Bad Company 2

Stop being a dick. It's a FORUM TO DISCUSS GAMES. Whether good or bad. BC2 is my favorite FPS for online play, all time. Even I can see thru jaded glasses these new maps aren't all that great. They are downright boring on defense, and frustrating on offense.

Rarely is said the maps were too small. People were peeved about 32 man size, and that was even rare.

Before anyone says you need to learn the maps...THERE IS NOTHING TO LEARN. Offense makes a mad dash and hopes the defense is asleep, or just bad as all hell. There is no cover to hide and pick people off from, or covering fire locations for movement forward. Theres no nice spots to learn and get to, to advance. Grab a vehicle and pray.

I played the new maps for about 2 hours last night and honestly, they make me want to play even less. Several things come to mind:

The ticket count is low (however I'm not sure if it's server specific) 75 tickets in Rush is a joke. The maps favor defenders heavily and unless the defenders are total idiots, it's near impossible to arm the objectives.

Some of the maps being more open would seem better until you have to try hoofing it with several snipers taking pot shots at you. That or several tanks camping spots laying waste to anything moving.

The Rush map with the attack helo on it (for attackers) is so damn open it's near impossible to land a tracer dart on them and with the decreased smoke deploy reload time good luck getting a lock on if you do. And don't bother replying 'use the AT4 or snipe them' because if the pilot is smart enough to use smoke perk, he's smart enough to fly better than that. I left several of the servers so disgusted at the airwhoring going on that I nearly uninstalled the game then and there.

It was only until I went into a server with Arica Harbor on it that I found it tolerable. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for the new content.

I think people are getting used to the map layouts. I was on Oasis Rush trying to fly and no matter how many times I explained to the gunners where the AA was and why it was better to shoot at that than the tanks, they couldn't get a grip. Died a lot, but I think as people get used to the maps situations like that will become rarer. Hope so, anyway.

I like how open Heavy Metal is. Im not a big fan of how crowded the 4 points are on the other new one though. :(

Sorry the open maps blow. And I can't help it if a server I like to play on (MTTK) has them on in the rotation.

Then find a different server!

Stop being a dick. It's a FORUM TO DISCUSS GAMES. Whether good or bad. BC2 is my favorite FPS for online play, all time. Even I can see thru jaded glasses these new maps aren't all that great. They are downright boring on defense, and frustrating on offense.

Yea, and like I said in my previous post, my contribution to the discussion is don't play it if you don't like it. No one is forcing you to play the new maps. That's the beauty of having dedicated servers. You can choose what you want to play.

Then find a different server!

Yup, like it's so easy. I've been searching. How many servers do you think won't have the new maps? Or at least not the "shitty" ones? Do you realize how many zeros, or high ping, laggy ass, and just crappy servers I've come across trying to play this game?

I saw several servers last night that were vanilla servers with low ping and I wasn't even looking for vanilla servers. Shouldn't be too difficult to find vanilla servers if you hate the new maps that much. (You can't sit there and tell me with a straight face that you enjoy every single one of the vanilla maps).

Isn't there a search feature that you can choose the maps you want to play/low ping/non-empty servers? I know there is for the retail version... (except lag)

Anyone here playing on a decent non hardcore server? If so, which one. I got back into the game after the new map packs were released, but I seem to keep hitting the team stacking d-bags on just about every server I try.

(No Hardcore, because quite frankly, I don't care for the heavy sniper component)

I've noticed more than ever that being ranked 26 is hindering my performance, every day more 50 ranks come at me...and it's not fun.

:eek:

At rank 26 you should have every perk you need to balance the playing field iirc. Rank 50's don't have anything over you except time played, and maybe some more gun unlocks if you only played one class all the way to 26. If you played a decent spread, not only would you have all the perks, but you would probably have all the unlocks by this time too.

I don't understand why people complain endlessly about the balance in Rush and then refuse to play any other mode as if rush was the only mode in the game. Rush has NEVER been balanced. It's always been horribly imbalanced to a ridiculous degree. This is not a new development introduced with the new maps.

If you're concerned about balance, Try playing *Conquest* on the new maps. I actually had a lot of fun playing with a friend on Harvest, Oasis, and even Heavy Metal... and I usually hate vehicle spam maps.

My opinion? Rush is stupid. I won't bother reiterating my previous posts about it for why.

Anyone here playing on a decent non hardcore server? If so, which one. I got back into the game after the new map packs were released, but I seem to keep hitting the team stacking d-bags on just about every server I try.

(No Hardcore, because quite frankly, I don't care for the heavy sniper component)

Search for "=E=" in the server browser. They have a 24x7 conquest called "Boobies and beer" or something that always seems to be full or close to it. Decent reg as well.

Another one is MAG, or "Master Assassins" or something like that. I don't quite remember, not at home so I can't look.

At rank 26 you should have every perk you need to balance the playing field iirc. Rank 50's don't have anything over you except time played, and maybe some more gun unlocks if you only played one class all the way to 26. If you played a decent spread, not only would you have all the perks, but you would probably have all the unlocks by this time too.
I made a new character once I hit rank 50 because I was tired of hearing everyone bitch... "oh look a lvl 50 owning noobs" or "oh look at all the lvl 50's stacked up"

Honestly at rank 18 I had the exact same class that I run with at rank 50... UMP-45, MP-443, M136 AT-4, Lightweight pack, Magnum Ammo and Vehicle Smoke.

The group of friends I play with online also created new characters and gave them all funny names... Bad.Player, Noob.Pilot, Awful.Noob, Teh.Simpleton, Simple.Jack etc.

Now when we are owning it up we get called out for hacking instead of getting hassled for being lvl 50 lol... It just never ends. I really like running as these low level noob characters because it makes higher rank players really rage when they start to get owned.

Oasis is just...dumb. That is not a good map for an attack helicopter. Have a good pilot? You win! They need to narrow down the fighting field. We had a pilot that was so good, people were just quitting on defense. The defense could not touch the guy. If they darted him, so what? He smoked, and banked. AA gun was pretty useless also. Map is just again, too wide open. Fantastic for 64 but not 32.

That is exactly what I meant. Whichever team had the good pilot won 90% of the time. You couldn't hit him unless he screwed up and got greedy or made a very stupid move.

Take the effin chopper out of that map or reinstate the longer reload time on the tracer (and put the tracer speed back up high).

Wow, so many bitches in this thread. All you people do is fucking whine.

Waaaaaaa, the maps are too small.

What does DICE do? They release 4 large, open maps closer to what Battlefield maps used to be like.

The result?

Waaaaaaa, the maps are too big.

If you don't like it then don't play the game or go back to playing vanilla you fucking babies.

All you do is fucking whine about people 'whining' (voicing opinions actually). If you don't like what you're reading GTFO. How about that?

I don't understand why people complain endlessly about the balance in Rush and then refuse to play any other mode as if rush was the only mode in the game. Rush has NEVER been balanced. It's always been horribly imbalanced to a ridiculous degree. This is not a new development introduced with the new maps.

If you're concerned about balance, Try playing *Conquest* on the new maps. I actually had a lot of fun playing with a friend on Harvest, Oasis, and even Heavy Metal...

My opinion? Rush is stupid. I won't bother reiterating my previous posts about it for why.

This.

All you do is fucking whine about people 'whining' (voicing opinions actually). If you don't like what you're reading GTFO. How about that?

All I do is whine about people whining?

HAHAHAHA, find the other posts in this thread where I'm whining about people whining and post them here. I'll be waiting....forever. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure today was the first time I've posted in this thread for months.

All I do is whine about people whining?

HAHAHAHA, find the other posts in this thread where I'm whining about people whining and post them here. I'll be waiting....forever. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure today was the first time I've posted in this thread for months.

I hope it's your last for.........................ever.

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you........(front or back) :wave:

I hope it's your last for.........................ever.

Oh wow, I didn't see a response like this coming from a mile away, Captain Predictable.

Anyway, getting back to Bad Company 2, it felt good to play a huge wide open map like Heavy Metal. Running for a minute straight with your friends just to get to a flag, just like the good old days. Good times were had last night on Vent.

FYI Filthy and Super, you both look like the retards you are accusing each other of being.

"Never argue with a fool, because from far away its hard to tell who's who."

Now back to BC2, I havent loaded the game up in a while. But now with these new maps, I'm excited. I just have a mountain of web edits to go through before I can play m games. *sigh* But one thing that I'm glad I got a confirmation on is that Rush is known to be imbalanced as a mode overall and not specific to the maps.

I do agree that there are other modes to play. Squad deathmatch is a nice change of pace but freaking intense. Conquest is the mainstay. Squad Rush is cool too. Has anyone in this thread messed around heavily at all with Squad Rush?

But one thing that I'm glad I got a confirmation on is that Rush is known to be imbalanced as a mode overall and not specific to the maps.

I have always found Rush to be imbalanced in favor of the defenders. If you have a half decent team when defending it's pretty much a guaranteed win. I find myself to be only of the only ones trying to plant at the MCOMs when attacking. :(

Conquest is the mainstay.

Indeed. I play Conquest 80% of the time I'd say.

For you guys crying about not being able to take out a heli I have 1 image for you....

__gadg_engineer_m136_png_920x460_q85.png

Make it your best friend in the game, it will be worth it once you have mastered it... I have and have always been able to take down even the most skilled pilots, you just have to learn when the right time is to fire. Since the AT4 is faster now it makes it even easier. Go pro, Go AT4!!!

So I just set up nv surround last night and tested it out. It is awesome.

But I'm having a problem with FOV. I had it set at default, and the edges were rounded and distorted, almost made me sick to play. So I used the fov calculator and set my fov to 22 (what it recommended) andim sort of having problems. It seems like I'm closer or farther away from objects than I feel I should be. I keep missing ledges and stairways because of it. I also keep finding myself disoreiented when I'm in enclosed space, like I can't tell how close to walls I am. Did anyone else have these kind of problems? Where should I set my FOV for 3x 1920x1080? I think the in game res is 5760x1080
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Just set fov to 55 or so. Your middle screen will be right but the sides will be stretched. Only way to play and get proper depth perception.

I've noticed a few issues with the new maps in Conquest Mode. I don't understand why DICE put the spawn point for B on Heavy Metal 150m away from the actual base. And on Oasis my Defibrillator wouldn't work at all. I changed kits but to no avail. When I came back to the Oasis map again, the Defib unit worked again. I'm not sure if it's an Oasis-specific problem or a general bug that I've never encountered before.

The game spawned me at the wrong flag on Harvest Day a few times too (e.g. I choose to spawn at B - which was secure - and I got spawned at A, C or D, depending on which flags the team had).

General bug - my text stopped showing up in the chat box after a couple of hours.

So I just set up nv surround last night and tested it out. It is awesome.

But I'm having a problem with FOV. I had it set at default, and the edges were rounded and distorted, almost made me sick to play. So I used the fov calculator and set my fov to 22 (what it recommended) andim sort of having problems. It seems like I'm closer or farther away from objects than I feel I should be. I keep missing ledges and stairways because of it. I also keep finding myself disoreiented when I'm in enclosed space, like I can't tell how close to walls I am. Did anyone else have these kind of problems? Where should I set my FOV for 3x 1920x1080? I think the in game res is 5760x1080

This is completely normal. Objects on the far extremes will always appear very close due to fisheye. I would leave the FOV around 55. It will take you a few weeks to get used to just looking at the center screen and using the surrounds as peripheral vision, but once you get used to it there is no going back.

Holy massive downloads batman!

I tried (unsuccessfully) yesterday to download the patch so that I could be ready to play this weekend. Either something was bogging down my intarwebs or that is one massive download!

Guess I'll be trying this again when I can sit for an hour or two while the download completes.

Holy massive downloads batman!

I tried (unsuccessfully) yesterday to download the patch so that I could be ready to play this weekend. Either something was bogging down my intarwebs or that is one massive download!

Guess I'll be trying this again when I can sit for an hour or two while the download completes.

It's 2.5GB or something apparently (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but yeah it's pretty hefty.

I should add that I quite like the new maps...very nice considering they are free, too. I think Harvest Day is my favourite.

Cold War is just a damn fun map. I'm usually against people using rockets on infantry maps, but on this one it is fitting. It really does behoove the defense to push forward as much as possible, so the buildings don't take out Mcoms. Smoke on this make is insane. Can't see jack in the houses, and people are just sitting ducks for knives. Snipers with shotty's and motion detectors own. I still think Valparaiso is the better map, Cold War is just mindless fun.

Cold War is just a damn fun map. I'm usually against people using rockets on infantry maps, but on this one it is fitting. It really does behoove the defense to push forward as much as possible, so the buildings don't take out Mcoms. Smoke on this make is insane. Can't see jack in the houses, and people are just sitting ducks for knives. Snipers with shotty's and motion detectors own. I still think Valparaiso is the better map, Cold War is just mindless fun.

yeah im about to give the rush maps a try. rarely play rush anymore but i want to check out those maps.

My only real gripe with the new rush maps is just how damn close to the mcoms the defenders spawn. Hoe the shit are attacker supposed to win if the defenders spawn two feet away from the crate? Especially with only 75 tickets. Raise thr tickets and move the defender spawn back a bit and it will be much more balanced,

My only real gripe with the new rush maps is just how damn close to the mcoms the defenders spawn. Hoe the shit are attacker supposed to win if the defenders spawn two feet away from the crate? Especially with only 75 tickets. Raise thr tickets and move the defender spawn back a bit and it will be much more balanced,

Edit: I think I was mistaken, I thought there were more fine-grained options for ticket count but now that I think of it it may just be global and per-mode.

Last edited:
§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036511624 said:
For you guys crying about not being able to take out a heli I have 1 image for you....

Make it your best friend in the game, it will be worth it once you have mastered it... I have and have always been able to take down even the most skilled pilots, you just have to learn when the right time is to fire. Since the AT4 is faster now it makes it even easier. Go pro, Go AT4!!!

/agree. Being faster is a mixed bag IMO, I think it makes some shots harder and some easier, but that could also be my having fired many times more shots at the old speed and still needing to get used to the new characteristics. Aside from that though, once I went AT4 I never worried about tracer darts again. I think I've equipped the tracer dart twice since I first started using the AT4.

Last edited:
Anyone getting the SPECACT Kit:
http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Ac...S&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=192365600
4 kit-specific unique uniforms and the camouflaged SPECACT personal M16A2, UMP-45, MG3 and a gun metal black M95 SNIPER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5kIGQ2mt0k&feature=related

I saw a few people with it two days ago. Think this should have been an award for reaching LvL 50.

I bought it a few nights ago. All weapons stats are the same except the MG3 which is increased damage/decreased rate of fire compared to the standard. Stats look pretty much the same as the XM8 LMG but with increased accuracy. Aside from that, I now look badass as assault and russian medic :p

I bought it a few nights ago. All weapons stats are the same except the MG3 which is increased damage/decreased rate of fire compared to the standard. Stats look pretty much the same as the XM8 LMG but with increased accuracy. Aside from that, I now look badass as assault and russian medic :p

Thanks for the info. I was like "WTF" when a teammate ran in front of me in black. I started shooting at him until I realized it was new DLC.

Hehehe, I've already had my fair share of bullets from team/squad mates that didn't realize I was on their side :)

Edit: Just logged onto steam and saw they were selling it for $5.99. It's $5.50 through ea store. Once you buy it, it'll automatically be added to your in game account and you should see 8 options for kits (Assault, Assault SA, etc.)

Last edited:
Back