Bad Company 2

Banned from the Vag server. Bunch of crybabies.

Were you camping on offense? That's usually the only thing they ban for, and rightfully so. No one wants to play with camping noobs on rush, it's retarded and boring.

i've put in 303 hours to get to rank 49, so i've put in quite a bit of time. i'm a mediocre player at best.

don't know if you're insinuating anything about me with this comment, but when i played i was always objective-oriented. my experience was about 50% of the time you join a squad that works together, and the other 50% of the time you get stuck with people who could care less about the objective and you have to go it alone.

Maybe I'm unlucky or just a BC2 fascist, but it seems in my experience it's 2% of the time the former and 98% the latter.

Cheats are already active. Got two so far. One guy went 53-0 on Oasis. He was AN94 on the FRONTLINE the whole time. I do not care how good you are. Anyone dies in that situation at least a few times. He was just spamming the trigger and knew exactly where we were. Cold Front I was on the lake side of the hill, down a bit so that you could not "spot" me. Not making any noise b/c I suspected this other player of something and guess who came running up on me? Uh huh. Unbelievable how fast they can get new code up.

I've hit like two since posting the other day about only seeing 4 since I started playing. People raping me in the face through soft cover at the start of a round before even seeing me, and then continuing to do so. It seems to be most prevalent on HC servers.

Can someone explain this to me? This morning I was a medic defibbing a group of people. I must have defibbed a group of 5 ppl twice each. Then all of a sudden I was kicked. Is there some fort of BFBC2 Medic/defib etiquette I am not informed of?

unless you were reviving them only for them to get killed by the same guy that killed them before then yes you broke the unwritten "do not f......ing revive me til you killed the person that killed me first!" rule.

Can someone explain this to me? This morning I was a medic defibbing a group of people. I must have defibbed a group of 5 ppl twice each. Then all of a sudden I was kicked. Is there some fort of BFBC2 Medic/defib etiquette I am not informed of?

either they booted you to make room for a clan member, or you were reviving people in the middle of enemy fire causing them to die immediately...which is annoying. i've been guilty of doing that before as a medic, but only because i didn't take the proper time to check my surroundings.

i've put in 303 hours to get to rank 49, so i've put in quite a bit of time. i'm a mediocre player at best.

don't know if you're insinuating anything about me with this comment, but when i played i was always objective-oriented. my experience was about 50% of the time you join a squad that works together, and the other 50% of the time you get stuck with people who could care less about the objective and you have to go it alone.

nope wasn't an insult on you at all. was intended to be a compliment for actually playing the game the way its meant to be played instead of just stat whoring it up to get to rank 50 as quick as possible.

Were you camping on offense? That's usually the only thing they ban for, and rightfully so. No one wants to play with camping noobs on rush, it's retarded and boring.

No. I just made some passing comments on their inability to play the game well, stacking, only a few good players, etc.

I can understand them being upset about that, but really, grow some balls and thicker skin.

I'm not sure what to think of these new maps. Thr only thing I can say with confidence is they are stacked heavily in favor of defense. Oasis is too fesnely packed and tiny, plus defenders spawn right on top of thr mcoms. And harvest has thr opposite problem. It's too spread out and open. If you die after setting thr mcom, better hope someone is near by, because you're 5 minutes away walking.

Oasis seems heavily geared for engies and harvest seems to br for snipers. Defense players are going to get a lot of kills. Offense? Enjoy dieing, lol. Seriously I would almost pay money to see a team roll through these maps and win in offense, because I'm just not seeing a way unless thr other team literaly has downs syndrome
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I love these throw back maps to Battlefield : Bad Company 1. So many good memories. I played the crap out of it.

I will admit that they are a bit out of pace with the regular BC2 maps and I think the BC2 maps are better designed.

PB is Permabanning tons of players that are firing up the updated BC2. You have to manually update PB Before playing or you might be permabanned. Check out this thread over at the Steam forums:eek:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1624370

Looks like they've lifted a bunch of these bans already. IMO they need to be putting in a lot more time bringing the pain to the real hackers.

People raping me in the face through soft cover at the start of a round before even seeing me, and then continuing to do so. It seems to be most prevalent on HC servers.

Seen it a couple times too; no matter what you do, the guy is ALWAYS pointing his gun in your direction no matter what cover you're approaching from.

Guy last night doing this at various times. I think he only had a map hack though because he knew where you were but wasn't insta-killing like the aimbotters. Apparently smart enough to use it selectively so as not to draw attention to his ways or it only gave him a heavy advantage if he was sitting back and not charging (where he can't pan 360 degrees constantly).

His only problem is taking long range pot shots with an M416 at a sniper in cover. In HC there's no little orange triangle to mark you so either the guy is hacking or the guy is hacking.

played on Oasis for about 20 minutes. seems like a good map. i just can't get back into BC2. it's still a great game, i'm just burnt out on it. though i must admit that when i clicked the "Vietnam" link on the main menu and it took me to the Vietnam ad, and it was playing CCR Fortunate Son, it made me want to buy it. CCR!

Looks like they've lifted a bunch of these bans already. IMO they need to be putting in a lot more time bringing the pain to the real hackers.

problem is that the only way they can do anything against the hackers is to scan the file integrety of the PB software. then you have to deal with virus scanners on top of that. along with trying to figure when are you going to do the scan? because the only way to detect it would be before the game loads. so you would have to setup a trigger in the game exe to scan the PB software before the game starts. and again you could easily work around that.

basically what I'm trying to say is that to completely stop it it would require a ton of checks and verifying those checks then verifying the check even happened. pain in the royal ass for them to do it but its possible.

heres a basic example.
game exe trigger's PB to scan the PB software for modifications while creating a list of md5 hash check's(only way to verify a file has not been changed in any way)
check ok's the software, the game starts.
player goes online.
player join's server, server verifies the PB software was scanned and checks the list of hash check files against master server.
if any any point it fails one of these checks the player is automatically banned from the server.

its honestly the easiest way of doing it since the only way to get away with hacking is modifying the PB software to trick it into not scanning specific folders/files.

but it will never happen so its just wishful thinking.

played on Oasis for about 20 minutes. seems like a good map. i just can't get back into BC2. it's still a great game, i'm just burnt out on it. though i must admit that when i clicked the "Vietnam" link on the main menu and it took me to the Vietnam ad, and it was playing CCR Fortunate Son, it made me want to buy it. CCR!

even if your burned out on the original BC2 i think the vietnam expansion will be a fresh start. i mean come on who doesnt want to play with a friggin flame thrower? thats seriously the only thing i want to do. and i hope we are allowed to shoot the tanks on peoples backs and make them explode into a ball of flames. that would be bad ass.

but it will never happen so its just wishful thinking.

Agreed. Those guys (hacker dilrods) just piss me off.

even if your burned out on the original BC2 i think the vietnam expansion will be a fresh start. i mean come on who doesnt want to play with a friggin flame thrower? thats seriously the only thing i want to do. and i hope we are allowed to shoot the tanks on peoples backs and make them explode into a ball of flames. that would be bad ass.

NO DOUBT. As soon as I heard about the flame thrower in that, I thought of doing that. I used to love doing that in Soldier of Fortune. Hopefully you get some vehicle damage by doing that as well. :D

Makes me remember that opening scene on Saving Private Ryan on Omaha Beach. :eek:

this is the full map http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65FjrLQd3MU

players are fighting over heli’s now but I think soon it will not be a good idea like now. I played some rounds where I couldn’t fly for one minute :( every time I try I get killed by the anti-air gun, UAV, another heli, lucky tank or tracer shot.
I use the armor (or v alt) upgrade instead of smoke because unlike Isla it's hard to hit a heli with the tracer gun in this map.

Anyone else tried the SPECACT gear yet? I've now got exactly the same number of kills with the SA MG3 as I do the regular one, and the same time played. 21% accuracy with the SA one to 18% with the regular, and it seems to be dropping people like flies at all ranges.

If it turns out to have the same stats as the normal stuff by the denkirson table I'll be pretty surprised. Maybe I was just on a roll or a server with good reg at last, but it seems to outstrip all the other LMGs in every respect.

Anyone else tried the SPECACT gear yet? I've now got exactly the same number of kills with the SA MG3 as I do the regular one, and the same time played. 21% accuracy with the SA one to 18% with the regular, and it seems to be dropping people like flies at all ranges.

If it turns out to have the same stats as the normal stuff by the denkirson table I'll be pretty surprised. Maybe I was just on a roll or a server with good reg at last, but it seems to outstrip all the other LMGs in every respect.

How the hell did you get specact? I've been looking into it for about a week now cause I thought they released it, but I can't figure out where to buy :(

Edit: Nevermind, it helps if you go to eaSTORE.ea.com lol

New maps seems to be cool, but I was under the impression that Oasis was going to be somewhat simliar to the original....not at all.

I like the map, but it should be called something like Ruined City or...you know what I mean.

I've noticed more than ever that being ranked 26 is hindering my performance, every day more 50 ranks come at me...and it's not fun.

:eek:

Heavy Metal is great if you like tanks and helos.

Heavy Metal is as good as, or even better than, I thought it would be. It's huge, everything is super long range. I just got out of a game where I hit the Apache at A from B with the M136, I'm loving that map.

Heavy Metal is as good as, or even better than, I thought it would be. It's huge, everything is super long range. I just got out of a game where I hit the Apache at A from B with the M136, I'm loving that map.

yep its also a good map for practicing your rocket skill's against helicopters. its so open that you have plenty of room to target and because of that its much harder to dodge rockets that are locked onto you.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you've a new family member roaming around, assuming it's dropped yet.

Yeah, it's been hectic since our second boy was born. I managed to finish off DA : O and Mass Effect 2 during my paternity leave though. Since I've been back at work I've played absolutely diddly squat. I do miss gaming - it's a great release from the pressures of everyday life

Took me 387 hours to get to 50, I must be a shit player at best !

Anyone notice that on Heavy Metal, if you spot people on the right-side mountain (if you're US) that they look like they're sitting on air above the actual terrain? And I can't hit them. >_<

Anyone notice that on Heavy Metal, if you spot people on the right-side mountain (if you're US) that they look like they're sitting on air above the actual terrain? And I can't hit them. >_<

Yeah it's because of the way the game's LOD works on the terrain I think. Same thing happens on Arica Harbor with that hill overlooking the town on Rush. If snipers sit on that hill, you can "see" them from the bottom of the hill at the next few Mcom stations, but you can't shoot them because they're actually behind the hill.

Yeah it's because of the way the game's LOD works on the terrain I think. Same thing happens on Arica Harbor with that hill overlooking the town on Rush. If snipers sit on that hill, you can "see" them from the bottom of the hill at the next few Mcom stations, but you can't shoot them because they're actually behind the hill.
Ah, good to know. Its funny though, I can still call assists and stuff. ^_^

Ah, good to know. Its funny though, I can still call assists and stuff. ^_^

Yeah the first time I noticed it I was asking the guy "Dude, what are you standing on? It looks like you're floating above the hill." And he was asking me "How can you see me? I'm completely behind the hill!" lol

I do not care how good you are. Anyone dies in that situation at least a few times.

Mainly, just being at the right place at the right time can often save your ass. Still, score does not mean that the person cheats. It can be part of the formula, yes that is understood. However, score is not always indicative, especially when people do not care about their ticket cost or lives. Sometime players give free kills or at least easy kills.

Seriously, this mentality needs to change. Not just the accuser but the player that just does not care about the team ticket cost nor handles the role properly too.

If people think like this it would be more advantageous:
Bob Hodges: [to his new partner] There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".

(Edit) The context of this is how the new and young officer just wants to take out one of the gang members for a drug deal. The older and more seasoned explains how to really do it and get more of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbUxePfsoWE

Last edited by a moderator:
Still, score does not mean that the person cheats. It can be part of the formula, yes that is understood. However, score is not always indicative, especially when people do not care about their ticket cost or lives.
Playing medic can get you about 2k -2.5k score without even firing a shot.

Playing medic can get you about 2k -2.5k score without even firing a shot.

He is talking about kills to deaths score (KDR), not points. I know what you say I had one kill, zero deaths, and 9654 points in the game before end of game just playing medic. I never can can get that high with any other class. Can get to 6k (before end of game), but that is really working hard.

I played the new maps for about 2 hours last night and honestly, they make me want to play even less. Several things come to mind:

The ticket count is low (however I'm not sure if it's server specific) 75 tickets in Rush is a joke. The maps favor defenders heavily and unless the defenders are total idiots, it's near impossible to arm the objectives.

Some of the maps being more open would seem better until you have to try hoofing it with several snipers taking pot shots at you. That or several tanks camping spots laying waste to anything moving.

The Rush map with the attack helo on it (for attackers) is so damn open it's near impossible to land a tracer dart on them and with the decreased smoke deploy reload time good luck getting a lock on if you do. And don't bother replying 'use the AT4 or snipe them' because if the pilot is smart enough to use smoke perk, he's smart enough to fly better than that. I left several of the servers so disgusted at the airwhoring going on that I nearly uninstalled the game then and there.

It was only until I went into a server with Arica Harbor on it that I found it tolerable. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for the new content.

I used to play engie all the time, focusing on destroying vehicles almost exclusively. but i think im fast approaching my previous score with recon/assault. I dont know which class i like to play more of now lol. As assault i do fairly well and i end up planting on mcoms almost every game it seems, and as recon i destroy from the frontline with the T88 (my new fav gun) and SVU/VSS. Playing close up as recon is the way to go, SO many assists off the motion testicles, and normally i end up with 6+ KDR every round. I find myself questioning why anyone uses the bolt action rifles any more.

And don't bother replying 'use the AT4 or snipe them' because if the pilot is smart enough to use smoke perk, he's smart enough to fly better than that. I left several of the servers so disgusted at the airwhoring going on that I nearly uninstalled the game then and there.

Maybe you just need more practice with the AT4? Yes, some pilots can be VERY difficult to hit, but I've never come across one I'd describe as "impossible". Just because a pilot is smart enough to use smoke doesn't mean he can fly well enough to avoid my AT4 forever. Hell one of the reasons I started using the AT4 in the first place was because all of a sudden they nerfed the tracer dart AND gave heli pilots a countermeasure so it was like 'why bother?' and I get TONS more helicopter hits with the AT4 now because I don't bother with tracers anymore.

Ok, I LOVE Cold War. May be my new favorite map. Just constant battles every second. Shit blowing up everywhere, smoke, trucks, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria!

That being said. The other maps need some work. "Harvest Day" just has a horrible design. I am not a fan of spaces being that large with no cover for the attackers. Even the flanks are pretty wide open. Myself playing Assault, and some guy playing engy, covered the hills duo, even against tanks. There was one moment where 2 squads tried to rush that side with armor and the buggy. Tracered the buggy, just widdled down the tank, AN94 did the rest. 2 guys should not be able to hold against 2 squads with armor. Not a single person got thru on that side the whole match. None even got close to the objectives all night in any games I played.

Couple that with defense getting tanks also? Seems kind of overkill. If defense gets armor, there needs to be protection from that armor, or a way to circumvent it.

If this was 32 vs 32 then it would be fine. Thru sheer attrition you will be on your heels playing defense. But 16 vs 16, you can pretty much account for everyone.

They need to place a couple hills, larges crater holes, in that stretch from attack spawn to defensible positions. Just shorten that distance somehow, or give a breather to the attackers for repairs and such.

Oasis is just...dumb. That is not a good map for an attack helicopter. Have a good pilot? You win! They need to narrow down the fighting field. We had a pilot that was so good, people were just quitting on defense. The defense could not touch the guy. If they darted him, so what? He smoked, and banked. AA gun was pretty useless also. Map is just again, too wide open. Fantastic for 64 but not 32.

I didn't play the other map.

That being said! No one has mentioned the Special Kits are now out for 5 bucks or so!! No more red hat on medic? Anyone snag it yet?

Wow, so many bitches in this thread. All you people do is fucking whine.

Waaaaaaa, the maps are too small.

What does DICE do? They release 4 large, open maps closer to what Battlefield maps used to be like.

The result?

Waaaaaaa, the maps are too big.

If you don't like it then don't play the game or go back to playing vanilla you fucking babies.

What does DICE do? They release 4 large, open maps closer to what Battlefield maps used to be like.

The result?

If you don't like it then don't play the game or go back to playing vanilla you fucking babies.

You made my day. :D I love the new maps, gives me a chance to learn to run jeeps into other things that aren't houses. :p

The result?

Sorry the open maps blow. And I can't help it if a server I like to play on (MTTK) has them on in the rotation.

Back