Bad Company 2

1. knifes unfixable because of the predetermined animation used.
2. havent noticed a difference in bullet drop except a couple weapons that obviously needed to be fixed.
3. get a quick change DPI mouse. i have no problem with the tank turrets at 4000 DPI.
4. CSS is still the same boring game it was 6 years ago. i went through high school playing that game. i really dont want to relive my high school days playing the same exact game with a bunch of whinning little kids that just learned how to swear.

SPECTACT has been available on consoles for months. PC still doesn't have Onslaught Mode, and supposedly because of dedicated servers, the PC never will.

Anyone else sucking dick since these two most recent patches, the ones that "fixed" the hitboxes? I'm dying a lot more than usual and although I can usually play for the team, arming objectives and whatnot whilst maintaining a 2:0 KDR, I can't do either any more. KDR is slipping and I can't arm/defend/defuse any more, I just seem to soak up hits after going behind cover.

I find my KDR comes in spurts. Some days you are just off. I got a career 2.7 KDR, but today I've been hittin bricks

Just verified that the hitboxes are indeed utter junk.

Had 2 people plus myself see why it's so easy to die when you're apparently behind cover. The person being shot at and I (watching from the side) took videos and synced them to different points:

*player refers to the person being shot at

Video synced to the player's movement:
- Line of sight diagram: http://stfcc.org/pics/i/e45438d389c2f0714e71841856d8a829.png
- The player is dead.
- The player is visible by the attacker from the side view but is not visible from the player's view.

Video synced to the player's movement:
- Line of sight diagram: http://stfcc.org/pics/i/10606a90585d3af41196c6b9eb350f3f.png
- The player is not dead (but will be soon - impossible according to the pic yet it happened).
- The player is just barely, if at all visible from both the side view but not from the player's view.

If the attacker had been recording, it would have shown that the player he's shooting at is visible but the player can't see the attacker.

So what it comes down to is either the 1st person view is actually in the player's abdomen, there is no lag compensation (hitboxes are always <ping> ms behind the player model), both, or something even more terrestrial is going on.

What's even more puzzling is that in both videos you can see the player's view warp towards the attacker for a few frames right before he dies, as if the server is forcing the player's view/model to be where his hitboxes are.

What a mess.

Encountered the first obvious hacker today. They'd sit in a tank on a hill and headshot people with the machine gun from miles away. Guess who it was on the scoreboard.

I remember e.hemingway from 2142. The first time I encountered him was Cerbere Landing. He actually called a vote on me because he could not hit me while I was behind cover. I cannot stand that ass, any cheater really.

Another tip to find an enemy in cover is to your binocs over an area.

For some reason, maybe playing first person shooters for 17 years, but I can see opponents easily. It is rare that I do not see someone. Matter of fact I think the Spec kits are easier to see. The black Kevlar vests are easy to spot, compared to the normal BDU's.

3. get a quick change DPI mouse. i have no problem with the tank turrets at 4000 DPI.

My MX518 quick change dpi buttons stopped working for some reason. I thought it was just the game but out of the game they don't work either.

Sucks since now the tank turrets seems so slow. :(

Why? What would be the problem for doing it?

Because Onslaught is a 4 player mode, so servers that wanted to rotate an onslaught map would drop almost the entire server so 4 people could play. They said they were still trying to work out a solution for this, but I'm expecting them to just say "Hey guys, if you want onslaught, you're gonna need a dedicated onslaught server..."

Because Onslaught is a 4 player mode, so servers that wanted to rotate an onslaught map would drop almost the entire server so 4 people could play. They said they were still trying to work out a solution for this, but I'm expecting them to just say "Hey guys, if you want onslaught, you're gonna need a dedicated onslaught server..."
Maybe LAN for onslaught mode? *crosses fingers*

I don't know what's wrong with me but I'm so sick of this game. Level 28 with 163 hours played and I can't stay in a map longer than 15min before I just quit.

You might just be getting old :p. My attention span for most games, most of the time is about the same as yours nowadays. Gone are the days where I can spend hours playing.

You might just be getting old :p. My attention span for most games, most of the time is about the same as yours nowadays. Gone are the days where I can spend hours playing.

I'm the same way now. I used to be able to play games for hours on end. Now I usually get bored after 15-30 minutes. I guess as I got older I realized there's a lot more to life then sitting at my computer.

That being said, BC2 is one of the only games I still play once in a while.

Now when people complain about the whole being shot while behind cover, I have a question. What constitutes as "cover". You do know some guns in the game can shoot through certain walls. People are smart enough to track a person through a wall if they see them run behind it.

My question is how do you know its the game's "lag issue' rather than someone who plays too much and knows just where to shoot you through the wall.

Now when people complain about the whole being shot while behind cover, I have a question. What constitutes as "cover". You do know some guns in the game can shoot through certain walls. People are smart enough to track a person through a wall if they see them run behind it.

My question is how do you know its the game's "lag issue' rather than someone who plays too much and knows just where to shoot you through the wall.

Cause (at least in my case) it happens for pretty much every wall, rock, and vehicle. Not saying I'm always getting killed when I take cover, but I've pretty much had it happen using everything available and this has been my biggest rage inducer in my almost 400 hours of play.

Look at the examples I gave. The were hiding behind a bump in the ground. Can't shoot through that.

Bite the bullet and finally bought BFBC2 yesterday. I am enjoying myself greatly, not as much as I remember enjoying BF1942, but still lots of fun for the most part. The part that is not so fun is joining a noobie server and seeing a bunch of 40's on a team, seriously, how horrible must you be to have to play on a noobie designated server at that level???

Hard, impenetrable cover. Concrete blocks and rocks and the like, and you see the person down the road shooting at you, you run behind the cover, sit down out of sight and then half a second later you're dead by their pistol.

When you have an awesome pilot, you can do really well. :D (and yes, I typically play in windowed mode)

epicbc2c.jpg

Your player model and your view will actually get "sucked" towards where you actually died instead of where you see yourself being. That's how.

I know there are hitbox/lag issues that make me die while behind the 'hard' cover. I get pissed when I'm in soft cover (trees/foliage) where I'm not moving/not shooting and some dbag is shooting blindly at me because he somehow knows I'm there. I play HC exclusively so there isn't a red triangle hovering over my head. It's been happening less frequently (mainly because I've changed servers) so it's not been an issue.

I shoot people through wooden fences all the time. I guess they don't realize you can see their feet moving beneath it therefore you know where they're at.

Hmm.. this 69 million combined team actions to unlock Operation Hastings map for Vietnam is interesting.

When you have an awesome pilot, you can do really well. :D (and yes, I typically play in windowed mode)

epicbc2c.jpg

VERY NICE WORK!!! We have runs close to that but the kills are spread out between different gunners as I rotate my squad for turns on the best gunner seat.

Anyone else notice that they (sorta) fixed White Pass rush? They moved Alpha on the second set and Bravo on the final set to the exterior of the building, meaning you have to arm them instead of collapse them. Did they change anything else on the old maps?

damn 100-7. nice.

i just finished maxing out the m-95 so now im having to learn the GOL. i mastered the bullet drop on the m95 but the GOL is a biotch! the drop on it doesnt seem to be consistent between short and long range like the m95 is.

I know there are hitbox/lag issues that make me die while behind the 'hard' cover. I get pissed when I'm in soft cover (trees/foliage) where I'm not moving/not shooting and some dbag is shooting blindly at me because he somehow knows I'm there. I play HC exclusively so there isn't a red triangle hovering over my head. It's been happening less frequently (mainly because I've changed servers) so it's not been an issue.

I shoot people through wooden fences all the time. I guess they don't realize you can see their feet moving beneath it therefore you know where they're at.

if you know the maps and the way tree's are suppose to look you can usually pick out people in soft cover. i do it all the time. even people making slight movements i can pick out the vague shape of the gun sticking out or if the person accidently moves left or right you can see the camo change enough to pick them out.

Really? I love thr gol. I couldn't stand the constant up and down of the m95. Pretty much thr gol and vss is all I snipe with if that's what I'm in the mood for. Which is hard lol. I like being in the thick of things I don't have thr patience for sniping.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Really? I love thr gol. I couldn't stand the constant up and down of the m95. Pretty much thr gol and vss is all I snipe with if that's what I'm in the mood for. Which is hard lol. I like being in the thick of things I don't have thr patience for sniping.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

when i was a teenager i loved being in the thick of things in FPS's. but now i don't have the reaction time for it. so i stick to sniping since im far more precise with it.

I'll get the GOL down eventually only used it for about 15 minutes. its just a bitch getting the bullet drop like i was saying. no problem shooting a guy half way across the map. but i couldnt shoot a guy that was 500 ft from me. the guy was just sitting still yet i couldnt get the range right. tried with no drop compensation all the way to the same drop compensation i would use to shoot some one a mile away and yet i still couldnt friggin hit him. worst part is i cant see where the shot is hitting either.

. worst part is i cant see where the shot is hitting either.

You can see if you hold down the left mouse button long enough, you're not alone btw i have a really hard time using the dots and adjust for bullet drop myself, especially if it's a moving target. Thankfully m14 and slugs are multiclass weapons :)

Btw am i the only one who has observed a performance drop after the latest patch ?, arica harbor runs like shit now ( <50 fps during most firefights ) i even get around ~10fps during the first second after the map loads, http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...errible-fps-drops-shuttering-after-r10-6.html

my system specs for reference : Q6700 @ 3.3ghz radeon 5850 @ 5870 clocks ( catalysts 10.5 hotfix + 10.5 profiles ) 4gigs of ram win7 home premium 64bit.

You can see if you hold down the left mouse button long enough, you're not alone btw i have a really hard time using the dots and adjust for bullet drop myself, especially if it's a moving target. Thankfully m14 and slugs are multiclass weapons :)

Btw am i the only one who has observed a performance drop after the latest patch ?, arica harbor runs like shit now ( <50 fps during most firefights ) i even get around ~10fps during the first second after the map loads, http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...errible-fps-drops-shuttering-after-r10-6.html

my system specs for reference : Q6700 @ 3.3ghz radeon 5850 @ 5870 clocks ( catalysts 10.5 hotfix + 10.5 profiles ) 4gigs of ram win7 home premium 64bit.

the performance drop could be due to them fixing the shit they broke in the previous update. now you can see your own tracers. you can see your tanks firing rounds. also the invisible rounds exploding are visible again. but i haven't noticed a performance drop but i've also only been playing the new maps. oasis is the only one that runs like shit for me when people are mortaring the hell out of the map my cpu load spikes to 100% which causes me to drop a few frames.

i prefer the dot sight on the m95. i hate the sight on that russian sniper rifle with the triangle shit. took me for effing ever to figure out the range on that one. still cant hit 1+ mile shots though. been going through all the sniper rifles to find my next favorite one since i have no reason to use the m95 anymore.

Update you drivers. Wait for the 10.12s I would think but yeah.

not the answer i was lookin for, everybody is saying that the best driver for bc2 is 10.5a especially for crossfire setups, afaik bc2 performance went downhill after 10.5, my gpu usage seems to be the same as before patch but now it feels choppier when <50fps while before patch i could still get a smooth feeling even when the fraps counter indicated ~40fps.

New maps seem fine performance wise, i only get trouble when i play cold war in 32man servers during some firefights, other than it's playable enough to me.

i average 35-40 FPS and never noticed any choppiness in the game at all. its only when i get into the mid 20's i feel it which only happens on oasis.

and based on these 3 reviews with 3 different driver versions the performance hasn't changed one bit.

WHQL 10.10 http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/10/26/msi_n480gtx_lightning_video_card_review/7

10.10d http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/09/nvidia_geforce_gtx_580_video_card_review/7

10.11 http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/11/29/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_480_super_overclock_review/7

and based on these numbers theres a 44% performance gain between the 10.7 and 10.8a hotfix drivers in crossfire. http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/08/26/ati_crossfirex_application_profile_108a_performance/

so why everyone is still crying the oh 10.5a's are the best drivers out for so and so game is over. its been over for a while.

not to mention the 10.10e hotfix drivers + 10.10e cap fixed a lot of crossfire issues.

Last edited:
still cant hit 1+ mile shots though. been going through all the sniper rifles to find my next favorite one since i have no reason to use the m95 anymore.

Heavy Metal is only 1100-1200meters long(back of spawn to back of spawn), what maps are big enough to give you a mile to shoot through?

ahh thats all it is.. well shit. thought it was longer scale wise then that. sure looks longer when your standing on the hill in the middle near B.

Im wondering this about BC2. Why is it the graphics every year dont improve a ton. dont get me wrong I think the game is fantastic & had nice graphics but they feel off to me. I play alot of single player & I havent played single player BC2 until today on PC. Ive played it for console

I noticed an Extremely over use of Sun & Fog that kills the colors completely.

Im wondering this about BC2. Why is it the graphics every year dont improve a ton. dont get me wrong I think the game is fantastic & had nice graphics but they feel off to me. I play alot of single player & I havent played single player BC2 until today on PC. Ive played it for console

I noticed an Extremely over use of Sun & Fog that kills the colors completely.

Trends in game design. This happens every few years when someone throws some kinda cliche thing with their graphics like "god rays" were/are everywhere. Though BC2 really over does lighting and fog and it really bothers me most of the time, but I'm still playing :(

dont get me wrong i love the game played it alot on console to be honest on console i never really realized it. I play the first 2 missions of single play on pc and its like bam at times i was blind walking cause the sun was right there in my view.

its become BC2 is a modified console only game to PC. so the graphics are limited by the console then tried to improve on them for the PC version. only so much they can do without having to recode the entire game for PC. i have no problems with the graphics in BC2 since its lucky we even got it on PC in the first place. BC2 was one of the few console exclusive games i thought might end up on PC.

as far as the lighting and fog/smoke go, willister is right. its an annoying trend used to hide flaws in the game but to also limit view distance for snipers to give non snipers a better chance. single player its a little over done. multiplayer its not to bad though except for that one desert/ocean map or what ever the hell it is with the broken ship in the middle.

let me ask you this does BC2 run all 4 cores? I have a x3 core now ive been wanting to switch to a 955 at christmas but would it be worth it?

yep i sit at 80% load core 0 and 75% across the other 3 cores. oasis is the only map that will put my 940 at full load if 3 or 4 mortar strikes are going at the same time due to the buildings collapsing. but it will use as many cores as it needs to run. will even use all 6 cores on the x6's as well. more cores the better with BC2.

Back