Bad Company 2

I just recently got this game. Game is extremely hard. I played for 2 hours and I'm only half way to level 1.

once u advance a few levels u can play as medic throw healing and then revive that can give insane amount of points.

I just recently got this game. Game is extremely hard. I played for 2 hours and I'm only half way to level 1.

once you get into the swing of things and realize it doesn't play like every other point and shoot game the FPS genre has been flooded with it gets much much easier. learn how to snipe and play heavy metal. you can average 150+ marksman points for headshots with long range shots. so far my highest is 450 points on a ridge to ridge shot. about 2 miles give or take and 2 1/2 dot drop(m95 scope) was an amazing shot too. just the map heavy metal alone since release i've gained 2 ranks. love that map.

lovin' the new maps. Heavy Metal by far is the funnest. CHOPPA WAR!!!

Agreed! Definitely having fun with the new maps, Heavy Metal is AT4 heaven. Here's some video of me and some of my clanmates messing around on our unranked server on Harvest day and Heavy Metal(mostly throwing vehicles with explosives):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3oq1C2KYdw

Also, I put this together over about 2 hours of playtime, it's me with the AT4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvJrbPG22Kc

I think I'm done with this game. I've put about 80hrs into it so far. But with the new maps, unbalanced weapons, accuracy and hit detection issues, no footstep sounds, maps and lack of good servers it's just getting annoying.

Last edited:
Is it too late to get into the game? Kinda peaked at COD and everyone talks how awesome this game is and I never played anything besides CS and COD.

What system should I get it for? PC/xbox/PS3?

Is it too late to get into the game? Kinda peaked at COD and everyone talks how awesome this game is and I never played anything besides CS and COD.

What system should I get it for? PC/xbox/PS3?

Definitely PC, not just for the natural superiority of FPS on PC, but due to the PC player base compared to the BC2 crowd on consoles. You'll eat a lot of bullets to begin with, and will probably lose quite a few gunfights to guys with Magnum Ammo, but once you unlock enough stuff and get comfortable with one or two of the classes, you'll have a blast. Playing as the Medic and using vehicles are quick ways to rack up XP.

I last played BC2 on consoles about four months ago and had a lot of fun, but even then it was beginning to resemble a ghost town. On the PC there are a lot more players, plus there will be more as gamers come back a) from Black Ops, b) to check out the new free maps, and/or c) to refresh and get ready for Vietnam.

The competition is more stiff on PC too in that the player base generally plays the objectives and for the win, and (more importantly) knows how to do so. On console you have a lot of players from COD who are perfectly fine at shooting things but struggle with the team and support aspects of Battlefield. Dive into a Rush game on the console and you'll find players on the attacking team camping at their own spawn, or defenders who remain oblivious to flashing red lights and roaring sirens that signify that one of the M-Comms has an explosive charged armed on it and needs to be disarmed quick-smart. The PC BC2'ers also tend to be better shots, have better twitch reflexes, are better organised and are more alert than the console BC2'ers, at least in my experience.

Last edited:
ohhhh man finally got to play some new maps last night and Cold War is my new favorite. It is non stop action. If you are a medic on that map and don't get over 2k points you're doing it wrong.

I think I'm done with this game. I've put about 80hrs into it so far. But with the new maps, unbalanced weapons, accuracy and hit detection issues, no footstep sounds, maps and lack of good servers it's just getting annoying.

New maps are pretty awesome, why don't you like em? Weapons can go either way... I'd say they're balanced, but that's cause every single one of em is too good. I play HC though, so my perspective may be skewed. Don't know how they vary in SC. Accuracy/hit detections, I whole heartedly agree, they suck. A lot... I hear footsteps most of the time? Duno what to say about that. Good servers tend to be harder to find, but I've managed to find a few that I rotate around (one with no rules, two with rules but tend to cry about certain things, and one that stacks teams like crazy and kicks you if you say anything or do good against them lol)

New maps are pretty awesome, why don't you like em? Weapons can go either way... I'd say they're balanced, but that's cause every single one of em is too good. I play HC though, so my perspective may be skewed. Don't know how they vary in SC. Accuracy/hit detections, I whole heartedly agree, they suck. A lot... I hear footsteps most of the time? Duno what to say about that. Good servers tend to be harder to find, but I've managed to find a few that I rotate around (one with no rules, two with rules but tend to cry about certain things, and one that stacks teams like crazy and kicks you if you say anything or do good against them lol)

Hate the wide open maps. Especially the one in that big canyon. Don't know the name of it. The smaller ones are okay and I guess Harvest day can be okay, but if you have a small group it's just boring.

I think someone earlier said the stats they give on the weapons is basically wrong. Concerning accuracy, rate of fire and all that... which is nice. I'm no gun expert but it's annoying to get picked off across a map from a gun that's supposed to have really low accuracy.

The footsteps is a very real issue. I don't know what the intended implementation is but you cannot hear enemy footsteps. You can sometimes hear teammates, but no enemy movement. I've been in dead quiet areas, not firing, not gun fire around me, nothing. And I get knifed by some jackass who ran full sprint up behind me. It's a joke.

I've done it to other people as well.

Last edited:
Hate the wipe open maps. Especially the one in that big canyon. Don't know the name of it. The smaller ones are okay and I guess Harvest day can be okay, but if you have a small group it's just boring.

I think someone earlier said the stats they give on the weapons is basically wrong. Concerning accuracy, rate of fire and all that... which is nice. I'm no gun expert but it's annoying to get picked off across a map from a gun that's supposed to have really low accuracy.

The footsteps is a very real issue. I don't know what the intended implementation is but you cannot hear enemy footsteps. You can sometimes hear teammates, but no enemy movement. I've been in dead quiet areas, not firing, not gun fire around me, nothing. And I get knifed by some jackass who ran full sprint up behind me. It's a joke.

You are incorrect. I hear people coming up behind me all the time from footsteps. I've shot people through fences from footsteps, I've end-arounded people trying to sneak through houses from footsteps. Maybe something is wrong with your install, I don't know, but there is no consistent bug which prevents you from hearing enemy footsteps.

As for the maps, Heavy Metal is my favourite map. I think people dislike it because they're trying to use their tried and true play style and it doesn't work. What's more, people get all excited thinking "Oh, it's a sniper map!" when in reality while the range and openness are "cool" for sniping it doesn't actually lead to an effective strategy for most people. If you're incredibly skilled, maybe, but most people shoot at me and I spot them out and then a tank or helicopter blows them up from who knows where. My only complaint with it is having to find a damn assault to get ammo from, because there's typically VERY few of them and they're never where I need them to be lol

arg i hate you GOL users. fecking fires to fast and pisses me off. im primarily using the m95 til i max the stars out on it then ill switch to something else. i tend to move in circles. makes it harder for people that are trying to headshot instead of just getting the kill. down fall is how long the m95 takes to reload which screws me up sometimes.

What rank are you? Once I hit 50, I went back to the GOL and fell in love again. It had me from hello.....

GOL is a focking beast; no sway, great power w/mag ammo + fast reload. I've gotten a bunch of kills vs M95 users who missed the first shot and are trying to line up the second one as I'm taking either my 2nd or 3rd shot.

After using the M95 for awhile (got 5 gold on it) and going back to the GOL, I'm pissed at myself for chasing points using the M95. Personally, I'd stick with the GOL and get your points elsewhere if that's what you're trying to achieve.

Last edited:
You are incorrect. I hear people coming up behind me all the time from footsteps. I've shot people through fences from footsteps, I've end-arounded people trying to sneak through houses from footsteps. Maybe something is wrong with your install, I don't know, but there is no consistent bug which prevents you from hearing enemy footsteps.

Guess it might be some settings. But it's retarded to have to go through all this for some footsteps.

Last edited:
Guess it might be some settings. But it's retarded to have to go through all this for some footsteps.

I don't know why you should have to, I never had to change any settings or anything. Do you play with headphones or speakers? I always use headphones, and some of the people I play with who I know use speakers clearly don't hear as well as I do in some situations.

I don't know why you should have to, I never had to change any settings or anything. Do you play with headphones or speakers? I always use headphones, and some of the people I play with who I know use speakers clearly don't hear as well as I do in some situations.

Headphones with an Audigy2 ZS right now. I did a quick search and people were saying to adjust some audio settings.

i dont even bother with the footsteps. but you can listen for equipment making noise. especially if some idiots running up on you instead of walking you can hear his equipment making noise. or i just periodically check behind me. though i usually setup in a spot where they can not get behind me without me seeing it.

i dont even bother with the footsteps. but you can listen for equipment making noise. especially if some idiots running up on you instead of walking you can hear his equipment making noise. or i just periodically check behind me. though i usually setup in a spot where they can not get behind me without me seeing it.

Doesn't work.

I have to agree with the others here. There must be something wrong with your game or your audio equipment. I can hear enemy footsteps loud and clear both through my headset and my z5500s. z5500s have saved my ass from assassination's more times than I can count simply from hearing footsteps in the rear speakers.

My only complaint with it is having to find a damn assault to get ammo from, because there's typically VERY few of them and they're never where I need them to be lol

There's few Assault on Heavy Metal because there's too many enemy armor/helos/snipers out there. Hoofing around as assault/medic doesn't make much sense on such an open map laden with all those vehicles.

Try a pair of headphones,i don't have any issues! GL

Headphones are a must for the Battlefield Series. In BF1942 I used to have all the distinct sounds of the guns down. If I was Allied and I heard a MP40/Type 99 being fired, I knew an enemy was close and with headphones, you know pretty much where he's at.

In BC2 all weapons are shared but you hear characters yelling things, giving away their positions. Some people change a setting to where all sounds are in English but I'd rather hear someone yelling in Russian if I'm American so I know where the enemy is at.

I have to agree with the others here. There must be something wrong with your game or your audio equipment. I can hear enemy footsteps loud and clear both through my headset and my z5500s. z5500s have saved my ass from assassination's more times than I can count simply from hearing footsteps in the rear speakers.

Try a pair of headphones,i don't have any issues! GL

I am using headphones as I stated before. I think my issue might have been with the creative drivers. It seems like the official ones left out some important settings for CMSS and mixing software. So I loaded up someone's homegrown software/driver bundle last night but didn't have a chance to mess with it.

I did test setting my windows config to 5.1 and creative console to headphones as others have suggested and the windows test did properly play through all 5 speakers where it failed to before.

So I'll fire it up tonight and see what's what. Footsteps is just a minor issue though.

n BC2 all weapons are shared but you hear characters yelling things, giving away their positions. Some people change a setting to where all sounds are in English but I'd rather hear someone yelling in Russian if I'm American so I know where the enemy is at.

One thing I do, when I think someone is using cover I will throw a nade near, around or possibly at an opponent to invoke the grenade response. Then handle accordingly. People never think how much they give their position away inadvertently, due to chatter that happens from events in the game. For instance take down an enemy and I hear "man down, man down" close by.

I hear footsteps too, but if a lot is going on you are not going to hear much. Snow, is the easiest for me to hear people, even far away using no headphones.

One thing I do, when I think someone is using cover I will throw a nade near, around or possibly at an opponent to invoke the grenade response. Then handle accordingly. People never think how much they give their position away inadvertently, due to chatter that happens from events in the game. For instance take down an enemy and I hear "man down, man down" close by.

I do the same thing.

Another tip to find an enemy in cover is to your binocs over an area. I think the center dot will turn red if it passes over an enemy even if you can't see them.

What do you guys think, will we see SPECACT on sale from Steam at Christmas?

I don't know but as cool as those new skins look I refuse on principal to give them 6 bucks for skins. I just somehow feel like a moron doing that. Like I almost rather make paper little airplanes out of 6 dollar bills and burn one end of them and let em fly. I'm not kidding heh. I really don't know why but I hate getting nickle and dimed like some 14 year old console kiddie. /sigh

edit: I preordered the vietnam exp. 15 bucks for all thatgameplay was a no brainer.

I really don't know why but I hate getting nickle and dimed like some 14 year old console kiddie. /sigh
You know as well as I do that if they didn't, there are going to be people going "Well the console version got it, why didn't the PC version?"

funny thing is most people I've talked to think the Specact pack was only suppose to be for the console version. but yeah i agree you will always have that group that bitches about how the console got something the PC version didn't.

Encountered the first obvious hacker today. They'd sit in a tank on a hill and headshot people with the machine gun from miles away. Guess who it was on the scoreboard.

Then again, with a score such as

I might actually be the one hacking. :eek:

Encountered the first obvious hacker today. They'd sit in a tank on a hill and headshot people with the machine gun from miles away. Guess who it was on the scoreboard.

Then again, with a score such as

I might actually be the one hacking. :eek:

That's why harvest day is such a shitty map. It seems like Attackers have a really easy time of it on the first section and can just sweep the defenders' spawn area clean with minimal effort. They don't even bother to attack most of the time, and the only safe place for the defenders is sitting on the hill on the left side amongst the trees.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm so sick of this game. Level 28 with 163 hours played and I can't stay in a map longer than 15min before I just quit.

That's why harvest day is such a shitty map. It seems like Attackers have a really easy time of it on the first section and can just sweep the defenders' spawn area clean with minimal effort. They don't even bother to attack most of the time, and the only safe place for the defenders is sitting on the hill on the left side amongst the trees.

That's why I only play Conquest.. it's more fun that way.

It's not you man.

I dunno, maybe I'm just getting older but honestly I think the problem is that there is just so much skill that can be applied before you hit the limitations of the netcode.

Take source - I probably have a couple thousand hours in CS:S and I never get tired of it because there is always something to improve on and effort is directly correlated with improved skills and results. I got to the point where I can routinely go 100-5 or 100-10 in pubs.

That's not the case with this game. It seems as if I try to play for the team and complete the objectives, the rest of my team sits back and I just repeatedly die. If I try to win singlehandedly by killing the rest of the other team, I run out of ammo well before I die and no asshats drop an ammo case. Plus, half of the time when I hit someone the damage doesn't register, the server browser is buggy sometimes, knifes are still fucked up, the bullet drop changes with each patch, vehicle turret sensitivity blows even when hacking the .cfg files, etc, etc, etc.

It's a real disappointment given what it has the potential to be. It's really impossible to play the game on a very high level unless you have a group of real-life friends that play, and even then you're limited by the problems of the netcode.

Back