att new $45 a month plan no contract

Bman123

Supreme [H]ardness
Just saw the commercial unlimited talk and text and 300mb of data no contract for $45 a month. Didn't they stop selling straight talk Sim cards a while ago and now they drop this plan. Pretty good idea for them, bad for the consumer at least you got more data with ST but you had restrictions on the usage.

What do you guys think about this

Straight Talk still sells AT&T sims. the shortage was due to contract negotiations to allow LTE support not because of laws or kill competition like blogs and forums liked to speculate.

AT&T's new plans are to compete better with T-Mobile than anyone else.

I thought they quit selling the sims, I haven't used straight talk in over a year

ill take my t-mobile unlimited text and data plus 100min talk for $30 over this plan. save a third plus i can stream video and pandora etc. good to see att is learning that their contract plans dont fit everyone, now if they could just see how exhorbitant their prices are...

I think this is a good deal for people who don't use much data considering they can get it in the store. I know a lot of people who will jump on this deal and bring their own phone

For anyone who talks a lot that t mobile $30 plan isn't even a consideration. I used it before and constantly kept going over the 100 minutes and it doesn't take long to rack up $15 in minutes at the price they go for on that plan

ill take my t-mobile unlimited text and data plus 100min talk for $30 over this plan. save a third plus i can stream video and pandora etc. good to see att is learning that their contract plans dont fit everyone, now if they could just see how exhorbitant their prices are...

The coverage differences alone makes up for it. That plan is for those who don't move around a lot out use their phone as a data device and have virtually no use for talk. In one week even I would break that 100m and I hate talking on the phone.

ATT new pre paid plans are doing very well. Cheap enough and you get great coverage.

The coverage differences alone makes up for it. That plan is for those who don't move around a lot out use their phone as a data device and have virtually no use for talk. In one week even I would break that 100m and I hate talking on the phone.

ATT new pre paid plans are doing very well. Cheap enough and you get great coverage.

yep, aka me. :) like i said, im really glad theyre doing this. ive always hated att because of their one-size-fits-all mentality so more options are definitely a step in the right direction. the tmo plan works great for me but i know it doesnt for a lot of people.

My friends have had good experience with Straight Talk on its att network. I would much rather get ST over at&t if I were ever thinking about the prepaid plans. 300MB data is a joke on a smartphone.....although I'm not sure how my sister manages that on her line in our family plan.

I pay $25 a month on t mobile with unlimited text and calling with 500mb of data but I never come close to using all my data. We have 4 people on our plan and i brought my own phone too. I literally only use WiFi, When I'm not home I'm at work on a forklift tho.

Which plan is that? Is that unlimited 4G/LTE data with no throttling? I am currently on the tmobile value plan but it's $80 for unlimited talk/text/data no throttling 4G/LTE. I hardly use any minutes (50/month at most) so this could be good for me.

Which plan is that? Is that unlimited 4G/LTE data with no throttling? I am currently on the tmobile value plan but it's $80 for unlimited talk/text/data no throttling 4G/LTE. I hardly use any minutes (50/month at most) so this could be good for me.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

Scroll down and you'll see:

$30 per month--Unlimited web and text

100 minutes talk | Unlimited text | First 5 GB at up to 4G speeds
This plan is only available for devices purchased from
Wal-Mart or devices activated on T-Mobile.com

It says only available for 'devices' purchased from Walmart or 'devices' activated on T-Mobile.com, but that extends to T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards purchased from their website. Buy a prepaid SIM, pick your plan and port your number, and bam... you're good to go.

4G (I'm pretty sure it's LTE included, but it could be just HSPA+) speeds until you reach 5GB, and 2G/EDGE speeds thereafter.

I love this plan and have been using it for the past 14 months. I barely use any voice minutes now, I text everyone. And I have my family and friends using Go SMS Pro and we routinely use the 'walkie-talkie' voice feature on that which just uses a tiny amount of data.

i thought it was 2GB but falcon is saying 5GB. either way i usually dont come close.

It says only available for 'devices' purchased from Walmart or 'devices' activated on T-Mobile.com, but that extends to T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards purchased from their website. Buy a prepaid SIM, pick your plan and port your number, and bam... you're good to go.

4G (I'm pretty sure it's LTE included, but it could be just HSPA+) speeds until you reach 5GB, and 2G/EDGE speeds thereafter.

I love this plan and have been using it for the past 14 months. I barely use any voice minutes now, I text everyone. And I have my family and friends using Go SMS Pro and we routinely use the 'walkie-talkie' voice feature on that which just uses a tiny amount of data.

yep that's the plan. and it is 4G LTE, i can see it right now on my note 2. i sometimes only get 3G or 4G based on where i am, but the plan definitely covers up to 4G LTE.

Hmm yeah 5GB ain't bad at all. I am paying essentially an extra $50 for no throttling :/ not sure if it's worth it. I rarely go over 3-4GB/month unless I go on vacation and start tethering.

If I could use my existing AT&T phone and change plans to this, I would cut my bill in half and have basically the same plan and coverage.

I rarely go over 200mb since I'm mostly near WiFi.

I'm on the T-Mobile $30 plan. Don't talk that much, sometimes I'll go over $5 for the month. I just keep some extra $$ on the account in case.

I like that it's 4G LTE but their coverage is still spotty in the area. I was using a pay-as-you-go account with a $30 Nokia dumb phone that I paid $100 once a year for 1200 minutes, used about 1000 and rolled over the rest, used this for about 5 years.

Finally bought a HTC One developer edition, unlocked and T-Mobile let me switch to this plan online, even though "technically" it was supposed to be for phones bought at the Wall Mart. Been happy with it, but Verizon/ATT obviously have much wider coverage. If they come out with plans close to the bang/buck... I'll move.

I also have the $30 plan from Tmobile and it's awesome. I went from Straight Talk unlimited $45 plan to this one last Xmas when Tmobile had their sim card sale for $1 free shipping. Once I got it I called in and got on the plan.

I like where AT&T is going with this, though they need a direct equivalent to T-Mobile's $30 plan. I use that myself and love it (90% of my calls are through my office phone or house phone, what few get to my cell don't last longer than 5 minutes or so). If AT&T could make an equivalent plan I would seriously consider jumping to them.

If att had a 30 plan to match t mobile i would jump ship immediately, my coverage would be way better with att

The $45 ATT plan is terrible.

Anyone that knows about Straight Talk or any of T-mobile's plans would know this.

Not if you dont get t mobile signal but att signal where you live because lets be honest here t mobile doesn't have the coverage that att has

T-Mobile 4G can be either HSPA+ or LTE, depends where you are at......

Hey Blue I thought you were trying out ST for a while? I recall you were using Tmo like I am but over in Ft Worth and were getting horrible coverage like me. What changed that you decided to go with Tmo again considering how poor their coverage is in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area is?

Just saw the commercial unlimited talk and text and 300mb of data no contract for $45 a month. Didn't they stop selling straight talk Sim cards a while ago and now they drop this plan. Pretty good idea for them, bad for the consumer at least you got more data with ST but you had restrictions on the usage.

What do you guys think about this

Would this give me better service than H2O wireless?

yeah i believe it would because it is actual att service compared to a mvno that has restrictions

I like the idea of not having a contract but the rest of it I'm not too happy with.

Back