Batman: Arkham Knight

I'm one of the few I guess that was able to fully enjoy the game with very very minor problems. The game would only crash occassionally. I never lost progress and my Titan X always ran at 60fps. It was a very nice game to play. Sucks so many people had so many issues and that i'm lacking several of the minor story archs that others enjoyed.

Same here. I'm absolutely mystified by what happened here.

It's really cute how people thought the PC version would be revamped quickly. You guys understand that the have to basically create a new PC version from scratch, right? The version they released at launch was a feature parity port of the PS4 version. That has to be scrapped

people were just going by what WB/Rocksteady told them in their official posts...they are the ones who stated that the interim patch would be released in August...don't turn this into a PC complainers issue...it's complete guesswork on your part about the creating a new version from scratch

people were just going by what WB/Rocksteady told them in their official posts...they are the ones who stated that the interim patch would be released in August...don't turn this into a PC complainers issue...it's complete guesswork on your part about the creating a new version from scratch
I think he was asking why people were so upset with the PC version that WB had to pull the game from sale to fix it in the first place when it has been running fine for him.

For the most part the game runs fine for me after the first patch, too, if locked to 30 FPS. But I am also in the top 1% of gamers with a Titan X, a dedicated 970 for PhysX, i7-4770, 32GB of RAM, and an 850 Pro SSD. My hardware configuration is definitely not common.

It's not a PC complainer issue. It's an issue of people not understanding the work that's being done. And, no, it's not guesswork.

It's not a PC complainer issue. It's an issue of people not understanding the work that's being done. And, no, it's not guesswork.

It's not an issue of people not understanding the work being done it's an issue of them making promises and then waiting over a month to say that they can't meet that promise. I'd be willing to bet that everyone involved knew they wouldn't make August for the patch long before it was announced but because WB cares more about DLC than actually communicating with their customers they decided to wait until more DLC was released and the next round of DLC was announced to say a word.

It's not an issue of people not understanding the work being done it's an issue of them making promises and then waiting over a month to say that they can't meet that promise. I'd be willing to bet that everyone involved knew they wouldn't make August for the patch long before it was announced but because WB cares more about DLC than actually communicating with their customers they decided to wait until more DLC was released and the next round of DLC was announced to say a word.

there's no doubt WB/Rocksteady knew they weren't going to be able to release the interim patch in August all along but they wanted to calm the PC community down so they gave this false date...proof of this is the leaked e-mail from some retailer in Australia which was leaked in mid July and stated that the PC version wouldn't be fixed until the Fall...looks like they were right

I made the mistake of watching some of the newer DLC videos, which have spoilers.

there's no doubt WB/Rocksteady knew they weren't going to be able to release the interim patch in August all along but they wanted to calm the PC community down so they gave this false date...proof of this is the leaked e-mail from some retailer in Australia which was leaked in mid July and stated that the PC version wouldn't be fixed until the Fall...looks like they were right

Which is a prime example of just how terrible WB is at PR. The easy way to assure the community that something is going on isn't to go silent for weeks at a time then give super vague promises that you know you can't meet. Just give small updates every week. Even if there is nothing to really report. If they just let people know that they're around it would calm down the more rational of the people. Yorik the PR guy on the forums made some really stupid statements about "we can't always respond. We can't tell you why but we can't". Which is complete bull. PR's entire job is to respond and make their employer look good.

Which is a prime example of just how terrible WB is at PR. The easy way to assure the community that something is going on isn't to go silent for weeks at a time then give super vague promises that you know you can't meet. Just give small updates every week. Even if there is nothing to really report. If they just let people know that they're around it would calm down the more rational of the people. Yorik the PR guy on the forums made some really stupid statements about "we can't always respond. We can't tell you why but we can't". Which is complete bull. PR's entire job is to respond and make their employer look good.

I don't blame Yarick...he just seems like the Admin over at the official forums...I don't think he knows anything other then what is relayed to him by the people at WB...people seem to be going after him on the official forums when in reality he's just the fall guy taking all the abuse because there's no one else to vent at

I don't blame Yarick...he just seems like the Admin over at the official forums...I don't think he knows anything other then what is relayed to him by the people at WB...people seem to be going after him on the official forums when in reality he's just the fall guy taking all the abuse because there's no one else to vent at

I don't really blame him either. His statement is still bull, but there isn't anything he can really do about it. WB as a whole has proven many times from DC, to the movie side, the TV studios, and the game division that it has absolutely no idea how to interact with customers.

CD Keys has the game for $14. Worth it?

The game itself is fantastic. The problem is that on the PC, it's a huge pile of shit technically speaking. Frame rate issues, hitching, memory leaks, massive disk swapping, crashes to desktop and various in-game bugs that are either annoying or prevent you from completing the game.

It's a great game but once you start it's hard to stop until you complete it. If I were you I'd grab the key while it's cheap and DO NOT PLAY IT until it's fixed properly.

any programmers here?...so if WB/Rocksteady finished work on the interim patch and have sent it off for testing then how long does it usually take to test/de-bug?...I'm thinking by the 1st or 2nd week of September but that sounds like a long time

The game itself is fantastic. The problem is that on the PC, it's a huge pile of shit technically speaking. Frame rate issues, hitching, memory leaks, massive disk swapping, crashes to desktop and various in-game bugs that are either annoying or prevent you from completing the game.

It's a great game but once you start it's hard to stop until you complete it. If I were you I'd grab the key while it's cheap and DO NOT PLAY IT until it's fixed properly.

This is pretty much the answer I was looking for. I want to play it badly BUT it sounds broken as fuck still. Thanks.

An interim patch was tentatively scheduled for release some time in August. Work was still going to continue past August to finish rebuilding the PC version. The work was never going to be finished in August, interim patch delay or no.

An interim patch was tentatively scheduled for release some time in August. Work was still going to continue past August to finish rebuilding the PC version. The work was never going to be finished in August, interim patch delay or no.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

any programmers here?...so if WB/Rocksteady finished work on the interim patch and have sent it off for testing then how long does it usually take to test/de-bug?...I'm thinking by the 1st or 2nd week of September but that sounds like a long time

Having been in the Project Cars alpha test as a backer, I'd say 2 weeks. First week was about begging the testers to give them more information so they can figure out what went wrong. Then it's up to the team to determine if the game is stable enough with the amount of bugs that are found. There will always be bugs.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Thank you Captain Useless Post.

If you had followed along, you would see that we were discussing that apparently many people believed the August interim patch to be the final repair and re-release of the PC version. This is not true and had to be reiterated.

Thank you Captain Useless Post.

If you had followed along, you would see that we were discussing that apparently many people believed the August interim patch to be the final repair and re-release of the PC version. This is not true and had to be reiterated.

Except your post had nothing do with the point I was making with mine. I've read the entire thread. I've been following it since it was put up. Outside of Dan speculating on things I don't see this big misunderstanding that you are claiming is there.

It seems as though this is still a better game to play on console. After the upcoming patches I would like to know if that changes. Big fan of the series, leaning towards getting it for PS4. On the other hand, my PC specs blow away the PS4 so if they could fix all the bugs I am sure the PC version would be far, far better.

It seems as though this is still a better game to play on console. After the upcoming patches I would like to know if that changes. Big fan of the series, leaning towards getting it for PS4. On the other hand, my PC specs blow away the PS4 so if they could fix all the bugs I am sure the PC version would be far, far better.

Well it has more potential visually on the PC and of course you can have mouse and keyboard or a controller if the latter is your thing. So I think the PC version can be better. The problem is that the current state of the game isn't as good as your average open beta.

So, according to a supposedly leaked email, the full fix is coming in…

However, a report from Kotaku said that a leaked internal email from Warner addressed to EB Games revealed that the patch might not be available until the Australian spring, which is two months away.

Kotaku is about as reliable as a cat, so take this for what you will.

Looks like the patch might be pretty close now.

http://kotaku.com/arkham-knight-pc-patch-briefly-appears-and-early-repor-1728346453

Earlier today, Steam users noticed a large patch was deployed for the game, which quietly introduced a slew of new graphics options and made the game infinitely more playable for many. Not long after, however, another patch was released, which effectively removed it, and caused some crash issues for those who downloaded it. (Some have had success rebooting.)

However, some users were able to hang onto the original patch, and started putting the game through its paces, hoping Warner Bros. would deliver. The verdict?

Looks like its working much better for those who messed with it.

Thank fuck. Hopefully we hear something soon regarding the actual release date.

I played the full game using 2 ini tweaks. There is a tool on steam forums that now does it automatically and game runs perfect. The people claiming that game has a lot of issues must be living under a rock.

Patch and everything is good but the game is perfectly playable and for 14 bucks it is most definitely worth it.

I played the full game using 2 ini tweaks. There is a tool on steam forums that now does it automatically and game runs perfect. The people claiming that game has a lot of issues must be living under a rock.

Patch and everything is good but the game is perfectly playable and for 14 bucks it is most definitely worth it.

I've been playing this game with the same optimizing tool. While it works good the game still doesn't run as well as it should. The game also still has issues with many of the Gameworks features. There are stability issues and memory leaks as well. While the tool does help the situation immensely, the patch is still very much necessary.

I've been playing this game with the same optimizing tool. While it works good the game still doesn't run as well as it should. The game also still has issues with many of the Gameworks features. There are stability issues and memory leaks as well. While the tool does help the situation immensely, the patch is still very much necessary.

At this point, I might as well wait. The game is in my list, but after MGS V and Mad Max currently. It just has lower priority in the backlog list now.

September and still no release in sight? Wow. And people thought that leaked EB memo was hoax, might prove to be overly optimistic with its estimated release date. Might even be perfectly timed with the steam Christmas sales! :D

now 720p showed up :) ...looking good...are you running it on an SSD or mechanical drive?

Ran it off 4TB raid 0 mechanical drive and it was fine.
I may throw it on my SSD Raid and see if there is a difference but I doubt it.

I seen some people say textures are set to low and can not be changed but it seemed fine to me.I found it looked good and played great.

Ran on a single 980Ti no hitches ,stuttering after a couple hours playing.(yet that is)

2560x1440 Vram-5000
3860x2140 Vram-5900

My first try on a controller on Batman in years so I suck,but after that video played another 30 minutes all was good and it might be time to get some play in on this game after having it sit like some people for months.

Back