ATI is bluffing? R520 48 pipes

Z

Zinn

I heard that ATI is really bluffing and the R520 iss realy going to kik ass and thye are just toying with Nvidia because when they release the R520 Nbvidia is going to go out of business. Because the r500 us 48 pipes so the R520 can easily be 48 n prboably 64

16 pipes is bullshit unless there extreme pipes or something. But it wouldt surprise me if it had 48 pipes since the Xbox 360(R500) does.

Well I heard that the 7800 Ultra will have 72 pipelines and be clocked at 2Ghz core using GDDR12 and be released immediately after the R520....

...speculation people. Nothing is for certain unless the product is "out". :rolleyes:

Xenos has 48 ALU's, not pipes. And guess what - the G70 has 48 ALU's too. Geez, how is it possible to be this retarded.... :confused:

Wow, like this thread wasn't made on purpose to annoy everybody. And somehow moderators aren't locking or deleting these threads.... oh wait, there goes one...

Zinn said:
I heard that ATI is really bluffing and the R520 iss realy going to kik ass and thye are just toying with Nvidia because when they release the R520 Nbvidia is going to go out of business. Because the r500 us 48 pipes so the R520 can easily be 48 n prboably 64
Would you mind cleaning-up the typing? I am having a very difficult time understanding the statement you are making...

*wipes tears of laughter from eyes*

That is the best laugh I have had in a while.

PolarbearBigEd said:
Well I heard that the 7800 Ultra will have 72 pipelines and be clocked at 2Ghz core using GDDR12 and be released immediately after the R520....

...speculation people. Nothing is for certain unless the product is "out". :rolleyes:

ZOMG!@#!@@#!!@!%^%^%$@#$!@11!@#@#11ONE@@!@!ONEONE!!!@#!@111#!!@#!@#

Really? :p

WE just need ATI to release it... and we shell see if its any good. 7800GTX is pretty hard to beat :p

By the time ATI release the card the war will be over.

nVidia have had free reign on the high-end market for a few months now.

Zinn said:

OMG YEA TEH 48 PIPES WILL H4X0R NVIDIAS GIBSONS AND TEHY WILL GO BANRUPT

.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, let's monkey with the SEC and our own Stock Holders. After all if they can't wait for our dominating product that will be launched in such secrecy, they deserved to loose all that stock money. :p

Right :rolleyes:

Let's all just wait. Other than links to new lawsuits, I want all this speculation to end and talk about real products.

This is just like all the BS that was floating around prior to the release of the 7800.
:rolleyes:

I heard it not only has 48 pipes, but it will install all by itself, bring CPU temps down by 10 degrees, remove spyware, defrag hard drives, and fold.

Zinn said:

what do you smoke and where can i get some?

Scroatdog said:
I heard it not only has 48 pipes, but it will install all by itself, bring CPU temps down by 10 degrees, remove spyware, defrag hard drives, and fold.
Don't forget: reduce power consumption of CRT monitors by 78%

DocFaustus said:
Don't forget: reduce power consumption of CRT monitors by 78%

All while maintaining over 100 FPS at max settings in all games

And, has 3 DVI ports and can allocate a dedicated 16 pipes per monitor, for true surround video capacity. Who needs SLI when one video card is like having three. :D

retardedchicken said:
And the droning noise of the fan sounds like soothing elevator music.
Not to mention it pours you a nice cup of coffee to help you stay awake for those long gaming sessions

rwilliamsmug13gl.jpg

I know I shouldn't respond to the post by the OP as I know it is a sad attempt at trying to rile people up but...I am bored....so here is my answer:

Oh golly really...super duper batman...I was hoping for something like this. I knew ATI was going to do something like this...I am so happy I stuck with my old PCI video card with 8MB ram (made by ATI last year) so that I can upgrade with this. This will be part of my quantum physics visual accelerator card our university has been clamoring for....Thank you ATI, thank you....you saved my career and now I can use that card to get that kidney I always wanted....And I heard it will run on manure too...all I have to do is to scoop them up, place them on the video card, and wham, instant 48 pipes wonder....because both the card and the manure is begining to smell the same...

In all seriousness, I was an ATI supporter until lately. ATI has been screwing up royally that I just can't wait for these phatom releases and bought myself a few 7800gts. Their stock is tanking, their business practing is getting sloppy and their production is mute. They really need to do one of those "corporate restructuring" to get back in shape and start to compete again with nVidia. Competition is good as it helps prevent monopolization and high prices for things we don't truly need.

quiksilverx181 said:
Not to mention it pours you a nice cup of coffee to help you stay awake for those long gaming sessions
Now runs flawlessly in Linux supporting the newest OpenGL features without bulky drivers or recompiling the kernel – True plug and play ease for the alternative OS people we love.

I can't wait for the Fatal1ty version which will automatically frag its namesake without any skillz.

kirbyrj said:
I can't wait for the Fatal1ty version which will automatically frag its namesake without any skillz.

The Just1nSane version of the 7800GTX will totally kick its ass though.

DocFaustus said:
Now runs flawlessly in Linux supporting the newest OpenGL features without bulky drivers or recompiling the kernel – True plug and play ease for the alternative OS people we love.

Ok, now things are getting a bit silly.

omg....STFU....first off Nvidia will never go out of business and that is because 98% of their income (thats exagerated but you get the idea) is generated through workstation/server components and chipsets which is somthing ATi isnt too keen at. Second off all you people that keep thinking the r500 has 48 pixel pipes....it has 48 universal pipes that can be used as vertex shaders and pixel pipes which is very efficient but isnt the same as having 48 dedicated pixel pipes. Also the r520 is most likely just gonna be a hold me over card *assuming* that the inquirer is actual correct by saying the r580 is ready (its probably some more inquirer BULLSHIT though...lol, they get it right every now and then though)

Zinn said:

can you make any more sense? ATI cant get 32pipes workable on r520 because of the switch to .90nm process. They couldnt even get 20pipes.

For now its 16pipes with high clock speed. This is their strategy to beat the 7800gtx or atleast come close. As time passes ATI will release cards with 24 and 32 pipes. Also consider that XBOX GPU has a unified shader architecture which means the 48 pipes can be used for anything. This is not the case in desktop GPU.

swatX said:
can you make any more sense? ATI cant get 32pipes workable on r520 because of the switch to .90nm process. They couldnt even get 20pipes.

For now its 16pipes with high clock speed. This is their strategy to beat the 7800gtx or atleast come close. As time passes ATI will release cards with 24 and 32 pipes. Also consider that XBOX GPU has a unified shader architecture which means the 48 pipes can be used for anything. This is not the case in desktop GPU.
WAMO!!!...we have a winner....you get 36cents and a sticker, congrats

Back