Bad Company 2

it's good to see team balancing, max player limit per team, and more specific limitss to when voluntary team switching can occur didn't make it into the patch

for a game that emphasizes team play, it sure is great teams are rarely within <=1 player

also, just got CTDed

Hmm, did you have CTDs pre patch or is this new?

Looking at the patch changelog, the lost connection issues haven't been fixed and the thread I posted earlier confirms it. In fact the new patch makes things worse, many are getting disconnects every time after 2 minutes of play (like I was getting before)

Hmm, did you have CTDs pre patch or is this new?

Looking at the patch changelog, the lost connection issues haven't been fixed and the thread I posted earlier confirms it. In fact the new patch makes things worse, many are getting disconnects every time after 2 minutes of play (like I was getting before)

got CTDs in beta, pre patch, and post patch :D

played a game where one guy with a m60 defending on rush got 40 and 5, rest of his team was 5/9 and whatnot. needless to say he was a hacker and me and my buddies left.

oh that was on the first point.

played a game where one guy with a m60 defending on rush got 40 and 5, rest of his team was 5/9 and whatnot. needless to say he was a hacker and me and my buddies left.

oh that was on the first point.

Honestly... that's perfectly possible with a M60.

Funniest thing happened to me last night.

Got the jump on a dude repairing his m3 bradley, blasted him away, then hopped in the m3 and went hunting. A moment later, I took a hit from a rocket or something, but couldn't see where it came from. So I pulled behind cover, jumped out, and started repairs. In the middle of repairs, I hear a faint fluttering sound, almost like a UAV... SQUISH!!! ...oh it was a UAV and the asshole landed it on me. :D

LMAO; instead of roadkill, airkill. Was this you?! http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/16/small-plane-hits-kills-man-south-carolina-hilton-head-beach/?test=latestnews

Honestly... that's perfectly possible with a M60.

Possible (depends on the map/opponents) but unlikely with people using the noobtube nadelauncher or Gustav.

That's a sad story. Since it was gliding, he probably wouldn't have heard it even without the iPod.

There is actually quite a bit wrong with that chart. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they set those numbers. In comparison to one another many of those weapons are way off.

You can pretty much spray at any distance with the M60 with perfect accuracy. It is hands down the most fucked up gun in the game.

You can pretty much spray at any distance with the M60 with perfect accuracy. It is hands down the most fucked up gun in the game.

Yeah, I've been killed by them a number of times. Why the hell does the Medic get the "light machine guns?" That never made sense to me.

The recoil part of the chart shows why it's completely broken coupled with the highest long range damage short of sniper rifles.

The recoil part of the chart shows why it's completely broken coupled with the highest long range damage short of sniper rifles.

Well the M60 would beat out most rifles and carbines for damage at longer range. That should be the case. However accuracy shouldn't be that good on them. They also recoil heavily.

Well the M60 would beat out most rifles and carbines for damage at longer range. That should be the case. However accuracy shouldn't be that good on them. They also recoil heavily.

A lot of the medic weapons kick much less than the assault rifles / smg's. Heck, it's orders of magnitude easier to get a long range kill with a medic LMG than a recon auto-sniper (why should that be the case?). I leveled medic the other day and got 300 kills with the M60... it now doubles the number of kills of my 2nd best weapon. My overall K/D is ~1.5, but I'm willing to bet my medic K/D is closer to 2.5. I was always dumbfounded when I got killed by a medic LMG only to see that the medic was half way across the map on the kill cam... now I know why.

I think in balancing the weapons they grossly overvalued RPM. The only thing 'bad' about the M60 is that it's the slowest LMG, not that it matters since it takes less rounds to kill and it's more accurate. The 'faster' guns have weaker stats in other categories, and it seriously doesn't make up for it.

The M60 does recoil heavily with the 4x scope. You can only really do single shot bursts. However, swtiching to the red dot with heavier armor pretty much makes you invincible as there seems to be no recoil with that scope.

The new patch is useless they didnt fix any of the major problems. Punkbuster and Autobalance should be their two priorities but alas nothing was done about that.

My new favorite thing to do is stand infront of the snipers on my team padding stats far far in the back. Good times.

I'll admit I gave this a whirl just for shits and giggles on the map that shows the fire running through the hills.

I'd stand next to the UAV and snipe people on the left side of the map. When I realized I was at 14-0 I switched to the engineer and took a Bradley over. I'm not sure what is worse, snipers or Bradley whores.

Was good times though. Liking the engineer a lot more now that I have the CG and magnum bullets.

The M60 does recoil heavily with the 4x scope. You can only really do single shot bursts. However, swtiching to the red dot with heavier armor pretty much makes you invincible as there seems to be no recoil with that scope.

The 4x scope does the same thing with all weapons... it's ironic that you get better accuracy with the red dot.

The 4x scope does the same thing with all weapons... it's ironic that you get better accuracy with the red dot.

I get a lot of headshots with the M60 w/4x scope. I have a bad habit of aiming at the center of mass and I think the second shot recoils basically right into their melon. That being said, I'll try the red dot to see if it will improve the results any.

On the Port Valdez map (defending) I love going up into the mountains, knifing the attacking snipers, use their kit to call in airstrike and switch back to go sniping the remaining ones with the M60 from up there.

There is actually quite a bit wrong with that chart. I'm not sure what they were thinking when they set those numbers. In comparison to one another many of those weapons are way off.

Uh, if you want 100% realism, go have a gunfight IRL.

This is a game, a game needs to be balanced so that something isn't ridiculously overpowered ...

Uh, if you want 100% realism, go have a gunfight IRL.

This is a game, a game needs to be balanced so that something isn't ridiculously overpowered ...

I think that's his point... i.e. there is something that's ridiculously overpowered and some weapons just plain suck.

I get a lot of headshots with the M60 w/4x scope. I have a bad habit of aiming at the center of mass and I think the second shot recoils basically right into their melon. That being said, I'll try the red dot to see if it will improve the results any.

This is true. center mass and recoil pops the second round into the head pretty much.

On the Port Valdez map (defending) I love going up into the mountains, knifing the attacking snipers, use their kit to call in airstrike and switch back to go sniping the remaining ones with the M60 from up there.

I love doing this. Works on a couple other maps. I've got pretty sneaky finding new sniping spots, but they are few and far between. Ran one map where I sat in a bush in the middle of the field near the harbor and just sniped people attacking the stations. killed an engineer and laid mines all over the place and went back to sniping. Even got accused of hacking. Ended the match at like 33-2. Was pretty awesome. I suck all the other times.

discovered today that mines layed as an engi dont disapeer at death or even with a class change, layed some mines on port val at the first set of m-comms where the 2 roads meet from attackers base.

After a bit I realized the attackers are just camping wiht the tanks so i switched to sniper. About 10 minutes later suddenly i got a double kill and a destroyed vehicle from my mines I had layed at the beggining of the map. I had no idea they stayed lol.

it's been a good night so far :)

- discovered that you can destroy enemy tanks as an engi by using your repair drill
- got my first repair drill kill, drilled the back of a sniper :D
- set a new personal record for marksman bonus: 263 pts
- got the marksman award:
BC2marksman-1.jpg

Spent about fifteen minutes on a server drilling people in the head at their main spawn. Someone needs to make an award so I get a million points for head-drilling.

it's been a good night so far :)

- discovered that you can destroy enemy tanks as an engi by using your repair drill
- got my first repair drill kill, drilled the back of a sniper :D
- set a new personal record for marksman bonus: 263 pts
- got the marksman award:
BC2marksman-1.jpg

This is exactly why im irritated with snipers who only care about themselves their K/D ratio and their sniper awards to show off! Theres no teamwork with 5-8 snipers sitting on a hill while the rest get slaughtered trying to assault the COM....

This is exactly why im irritated with snipers who only care about themselves their K/D ratio and their sniper awards to show off! Theres no teamwork with 5-8 snipers sitting on a hill while the rest get slaughtered trying to assault the COM....

simmer down. it's ok to post some light-hearted, positive things...like personal achievements. not every post has to be about the game's short-comings. i'm a team player, as evident by my overall scores for the other classes. and my K/D ratio is hardly that of a recon-only player:

BC2scores-1.jpg

discovered today that mines layed as an engi dont disapeer at death or even with a class change...

same goes for ammo packs and med packs. i like this new system. in BF2 these things disappeared when you swapped classes, but did they also disappear each time you died? i can't remember...

same goes for ammo packs and med packs. i like this new system. in BF2 these things disappeared when you swapped classes, but did they also disappear each time you died? i can't remember...

might not be completely accurate

ammo packs have a resupply limit / despawn timer

medic packs have a despawn timer

AT mines have a despawn timer

don't know how long the timer lasts

Back