Bad Company 2

Yeah it's pretty funny sometimes. I was in a game and a guy was 40/5 everyone started calling hacks on him, tried to get an admin in the game etc.

Score does not mean that the person cheats. Look for the mechanism and the damage output. I am the very person that can go 47-0 (have done on many accusations) on a game and be accused by the very ignorance that make you die too much. Also, score can vary due to the effort of the team. When one team is lacking the other side will have better scores, obviously. A good player(s) can go really far in score when things are synergistic.

This is the issue with the game. People do not care about the team and waste their life for what, one kill? Why not take down at least 5 before you go down instead of wasting a third of the tickets that the game gives us? Cover the flanks and provide the role support that you are. I see too many eng's that do not repair, too medics that do not drop the med packs, too many assaults that do not drop ammo-especially when called out to, and snipers that shoot while completely open to all attacks not using any real cover. The game is very simple and a little tactics can get you far. You are doing a disservice to the team, and it is actually very disrespectful IMO. But not many will think of this, and the actions show when someone is 35-42-not very effective.

So, people that play like me, really want to play the game. But instead we have people that would accuse us of cheating because they cannot grasp how we survive major firefights. Because they die all the time. There are cheats, and there are those that are using every tactical advantage you can have in the game.

Yeah. There are good players who are smart and sometimes insanely energetic. They just get in a zone and roll over people.

Hackers are generally staying back and just nailing people from long range. Take a Type 88 sniper who kills 5 people with 5 shots just as fast as he can spam the trigger. In other words, they are lazy. Hence the cheating.

hurry up and upload the video damnit!

Here's a vid of a decent blackhawk run I had on Isla last night, nothing real special just an average 40-3 run, woulda done better, but we were rolling the bases pretty quick since everyone was looking at the sky trying to shoot me down :p

Skip ahead to the halfway mark and watch till the end for better action, I love taking out the enemy attack heli on the last set of bases, makes em so upset lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=h9aPKip-_d8&vq=hd720#t=28

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036493722 said:
Here's a vid of a decent blackhawk run I had on Isla last night, nothing real special just an average 40-3 run, woulda done better, but we were rolling the bases pretty quick since everyone was looking at the sky trying to shoot me down :p

Skip ahead to the halfway mark and watch till the end for better action, I love taking out the enemy attack heli on the last set of bases, makes em so upset lol...

What servers do you play on?

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036493722 said:

oh man that's freakin awesome. I love the choppa. I had NO IDEA you could repair while in the air still. Does an engi just repair from seats 4 or 5?

sweet action man.

oh man that's freakin awesome. I love the choppa. I had NO IDEA you could repair while in the air still. Does an engi just repair from seats 4 or 5?

sweet action man.

Thanks, Yep you can repair while in the air from both seat 4 and 5... takes some practice though to learn the sweet spot of where to hold the repair tool, I aim up and do it. Also it works better when the heli is hovering.

Played on a server yesterday morning (wish I had written down the name) that had the very definition of bad admins. There were 4 admins on at the time, along with 5 level 50 players. All admins were on the same team (which I don't have an issue with). When I first arrived on the server, there were 2 50's on attack with the other 3 on the defending team. Shortly afterwards, I noticed that the admins were 'shuffling' the teams and all 5 50's (plus the admins) happened to get placed on the same team. It only took three 'shuffles' before it ended up this way.

How many people want to be an admin so that you can stack the teams? It clears the servers. I'd much rather have games be evenly matched. Rolling a team sucks just as much to me as getting rolled because the game is so short.

I've never understood why people want to constantly roll the other team.

§·H·ï·Z·N·ï·L·T·ï;1036493849 said:
Thanks, Yep you can repair while in the air from both seat 4 and 5... takes some practice though to learn the sweet spot of where to hold the repair tool, I aim up and do it. Also it works better when the heli is hovering.

If the Heli is moving too fast, the Hitbox isn't in the right spot I think. If it's moving slowly enough it's fairly easy to get.

I think one's map score and the other's round score.

The "most score by" is a measure of your current session(possibly just on that server) . The other night by the end of the night my "most score by" was the knife and I'd gotten 125 tags.

Played on a server yesterday morning (wish I had written down the name) that had the very definition of bad admins. There were 4 admins on at the time, along with 5 level 50 players. All admins were on the same team (which I don't have an issue with). When I first arrived on the server, there were 2 50's on attack with the other 3 on the defending team. Shortly afterwards, I noticed that the admins were 'shuffling' the teams and all 5 50's (plus the admins) happened to get placed on the same team. It only took three 'shuffles' before it ended up this way.

How many people want to be an admin so that you can stack the teams? It clears the servers. I'd much rather have games be evenly matched. Rolling a team sucks just as much to me as getting rolled because the game is so short.

I've never understood why people want to constantly roll the other team.

I know the BAW (Bad ass wankers) server does that all the time. That's why I never play there, nothing but clan members on one team.

New steam update for BC2, looks like they added some Vietnam...

bfbc2game20101130012342.jpg

2.5 gig patch it looks like, I guess the new maps were released, yay. And Vietnam is up for preorder @ $14.99 with a release date of Dec 18, my birthday :D ==

I still can't play on Punkbuster enabled (ie: almost all) servers on my laptop, almost 6 months later after numerous game patches and punkbuster client updates. I experience a hard crash/freeze with a sound loop within anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour into gameplay EVERY TIME I attempt to play on a ranked server. If I play on a non Punkbuster server, the game runs for hours without ever crashing at all. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Punkbuster, but it is completely rubbish! It runs as a background process on your computer all the time, and it doesn't even prevent a lot of hacking! It should be completely removed from Battlefield games.

Incidentally, I also have BF2 installed and I can play on ranked servers just fine in that game without ever crashing. Not sure what's up with BC2, but I bought the game for $50 more than 6 months ago and haven't been able to sit down and play a ranked match once without crashing and having my stats wiped. Very frustrating. Dice/EA offer no support whatsoever. In fact, there is a massive 270 page thread over on the EA forums regarding this issue, which appears to be widespread over a variety of different hardware and platforms. To date it is completely unresolved, with no fix from Punkbuster, Dice, or the community. I have tried everything I could think of, from experimenting with different video/sound/chipset drivers to completely reformatting and installing a fresh copy of the game, multiple times. Nothing works, it crashes every single time.

Sorry to break off topic a little bit, I just needed to vent my frustration with this game. It feels like a complete waste of money to me.

Last edited:
Rude. I've got about 1GB of download quota left for the next two weeks. No BC2 for that entire time after I've been playing about three hours a night since I got it! :(

Amazing skills my ass. :rolleyes: That Blackhawk video was exploit use, through and through. He woulda been shot down multiple times otherwise.

Awesome! I've pre-ordered! I can't wait. I just hope flamethrowers aren't OP.

SO are the new maps playable yet? Or are they still locked?

I've really got to hand it to DICE. I feel they've done a good job supporting the community on this game. even though there's no mod tools, they have still done a pretty good job listening to the communities complaints and trying to fix them. They havent been perfect, but at least they're doing something, which is more than can be said for most devs out there.

I still can't play on Punkbuster enabled (ie: almost all) servers on my laptop, almost 6 months later after numerous game patches and punkbuster client updates. I experience a hard crash/freeze with a sound loop within anywhere from 5 minutes to 1 hour into gameplay EVERY TIME I attempt to play on a ranked server. If I play on a non Punkbuster server, the game runs for hours without ever crashing at all. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Punkbuster, but it is completely rubbish! It runs as a background process on your computer all the time, and it doesn't even prevent a lot of hacking! It should be completely removed from Battlefield games.

Incidentally, I also have BF2 installed and I can play on ranked servers just fine in that game without ever crashing. Not sure what's up with BC2, but I bought the game for $50 more than 6 months ago and haven't been able to sit down and play a ranked match once without crashing and having my stats wiped. Very frustrating. Dice/EA offer no support whatsoever. In fact, there is a massive 270 page thread over on the EA forums regarding this issue, which appears to be widespread over a variety of different hardware and platforms. To date it is completely unresolved, with no fix from Punkbuster, Dice, or the community. I have tried everything I could think of, from experimenting with different video/sound/chipset drivers to completely reformatting and installing a fresh copy of the game, multiple times. Nothing works, it crashes every single time.

Sorry to break off topic a little bit, I just needed to vent my frustration with this game. It feels like a complete waste of money to me.

I don't know what might be causing it but I had a similar issue with PB in BF2. My old motherboard was apparently causing PB to object and kick me from or crash out of any server I joined. I emailed EvenBalance support and they looked into it, and a BIOS flash later I was gaming happily.

No idea why it happened, but that might be an avenue worth exploring if you haven't.

That's said assuming you've done the usual driver updating/clock speeds to stock/manually updating PB stuff already.

Last edited:
lol anyone notice 3/4 of the patch is the vietnam expansion pack? so basically you pay 15 bucks to unlock whats already on your computer.

red dot on m14 and g3.

glorious.

you seriously they added the red dot for the m14? holy shit. i know what gun im using now. red dot on the G3's useless since the G3 has by far one of the best iron sites in the game.

lol anyone notice 3/4 of the patch is the vietnam expansion pack? so basically you pay 15 bucks to unlock whats already on your computer.

you seriously they added the red dot for the m14? holy shit. i know what gun im using now. red dot on the G3's useless since the G3 has by far one of the best iron sites in the game.

seriously, the g3 is so incredibly accurate. 90% of the time i dont see who im shooting at across the map, i just point at the red triangle, every shot is a hit.

but the only thing holding me back from really using the m14 was its iron sights, takes up too much space. but now... hell fucking yes. I still love the m1 garand though. theres something about the sound of the empty clip pinging out that is sooooo satisfying. plus the accuracy, and damage. love it.

seriously, the g3 is so incredibly accurate. 90% of the time i dont see who im shooting at across the map, i just point at the red triangle, every shot is a hit.

but the only thing holding me back from really using the m14 was its iron sights, takes up too much space. but now... hell fucking yes. I still love the m1 garand though. theres something about the sound of the empty clip pinging out that is sooooo satisfying. plus the accuracy, and damage. love it.

agree i love the sound of the M1 grand. my grandfather has one. they did a good job with it in game because it sounds exactly like the real one.

pretty much the only weapons i use right now are the m95, G3 and M9-3 pistol. once i get them to platinum ill have to find some other guns to use.

I know the BAW (Bad ass wankers) server does that all the time. That's why I never play there, nothing but clan members on one team.

I have no problem with placing an entire clan on one team. But the situation I'm speaking of wasn't that simple. There were a handful of admins (obviously from one clan), and then there were a number of high level (5 50's and a level 49) from various clans (some with no clan tags at all).

When the admins claim to be 'shuffling' teams (implying that they are randomly placing people on each team), and it just so happens that ALL admins and ALL high level (and high scoring) people end up on one team, that's when I call BS.

If you're going to stack teams, at least have the decency to inform people so they can leave quickly (which is what I did). No point in getting my ass rolled because the admins are a bunch of punk kids who need a stacked team in order to win.

Amazing skills my ass. :rolleyes: That Blackhawk video was exploit use, through and through. He woulda been shot down multiple times otherwise.

Huh?

Watch the vid again. We WERE hit several times....armor/smoke perks FTW.

Had some even better runs last night....wish you were there.

I can't wait for the Vietnam mod! Huey runs to "Flight of the Valkyries"

OMG OMG they fixed the hit reg on the G3. holy shit the guns bad ass now. just went 28-8 with it!

yeah thats right i threw in a little southern california rich kid into that.. even though im not from socal. :D

Last edited:
lol this is great. Tried updating overnight since it was a bigger download, woke up this morning and it says there was an error writing to the file. Try updating again and the same thing.

lol this is great. Tried updating overnight since it was a bigger download, woke up this morning and it says there was an error writing to the file. Try updating again and the same thing.

hmm mine updated fine. are you using the steam version? if so use steam to check the files.

i had the same probably a while back when my connection kept dropping out.. pos comcast.

Nope, I bought a retail copy. Tried it a third time for the hell of it and it decided it would work this time lol... Go figure :p

This update is supposed to be the vietnam "Expansion" update, I believe it goes live tomorrow if you plan to purchase it?

Back