Bad Company 2

I just did a test with the explosive perk on a tank with each launcher.

About 60m away per hit:
RPG - 43pts
CG - 28pts
AT - 36pts

It took the RPG and AT three shots to kill the tank while the CG took four.
I already Plat the CG long ago so I will switch over to RPG just to blow up vehicles.
The irony is that the CG is better for Heli kills and infantry. The RPG is great for all vehicle kills.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

No need for testing :)

CG has larger splash damage and is a 1 shot kill for infantry w/o body armor (which is why I run body armor).

Heli will go down in 1 shot with either the CG or the RPG, it's just infinitely easier to hit a heli w/o a tracer with the CG.

I have ~1300 kills with the RPG. It's best used with tracers against tanks/heli's though it does kill everything. It's a bit harder to use than the CG, but not much different. Much harder to hit things that are far away.

There's a lot of cheating in Rush today, aimbots galore. The funny part is that it's frowned upon to say someone is cheating when people are clearly doing it.
Snipers firing random shots getting marksman kills and medics sweeping the map. Going 42-0 as a medic or 35-0 sniping from across the map helps prove my point also.
A good game is slowly going bad. Time for a new shooter.

rofl, I've gone far beyond those scores and have never cheated in my life.

Don't use score as a gauge. Well, maybe at 1st, but then you really need to see the person play to be able to tell.

There's are far, far, far, far, far more hackusations than actual cheaters.

Don't use score as a gauge. Well, maybe at 1st, but then you really need to see the person play to be able to tell.

Maybe in a dinky 5v5 scrim or something with a fail team but not in the 32 man pubs as anything but a sniper recon type sitting in the back of the map and or glitching. The people I'm complaining about are assault class hackers running around capturing points and blowing Mcomms. The other team would have to be incapable of hitting mouse1 to get a score like that. I ace and squad ace regularly and the most I can get in a rush map is 5/1 average.

You can have something like six. I bagsied all the names I want to use already, and used some of them for drunk play because I was gay over my stats. Stopped that nonsense now though, and just get wrecked and log in to my main.

Glad to see im not the only peson who drinks and plays this game. While I dont get plastered i like to catch a small buz, calms me down and actually improves aiming. I've gotten some of my best scrores/kdrs/wins while drinking.

CG at infantry

DONT do this.

Again i stress that I believe anything you can actually do is LEGAL in a game there are just some things that are still GAY. This being one of them, as many people around here would agree to.

DONT do this.

Again i stress that I believe anything you can actually do is LEGAL in a game there are just some things that are still GAY. This being one of them, as many people around here would agree to.

Except that it really doesn't matter what someone else thinks. All that matters is what the server rules are. CG at infantry is legit, don't like it don't play the game or don't play on that server. Simple as that.

The CG is by far the best way to clear some buildings short of using a tank/heli.

DONT do this.

As much as I hate CGing you can't stop it. It's up to the player to have enough self-respect for themselves to not use it. Either way I agree and play with some dignity...I know that doesn't mean much these days, but it used to.

As much as I hate CGing you can't stop it. It's up to the player to have enough self-respect for themselves to not use it. Either way I agree and play with some dignity...I know that doesn't mean much these days, but it used to.

Not quite. I've seen several servers remove it as an option. It's gay, but so is the 40mm grenade, and the MG36 sniper, the infinite medic respawn, The AK-74 sniping (gotten quite good at it sadly), the C4 everything, Camping Wookies, etc etc. I think you can pretty say Battlefield Bad Company 2 is GAY.

Maybe in a dinky 5v5 scrim or something with a fail team but not in the 32 man pubs as anything but a sniper recon type sitting in the back of the map and or glitching. The people I'm complaining about are assault class hackers running around capturing points and blowing Mcomms. The other team would have to be incapable of hitting mouse1 to get a score like that. I ace and squad ace regularly and the most I can get in a rush map is 5/1 average.

I assume this is you?

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/piscian18

All I play is 32 man pubs. Granted I don't get those kinda scores *that* often, but when I was busy platting the medic guns and playing on Valparaiso or Laguna Presa, I would go 45/50 - 1 on plenty of occasions and quite frankly I'm not even that good. I've ended with 50-90 and 1-10 a bunch of times. Hackusations the whole time of course.

Soft mode + spotting and those 2 maps show how OP medic guns are in the good hands.

Granted I'll agree that going assault and actually planting and making that kind of score is a bit suspicious, so I'll agree there.

I assume this is you?

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/piscian18

All I play is 32 man pubs. Granted I don't get those kinda scores *that* often, but when I was busy platting the medic guns and playing on Valparaiso or Laguna Presa, I would go 45/50 - 1 on plenty of occasions and quite frankly I'm not even that good. I've ended with 50-90 and 1-10 a bunch of times. Hackusations the whole time of course.

Soft mode + spotting and those 2 maps show how OP medic guns are in the good hands.

Granted I'll agree that going assault and actually planting and making that kind of score is a bit suspicious, so I'll agree there.

That's what I'm getting at. Unless you're playing defensively, through experience I've never witness someone be actually up in the action and keep a avg like that. You just get blown up too often at random. Half the time I get killed some one is wildly spraying at someone else and I get killed. I can't even imagine playing with FF on.

Soft mode + spotting?

http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/overlord20

there are my stats :D

I am usually the one planting.. My clan mates call me a sneaky little bitch. Its easy to stay positive and plant, you just have to take your time.

Meh, I don't care about my KDR or awards and what not. I play like an Ewok on a speeder bike. All I care about is winning the game and having the most fun doing it.

I've seen several instances lately of entire teams sneaking around the houses and buildings in white pass and Africa. Hiding in attics and what not. While I have nothing against the strategy itself they'll stay in there the entire game and the team will lose. Even if I'm on the opposing team and were winning I find it disappointing to play against a team that is just a nuisance and not a challenge. I tend to ride a fiery horse through the center of any map blasting away at everything unless stealth is somehow required.

Last edited:
Meh, I don't care about my KDR or awards and what not. I play like an Ewok on a speeder bike. All I care about is winning the game and having the most fun doing it.

I've seen several instances lately of entire teams sneaking around the houses and buildings in white pass and Africa. Hiding in attics and what not. While I have nothing against the strategy itself they'll stay in there the entire game and the team will lose. Even if I'm on the opposing team and were winning I find it disappointing to play against a team that is just a nuisance and not a challenge. I tend to ride a fiery horse through the center of any map blasting away at everything unless stealth is somehow required.

Yeah.. My main goal is for the team to win. I also don't like when one team is soo much better then the other. I would much prefer a really really close game.

Yeah.. My main goal is for the team to win. I also don't like when one team is soo much better then the other. I would much prefer a really really close game.

seems to be the dream these days. I see teams not even trying 3 times as often as not which is unreasonable I think. I've seen wins pulled out of games as low as 50-150 on tickets. All it takes is a little team effort to come back from a near loss.

When I play on a highly unbalaced server, regardless of what team I'm on, the stream rolling team or the team getting steam rolled, I do shitty.

When I play against a shitty team i usually let my guard down more than normal and tend to die. Or if I play against a team of all recons (and i NEVER go recon) there isnt much todo except run around and get sniped

When its reversed and I'm on the shitty team its hard to win say 10 people are attacking rather than 16 of course you're not going to do as well.

Meh, I don't care about my KDR.

KDR more often than not is misleading.

There is such a huge amount of things that can contribute to a high KDR other than skill.

These are all things I tend not to do which is why my overall KDR hangs just around 1 at the moment. Considering I started out with around a .4 KRD from never playing a BF game before I think I'm doing pretty damn good now considering....

Repairing tanks is a good way.... and so is blowing them up! Try to find a game of Rush on a map where tanks are used a lot and repair away when the grenade spamming begins! Of course, stay on the side of the tank that is taking the least fire and watch for enemies. If friendly fire is on, you can become roadkill, so watch for that. Blasting tanks will get you both vehicle damage and kills, so it is a good way to go.

If you are new to the game, I suggest you start with a Medic (it is easier to level up), then after you have leveled and got some "goodies", go on to the other classes.

I know that some people with think I am full of shit (maybe I am....), but I swear that I get different results depending what server I am on (and I don't mean HC vs "normal"). Sometimes I will unload on a guy and see no hits register (and I'll be aiming dead-on).... over and over on a certain server. Then I will go somewhere else and everything will be fine and killing is no problem. Ping seems to play a big part in hit detection in the game.... it is sometimes really weird to me.

On some servers running with 870+mag+slugs I can be standing right next to a a guy and my shot misses - while I am aiming at the center of his back! Other servers I can't seem to miss - it is something to do with the hitboxes and netcode. No idea what but I am sure it is some combination of those with your ping. Which I still cant fricken see in Windows 7.

On some servers running with 870+mag+slugs I can be standing right next to a a guy and my shot misses - while I am aiming at the center of his back! Other servers I can't seem to miss - it is something to do with the hitboxes and netcode. No idea what but I am sure it is some combination of those with your ping. Which I still cant fricken see in Windows 7.

You can't see your ping w/ win7?

Man, that is exactly what I see. I said this before in this thread....

I know that some people with think I am full of shit (maybe I am....), but I swear that I get different results depending what server I am on (and I don't mean HC vs "normal"). Sometimes I will unload on a guy and see no hits register (and I'll be aiming dead-on).... over and over on a certain server. Then I will go somewhere else and everything will be fine and killing is no problem. Ping seems to play a big part in hit detection in the game.... it is sometimes really weird to me.

Sometimes I swear the guy should have been dead 3 times because of all the lead he "should have" eaten, then he turns around and nails me! I have never experienced anything like it in any other online shooter. Still love the game, but damn.....

Man, that is exactly what I see. I said this before in this thread....

Sometimes I swear the guy should have been dead 3 times because of all the lead he "should have" eaten, then he turns around and nails me! I have never experienced anything like it in any other online shooter. Still love the game, but damn.....

Been getting this all the time. I use a trackball and have always had amazing aim and got into the nasty habit of bursting from all my CS time. Yet here I can sit there bursting over and over and over, seeing the X each time, until I run out of ammo on the AEK. Then as I'm adding more with my pistol he turns around and just sprays his LMG/SMG and kills me in 2 shots. That's when i get effing pissed and ragequit if it happens a couple times. If I die cuz I rush without paying attention, thats my fault. When i clearly have the jump on this guy and hit him 6+ times with mag ammo and an assault rifle and lose? That's just bullshit.

Interesting, is this a known problem - I've always seen pings in my server browser and ingame in win7 without a problem.

It's started happening for me too with the most recent patch, the one that fixed the knife. I can't find a good non-laggy server any more which really makes it all the harder to enjoy myself. A shitty team can still be ok to play with with a decent ping, but when 90% of the servers I join also have people teleporting around the map I just give up.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

No need for testing :)

CG has larger splash damage and is a 1 shot kill for infantry w/o body armor (which is why I run body armor).

Heli will go down in 1 shot with either the CG or the RPG, it's just infinitely easier to hit a heli w/o a tracer with the CG.

I have ~1300 kills with the RPG. It's best used with tracers against tanks/heli's though it does kill everything. It's a bit harder to use than the CG, but not much different. Much harder to hit things that are far away.

The self test was strictly done on the M1 Tank, infantry doesn't have a chance.
I'm done spam shooting at infantry with the CG, I rarely use it for that now.

I use killcam and watching the same player shooting randomly into the map.
I never played with a single player that got 20-0+ on a map I played on.
They died by my hands at some point. I seek out those type of campers/vehicle whores when they start to dominate by checking the score.

I use killcam and watching the same player shooting randomly into the map.
I never played with a single player that got 20-0+ on a map I played on.
They died by my hands at some point. I seek out those type of campers/vehicle whores when they start to dominate by checking the score.

Kinda my take on it. If I get shot/stabbed from behind more than a couple times by the same person whos hiding in some glitch corner camping I say screw winning or losing I spend the rest of the match irritating them until they leave. I hate squatters.

Last night we popped into a server that stated ALL KILLING ALLOWED in the rules.

I should have know that was a mistake. From the moment I got in till the moment I left all I heard was explosions EVERYWHERE. Mortars, hand grenands, 40mm Grenades, missiles. It was constant, and that is no exaggeration.

Last night we popped into a server that stated ALL KILLING ALLOWED in the rules.

I should have know that was a mistake. From the moment I got in till the moment I left all I heard was explosions EVERYWHERE. Mortars, hand grenands, 40mm Grenades, missiles. It was constant, and that is no exaggeration.
Sounds like a fun server. :D

Attack and defend by any means possible. That is how the game is meant to be played. Even the game says so...destroy MCOM's by any means.

We all have access to the same weapons it IS a level playing field. I just don't get why so many complain about the weapons available. I think the problem is that they don't adapt and get pwned that is the gripe here.

Is there a way to configure the respawn tickets server side? I prefer to play Rush on small servers with 6-10 people, however, in a game that small, with 99 respawn tickets, the attackers almost always win. I may consider renting a small server if I could adjust that and create a better balance.

I've seen some servers that adjust the respawn time to be shorter and that definitely helps on the defense side, but less tickets would be better.

I guess the reason I'm saying all this is because I agree, destroy the mcomms by any means... but not in a 6 man server with a tank where the attackers already have a huge advantage and are almost guaranteed to win.

Attack and defend by any means possible. That is how the game is meant to be played. Even the game says so...destroy MCOM's by any means.

We all have access to the same weapons it IS a level playing field. I just don't get why so many complain about the weapons available. I think the problem is that they don't adapt and get pwned that is the gripe here.

If you read any of my previous posts you'd know I agree with anything that you can actually do ina game is legal. So I'm by no means griping.

that type of play I just find annoying and prefer not to play.

I always find it funny that in a rush map I see people bitching about the attackers spawn camping...when the object is in the defenders base. So like we shouldn't attack because it's rude? wtflol.

I always find it funny that in a rush map I see people bitching about the attackers spawn camping...when the object is in the defenders base. So like we shouldn't attack because it's rude? wtflol.

They're probably referring to the attackers sitting in their own spawn and popping off RPGs/mortars at the defenders without making any effort to attack. My interpreation of spawn-camping is the same as yours, with someone camping/raping the enemy spawn, but other people seem confused as to the use of the term.

There is no such thing as base rape in Rush. /opinion.
I agree for the most part.

By definition, only the defenders spawn camp/base rape in Rush. When attackers do it, they are simply trying to either clear out enemies as they or their teammates try to reach the mcom, they are acting as a distraction so their teammates can take the mcom, or they are acting as a forward spawn point for their squadmates so they can take the mcom.

Defenders can spawn/base rape, but almost every time I have seen it it has been completely justified by the attacker's unwillingness to push forward in large numbers. The developers provided several ways to get out of those bases quickly using vehicles, or by sneaking on foot with plenty of cover. There should be zero excuse to allow an enemy to spawn camp when you are an attacker.

I agree for the most part.

By definition, only the defenders spawn camp/base rape in Rush. When attackers do it, they are simply trying to either clear out enemies as they or their teammates try to reach the mcom, they are acting as a distraction so their teammates can take the mcom, or they are acting as a forward spawn point for their squadmates so they can take the mcom.

Defenders can spawn/base rape, but almost every time I have seen it it has been completely justified by the attacker's unwillingness to push forward in large numbers. The developers provided several ways to get out of those bases quickly using vehicles, or by sneaking on foot with plenty of cover. There should be zero excuse to allow an enemy to spawn camp when you are an attacker.

"The hand which strikes, also blocks." - Wing Chun Kung Fu maxim

Well between the crappy hitboxes, the rubber knife, and the terrible netcode, I think it's time to stop playing. Made it to rank 45, but this game just ends up pissing me off every time. Every time I go play it's just bullshit deaths over and over. Constantly putting 6-8 burst assault rifle shots into a guy only to have him 2 shot me with the mp-443. Or missing 2 knifes against an enemy who hasnt moved, only to suddenly have his knife suddenly kill me while I'm facing his back. There are very few times where I die from being a dumbass or someone getting the jump on me. So I dont really see the point, it just isnt fun anymore. Guess it's time to go back to CS:S or TF2 until a decent FPS comes out.

I'm waiting for Fallout New Vegas but I reinstalled and been playing a bit while waiting. I looked at my stats with what has become my favorite weapon - and based on my BFBC2 stats page most used weapon. The 870 Combat Shotgun with Magnum ammo and Slugs.

870 Combat Time: 62h 34m 22s Kills: 2,781 Headshots: 478 Shots Fired: 32,772 Shots Hit: 8,082 Accuracy: 24.66 %

My next highest accuracy with a weapon having over 1,000 kills is the PP-Automat

PP-2000 Avtomat Time: 26h 52m 21s Kills: 1,000 Headshots: 270 Shots Fired: 93,963 Shots Hit: 15,090 Accuracy: 16.06 %

In fact my second highest accuracty at any kill rate isthe Gol Sniper Magnum at 26.69% accuracy. Wow - just wow. The 870 is a BEAST.

Well between the crappy hitboxes, the rubber knife, and the terrible netcode, I think it's time to stop playing. Made it to rank 45, but this game just ends up pissing me off every time. Every time I go play it's just bullshit deaths over and over. Constantly putting 6-8 burst assault rifle shots into a guy only to have him 2 shot me with the mp-443. Or missing 2 knifes against an enemy who hasnt moved, only to suddenly have his knife suddenly kill me while I'm facing his back. There are very few times where I die from being a dumbass or someone getting the jump on me. So I dont really see the point, it just isnt fun anymore. Guess it's time to go back to CS:S or TF2 until a decent FPS comes out.

I wouldn't mind it happening every once in a while but even if I get really lucky and connect to a decent server with a good connection I still find myself getting knifed by people my own failed on seconds before. No objection to dying because I'm the worse player, but getting killed because the game was busy staring at its navel for a moment is pants.

Fan of the Garand now. Used to think it was crap but took it to gold in two maps. Feels like a slug shotgun with the benefit of a higher rate of fire and larger capacity.

Back