can get a new BATMAN game with the same quality and spirit of either the DARK KNIGHT or THE BATMAN films. Someday...

I remember seeing it at the movie theater on Queens Blvd as a little kid, literally the entire theater cheered at this part lol

It's also a Christmas movie a la Die Hard

I remember my dad taking me to the comic book store 35 years ago when I was a kid. I remember sitting and reading every single Batman comic book front to back soaking in the images and really sinking myself into the story of each book. Actually, my fondest memory of my childhood. When I say I grew up on Batman comic books I truly mean it lol.

Last edited:
Its his look. If you don't look like what my idea of Bruce Wayne is I don't approve lol. Michael Keaton had a receding hairline even back then, he just didn't fit the part. Same with Robert Pattinson he doesn't look like a Bruce Wayne at all maybe more like a Robin. Michael Keaton should have played Alfred LOL

Last edited:
Christian Bale is the best...Michael Keaton was excellent...Val Kilmer was underrated and George Clooney sucked
Michael Keaton doesn't have an athletic bone or a muscle on his body. He just doesn't fit the Batman part with his dad bod 😂
Clooney was an embarrassment lol

Michael Keaton doesn't have an athletic bone or a muscle on his body. He just doesn't fit the Batman part with his dad bod 😂
Clooney was an embarrassment lol

with Keaton you don't really notice his build most of the time as he's wearing the Batman costume...

Any good mods for this? Maybe high res texture packs? I remember this was a shitshow for PC at launch. Just picked it up on GOG sale for $8 for the Premium version. Still looks pretty good with auto HDR and 4k 120fps.

Huh, I have the base game already somehow... Are the addons in the preem pack worth the $8?

I'd like to announce that i finally completed the Arkham Trilogy (didn't play Asylum not interested) and wow, what a fantastic series of games. Definitely my favorite single player games of all time. Origins felt short but was great Gotham I was craving more City's story was so good felt so nostalgic and Knight was the best of them all the graphics the story the Batmobile oh boy that's the one I may play again and I usually never replay any games. All I can say is I highly recommend all 3 of the Arkham games City/Origins/Knight my only complaint is I wish they were longer and this is coming from someone that doesn't have patience for long games. It's just that they were so damn good I always wanted more. I never wanted any of the games to end. I could play them forever.

Ps: pure coincidence but I'm wearing a Batman t shirt as I typed this lol. Long live Batmans legacy 💜

I'd like to announce that i finally completed the Arkham Trilogy (didn't play Asylum not interested) and wow, what a fantastic series of games. Definitely my favorite single player games of all time. Origins felt short but was great Gotham I was craving more City's story was so good felt so nostalgic and Knight was the best of them all the graphics the story the Batmobile oh boy that's the one I may play again and I usually never replay any games. All I can say is I highly recommend all 3 of the Arkham games City/Origins/Knight my only complaint is I wish they were longer and this is coming from someone that doesn't have patience for long games. It's just that they were so damn good I always wanted more. I never wanted any of the games to end. I could play them forever.

Ps: pure coincidence but I'm wearing a Batman t shirt as I typed this lol. Long live Batmans legacy 💜

I recommend giving Asylum a playthrough - I find it to be the most atmospheric of the three (likely because it's the most linear). It has my favourite Joker dialogue, and a great sequence with Killer Croc.

Plus, it's fairly short compared to the other titles, so it won't take you that long.

I'd like to announce that i finally completed the Arkham Trilogy (didn't play Asylum not interested) and wow, what a fantastic series of games...

you haven't completed the Arkham 'Trilogy' until you've played Arkham Asylum ;) ...it's an excellent game with the only distinction being that it's confined to a smaller area and is not the huge open world Gotham of the later games...but don't let that stop you, it's an incredible game

Last edited:
you haven't completed the Arkham 'Trilogy' until you're played Arkham Asylum ;) ...it's an excellent game with the only distinction being that it's confined to a smaller area and is not the huge open world Gotham of the later games...but don't let that stop you, it's an incredible game

Agreed. It's like watching all the Star Wars movies except for the very first one. Yeah it's not as technically advanced as the others and it's a smaller world but it is equally as excellent as the others. If you enjoyed City and Knight (and Origins is very good too) then you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing Asylum.

you haven't completed the Arkham 'Trilogy' until you're played Arkham Asylum ;) ...it's an excellent game with the only distinction being that it's confined to a smaller area and is not the huge open world Gotham of the later games...but don't let that stop you, it's an incredible game

In some ways Asylum is the best of the series too. No other Arkham game captures how much fun exploration is in Asylum or how well realized the atmosphere was. Combining Metroidvania mechanics with Batman's arsenal of gadgets was a brilliant move and something none of the others managed to follow up on to quite the same level of success. City is my favorite of the Arkham series, but I always love going back and replaying Asylum as well. It's also the only one of the series that I feel compelled to go around and complete everything in multiple times.

In some ways Asylum is the best of the series too. No other Arkham game captures how much fun exploration is in Asylum or how well realized the atmosphere was. Combining Metroidvania mechanics with Batman's arsenal of gadgets was a brilliant move and something none of the others managed to follow up on to quite the same level of success. City is my favorite of the Arkham series, but I always love going back and replaying Asylum as well. It's also the only one of the series that I feel compelled to go around and complete everything in multiple times.

I think Asylum is a great way to start the series for newcomers as the game starts out with a smaller scale and expands with each game...you also get the amazing attention to detail regarding the comics and Batman mythology...the story is also important as far as the introduction of the Joker and it continues all the way through Arkham Knight...it's a bit strange going from City/Knight/Origins back to Asylum only because of the scale/size difference but Asylum is just as good as the others

Lol I was trying to convince myself to avoid Asylum because it doesn't have the big Gotham map and is claustrophobic. I think I considered it a trilogy because the last 3 are in the open Gotham city where Asylum is indoors. I just feel like I won't like it as much seeing the gameplay on YouTube. That being said City/Origins/Knight are my favorite single player games of all time. I like them that much.

Back