AWMANN - member on [H]ardforum ---- stay away

SuperSaiyan

Limp Gawd
Bought a Crucial M4 SATA III SSD from this guy ... no product, no return emails, had to go thru amazon to get my money back.

Beware of this guy!

SPECIAL THANKS TO A15G for directing me here to warn fellow members!

i saw that post and almost tried to buy it from him but saw the Staples thing instead for cheaper, good thing. hope you all get your money and he gets his comeuppance

Not sure what happened to awmann, but I sold my 16GB SSD to him. He paid with amazon payments and the payment cleared after 5-7 business days (bank transfer). He had great communication up until his last activity. Never heard back from him after the package was delivered. No charge backs as well, maybe something happened?

Not sure what happened to awmann, but I sold my 16GB SSD to him. He paid with amazon payments and the payment cleared after 5-7 business days (bank transfer). He had great communication up until his last activity. Never heard back from him after the package was delivered. No charge backs as well, maybe something happened?

I entertain that thought as well, but after a week of waiting which IMO is fair, its time to get your money back and then see what explanation is, if ever. Hope the guy is alright.

Well,amazon is balking at giving me my moneyback.... their explanation:

Greetings from Amazon Payments,

Thank you for contacting Amazon Payments.

We received a dispute inquiry for completed transaction id 16QLU828P5PQVV41CDE1LV2T1GOP7JI6FI4 on your Amazon Payments account. Our records indicate that the dispute was filed for Amazon Mobile payment transaction.

The buyer dispute program does not cover Amazon Mobile Payments transactions.

You should report this charge to your financial institution. The financial institution, in turn, will send you forms to formally dispute the unauthorized charges and your account should be subsequently credited.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

WTF!!!! I'm soooooo freakin pissed right now....this is bullsh!t !!! I do NOT have such an account. I have a regular old amazonpayments account. Beware, if you use amazonpayments, you may not be able to get your money back from them if a transaction goes south!

I entertain that thought as well, but after a week of waiting which IMO is fair, its time to get your money back and then see what explanation is, if ever. Hope the guy is alright.

Without a doubt, I agree.

Well,amazon is balking at giving me my moneyback.... their explanation:

Greetings from Amazon Payments,

Thank you for contacting Amazon Payments.

We received a dispute inquiry for completed transaction id 16QLU828P5PQVV41CDE1LV2T1GOP7JI6FI4 on your Amazon Payments account. Our records indicate that the dispute was filed for Amazon Mobile payment transaction.

The buyer dispute program does not cover Amazon Mobile Payments transactions.

You should report this charge to your financial institution. The financial institution, in turn, will send you forms to formally dispute the unauthorized charges and your account should be subsequently credited.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

WTF!!!! I'm soooooo freakin pissed right now....this is bullsh!t !!! I do NOT have such an account. I have a regular old amazonpayments account. Beware, if you use amazonpayments, you may not be able to get your money back from them if a transaction goes south!

I'd try contacting amazon first to see what is up. Did you by chance use your phone to send the money? Could be why it is considered a mobile payment? I honestly do not have a proper answer, but if you did use amazon payments normally, it may be a mistake on amazon's side. I'd give them a ring.

No, I didn't use a phone to make my payment. The don't even have a definition for this mobile payment BS. I see this as their copout to not adhere to their A to Z guarantee!

No, I didn't use a phone to make my payment. The don't even have a definition for this mobile payment BS. I see this as their copout to not adhere to their A to Z guarantee!

It is BS. However, I would still give them a call. Could just be a mistake on their end.

So... what happened??? Why start this thread if you arent going to let us all know what happened???

Sorry, my bad.

He finally contacted me and told me he was sorry and he would refund my money...so far I've only gotten $50. He said he was stuck in Mexico??? Maybe he was deported.....who knows!

i was his first heatware deal, i had no problems at all...had hoped other deals went as good

Sorry, my bad.

He finally contacted me and told me he was sorry and he would refund my money...so far I've only gotten $50. He said he was stuck in Mexico??? Maybe he was deported.....who knows!

Please update and let us know if you get the remainder of your refund.

Back